Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Unstable Love ❯ What's this? I think its Drama I see. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The ride to the restaurant was quiet. There wasn’t much to talk about. My mind was more focused on how to react around Kindra, and Lloyd.....who knows what he is thinking about. The car stops. We’re here. My heart beat starts to quicken.


“You okay?” Lloyd asks me. I look at him, but I don’t say a word. “Don’t tell me you’re about to have another break down on me.” This time I punch Lloyd in his right arm.


“I never had a break down and you know it.” Lloyd rolls his eyes at me.


“Sure you didn’t. Look everything will be fine, just act like you never found out.”


“Yeah that’s easy for you to say.” Lloyd gives me a look.


“You do it all the time Alex. Pretending is something you’re a pro at.” Before I can even ask him what he meant by that, he got out the car and headed inside the restaurant. I guess I should get out to. Pulling the handle to open my car door, I step out and let the clod breeze hit my face. I follow after Lloyd into the building. Together we find where Kindra and Michael are sitting.


“Hey guys.” I say.


“Lord it took you two for ever to get here. We almost though you weren’t going to come.” Kindra says giving us her million dollar pout.


“Oh grow up Kindra.” Lloyd tells her.


“You do know, that you didn’t have to bring the rat with you.” Lloyd says to Michael. I interrupt Lloyd before he can even get a word out.


“Would you two please get along? You would think you two were twelve years old, the way you bicker.


“He started it.” Kindra says pointing to Lloyd. I roll my eyes at her. No matter how old she gets, she’ll always act like a three year old.


“So, Michael and I are thinking about having our wedding a month after graduation. That way we will have two years to figure out if we really want to stay together for the rest of our lives.” Kindra rambles on.


“You do know that when you say it like that, it sounds more like a death sentence. I mean, I know I would kill myself before I spend the rest of my life with you.” Lloyd says. I try very hard not to laugh.


“Trust me you won’t be living much longer.” Kindra hisses at Lloyd.


“Ooo I’m so scared.”


“You should be.” Kindra says and then turns her attention towards me. “I don’t know how you put up with him.” I give her a weak smile.


“You okay Alex? You haven’t been talk much.” Michael asks.


“Yea I’m fine.” I say.


“Kindra told me about Ray.” The room goes quiet at what Michael just said. I feel my heart beat quicken. “She told me about what happened at the movie theater today.” Oh that’s what he’s was talking about. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath in relief.


“Yeah, things got a little out of hand, that’s all.” I tell him, but he still stares at me in concern. At this point I don’t know what to do. For a moment I was starting to forget about the whole Ray thing. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to confront Kindra about the scandal or if I should just let be. I know I really want to hear what she has to say about it, but what if it ruins our friendship?


“You know we had to save poor little Alex from that monster Ray.” Kindra says.


“He’s not a monster, and you guys didn’t have to save me, I could have handled it by myself.”


“What are you talking about? Of course we had to save you. Ray is bad news. How many times do I have to tell you? I can’t let you make the biggest mistake of your life, what kind of friend would I be. You should thank me for helping you out.” I roll my eyes at what Kindra just said. Sometimes that girl can go on and on.


“You sound like you’ve learned from personal experience.” I didn’t mean to say that. It just popped out. I tend to do that a lot. Right now Kindra and Lloyd are staring wide eye at me. They can’t believe I just said that. You can tell I’ve made them uneasy.


“Ha ha, Alex, that wasn’t funny.” Kindra says.


“But I wasn’t joking.” Kindra open her mouth to say something but Lloyd hurries to change the subject.


“Who cares how Kindra knows. I don’t. I’m bored and I don’t see a waiter around, so I can’t order any food. Why don’t we just leave.”


“If you two would have come earlier, you could have gotten some food.” Michael says.


“Whatever, can we go?” Lloyd say annoyed.


“Are you two ready to go?” Michael asks me and Kindra. We tell them yes and all of us start heading out side so we can go to the club.


