Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Unstable Love ❯ Naked old ladies and Bad news ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I’m afraid of naked old ladies. And standing in front of me, is my naked grandmother. Talk about scary. “Can you pass me a towel.” my granny ask me


“Yes, but couldn’t you ask me for one before you called me. I think I’m gonna be scared for life.” my grandmother lives with us because she too scared to live by herself. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my granny but she tend to drive everyone in the house crazy.


“Oh I’m sorry baby, I forgot I was naked” she say, then chuckle. SHE FORGOT SHE WAS NAKED. Did she not feel the breeze going through the house. Its freaking cold in here.


“It’s okay. Here your towel.” I hand her on of the big, green, fluffy bath towels. She takes and begins to dry off. “So why you’d call for me. I know it wasn’t because you need a towel.” or a lest I hope it wasn’t.


“I got an phone call today” I want to say ‘oh great granny, don’t you get one everyday’ but I bite my tongue and just nod my head to tell her to go on. “It was from Nyles. He said he was visiting for the summer and that he was bring his oldest son with him. You remember him don’t you. Lloyd I believe the boy’s name was.” I nod my head yes but I don’t say anything. Of course I remember them. Especially Lloyd! How can I forget when he the one who tried to have his way with me. “Such a hansom young man. He’s only 2 year older then you, you know.”


“Actually he’s 2 and a half years older then me. Almost 3 years really.” I tell her. No body knows what Lloyd tried to do. I never said anything. Not because I was scared, just because I hated anything that has to do with the law. I figure has long has he stays away from me I’d be okay. That plus if he tried anything else I won’t hesitate to cut him. Trust me I’m a lot smarter then I seem.


My grandma just rolls her eyes and begin to pt on lotion now that she done drying off. “2 years, 3 years, who cares you to would be a cute couple.” my grandma was best friends with Nyles mom. My mom tells me stories of how she use to try and get her and Nyles together, because she thought they were a ‘cute couple’ too. Since that didn’t work out, I figure that my grandma trying to do the same thing to me and Lloyd. To bad it ain’t happen.


“Granny I don’t like Lloyd so stop trying to get us together. It wont work.” I tell her but dose she listen? NO. “Oh please Alex, I know you use to have a huge crush on him. I cant blame you. He’s cute.” I can not believe she just said that. Sure I had a crush on him but that was before he tried to RAPE me!


“Granny that was in the past. I don’t like him any more, even if he’s cute.” Cute? That doesn’t even begin to describe him. Lloyd is like sex on legs, and girls love it. Hell, so does he.


“I just tink you two need time to get to know each other better.” I just roll my eye and fall on her bed. Does this woman ever stop? “Just give him a chance, then you’ll see how perfect you two are for each other.” Nope, I guess not.


I sigh. “Can I go now.” I say has I sit up on her bed. She looks at me. “Or do you have some thing else to say.” she nods her head yes. Dear god, if you love me, please let it be good news.


“Nyles and Lloyd will be staying here until the can get the a little apartment to stay in.” my jaw dropped. And here I thought god loved me. If this was a joke, it sure and the hell wasn’t funny.


“What do mean their staying here.” I yelled out.


“They need a place to stay, so I offered them the two rooms in the basement.” I shook my head. Does she want me to kill Lloyd? Cause I’ll do it. I am crazy as hell, the woman should know that. She help raise me.


“The basement? Granny that where I practice my dances and it the only place I can go to, to get peace in this house. You cant take that away from me. Please don’t take that I way from me.” I begin to pout.


“It will only be for a little while. It wont kill.” I rolled my eyes. If only she knew. “Now get out of my room. I don’t want you to see me get dressed.” I give her a dead look. She’ll let me see her naked (my poor eyes), but wont let me see her dress. I tell you she’s lost her mind.


Mom.” I yell running down the stairs to the kitchen. “Granny just told me that...”


“Nyles and Lloyd are staying here, yes I know.” I just look at her. Not only did she just rudely interrupt me, but she also ruined my fun of telling her the bad new. You see, my mom and Nyles don't get a long. The last time they saw each other they got into a bad argument. That was a year ago, and they still aren’t talking. I figure since mom and Nyles didn’t get a long, I could use her to help change grannies mind on letting those two stay.


“So your gonna help make sure they don’t stay here...right.” I look at her pleadingly


“Nope” that it? NO! Has she gone crazy too? She cant stand Nyles. What is going on?

“What do you mean, nope. Come on mom.” I say cooking my head to the side. “Help a girl out.”


“Sorry boo, but no can do. Me and Nathan talk over the phone. I agreed to let him stay.” Damn long distance calling. Damn all the phone companies who allow long distance calling. “I even agreed to go and pick him and Lloyd up at the airport.” She said, and once again my jaw dropped.


“WHAT?” I almost screamed.


“You heard me, and lower you voice before I put my foot down your throat, so you wont talk at all.” I gulped. Knowing my mom, she would do it to.So in a much calmer and quieter voice I said, “sorry I didn’t mean to yell. So when are you going to pick them up?”


