Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ JAMES LIKES HER…A LOT ( Chapter 27 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 27 - JAMES LIKES HER…A LOT
JAMES' POV
“Diana?” asked Ann.
“Yes, Diana.” Pierro replied.
As I was holding Ann's hand, I felt it turned cold, or rather, frozen. There's something wrong, I can sense it. I checked her reaction to know what was going on. Did my grip on her hand too tight that her whole body turned frozen? But her expression was more surprising. Her eyes widen and it looked like tears are eager to go out to flow into her cheeks. Her lower lip was slightly away from her upper lip, like her jaw dropped a bit. What was wrong with her? I tried to remember the last word that came out from her mouth--- `Diana?'
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with the name Diana. There's got to be something else. Then, a memory flashed into mind, it was so sudden that I barely felt that I was closing my eyes.
FLASHBACK
We went into a room in a tower together with the crowd. Ann's hands were sweating, still, I held her, so we won't lose track.
“This was where the wife and daughter of the King hid during the war. This was where King Pyradon used all his strength to perform a certain technique to end the war…but it also means to kill all the sorcerers including himself. But it was believed that he hid his daughter and his wife in two different porcelains to keep them alive. So, the mother and the daughter still might be existing today or may have lived a long time ago and died of old age.” The tour guide once again explained.
“Wife? Mother also hid in a porcelain?” Ann silently asked.
END OF FLASHBACK
Porcelains?
“So Pierro, where does your house reside?” Lauren asked.
“Presently, I and my mom are residing in China. It was also my mom's decision to live there.” He said.
CHINA?
FLASHBACK
“However, the two porcelains were sold and were imported in different countries. The other one was believed to be sent in Egypt while the other was in CHINA. No one knew what happened to his wife and his daughter then.” The tour guide ended.
END OF FLASHBACK
Unbelievable! What I am imagining right now may be far from reality but, with all these realizations…this may not be far from possible.
My mind stopped from wandering when I felt that Ann's eyes were already on me. When I turned to her, tears were almost falling out of her eyes. She was pressing her lips so tight this time to somewhat, hold her tears from falling. But, she was trying to tell me another thing; she was asking for help, as if, she wants me to convince Pierro to tell every detail of his step mom.
Lauren noticed us. I held on to her gaze and her eyes were firm. Somehow, she's telling me that she understood with what's happening right now. I did my action plan before Pierro would leave.
“So, Mr.Vergara, can we visit your residence?” I asked.
“Of course, anytime. It is open to all porcelain lovers. Actually, I'm going back there after this.” He uttered.
.
“Well, we might as well just have our flight tomorrow.” I said.
“Good thing.” Pierro smiled.
They had a little chitchat with my mom before he finally left us four. After Pierro left, that was when my mom scolded me.
“What on earth were you thinking? You're going to skip class just to visit China? Do you think I will allow you?” she muttered.
I don't need her approval, really. I mean, c'mon, I'm all grown up. Though I wasn't really ready to answer an alibi, some random words just came out of my mouth.
“It's a school purpose.” I answered.
“School purpose? And what will you do in China then?” mom asked.
Yikes, I need help. I gave Lauren a `help-me' look. I can't handle this alone especially that I can't keep myself calm knowing that Ann was not feeling well at the moment.
“Oh yeah. I remembered James telling that. He told me that they will be visiting China to uh…observe the weather there.” Lauren explained.
My mom paused for awhile, checking if Lauren was really telling the truth. My mom and Lauren weren't really that close so she can't probably read Lauren's expressions the way I do.
“Really. Is that so? Why didn't you tell me then?” she asked.
“Mom, you know we really can't have serious conversations knowing that we're living in separate houses.” I explained.
After my mom's long interrogating, I finally got out from her grip and went home with Ann and Lauren. I asked Lauren to help Ann in packing up our clothes while I'll avail our plane tickets for our flight tomorrow.
“Really? I can help Ann in packing? That's great! In that way, I can decide of the clothes you would wear in China, I mean, that's awesome Baby James. Hmm… I'll probably lend her some of my sexy clothes. You know, only the two of you will be going there, no disturbance, and, well, you can have a taste of teenage honeymoon. HAHA :D .” Lauren joked.
“Shut up.” I replied, rolling my eyes.
Seriously, that wasn't a good joke, but I liked it. Thanks Lauren, you gave an idea of what- to -do in China aside from figuring out if Pierro's step mom is Ann's long-lost mom. Just kidding, of course Ann wasn't ready and she's still young to get pregnant. LOL
I'm glad that Lauren and Ann have no problems with each other; in fact, they look like they've been friends for a long time. Everything was perfect however, my mom, with the way she treats Ann, really shows that Ann wasn't her taste…but honestly, I've never seen this side of my mom. I thought she was more righteous than a saint. Now, she's wicked than a demon to me, after how she treated Ann. But I hope this doesn't lead to any major conflict.
NARRATOR'S POV
It was 11:30 in the morning; Mrs. Reid went directly to a coffee shop after sending James with Ann in the airport. She went to this particular place to meet someone very, very special.
“I'm sorry, did you wait that long?” she apologized.
“No, not at all. I was just plain early.” The woman in a class navy blue dress replied.
“So, do you want to order something?” she asked.
“No, I'm actually full at the moment.” Mrs. Reid answered.
“So, let's get down to business. So, have you finally decided?” she asked.
“Well, Mdm. Seron, this wasn't that difficult to decide since my son, James, confessed to me how he truly felt for your daughter.” Mrs. Reid remarked.
“So, how did he feel for my daughter?” Mrs. Seron asked.
“James likes her…a lot. He even told me that it's a dream come true if he would finally marry Devon.”
“So, I guess this would not be called a `forced-marriage' after all. Devon also told me that James is her ultimate crush.” Mrs. Seron added.
“Perfect! Then and it's all done.” Mrs. Reid uttered.
“Devon would be very happy after I'll tell her about this.”
“I know. So do with my son James.” She displayed a plastic smile.
END OF CHAPTER 27-