As soon as Lloyd and I are alone in the car, he turns to glare at me. “What?” I ask.


“What the hell was that back there?”


“What was what?” I say confused about what he was talking about.


“Oh don’t play innocent with me Alex. I’m talking about that smartass comment you said to Kindra about how she knew about Ray being bad news.” Lloyd yells at me.


“Oh that. It just kinda slipped out.”


“Slipped out my ass.” He glares at me.


“You know what Lloyd, I don’t fucking need this right now. I said it slipped out and I mean it. Besides if I want to ask Kindra what happened, then that is what I’ll damn well do.” I yell back at him.


“Whatever, Alex, do what you want to do.”


“I will, thanks.” After that the car went quiet. I was upset and so was he. I don’t know what made me blow up like that, but I meant every word. I will ask Kindra about Ray if I want to, and there nothing he can do to stop me.


“I’m sorry.” I hear Lloyd whisper.


“Sorry about what?” my voice comes out sounding colder than I meant it to.


“I shouldn’t have attacked you like that. You have every right to tell Kindra you know about Ray.” he tells me.


“I’m glad you see it my way.” I turn and smile at him. He smiles back. We kept talking about little things until we get to the club. We park right next to Michael’s car and get out. Once again the club is packed. We find a table to sit at. Lloyd and Michael go to get us some drinks.


“This club is awesome, don’t you think?” Kindra ask me.


“Yeah, I love the music they play. The DJ is so good!” I tell her. The guys come back with our drinks. I take a sip of mine and turn to ask Lloyd if he wants to dance. He says yes and we head to the dance floor. The DJ is playing a slow jam, ‘Bed’ by J. Holiday. It’s not one of my favorite songs but it will do.

[Intro:]J. HolidayOo-oh, oo-oh(Ay-ay-ay, Ay, Ay-ay-ay, Ay, Ay-ay-ay, Ay)Put you to bed, bed, bedPut you to bed, bed, bed

“You know this reminds me of last night, only a different song.” Lloyd whispers in my ear.


“You’re an idiot.” I laugh at him. My arms are wrap around his neck. Right now we’re just swaying side to side.
[Verse One:]Girl, change into that Victoria Secret thing that I likeAlrightOKTonight you're having me your wayPerfumeSpray it therePut our love in the airNow put me right next to youFinna raise temp' in the roomFirst rub my back like you doRight there (uh huh) right there (uh)You touch me like you careNow stopAnd let me repay you for the week that you've been throughWorkin' that nine to five and stayin' cute like you doOh, oh, oh

By now we’re more into the song. Pressing our bodies closer together, we grind to the beat.
[Pre-Chorus:]I love it (I love it)You love it (you love it)Everytime (everytime)We touchin' (we touchin')I want it (I want it)You want it (you want it)I'll see you (see you)In the mornin' (in the mornin')
[Chorus:]Wanna put my fingers through your hairWrap me up in your legsAnd love you till your eyes roll backI'm tryna put you to bed, bed, bedI'ma put you to bed, bed, bedThen I'ma rock ya bodyTurn you overLove is war, I'm your soldierTouchin' you like it's our first timeI'ma put you to bed, bed, bedI'ma put you to bed, bed, bed

“I do love dancing with you.” Lloyd says.


“You love every woman who’ll let you touch them.” I say back.


“That’s not true and you know it.” I don’t say anything; I just turn in his arms and keep slow dancing.
[Verse Two:]I'm starin' at you while you're sleepIrreplaceable beautyPut my face up in your neck and breathe (Ooh, breathe)Take you into my sensesWake up it's time to finishRound two, round twoMatter of fact, it's closer to threeShe like, "How long I been sleep?"Shawty kisses turn into the sweetest dreamsLike give it to meAnd I can feel her tell me"My angel, this is wonderful"Thanks for letting me bless yaCome down, fly rightDrift back into heavenOh, oh, oh, oh[Pre-Chorus][Chorus]

“You know the only person I ever really cared about was you.” Lloyd says. I roll my eyes.


