Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ THEIR PLAN DIDN’T WORK ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 21 - THEIR PLAN DIDN'T WORK
NARRATOR'S POV
“Mom, are you sure you can't come?” James asked as he held his phone.
“I'm sorry honey. I'm really just busy.” Her mother answered.
“Oh well.”
“Good luck baby James!!! I know you'll gonna win this.” Her mother cheered.
“Thaks mom. Alright bye.” He ended their conversation.
“Ann, c'mon, we'll be late.” James called on Ann.
“Wait! I'm still preparing your face towel and your water.” Ann shouted.
Then two went quickly to Sun Valley High. Today is Saturday but today's the big day. Upon arriving, James' teammates were already anxious, waiting for them.
“James, c'mon. Coach is already looking for us. The game will start anytime from now.” Carl said.
“Ann, are you gonna be okay?” James worriedly asked.
“Don't worry about me. I'll be with Trixie and her friends. Just go there and do your thing. Okay?” Ann assured him.
He flashed a grin and ran towards the field. Ann stayed with Trixie and her friends. They sat on the fourth row together with the wild audience.
“Oh my Gawdd. I freakin' nervous right now :/” Cristi stated as she sipped her soda.
Everyone was anxious while Ann just sat there calm, checking her soccer-player-boyfriend every time. Soon after, the game started. The crowd began to makes some noise, cheering for the teams they liked, together with the cheerleaders and bleachers of the opposing teams. Every time one team scored, the crowd would go `WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH', and Ann was one of them :)
It wasn't still half of the game but Sun Valley's YELLOW Eagles were already leading with at least ten points. Seventy percent was scored by James Reid and obviously, he stood out from the group. The opposing team's coach even advised his players to target and look over James carefully.
---TIME OUT---
The girls ran quickly to their boyfriends to wipe their boyfriends' sweat and offer them a bottle of water to drink. The coach allowed the girls to be with his players since the game was going well ^^
Ann quickly went to James to wipe his sweat and offered him the bottle of water she prepared for him this morning.
“You did great.” She smiled and gave James two thumbs up.
“Of course, no one can beat the mighty JAMES REID.” He boasted and grinned.
Seeing Ann wiping James' sweat, girls having a crush on James already lost hope especially that they're acting too sweet in front of the large crowd. Since James stood out from his teammates, everyone's attention was on them. Some got jealous on Ann; some got jealous on James; some thinks they're the cutest couple; but, someone, on the other side of the field, was also watching the two love birds.
“Hahaha (evil laugh mode)” he laughed.
“So that's James Reid's weakness?? Jackpot!” He whispered to his self.
“Sam.” He called his son.
Sam, who wasn't paying any attention to the game, playing his PSP the whole time, went to his dad.
“What?” he asked.
“You want an allowance increase, right?” he dad asked.
“HELL YEAH!”
“Then flirt with that girl.” He pointed on Ann.
“Flirt with her? Wait, isn't she the girlfriend of that James Reid?”
“Just do it!!” his dad exclaimed.
“Ugh! Fine, whatever.” He answered.
The game started shortly after the break. James ran back to the field after stealing a kiss again from his girlfriend. Ann, on the other hand, went back to her seat. That's the time Sam went to her.
“Hi.” Sam greeted.
Ann looked at him confusingly.
“Do you need anything?” she asked innocently.
“Can I sit beside you?” Sam uttered.
She didn't respond and had her attention back to the game. Since she didn't respond, Sam decided to sit beside her anyway.
“So, what's your name?” he asked as he placed his arm slowly at back of Ann's seat. Still, Ann didn't give any answer.
“The game is really boring; we should hang out at the mall.” Sam said.
“I'm sorry. I am enjoying the game. You can go to the mall yourself if you want to.” Ann calmly answered.
“Aww, you're cute. Just mean it; I know you like me too.” Sam teased her as he leaned closer to Ann. She felt uncomfortable. She leaned away.
“I'm sorry. I'm not attracted to you at all.” Ann still stayed cool.
“Aww, c'mon. I know you like me too.” Sam kept on insisting, leaning closer and closer to Ann.
James, who was enjoying the game, looked at where Ann was seated to find some inspiration. Unfortunately, he got the opposite thing. His blood started to boil seeing a guy seated beside him, leaning closer and closer to her girlfriend.
“James, the ball!!!!” Dino shouted. Before he knew it, the ball was already stolen by the other team.
