Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Unstable Love ❯ Nothing good, comes from the past ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"You do know you can't keep doing this to me." I hear my sister say. She's been complaining ever since we got in the car. It times like this, I wish murder wasn't a crime. "One of these days, your gonna know what it feels like to.." I turn my head to look at her.

"Tavion, shut the hell up! Nobody cares!" I yell at her. The car goes quiet. Finally, I got her to shut up. After everything that happened today, I don't have the patience to deal with her right now.


"We're here." I hear Lloyd say. I reach over to the car door handle, ready to get out of the car when I feel a hand on my arm. I turn to look at Lloyd. "I need to talk to you." he says. I just nod my head. My sister is already walking through the front door.

"So what do you need to talk about?" I ask. Of course I already knew what we needed to talk about. I just wanted to hear what he say.

"I need to tell you about what Ray said earlier."

Flashback

"Well, well, well, Kindra and Lloyd." I hear Ray chuckle. "Doesn't this bring back old memories?" He asks. I don't know about you, but I'm a little confused. What did Ray mean by that. I turn and look up at Lloyd. He looks down at me.

"I'll tell you later." He whispers. I nod my head okay. At least he's going to tell me. "If I were you Ray, I'd stay away from Alex. She'd never fall for you." Lloyd tells him. Ray just laughs.

"Oh but she fell for you, and you only learned from the best."

"Please. You are no where near the best Ray. Now I've already whooped your ass once, and I don't feel like doing it again. So stay away from Alex." Lloyd says.


"Before you say anything, is it going to be bad news or good news?" I ask. Hoping to god it isn't too bad.

"I don't know that depends on you, really." I close my eyes and think about what he just said. Whatever he was about to tell me, I could take. At least that's what I
keep telling myself.

"Fine, just tell me." Lloyd gives me a worried glance. He's hesitating, and the longer he waits to tell me, the more nervous I get. "Lloyd." I say. He sighs and breaks eye contact. He is looking straight ahead, out the window.

"Before me and you were together, even before I met Michael. Me and Kindra we..." he stops and sighs. God I wish he'd hurry up. I wait for him to continue, but he doesn't.

"Lloyd." I take a second to breath. "Please just tell me." I whisper.

"Me and Kindra we.." again he pauses. I am about ready to rip his hair out. If he doesn't come out with it already. As soon as I open my mouth to say something he starts talking again. "I wouldn't say we were together, because we weren't. It was more like friend with benefits. Nothing more nothing less. At least it was in the beginning." My heart starts racing, and my mind starts to replay what Lloyd just told me. He and Kindra they... they were, oh god help me. I squeeze my eyes close. Trying not to freak out, but I can't, its to late.

"You fucked KINDRA!" I yell. "You FUCKED my best friend, and you never told me." I started trying to catch my breath, but its getting harder to breathe. I'm frantic, and ready to go ballistic. I want out. I thought I could handle this, but I can't. I reach for the door handle again. Before I can pull on it Lloyd grabs me. "Let me go Lloyd. Just leave me alone." I yell while I begin to struggle in his grip. Like always, his hold is too strong and before I know it, he has pulled me into his lap. Holding me down with in his over powering hold, I begin to clam down. I try my hardest not to cry. I don't want him to see me that weak.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you." I hear him whisper in my hair. "I know it hurts and I'm so sorry, but please listen to me. You have to let me finish." I don't say anything. I don't think I could even if I wanted to. Lloyd sighs. "Yes me and Kindra fucked. A few times." I cringe as he says this. "Back then, Ray was her boyfriend and my best friend. It was the middle of our freshman year, when all the drama started.. Ray couldn't keep his hand to himself when it came to other women. He was always cheating on Kindra and she would always come crying to me. Every time she came to me, I would...." He pauses and looks at me. "I would take care of her. If you know what I mean." I gulped. Of course I knew what he meant. " I guess you can say I wanted Kindra so bad, I used her in her weak state of mind. When I look back on it, I never really cared about her. Not like that any way. She was my friend yes, but never my lover."

"So what? Ray found out about your little affair and went nuts?" I ask.

"Yes and no. Ray did find out, but instead of taking it out on me, he let his frustrations out on her." I gasp.

"He hit her?" I ask.