“You know that line won’t work on me. C’mon, you should know me better than that.” I tell him.


“Yea but it was worth a try.” he says.
[Bridge:]Watch the sunlight peak over the horizonOoh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-oohThe sun ain't the only thing that's shinin'Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-oohNow I'ma send you out into the world with my loveTell everybody, AyEverybodyAy, Ay-ay-ay, Ay, Ay-ay-ay, Ay, Ay-ay-ay, Ay

“Even if what I said was true.” he says.


“Lloyd, I…”


“I understand Alex.” And with that he gives me a peck on my cheek, and leaves.
[Chorus till fades out


I turn around and head back to the table. I see Michael sitting there by himself.

“Hey Michael, where Kindra?”


“She out there dancing someplace.”


“Oh why didn’t you go with her?”


“I’ve danced with Kindra the last two and a half years. I have no problem letting her dance with someone else.” We both laugh at what he said.


“Well since Kindra not here, why don’t you dance with me.”


“I would love that.” Michael gave me a big smile that I couldn’t help but smile back. I reach out to take his hand and lead us to the dance floor. The DJ is now playing ‘Freaky Gurl’ by Gucci Mane. Me and Michael are no where near as close as I would be with and other guy. We just kinda move our body to the beat. We stay on the dance floor for a long time. At least five songs have been on before we finally go back to the table. Kindra and Lloyd are still not there. We sit down and order more drinks.


“So how are you and Kindra?” I ask Michael.


“What do you mean?” he asks me.


“I mean how have you two been doing. I’m happy to see that after all these year, you’re still together.”


“Yea I know. I never thought we’d last this long. It’s been a long and hard journey though. Staying together is a lot harder then I thought it would be.”


“I know what you mean. But all relationships are hard.” I say.



“True. What about you and Lloyd?” he ask me.


“What about us.” I say taking a sip of my second drink.


“Oh come on Alex, I’ve been watching you two. You guys seem to grow closer and closer each day.”


“Yeah right. It seem like all we do is argue and fight.”


“That is love sweetheart.” I choke on my drink.


“What do you mean love. Me and Lloyd don’t love each other.” I say, trying hard to breath after almost choking to death.


“And that is called denial.” I glare at him when he says this.



“I guess It’s a good thing I’m not in denial.” Michael rolls his eyes at me.


“You know I love Kindra, right?” he asks me in a more serious tone.


“Yeah, I know.”


He takes a deep breath and lets it out.


“Its just sometimes, I don’t know.”


“Don’t know what?” I ask.



“I don’t know if she feels the same. I mean I know she loves me, but I don’t know if she in love with me. I’m starting to wonder if I’m even in love with her anymore.” I sit there quietly as I soak in what Michael just told me. I don’t know what I should say. “Then I get this feeling that the only reason she’s still with me is because she feels guilty.” my heart misses a beat. What did he mean by that?


“Guilt? Why would she have any guilt?” I ask.


“I don’t know. Maybe she did something bad behind my back, or maybe she feels guilty about not loving me anymore. Hell maybe it’s both.” What he just said some how brakes my heart. Why, you ask, because, it has to be hard to know that someone you love doesn’t love you back, but yet you stay by their side because you can’t help it. It also hurts me because I know the truth. And I myself have wondered if Kindra really loved Michael. I turn my head and look into the crowed.


My eyes get big. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. In the back of the club is Lloyd with some unknown chick. Now usually I wouldn’t care about Lloyd talking with some other girl, but they weren’t just talking. What I saw was a pair of bare legs wrapped around Lloyd’s hips, and Lloyd’s pants were down by his knees. If you don’t get the picture, then let me spell it out for you. Lloyd was FUCKING some chick in the back of the club!


I felt like I was about to throw up. Oh god why me? Why did I have to just see that?


“Alex, are you okay?” Michael asks me.