“James, what was that?” Carl exclaimed.
“Tsk.”
He was trying to concentrate on the game yet the image of Ann with that guy keeps on flashing into his mind, causing him to be absent-minded.
--TIME OUT—
“James, what is wrong?” his coach exclaimed.
“Coach, I think I need to rest for awhile.” He said.
“Okay Paul, you'll substitute him. Okay, go, go, go.” the coach uttered.
James sat there, still absent-minded.
Meanwhile, Ann, on her seat, was already annoyed with the stranger who keeps on bugging her. She decided to sit to another seat. But when she was going to walk away, Sam blocked her.
“Where are you going? I thought we're having a great time?” he said.
Ann pushed him lightly so she can walk away. But Sam was quick; he pulled Ann's hand to bring her closer to him.
James saw everything; everything that he didn't want to see. His head was about to explode. Before he knew it, he was already running towards them, ignoring his coach calling on him.
“YOU PERVERT!!!” James exclaimed as he landed a punch on Sam. The game was paused. Everyone's attention was on their fight.
“Hey, what's that for??” Sam exclaimed as he stood back from his fall.
“I saw you flirting with my girlfriend.” James exclaimed as he once again landed a punch on him.
James teammates ran into him to stop him from punching Sam again.
“James, that's enough.” Carl uttered.
Together with Ann, his teammates brought him to the locker room. Everyone was there, including his coach.
“I'm sorry, coach. It's just that----
“It's okay James. It wasn't your fault. They probably planned it.” The coach said.
“Yeah right. The guy who flirted with Ann was Sam, son of the coach of the opposing team. They probably planned to make you jealous so you can't concentrate in playing the game.” Paul uttered.
“Are we disqualified because of what happened?” James asked.
“No. the game was temporarily stopped. We'll be up by five minutes after.” The coach replied. James nodded. After that, there was an awkward silence. James was staring at them, giving them a `can we have a moment?' look ^^
“What the hell. I need to pee. Paul, wanna come with me?” Carl joked.
“Sure.” Paul agreed.
“Wait, I wanna come too.” Dino said.
His other teammates also went out of the room, giving them the privacy they wanted.
“Did he harm you?” he asked Ann silently. She shook her head.
“How about you? Are you okay?” Ann worriedly held his face.
“No, I'm fine.”
“I'm sorry.” Ann apologized.
“It wasn't your fault. Don't be sorry about it.” He said as he hugged Ann.
“James, you have two minutes more.” The coach informed them. After hearing that, the two stood and prepared.
“Good luck James.” Ann smiled.
“Where's my good luck kiss?” James asked. Ann then kissed his cheeks. After that, they went back to the field. Everyone's eyes were on them.
“See you later.” James said as he ran back to the field while Ann went back to her seat. When the game started, James was more determined to win the game. He teased a smile on the opposing coach and on Sam every time he scores. He would also glance on Ann every time to check on her.
The team gained back the scores they lost. The game was almost over. It was the last minute. Everyone was anxious. The crowd went wild when suddenly, James stole the ball from the opposing team.
5
4
3
2
*whistles*
The Sun Valley YELLOW Eagles rejoiced after James successfully scored for the last second. Everyone made noise. James' teammates carried him as they were announced as champion. Some even went crazy and screamed endlessly. James' gained a lot of fans and supporters. Everyone went to him, taking pictures; some even asked for his autograph.
The opposing team went home empty- handed. Good for them >:P
Ann waited for James outside.
“Bye, Trixie.” Ann uttered as Trixie exited from the school with Carl.
“Ann, just wait for James. He'll be out later.” Carl said.
After a few minutes, a crowd began to form. James was already exiting from the field but the crowd was following him. After the crowd started to lessen, he ran anxiously towards
his girlfriend.
“So?”
“Congratulations.” She greeted as she offered James a SUPER TIGHT HUG. He hugged her back, lifting Ann and twirled her around.
“Where's my kiss?” he said as he neared and pouted his lips.
“Opps.” Ann stopped him with her finger.
“It's inappropriate to kiss in school.” Ann said. James chuckled.
“Hey James.” Josh called.
“Yeah, hey.” He answered.
“Don't you want to take revenge on that guy?” he asked.
“Who, Sam?” he asked. Josh nodded.
“Never mind. Anyway, their plan didn't work. We still won the game and I still got my girlfriend.” He smiled.
END OF CHAPTER 21-