"No he didn't hit her. Not physically, but sometime mental damage can be worst then physical." I feel my heart pound at what he just said. Yes it is true, mental damage can be worst then physical. "He treated her like shit. He even slept with another girl right in front of her face, in her bed. He hardly ever called her, and when he did there was a bunch of females in the background. One day Kindra finally got fed up with all his bullshit, and she broke up with him. Ray wasn't to happy about that. He tried to kill her, but I managed to get there before he did kill her. I kicked his ass and took Kindra to the hospital."

"So that's it?" I ask.

"After Kindra was released, she kinda had feelings for me. She wanted us to be together, and for one minute I thought we could be." He says.

"So what happened?" I ask hoping he was going to tell me.

He sighs. "I was only 15. I couldn't give Kindra what she wanted."

"More like you didn't want to be what Kindra wanted." I say quietly.

"I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of, that includes hurting you. Once I told Kindra we couldn't be together, she said I was lying and that I was afraid to be with her. She started crying and I couldn't help but console her. I felt sorry for her. Ray was my best friend, and I was just like him. He was the one who taught me about the game and how to get girls. Back then I was just as bad, if not worse then Ray was. I told Kindra that, but she didn't believe me. We kept on dating, for awhile, before she found out I was messing around with other girls. Then she finally realized it wasn't going to work and broke up with me." Every thing goes quiet once he's done.

I don't know what to say. What is there to say? 'Hey I know you fuck my best friend, but at least you saved her from Ray.' and what about Ray? What I am I suppose to do if I see him again? I could run, but that would be kinda stupid seeing as it was Kindra he was after, not me. I know I sure as hell don't want him touching me after what I just heard. There's also Kindra herself to worry about. How am I going to act now that I know what she went through. Do I ask her about it? Why didn't she tell me in the first place? She's supposed to be my best friend and she can't even tell me, she use to be fuck bodies with my ex? Man all this thinking is giving me a headache.

"So what made you even go to the movies?" I ask.

"Kindra came to the house this morning, looking for you. I told her were you where, and she ask me to come with her."

"And you just agreed to go?"

"Well she started talking about how you might try to kill you sister, and I knew that I'd have to save her so yeah, I agreed to go with her." He says.

I raise an eyebrow. You have got to be kidding me. I start laughing. Yes, I know what your thinking. I just found out a bunch of crap about my best friend and my ex-boyfriend, I shouldn't be laughing. I should be pissed off. Trust me, I am very upset about the whole situation, but why cry over spilled milk. There so much I want to ask, but what for? It won't change anything.

I here something ringing, and notice that It's my cell phone. I flip it open to so I can see who it is. The name say Kindra. Oh god. I don't know if I can even talk to her. I take a deep breath and answer. "Hello." My voice comes out weak.

"Hey girl, it's me." I hear Kindra say.

"Oh hey girl. What're you doing?" So far so good. Just keep this up and you'll be okay. I tell myself.

"Nothing. Me and Michael were thinking about heading out to that club again tonight. Why don't you and Lloyd join us."

"Um sure. What time do you want to meet?" I ask

"Around 8 would be cool. I figure we can go get something to eat before we get there."

"Alright I'll call you when we're ready." I hang up my phone. "Kindra wants to go to that club tonight. We're going to meet her at 8 at some restaurant." I tell Lloyd.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" He ask me.

"I got to face her sometime. Better sooner then later, I guess." And with that I get out of the car and start walking towards the house. I need to get myself ready for this long night ahead of me.


What do I do? That is the million dollar question. It has been on my mind since I learned about the whole Lloyd and Kindra thing. I don't know if I should be hurt by what I just found out, or If I should be pissed. Right now, I think I'm a combination of the two.

Lloyd is in the shower right now. Yes, the same shower he always in. The one right next to my room. Of course there are other showers in the house but he insistst on use that one. I think he wants to have another one of our awkward encounters. It's a good thin that I've already token my shower, so there is no need to go into that bathroom. Right now I'm in the process of getting dressed.

I slip on a pair of light blue jeans; that hugs my curves nicely, then I start to put on my black corset, the kind that ties in the back. A little while after i have that on I hear a knock at my door. "Yes?" I say more as a question to see who it was.

