Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Around ❯ I Love You ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Mitchie sat by Nate, smiling at him. “Where's everyone?” she asked. Nate shrugged, pointing at the clock. “It's 5:47am, Mitchie, everyone's asleep,” he laughed. Mitchie flicked a fruit-loop at him. She took out a journal, pushing Nate away as he leaned over.
 
“Back it up, Nate. You're my friend and I love you, but I will kill you if you so much as glance at my journal, okay?” Mitchie threatened. Nate backed up, looking like he was a five year old in trouble. She rolled her eyes. “Okay.”
 
Nate smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist and looking over her shoulder. Mitchie blushed. It was kinda cozy being in his arms. She shook it off, remembering that Shane loved her. “This is a song I wrote, for you,” she explained. Nate's face lighted up. Mitchie stood up, bringing Nate with her. She started dancing with him.
 
We sign our cards and letters BFF
You've got a million ways to make me laugh
You're lookin' out for me; you've got my back
It's so good to have you around

You know the secrets I could never tell
And when I'm quiet you break through my shell
Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell
Cause you keep my feet on the ground
 
Mitchie remembered how she wanted to dance with Shane, not Nate. But here she was, and it was a little more, better than dancing with Nate. She didn't see Shane walk in. He walked back out, watching through the window.
 
You're a true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend
 
“You know, Nate, I think dancing with you is better than with Shane,” Mitchie said, putting her head on his shoulder. Shane's mouth dropped open.
 
You don't get angry when I change the plans
Somehow you're never out of second chances
Won't say "I told you" when I'm wrong again
I'm so lucky that I've found

[CHORUS 2]
A true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again

[BRIDGE]
True friends will go to the ends of the earth
Till they find the thing you need
Friends hang on through the ups and the downs
Cause they've got someone to believe in

[CHORUS 3]
A true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
No need to pretend
You're a true friend
You're here till the end
Pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend
 
Mitchie bowed with Nate and they both laughed. Shane walked in slowly. He looked up at Mitchie shaking his head. “Shane, hi!” she smiled at him. Shane knew she had no clue he had heard everything. “What's wrong?” she asked.
 
“Mitchie, I can't take it anymore! I thought you liked me,” Shane said. Mitchie stepped towards him. “But you like him, don't you? Mitchie, if you like him, just tell me! I won't care; I just want you to tell me the truth, okay? I can't take staying up at night and wondering if I'm the one you think about. I'm tired of the headaches I get. I'm so confused,” he continued.
 
Mitchie opened her mouth. She couldn't say anything. The truth was, she found herself falling for Nate all over again. But, Shane really depended on her to give him a chance. Against her heart's protest, she left Nate's side and kissed Shane. “I love you, Shane.”
 
Sometimes, she would cry at night because nothing made sense. Sometimes, she would laugh over how much fun she had with Shane. But most nights, she was thinking. Mitchie sat up in her bed, light on, cell phone in hand. She ran her thumb over the OK button that would call Nate. But for some reason, she couldn't call him. It wasn't like things were awkward between them. But somehow, Mitchie knew that Nate was giving a sad smile when he smiled. But that was rarely. Usually he'd just nod.
 
Mitchie closed the cell phone and dropped it on her lamp table. She remembered a time when all five of them, Jason, Shane, Nate, Caitlyn and her, took a walk along the water. Nate had been chatting to Caitlyn through it all. He even offered to walk Caitlyn home. It was as if…
 
A tear ran down her cheek because now she understood. He was interested in Caitlyn. For real this time. But she didn't want him to be. She found herself loving him, no matter how much she denied it. Mitchie laid down to sleep.
 
Nate smiled at Caitlyn. They had been talking for an hour. “Nate! Tell goodnight to your girlfriend and go to bed!” Jason and Shane said for the tenth time. Nate groaned. He smiled at Caitlyn and leaned in for a kiss. “Now!”
 
Nate got up, grabbing Caitlyn's hand. “Bye,” he said, blushing. Caitlyn kissed Nate quickly, waving and walking away.
 
Shane was just coming out of the bathroom when he saw the look on Nate's face. “She kissed you?” he asked. Nate nodded. It earned him a slap on the back. “Good job, Nate.”
 
Nate smiled, climbing into bed. Maybe he really was getting over Mitchie.
 
Author's Note-Sorry if I got your hopes up. Here's some questions that's gonna kill you until I post the next chappie. BTW Song: True Friend Artist: Hannah Montana
 
Will Nate still like Mitchie?
Will Mitchie get over Nate?
Is Nate really over Mitchie?
Is Caitlyn really Nate's new love?
Is Shane convinced that Mitchie loves him?
 
FIND OUT IN NEXT CHAPPIE!!!
 
-Babyv1156