“In about 30 minutes, and your coming with me so go get dressed.” you have got to be kidding me. Their here already, and my mom is making me go with her to pick them. My own mother trying to kill me. And here I thought she loved me. Well I guess now I see who my real mommy is.


“But mom” she interruptus me again


“Go get your ass dressed. NOW.” then she turns around and leave the kitchen with out another word.


“Fine.” I say while I stick my tongue out at the air. I turn around walk up to my room so I can take a shower and get dressed. Why is this happening to me? I swear I’ve been a good girl...Okay, maybe I’ve been a little bad, but not bad enough for me to have to see Lloyd again.

30 minutes later...

“Alex come on its time to go.” my mom says. I put on my shoes then head out the door. I start walking down the stairs, Counting each one has I go down them. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.10,11, aww boo, no more stairs. Which mean I’m even closer to seeing Lloyd. “Alex if you don’t hurry up.” my mom yells at me.


“Okay, okay. I’m coming.” I open the car door and hope inside closing the door behind me. My mom pulls out of the drive way and I look out the window to see the trees pass me by. Each one that we pass is pulling me closer and closer to Lloyd. My mind begins to drift. I start to day dream. This is some thing I tend to do a lot. I my way to escape reality. To think of a place where I can do and be what ever I want.

Right now, I want to fly so I can be free with the birds. So I roll down my window to fell the air go blow throw my hair, and then I look up at the clear blue sky. That when I start to imagine that I’m flying. I loved every minute of it. I loved it so much that I almost forgot were my flight was headed. That was until the car stopped and awakened me from day dream. Stupid car.“Alex we’re here.” my mom say, turning her head so she can see me better.


“Yea I know. I can see that.” I say under my breath, trying hard not to roll my eyes. Silently praying to god she didn’t hear me. For only the lord know what my mom would to me if she had heard my smart remark. My mother is a strict woman, and not one to be tested, but being the person that I am, I tend to test my limits with her.


“Come on. Lets go.” she say while she pulls the handle to open the car door. I sigh. Why me, is all I can think about right now. Maybe I’m over reacting. I mean sure what Lloyd did was horrible, but that doesn’t me he’ll do it again. Right? Besides, I can always avoid him during his stay. My mom knocks on the window.


“Alex get out the damn car.”

I sigh once again and pull the handle out to open the door. I get out and shut the door behind me. I follow after my mom. We walk in silence. I think its because we’re both a little nerves about those two coming. I feel my heart beating hard against my chest. Each step I take is another step closer to him. Part of me say to run, but the pride in me say stay. Show him that I’m not scared of him or what he did. Damn pride is going to kill me one of these days.I try to breath to clam down my nerves, but it doesn’t work. The one good thing about the airport is all the security they have. Some mite say it’s a pain in the ass, but that pain in the ass is giving more time away from Lloyd.


Me and my mom are now sitting in the waiting room. I can feel the sticky sweat coming out of my hands. I wipe them against my light blue jeans. Even through the thick material I can feel the warmness coming from my hands. “God help me.” I breath out has a whisper. My mom looks at me. She doesn’t say anything. I not sure if she heard me or not. I don’t dare to ask her, or even look her in the eye. I just sit there and wait to see if she’ll say some thing.


“Alex” she say. I turn my head to look at her. “Are you okay? I know your not happy about them staying with us but that’s no reason to be acting like it’s the end of the world.” I stare at her. Should I tell her? Naw, she’d kill him. The last thing we need is for her to go to jail.

“I’m sorry mom. I ‘m just nerves I guess. I wanted to have a peaceful summer this year, and with them nothing is peaceful. Maybe I’m being too dramatic.” I said. It was true. I am nerves and I did want a peaceful summer this time. So I wasn’t really lying. “Can I go to the bathroom?” I ask her.

“Yeah, but make sure you take you cell phone with you. Just in case you get lost.”

“Okay.” I say trying really hard this time not to roll my eyes and say some thing smart. What am I? 5? I start walking towards the bathroom. Once there I walk strait to the sink. I turn on the cold water and put my two cupped hands underneath it. Hands full of water I splash it on my face. The cold water made it easier to breath. Once again I try to calm down.I look up at the mirror and stare at myself. I can do this is what I keep telling myself. I’m stronger then this. I take a deep breath and splash water on my face once again. “Scared of flying?” a woman ask me.


I just look at her and then I say, “something like that.” I shrugged my shoulder and turned my eyes back to the mirror.


“Flying isn’t that bad really.” she smiles at me then walks out the door. I take another deep breath, then walk out too.I can do this, I can do this. I keep telling myself. I can do th...ouch. I bumped into someone.


“I’m sorry.” oh dear god. I know that voice. I look up praying that its not him. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding in. Damn it. Why did I look up? “Long time no see Alex” out all the people to bump into, it just had to be him. It just hade to be Lloyd..