Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ AUCTION MASTER OF PORCELAINS ( Chapter 26 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 26 - AUCTION MASTER OF PORCELAINS
NARRATOR'S POV
“Mom, Ann's coming with us.” Lauren smilingly said as she hurried back to the guest room, pulling Ann with her. James, on the other hand, went to his room to change into his oh-so-expensive tuxedo which was bought from Paris a year ago.
“Are you out of your mind?” her mom reacted, almost wearing a face like thunder.
“She can't go with us; I mean …she doesn't have clothes to wear.” She added.
Lauren, who was shocked of what her mom reacted, burst into laugh when she heard her silly reason.
“Mom, of course I'm not a fool of not knowing that.” She uttered. “Anyways, I have plenty of clothes in my closet and I can lend her some. That simple, mom.” She stated, sounding sarcastic.
“(sigh) Do what you want Lauren, but I hope you won't give our family such shame just because we brought that scatter-brain girl with us.”
“Mom, show some respect to her. She's James' guest. You're the elder here; you're supposed to act properly. I never thought you had a heart of stone.” Lauren said and stormed off to the other room bringing Ann with her, leaving a bad atmosphere.
“Ann, please don't mind my mom.” She apologized to Ann.
“No, it's really okay Lauren. I'm even grateful of what you did for me. But, I'm as well sorry for the conflict that was created between you and your mom just because of me.” Ann frowned.
“No, it's okay Ann; it's not your fault. My mom must be just tired from her trip, or maybe she's having her period that's why she acts weird.” Lauren joked.
*period??? I wonder what's a period.* Ann thought.
“Can we just stop discussing that matter and start changing?” Lauren asked.
“Of course.” Ann answered shortly.
Lauren is so into fashion; she probably owns all styles of clothes. She even complimented that Ann can wear and manage to stand out in almost all kinds of clothes especially having gifted with fair complexion and an angelic face. After finally choosing the perfect dress for Ann, Lauren started to style her silky hair and applied light make-up into her face. She also lends Ann one pair of her high heels. Ann refused to wear high heels for she might not carry it well. So, Lauren decided to just let her wear low heels having measured it an inch.
“Ann, you know that flat shoes do not go well with the dress you are wearing.”
“Well, can we just change the dress I am wearing with something that can be matched with a pair of flat shoes?”
“Oh Ann, you don't know how I work so hard just for you to look perfectly stunning for this event.” Lauren replied.
Ann blushed and surrendered. She thanked Lauren and left the room so Lauren can already change. As she was heading down the stairs, a guy who looks perfectly familiar met her eyes. He's wearing a black tuxedo that still looks new. He didn't blink his eyes as he laid it on Ann. He wore a stunned face though he gradually smiled when he realized that she was smiling at him. He reached for her hand as she was about to land on the ground.
“In case you didn't notice, you look very stunning right now.” James flashed a grin. Ann smiled back. They sat on the couch, waiting for James' mom and Lauren to come down. Though James could barely speak because of sitting beside a living goddess, as he described Ann, he still managed to have a conversation with her.
“I gotta thank Lauren for what she did to you today.” James muttered.
“Can we stop discussing of how I look right now?” Ann asked.
“I'm just saying.” James replied with a smile.
“By the way James, I need to tell you something.”
“What is it?”
“It's about Lauren. Earlier, she was crying frantically. She said it's because of her boyfriend. She looked so hurt that I convinced myself to help her by healing her wounded heart. Don't you think she would discover about me being a sorceress? I mean, I applied my healing powers on her, she might wonder how I did it and would get curious about it.” Ann said, almost whispering.
“She already knew.” James replied shortly.
“What?”
“I already told Lauren about you existing as a sorceress.”
“But James…what if she will spill the beans? What if she'll tell your mom? What if she'll tell anyone else? What if---”
“Ann, Lauren is my sister and, believe or not, my best friend. I know her very well and I know she won't let us down.” James explained.
“But James----”
“So when are you going to trust Lauren? When she'll already be your sister-in-law?”
“Sister-in-law???” Ann asked innocently.
“Never mind, just trust Lauren okay?”
Ann sighed heavily. “Okay.”
“But James, I still need to tell you something.” Ann continued. “When I healed Lauren, I felt her heart's pain. But I think it wasn't because of his boyfriend, because her heart was longing for another thing.”
“What is it?”
“She's longing for a… father.”
That's when silence interrupted their conversation. James didn't reply after that, though Ann is still eager to wait for an answer.
