Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ MY BROTHER’S GIRLFRIEND IS A SORCERESS ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 25 - MY BROTHER'S GIRLFRIEND IS A SORCERESS
NARRATOR'S POV
“Mom, what are you doing here? This is supposed to be my room!?!!” Lauren exclaimed.
“Lauren, my dear, welcome back :)” her mom replied. 
“Mom, don't change the topic, why are you here in my room???”
“Lauren, you're overreacting already. I'm just taking a nap here.”
“Oh my Gosh, sorry mom -_-` ”
“I understand. Come here, give me a hug.” Her mother said as she rose from the bed and opened her arms to Lauren. Lauren right away hugged her mother.
“I miss you mom.” Lauren uttered.
“I miss you too darling.” She answered.
“Baby James.” Lauren called.
“Bring my luggage in.” she added, breaking from the hug.
“Luggage? ” their mother asked, obviously puzzled.
“Mom, please don't mind me unpacking my things. Just continue your nap.” Lauren smiled to her mother.
“Unpack? I thought you already arrived here yesterday?” she asked again. James, who already noticed her mother's confusion, tried to make an alibi.
“Uh, sorry mom, I haven't informed you. Lauren did arrive here yesterday but she left her luggage first in the hotel she checked in. That is why, she just got the chance to unpack her things today.” James explained, flashing an awkward smile.
“Oh.” Their mother answered while Lauren just gave James a furious look.
“I can explain.” James whispered to Lauren.
“You better explain this misunderstanding, James.” Lauren replied.
By that, Lauren just grabbed her luggage and headed to the closet. But, to her surprise, when she opened the closet, it was already filled with clothes, specifically ladies' clothes. Lauren was stunned and turned back to ask James about the clothes.
“James, whose dresses are these???” she asked.
*sh!t! I forgot to hide Ann's dresses.* James thought.
“Huh? Uh---surprise! Those are for you!.” James faked a laugh.
“Really? Yey!!!” Lauren exclaimed. She ran towards her brother and hugged him so tight.
“Thank you baby James. I love you!!!! Mwah mwah mwah.” There she goes again, showering James with her kisses.
“Would you stop it!” James reacted.
By the noise made my Lauren, their mother again was awaken.
“What's the noise is all about?” their mother asked.
“It's Lauren fault. She was the one who's making the noise.” James uttered.
“I'm sorry mom.” Lauren apologized. Their mother's eye widened after glancing at the wall clock.
“Oh my, it's almost four in the afternoon. Tsk3. You too should get dressed.” She said as she went out of the bed to head to the bathroom. 
“Dressed?” Lauren and James said in unison.
“Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to inform you two about our visit to the famous auction house here in the Philippines.” Their mother said.
“OMG! Don't tell me we're going to visit the oh-so famous CARMELLA DE ROSA, the famous auction house?!?” Lauren exclaimed.
“Yes, we are going there.” their mother smiled.
“YEYY!!! It's a dream come true!” Lauren added.
“Okay now, you two get dressed.” Their mother repeated and went inside the bathroom.
While Lauren was rejoicing for finally paying a visit to her favorite auction house, James grabbed him. 
“Lauren, you need to help me.” James uttered.
“Huh? Why, what's your problem Baby James?”
“It's about Ann.” James said.
“Ann? What about her?”
“Actually, uhm, … those clothes in the closet were actually not for you, they belong to Ann.”
“What?!? B-but… what are you trying to say???” Lauren asked,.
“Ann…i-is…living with me here.” James hesitantly told his sister.
“What?????? Ann is living with y------
Before Lauren could finish her sentence, James covered her mouth to prevent her in doing so.
“Would you watch what you're saying?? Mom might hear us here,” James told her.
Lauren spoke up as soon as James removed his hand from her mouth.
“Oh my Baby James!! Are you that in love with your girlfriend that you would let her live here with you???” 
“What??? No, of course not. Why would I do such thing.” James answered.
“Then, can you explain what is happening right now? You're giving me a reason to rush myself to the hospital because of a heart attack.”
“Lauren, calm down, okay? I can explain.” 
“Huh! You better explain to me everything or else, you are so dead.”
“I know, I know.”
By that, James told Lauren everything about Ann, as in everything. From the day he met her, to the day when he finally fell for her. He also told Lauren about their El Salvador experience and how he was forced to let Ann live with him. Aside from James, Lauren was now the only one who knows about Ann existing as a sorceress.
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're kidding aren't you?” Lauren said.
“No, believe me! I'm telling the truth Lauren.” James convincingly said.
“James, it's not yet April FOOL'S DAY. Duh!”
“Lauren, I'm serious.” James uttered.
“Oh well, I guess I need to confirm it.” Lauren said.
“What? What do you mean?” James asked.
Lauren tolerated James as she went downstairs and headed to the living room.
“Lauren, wait.” James called. Lauren stopped from her paces and turned to her brother.
“Be soft on her, she's as innocent as a kid.” James said. Lauren gave him a smile and continued to walk towards the living room. As Lauren was nearing the said room, she heared Ann's giggle and the sound of the television. When she arrived at the room, she paused just inches away from the couch where Ann was sitting. Suddenly…
“HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!!!!”Lauren faked cry. Upon hearing Lauren wail, Ann was a bit startled but eventually went to Lauren. 
“Are you okay?” Ann asked.
“HUHUHUHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Lauren cried harder. Ann, who was obviously confused of what she was going to do, just let Lauren sat on the couch. 
“What's wrong?” Ann softly asked as she tapped Lauren's back gently.
“HUHUHU! My heart is aching Ann and I can't help it. My boyfriend left me days ago but the pain is still there. HUHUHU!! Ann, do you know how to remove the pain from my heart?” Lauren asked. Lauren's fake-cry was very believable. She's a good actress after all. That's why, Ann was confused of whether to remove the pain from Lauren's heart by healing her broken heart or to leave her heart broken just to hide her powers. Unfortunately, she can't help her merciful heart :)
“Lauren, can you close your eyes just for a few seconds?” Ann asked.
“Huh? Why?” 
“It will help you feel better.” Ann said.
“Really?”
Ann just smiled. So, Lauren followed what Ann told her. As soon as her eyes were closed, she felt two warm hands on her chest. She can't help but to peek. She was rooted to the spot by what she saw. Ann's hands were glowing as it were resting on her chest. By that, she felt better. After that, Ann removed her hands from Lauren's chest and asked her to open her eyes. Lauren could not believe of what she just saw. Indeed, James was telling the truth. 
“Gosh Ann, how did you do that?” Lauren asked.
“Huh? Uh,, uhmm---
“Never mind.” Lauren said as she rose from the couch. 
“C'mon Ann, let's change.” She uttered as she grabbed Ann towards the guest room.
“Change?” Ann asked.
“Aren't you coming with us?”
“Where?”
“We're going to the auction house. You should come with us.” Lauren said.
“Huh? Uhmm…”
“Oh c'mon Ann, PUHLEASSEE???” Lauren pleaded.
“What if James won't let me?” Ann asked.
“He will. Right James?” Lauren asked. James was just at their back, listening to their conversation. 
“Of course.” He grinned. Ann then smiled and went inside the room. 
“Believe now?” James whispered to Lauren.
“Yeah whatever.” Lauren answered.
END OF CHAPTER 25-