Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Saeron's Temple ❯ Day in the Temple ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two - Day in the Temple

The day carried on like any other day at the temple. I occupied my time with tending to the plants in the garden and feeding the lazy fish in the pool near the entrance of the temple. All such trivial things that could have done without my help. But sadly there was nothing else I could do in the temple. And with Saeron gone I there wasn't even anyone to talk to. So I messed around with different things. As did my thoughts began to wander to my previous life. And I began wondering what my family was up to, if they were thinking of me, and if they were well. This was something that always occupied my mind and sometimes a tear or two would it's way out of my eyes. I missed them a lot and everyday my mind began to think of different ways to escape the temple. I knew, of course, that I could never get passed Saeron. No matter where he was he always seemed to know where I was. And while that was good for being rescued it did little to help me plans in escaping.

I finished feeding the fish in the pool, but my eyes continued to gaze into the mirror-like water. As I viewed myself in the pool a melody suddenly came to me. It was a song I had known since I was a child, and I knew it quite well. And without even thinking I began singing the words of the song. Each word formed smoothly out and filled the temple with an array of melodies. It made me feel relaxed as I twirled my finger in the water. I continued to sing till the end of the song and then continued once again, only realizing I had done so when the water calmed and my reflection clearly showed on the surface. My light hair rested calmly on my shoulders and my gray eyes seemed almost transfixed by my own image. To my side I noticed two large blue eyes staring back at me.
Before I could even catch myself my entire body fell head first into the surprisingly cold water. I struggled to get to the surface for a gasp of air, my arms flailing every with direction. Finally I made it up and I immediately began coughing. I headed for the side of the pool and my hands landed on something soft and bulgy. I looked up to find Saeron's large form and his piercing blue eyes looking down at me just before the large teeth came. I let out a scream of fright and just about lost consciousness when I realized he was only intending to help me out.
His teeth latched onto my dress and he began pulling me out, his large paws barely needing to brace him as he lifted me out of the water. He then set me down on the ground and backed a few inches away.
"Did I scare you?" His voice wasn't as concerned as I'd hoped it would be.
"Only a little." I lied. I got up and began heading for the bed room, my clothes dripping as I walked. I found my way to the bed and curled into a blanket for warmth. Saeron was already at my side laying next to me.
"I'll lay with you until your dry."
We laid there for almost an hour, and each second I began to depise him even more. It was his fault I had fallen into the pool, his fault I couldn't leave the temple, and his fault I would never see my fasmily again.

When I was dry and he had left I headed for the stables. This was one place I loved to be the day I had found it near the side of the temple. If I had just gone here in the first place I wouldn't have ended up in the water, but I had enjoyed the sun so much that I had neglected to visit the stable always located in the shade.
I took a light blanket so that I wouldn't get cold and headed down to the stables where two beautiful creatures waited for me. The first was a gentle paint pony, with soft, feathery hair and cute, stubby legs. Her eyes were always calm and bright like the sun. The second was a dark Frisian horse. His eyes much darker than the ponys and his legs elegantly long. His mane and tail waved with sunless beauty as well as his wave tipped feet.
I fed them every day as well as groom and walked them. The pony was my favorite. So easy to ride and a very smooth gait. I had given her the name Nara, and I would have named the other horse if Saeron hadn't already claimed a name for him.
I was a little more weary when I walked Oris. His sized frightened me, but despite that I knew he was gentle enough to cooperate with me and each time I was done walking him I was glad I had. The way he moved truly left nothing to be desired.
Today I decided I would ride Nara for a change. I had only ridden her once before and Saeron had not objected. Perhaps he wouldn't mind this time either. His only request, when it came to horses, was that I didn't ride Oris. Of course he didn't have to worry about this. I was too terrified as it was.
After I fit the saddle on Nara I attempt to mount her. When I straddled my legs onto the saddle I quickly remembered why I had ridden Nara so little. Her fat body caused my legs to stretch uncomfortably, but even so I placed my feet in the stirrups and took a hold of the reins. I kicked with my heals at Nara's sides. Her smooth gait coming to life as she pushed through the jungle. I kicked again and gait quickened to a run.
We were going at a reasonably fast pace when I noticed a small meadow at the corner of my eye. My hands gripped at the reins and the pony quickly stopped. I kicked just enough to get Nara to trot forward. The meadow looked as if it went on for several miles. The sun shown on it so warmly and the flowers danced in the wind as though they were calling to me to come join them.
I was surveying the area with intense focus when Nara let out a loud whine. Her body reared up and I quickly grabbed for the reins, trying my best to get her calm again. I looked in front to see what was the problem. It was then that I notice pools of water withing the grassy plains. Nara was one of the few horses I had ever known that hated water more than anything. I quickly directed her back to the jungle, looking back at the grassy plains with longing. I didn't know what it was, but something about that meadow seemed like a safe haven to me. I longed to come back, but it would take me forever on foot if I came, and I couldn't take Nara with me or she'd freak out again. But even so I still continued to look at it. I'd come back. I'd think of a way.

I found my way back to the temple and put Nara back in her stable. I began walking back to the temple entrance and as I did my eyes looked up at the sky with amazement. The colors of the sunset were especially beautiful this evening. I stood there, looking at the sky for a few minutes. Pretty soon the colors began to fade and my eyes trailed back to the path I was taking. It was then that I saw him. He had been standing only a few yards away, staring at me. My eyes quickly shifted away from him and my feet moved a little faster. I beat him to the entrance and headed straight for the bedroom.
I quickly changed out of the dress I was wearing and into a light gown for sleeping in. Just as I was about to wash my face Saeron strolled in, his eyes focused on no particular thing. I quickly stuck my hands in the bowl and wiped my face with the cool refreshing water. I felt around for the towel and wiped my face clean of the water.
I moved to the bed where Saeron was already laying and dimmed out the lamp just as my felt the bed. I situated myself so that I was on my side of the bed and not too close to the beast breathing calmly beside me.
I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to fall asleep. And soon, despite the fact that Saeron lay beside me, I felt all consciousness leaving me.