“Our dad died from a car accident two years ago. It happened on the day of Lauren's birthday.” James finally spoke.
Ann's body turned numb. Losing someone you loved on your special day? That's worst than losing them from a war.
“I'm sorry.” Ann uttered.
“(sigh)You don't have to.” James assured.
They ended their conversation as soon as they heard footsteps coming down from the stairs.
“James, Ann, ready?” Lauren asked, confidently walking towards them, wearing a glamorous outfit paired with an astonishing look.
“Wow Lauren, you're a genius. Even the ugliest beast could turn into a princess with your talent in beautifying. You look fantastic.” Ann commented.
Lauren replied with a sweet smile. “I know, right?”
“Let's go, we might be late for the event.” James' mom impatiently stated.
So, they swiftly went off to the famous auction house. Of course, knowing the class of people attending such event, the Reid family used their Limousine to blend with them. As expected, Ann was so amazed especially having given the chance to ride in it.
“See, I told you she's really cute when she's amazed with things she hasn't known; things that are new to her.” James said.
“I know, right? She's effortlessly cute with every expression she wears.” Lauren smiled.
They arrived at the auction house shortly. Their mother walked first inside and the three followed. James, without hesitation, took Ann's hand for him to hold.
“Wow James, all of the people here looks so beautiful.” Ann uttered.
“Get used to it. You'll see more of them on the day of our wedding.” James replied with a smirk. Ann suddenly felt awkward after she heard the word `wedding'. She felt lightning volts are going to appear again.
“James, you shouldn't have said that. I feel like lightning volts will appear again.”
“Ann, learn to control yourself; just accept the fact that you will marry me someday.” James displayed a teasing smile. Their conversation was cut off when the announcer suddenly spoke.
“Before we officially start the auction proper, let me introduce to you the famous AUCTION MASTERS.” he stated.
“Firstly, I introduce to you the man who is so known for collecting the best male suits all over the world; he gained the title, the SUIT-MASTER. Ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you, Frederick Go.”
-crowd applause-
The other auction masters were introduced next. They were---Teresita Solomon, the Auction master of jewelries, Ralph Garcia Jr., the Auction master of world famous paintings, Randy Clemente, the Auction master of Sport Apparels, and, of course, the Auction master of Porcelains, Pierro Vergara.
The auction proper came by quickly right after the auction masters were introduced. After which, the Reid Family along with Ann got acquainted with the famous auction masters. Mrs. Reid asked Lauren, James and also Ann to formulate questions for the auction masters to answer to keep their conversation going. Indeed, all of their answers were interesting and very entertaining though one answer rose above the rest…it was Pierro's.
“Good Evening Mr. Vergara, it's nice to finally meet you. These are my children” Mrs. Reid greeted.
“Good Evening.” He greeted back. He then shook hands with Lauren, James, and Ann after they introduced their selves to him.
“So Mr.Vergara, since when did you start joining in auction events?” Lauren started to ask.
“Since I was twelve, I was usually the representative in my family whenever my dad can't attend.” He replied.
“So did you still join auction events with the same reason?” James asked.
“Not really. My dad died when I was thirteen.” Pierro replied.
“So why did you continue to participate in auction events?” Lauren asked again.
“And why do you spend so much of your money just for porcelains?” Ann asked.
“I continued joining auction events because of porcelains but I don't actually have much interest on them, it's just that my mom loves them so much and the best feeling I usually feel is when I would feel so much happy for satisfying my mom's wants, well, though she's just my step mom.” Pierro explained.
“Aww, you're mom is so lucky to have you.” Lauren commented.
“Actually, I'm luckier that I met her and let me feel how it is to be loved by a mother because my true mother died after I was conceived from her womb.” He added.
They all smiled and were touched by what Pierro had told them.
“Why does your mother love porcelains so much?” Ann asked.
“Uhmm, it's a private matter.” He smiled awkwardly.
“Oh, I'm sorry.” Ann apologized.
“What's the name of your step mom, if you don't mind?” Mrs. Reid randomly asked.
“Diana.” He answered.
Did she hear it right? Diana? Ann froze after Pierro had said the name of her mother. Porcelain…step mom…Diana…private matter…all the details… they seem to match. She didn't know it was coming, ANN didn't know it was coming. Ann was dead frozen but she can't help herself to ask…if she did hear everything right.
“Diana?” Ann asked.
END OF CHAPTER 26-