"Its Lloyd. Open up." Lloyd? What does he want? I walk over to my door and answer it. And there he was stand sopping wet with nothing but a towel on, looking very delicious. God, this boy is just too much.

"What are you doing?" He asks. I just look at him. Is he really that stupid or is he just messing with me.

"I don't know. It looks like I'm in the middle of getting dressed, but then again, that's just a guess." I say sarcastically. He gives me that cocky grin.

"Do you need any help?" He asks. And before I can say anything, he steps inside my room only to step behind me and start tying the strings on my corset.

"What the hell Lloyd?! I could have done that on my own." I say, trying to keep my voice from shaking when his fingers make contact to my bare skin. God, I hate how I can't concentrate when he's touching me.

"Yeah I know, but it would have came out looking weird if you did it by yourself. Just calm down and let me help you." I don't say anything. I just stand there and let him finish. I keep my mind on trying not to shivering, when he's hands brush against my back. The lower he goes, the more my breath begins hitch. I wish he'd hurry up, but I know he won't. He taking his time, to enjoy the effect he has on me. It's time like this that make me want to hate him.

I wonder if Kindra felt this way about him. Does she still care for him? I mean I know they argue a lot, but could that just be a cover up? Can you really just stop having feeling for someone who was once a part of your heart? Then again, whose to say Kindra cared about Lloyd? Maybe she was just using him, because she lost Ray. But then why would Kindra have fought so hard to make Lloyd be with her? God my head is spinning. All this thinking is making me dizzy.

I bring my hands to my head and rub my temples. That's when I remember Lloyd still in my room. I don't feel his hand on me, so I know he's done whith my corset. Maybe he did leave. I turn around so I can see. Nope, he still there.

"You're done now." I say. He nods his head yes. "So then why are you still here?" I ask. He laughs.

"Does my being in here bother you?" I glare at him.

"When your standing here naked, yes it bothers me." I tell him.

"I'm not naked, I have a towel on." he says. I roll my eyes.

"Well excuse me! I didn't know a towel was a clothing item." I say dryly. Now its his turn to roll his eyes. He brings his hands to my face and caresses my cheek. Then he grins.

"You know you love seeing me with nothing but a towel on." He smiles at me again, then lowers his lips on mine. It was a sweet kiss. Nothing passionate about it. Just a sweet kiss that made my knees buckle. Why does he have to have this effect on me?

"You're an ass you know that." My head is now leaning on his shoulder. "You can't just keep kissing me for the hell of it." I tell him.

"Oh, is that true?" He asks. Instead of saying something, I left my head off his shoulder and walk over to my closet.

I hear him sigh before he begins to talk. "I don't know why you keep on fighting me. I told you, if you don't want to be with me I won't force you too."

"Then why do you keep on doing that to me? If your not forcing me to be with you then why you just kissed me?" I say, my voice rising with every word. "Please explain to me, because I'm pretty damn confused right now." I'm yelling now. Why do I keep on losing control of my emotions like this?

"Alex calm down." Was his only reply.

"Calm down. How am I suppose to calm down when I just found out my best friend fucked my ex-lover? Huh, tell me how am I suppose to deal with that?" I'm in a rage now. I feel my eyes begin to tear up. Damn it, not now. Not in front of him. I squeeze my eyes shut to keep the tears from falling. I'm trying so hard not to let everything affect me, but its hard. I know I might be overreacting, but damn it, it hurts so much. Why does it have to hurt this much?

"Damn it Alex! You told me you could handle this." Lloyd shouts at me.

"I can handle this." I yell back.

"Then why are you about to have a nervous break down?" I don't answer. I feel my legs weaken, so I drop down to the floor on my knees.

"I can handle this." I say more to myself then to Lloyd. My voice is soft now. I don't have the strength to yell anymore. "I can handle this, I just need time. It's...its just hard. But I promise you I can handle this. I know I can. I'm stronger then this." I open my eyes to look up at Lloyd. He walks over to me, and picks me up.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." He says to me.


"I know." I say as I break out of his hold. "But I need to. If I don't face her now, then I don't think I ever will."

"You're a drama queen, you know that?" Lloyd chuckles before he gives me a hug. I breath in his scent. He smells good. I wonder what kind of body soap he uses. "What happened was a long time ago. Its in the past and that's where it's going to stay." I know he's trying to reassure me, but its not working. I don't think you can just stop having feelings for someone.