“Yea I’m fine. I just need to go to the bathroom.” Before he can say anything I leave. Still try to get a hold of my breathing, I start walking towards the bathroom. I hear some giggling once I get there. I look to see who it is and once again my eyes grow big. There groping each other was Ray and Kindra.


“Kindra!” I yell. She stops and turn towards me. Her eyes grow big, once she realizes it’s me. I turn around and start walking. That is it; I am leaving before I see anything else.


“Alex, Alex.” I hear Kindra call after me. She catches up with me. “Alex let me explain.”

“Go to hell Kindra.” I turn and keep walking.


“Please Alex, let me explain.” I stop walking. I look at her.


“Fine, I’m going to tell Michael to give Lloyd a ride home, your coming with me. We’re leaving right now so go get your things.” I start walking before she can even say something. I go to Michael and tell him some bogus lie so he won’t think anything bad happen and left with Kindra right besides me. Tonight we are going to have a long talk!

*~*~*~*

"So are you going to explain? Or what?" I ask.

"I don't know where to begin." Kindra says.

I take a deep breath. This girl was wasting my time, and I don't have the patience to deal with it right now. If Kindra doesn't start telling me the truth about what happened with Ray, I'm leaving.

"Why don't you start at the beginning." I tell her.

"Alex.." Kindra hesitates. I take another breath trying hard not to go off on her.

"Hear I'll help you a little bit. I know about your past with Ray. I know you two use to be together. I even know about you and Lloyd. I don't know why you didn't tell me." Kindra's eyes grow big when I say this.

"Alex..about Lloyd." Once again I interrupt her.

"You know what Kindra, I don't even care about you and Lloyd, just tell me why I saw you with Ray tonight."

She take a deep breath in and then lets it out. "Michael and me...we've been have some problems."

"Problems? Like what?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Its just not the same anymore. I don't know if Michael is the one I want to be with anymore. I mean I want to love him, I do, but its getting hard. I feel like he's given up on me, on us, and I'm tired of trying to hold our relationship together by myself. I just can't do it alone. I need help." She pauses for a minute. "Maybe it because we were so young when we fell in love. Maybe we weren't ready. I don't know." She pauses again, only this time it's longer. I know what she's thinking. It's the same thing every person thinks when they see the end of a good relationship. 'Where did everything go wrong.' I thought the same thing when Lloyd and I broke up.

"The day before summer break, I told Michael about Jayden." My eyes grow big this. Jayden...the boy who Kindra cheated with. She told him about Jayden. At this point I'm too stunned to say anything. "The night he arrived here, we got into a big argument. It was the first time we really ever talked about it, so things got kind of heated. We said some things we both didn't mean, but there was something he said that I just can't shake."

"What was it?" I ask.

"He told me, that he had found somebody. Someone who was making him happier then I ever had. He said he hadn't had sex with her yet, he hasn't even kissed her because a part of him still loves me. He told me, that a part of him knew that I didn't feel that way for him anymore. And that now he's starting to question his feelings for me." by now Kindra is in tears. "It was then that I knew that...That I've lost him, Alex. I'm still trying to hold onto him. I love him, Alex. I really do, I just don't know what I'm going to do. I messed up, I know that, but I don't want to be alone, Alex. I can't be alone." Kindra's sobbing now. A part of me feels sorry for her. She is just so weak right now. I mean Kindra was never a strong girl to begin with, but if you take Michael away, she's helpless. The other part of me feels like it's her fault. She brought this on herself. Now she must faced the consequences; then again, she isn't perfect. No one is. Why should we be punished for a mistake we deeply regret? Why can't we be more forgiving. I am honestly have no idead about what I should.

"I understand what you're going through Kindra, I do, but what I don't understand is, why go running to Ray? Why turn around and do the same thing that got you into this mess? Especially with Ray. Why Ray, Kindra?" I ask, trying to get a grip on what Kindra just told me.

