Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Around ❯ THE END ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
Run, run like you do,
I'm chasing you
I'm on your tail, I'm gaining faster, you're going nowhere
Try to fix what you've done,
turn back the time
The night is gone and then we're falling faster now
 
Mitchie opened her eyes. Light streamed from her window and into the room. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed, got up, and walked outside. Everything was beautiful. The sun was brighter and the sky was as blue as it's ever been. There were even a few white clouds that looked extra soft. It made her sick. It was as if nothing was going wrong in her life. Mitchie frowned. And everyone walked around like it didn't matter how she felt about Nate but was trapped under guilt for Shane. She moved forward, grabbing onto a rail. She put so much pressure on it that a cry escaped her lips. All she wanted was Nate back.
 
Pushin' me away
Every last word, every single thing you say
Pushin' me away
Tryin' to stop now but it's all ready to late
Pushin' me away
Please don't care to say it to my face
Pushin' me away
Push push pushin' me away
 
Where was that music coming from? Mitchie ignored it. She gazed out into the lake. Even though it was beautiful, she started to cry. Everything was messed up in her life. It wasn't supposed to be. Mitchie remembered a few days ago what her mother had said to her.
 
“Are you ready to go back to Camp Rock?” she asked, her eyes sparkling. Mitchie had smiled, then jumped up and down and screamed. That meant seeing Shane. That also meant the whole summer was going to be awesome.
 
“Thanks, mom! Thank you!” Mitchie hugged her mom.
 
Mitchie laughed softly, wiping away a tear. Then she remembered meeting Nate.
 
“And this is Nate. My youngest brother,” Shane introduced, stepping away for Mitchie to see. Nate looked up at them, taking his focus off his song. His mouth dropped open. Nate stood up, clumsily knocking over his notebook. Mitchie laughed, bending over to help. They looked at each other, smiling.
 
“Well, I gotta go and unpack some more. Bye, Shane, Nate, and Jason,” Mitchie waved, giving one more smile at Nate and walking away. Nate watched her all the way.
 
“Bye, Mitchie.”
 
Stop! Tell me the truth
Cause I'm so confused
Spinning round these walls
are falling down and I need you,
more than you know,
Not letting go,
I'm getting close,
so take my hand
And please just tell me why
 
Now it was getting on her nerves. Mitchie left the porch and swung around the corner. She saw Nate sitting on the ground, throwing down his guitar, sighing. “Mitchie, what's wrong with me? Why can't I tell you I love you? It brings me to tears when I think of how you and Shane are in love. Don't you know that?” he whispered, his head falling into his hands.
 
Mitchie slid down the wall. Her eyes filled with tears.
 
“Wait. I know what's going on. You want to break up, don't you? I can't believe I actually thought you liked me,” Nate caught on, reaching for the door. Mitchie blocked him, leaning her back on the door.
 
“Believe me, Nate. I do like you. As a friend!” she exclaimed, trying to keep him from storming out. Nate stared at her, tears in his brown eyes.
 
“Not the way I like you, Mitchie.”
 
“I really do cherish everyday we spend together. But I don't want to be your friend, Shane. I want to be yours,” she whispered. Shane smiled, pulling her into a hug.
 
“Listen, Michie, I love you too. But if you love Shane, you love him. It's not my choice who you love. And sure, it'll take some time for me to cope with it. But you know me. I'll be back to my dorky self in no time. You can't get rid of me that easily.”
 
“Mitchie, I can't take it anymore! I thought you liked me,” Shane said. Mitchie stepped towards him. “But you like him, don't you? Mitchie, if you like him, just tell me! I won't care; I just want you to tell me the truth, okay? I can't take staying up at night and wondering if I'm the one you think about. I'm tired of the headaches I get. I'm so confused.”
 
“I committed suicide, Mitchie. Because of you. I loved you.”
 
Mitchie opened her eyes. “Nate!” she screamed. Nate turned around. Mitchie walked numbly towards him. She was slow, but at least she was walking.
 
“Nate, I, I don't want to hurt anymore. Nate, listen to me. I just don't want to cry anymore,” Mitchie whispered. Nate wrapped his arms around her.
 
“I know you don't, Mitchie. I don't either,” Nate responded, looking into her eyes. He smiled, causing her to smile. Then, he kissed her. Mitchie kissed him back. Shane smiled. He left from his place in the bushes and wiped a tear away.
 
I know you're meant for her, little bro. Just take care of her, he thought to himself.
 
 
 
Author's Note: I guess that's the end. I know, it's a short story. But that's just how I write. My stories are short. But check out the sequel, Give Me Your All.
 
THE END
 
-Babyv1156