"Don't you need to get dressed. It's 6:44. We have to meet Kindra and Michael at 8."

"It doesn't take me that long to get dressed." I roll my eyes. Yeah right. It takes him forever to get ready.

"Just hurry up." I say as I walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Where does it look like. Down stairs, duh." I walk out of my bedroom door with Lloyd behind me. Once I get to the kitchen, Lloyd goes down to the basement. I sigh. Today has been one hell of a day.

"So, do you always have to ruin my life?" I hear a voice that I wish I hadn't. "I mean honestly is it that hard to just let me grow up and have a boyfriend?" I turn I around to see my sister.

"It wouldn't be so hard if you were smart enough to know he's playing you." I tell her.

"You don't even know him." she says.

"Oh yeah, I don't do I. Hmm too bad. Besides how much do you even know about him?"

"I know all I need to know." She says trying to defend herself. I smirk.

"You see that right there tells me, how much you really know about him. God you really are stupid." I said rolling my eyes.

"Stop calling me that, and not like your to smart your self."

"And what that suppose to mean?" I ask curious about what she just said.

"I heard that little argument, you and Lloyd just had. Don't you think it kind of stupid how you let your ex have control over you." I glare at her. She trying to get back at me, but it won't work. Even if what she said is true.

"It also kind of stupid to kiss some little boy, when your not even with them. At least I know Lloyd cares about me. You don't even know if that boy likes you." I see her cringe at what I just said. She knows I'm right. Now I know what your thinking. Why would I tell my little sister something like that to hurt her feelings. And you're right, that is very wrong of me to do so. But you have to understand. I love my sister. Everything I do to her is to help her. I know, I know. What a weird, cruel way to show someone you care. Yes, that's true, but it's the only way I know how. I'm not exactly the type who knows how to deal with emotions.

"Whatever I'm leaving." She says.

"And where are you going?" She ignores my question and walks out the kitchen. I sigh again. That girl is becoming a handfull. I remember when she use to do what ever I said. Now she wants to question everything I say.

"You two need to stop." I my mom say. She walking in the kitchen with dirty dishes in her hand. "And you need to let her be. I'm her mother, and if I think she shouldn't be dating then I wouldn't have let her go out today. She getting older, Alex. If she wants to date then I'll let her."

"But mom-"

"No you need to listen. That is my child, not yours. Do you understand me?" I nod my head yes. "I will tell her who she can and cannot date. You just have to be there when she needs help and is to afraid to ask me for some. Okay."

"Okay." I know she right, but I still don't want TT dating. Boys make things complicated. I should know.

"Hey Miss M." I hear a masculine voice say.

"Hey Lloyd."

"Was I interrupting something?" He asks.

"No, you weren't. So Lloyd what do you have planned for tonight?" my mother said.

"Well me and Alex were going to meet up with some of her friends to go out to eat, then hit up this new club that just opened last night."

"Oh sounds like fun. Um Alex, TT is going to one of her friend house, and me and your grandma are staying the night over Suzette house."

"Why are you staying over her house."

"She wanted to have a sleep over." I raise my eyebrow. "Don't ask me. I tell you, I think my sister has gone crazy." I laugh at what my mother just said.

"Alright, well fun. And tell aunty Sue Sue, I say hi." I tell her.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too." and with that my mom left us alone.

"So you ready to go. Its already 7:55." Lloyd ask me. I take a deep breath.

"Yeah let's go." I give Lloyd one last glance before I head out the door. I hope I can handle this. I know I told Lloyd I could, but now I'm not so sure. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Once again I'm not to happy with this chapter, but it will do for now. I think this one could have been a little longer, but i want to start updating faster so my chapter mite start getting shorter. I know i promised this chapter would be better then the last one and i hope is was. But if you ask me, this one was kinda bad too. Next time for sure though, the chapter will be better. soon you will be finding out what happened with Lloyd and Alex two years ago when Lloyd tried to rape her. so that should be a good chapter. I hope! Thank you to all thoes who read my story and BIG thanks to thoes who review. (which is only 3! LOL) anyway thank for supporting me!

Love ya!