"It's hard to explain. Ray was my first love. I loved him so much, that when he left me, my soul shattered. Even after every thing he put me through, I still loved him. A part of me is still in love with him. I just..I just don't know Alex. I think a part of me still wants to be with him."

I let out a breath of disbelieve. "You know Kindra, you always manage to ruin anything that's ever good in your life."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Kindra ask.

"Why would you go back to Ray when you have Michael? You cheated on him. He has every right to be mad at you. For gods sake Kindra he loved you, and all you did was hurt him in return. Instead running off and chasing your past, why don't you try and save your relationship with Michael?" The car goes quiet. Kindra knows what I said is true. I understand that Ray was her first love, and first loves are hard to forget, but she need to take her own advice and leave Ray alone.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Kindra voice comes out weak from all the crying she has been doing. I let out a deep breath.

"Do whatever makes you happy. Whether it's with Michael or Ray." And that was the last thing said. We didn't speak at all the rest of the way to her house. We just sat there in silence. Both thinking about our conversation. As soon as we get to her house we see Michael. He's already there. Kindra opens the door. I stop her from getting out of my car.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about you and Lloyd?" I ask the question that hs been on my mind for a while now.

"For a couple of reasons. One I didn't know how you would react. Two, Lloyd didn't want you to find out, seeing as he was your boyfriend at the time, and three, I was ashamed of it."

"Wait, Lloyd told me this happened before me and him went out." I told her. At first Kindra was looking shocked, like she didn't mean to say that. Then she regains her composer.

"I have to go."

"Kindra." I yell at her, but it's too late. She's already inside. I could go up to her door and knock on it until she let me in, but I'm too tired. Instead, I just drive home. When I arrive to my house it looks dark. Everyone must be asleep. I get out my car, lock my car door and head up the walkway. I turn the knob on the front door. It's unlocked, which is weird. Once I step inside my house, someone turns the light on.

"Its late. Where were you?" It's Lloyd. I let out a deep breath.

"God, Lloyd! Way to be overdramatic. You scared the hell out of me."

"Where were you?" he asks again.

"Out." I snap at him.

"Why'd you leave me?" I don't answer his question. I'm not in the mood for this right now. I start to walk away. Lloyd chases after me. I feel him grab my upper arm and turn me around.

"Why did you leave me, Alex?" Lloyd says a little louder, this time.

"Why the hell do you want to know?" I scream at him.

"Stop playing Alex and tell me why you and Kindra left me and Michael at the club."

"Because I didn't want to see you fucking some girl." I blurted out. Lloyd lets go of his hold on my arm.

"So you saw that?" he ask.

"Yeah, I saw it. Its funny how one minute you were telling me you how much you cared about me, then the next your off fucking some other chick."

"Alex, I'm sorry. What you saw didn't mean anything to me. I meant what I said before, its just. I'm a man Alex. Sex is something men need."

I let out a bitter laugh. "A man, huh. You're not a man. You are just a little boy who cant keep his dick in his pants. A real man on the other hand, knows how to control himself. And a real man wouldn't run away from his problem. He would confront them."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Lloyd yells.

"I talking about everything. I know you didn't tell me everything about you and Kindra. And we still haven't even talk about the time you almost raped me. Or about why you broke up with me. Those are the thing you've been running from Lloyd. Like the scared little boy you are." I turned away and headed up to my room. I didn't want to hear any thing he had to say.

"I'm sorry." I hear Lloyd whisper.

"You know, you're still the same; you almost had me fooled." I tell him.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you changed. I want you to be different. I need you to be. Too bad for me, so sad." and with that, I enter my room. Change my clothes, and try hard to fall asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I am so sorry it took me so long to update. I cant believe its been, one month and four days. Thats why I made this chapter a long one. I hope you all enjoyed it. This is were all the drama really begins. Hopefully the next update wont take as long. I've just been so busy, latly. With school and every, I just haven't had the time. I hope I didn't lose to many reader with such a long a waited update! Anyway, hope you loved it! ^_^