Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Around ❯ A Moment Like This ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
It was funny how close he had gotten to her heart. Whenever she looked at Shane Gray, her heart melted like chocolate on a sunny day. A tap came at the door as Mitchie strummed on her guitar. She stood up, the guitar still around her neck. Shane smiled as he overlooked Mitchie. She was wearing black shorts with a white plain shirt on. “Keepin' it simple?” he teased. Mitchie shut the door as he walked in and smiled.
 
“Well, wasn't expecting Superstar Shane Grey. Darn, now I've got to change into my Shane Grey shirt and shorts. Not to mention my hat and Shane Gray glasses,” she laughed. Shane joined in, sitting on her bed. “What are you doing here?”
 
Shane shrugged. Why he was there wasn't hard to figure out. He missed Mitchie. In fact, she was on his mind everyday. She was his dream, she was his friend, and she was everything to him. But if he told her that, it would be awkward, considering she was dating his younger brother, Nate. So he kept it to a simple, “Missed ya, I guess.”
 
Mitchie's smile left. He missed her? That was it? She slid on her bed and started strumming again. Shane noticed the tension. He moved closer to her. “What are you singing?” he asked. She looked up at him.
 
“Nothing. Just a song I wrote. Can I tell you something, Shane?” Mitchie asked. Shane nodded. Mitchie held up her guitar and Shane realized she was going to sing.
 
 
What if I told you
it was all meant to be
would you believe me
would you agree
it's almost that feelin
that we've met before
so tell me that you don't think I'm crazy
when I tell you love has come here and now
 
Mitchie avoided eye contact with Shane. This was a big step. And she really hoped he wouldn't call her crazy when she told him.
 
A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
for a moment like this
some people search forever
for that one special kiss

Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me
some people wait a lifetime
for a moment like this
 
Shane started to smile. He was lucky to have found Mitchie. Not the other way around. There were a million chances to meet a superstar like him. But to find a girl like Mitchie over every single person in the world, HE was lucky.
 
Everything Changes
but beauty remains
something so tender
I can't explain
well I may be dreamin
but still lie awake
can we make this dream last forever
and I'll cherish all the love we share
 
Mitchie remembered how she used to dream about Shane. Dancing with him at one of the party's the campers held. He would spin her around, hold her close, and whisper sweet things. She would smile, laugh, and even kiss him. But like the dance, her dreams ended and she found herself with Nate. Not to be mean, Nate was a great guy. But they both knew he was in love with her friend, Caitlyn, and she was in love with Shane. That's why they never kissed.
 
Some people spend two lifetimes
for a moment like this
some people search forever
for that one special kiss
oh I can't believe it's happening to me
some people wait a lifetime
for a moment
like this
Oh, like this
some people search forever oh yeah
some people wait a lifetime
for a moment
like this.
 
Some people never even found that someone. But Shane, he wasn't one of them. Mitchie put down her guitar. “I really do cherish everyday we spend together. But I don't want to be your friend, Shane. I want to be yours,” she whispered. Shane smiled, pulling her into a hug. Mitchie couldn't smile back. Nate trusted her to be his girl. And to turn her back on him and go with his brother, who always got the girls, it made her feel guilty.
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note-Sorry to do that to Nitchie fans. But you know, they gotta go. So, I just got a new keyboard so now all the buttons work and I can't wait to start writing more chapters. Song: A Moment Like This Artist: Kelly Clarkson If you have any questions or just want to comment on this, the button's down there. Pleaseeeeeee, review.
 
 
-Babyv1156