Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sequel to ‘The Forgotten Warrior' ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: This is the sequel to `The Forgotten Warrior', so here goes.

Disclaimer: Nothing here belongs to me!

################################################################ ########################

Time frame: This happens about four days after Talpa's defeat. I'm assuming that this entire `Talpa' thing happened during the summer break. The guys are going back to school in about one-week's time, so they are taking some time off to relax.

################################################################ ########################

Prologue

"CANNON BALL!" Kento yelled, as he jumped into the sparkling clear pool.

A `splash' was heard as he jumped right between Sage and Ryo.

"Hey!" Sage shouted at Kento, once he resurfaced.

Rowen sweatdropped.

Turning to Cye, he said, "Cye, we don't know them."

The brown-haired boy nodded in agreement.

The six teenagers were at a pool under a waterfall in the forest. Mia had found it by accident and informed them about it.

"Hey, where's Snowflake?" Cye asked, looking around.

"Amy said she needed to change." Rowen answered and he jumped in as well.

"Hey, Cye come in. the water's great!" Kento yelled at his best friend.

The said boy laughed at his antics and dived right in.

Meanwhile, Amy had ducked into some bushes and changed into her swimming suit. After changing, the girl tied a scarf around her waist as a skirt and stepped out of the bushes. Carefully scaling up a tree that oversaw the pool, she sat onto a thick brunch and looked down at the five Ronins frolicking in the water.

Finally deciding that she joined them, Amy stood up and dived neatly into the water.

The water was cool, as summer begun to give way to autumn. Swimming underwater, Amy resurfaced between Rowen and Cye, forming a circle with the other five.

"Amy, aren't you a little overdressed? Sage asked, once she came up.

Amy looked at him, "Why? I like it the way it is." She retorted. She was wearing a single piece of ice blue, with sky-blue ribbons trailing down middle.

"Well," Sage answered, "I'd like it a lot better if it was a two-piece." He grinned, causing Amy to turn into blush mode.

"I agree." Kento joined in. Raising a teasing brow at Cye, he continued, "I bet Cye will want it too."

"Kento!" Cye protested, turning red.

Rowen had to laugh, "Okay, you two, timeout."

Ryo nodded, "We're here to relax, not tease them."

By that time, the two highly embarrassed lovers had already ducked underwater and swum far away from the gang.

################################################################ ########################

"Remind me to kill those two." Amy muttered, despite herself.

"No kidding." Cye had to agree. Sometimes, being best friends with Kento could be a very bad idea.

"School starts in eight days, right?" Amy suddenly asked.

Cye nodded. "You've registered then?"

"Yeah." Amy answered. "Haga Junior High."

Cye turned to look at her, "Wait, isn't Haga Junior High the one beside our school?"

Amy nodded, "Uh huh." She muttered and sank in the depths of the water.

"Gah!" she let out a sudden gasp of pain, before relaxing her muscles a split second later.

Cye questioned hurriedly, "Snowflake, what's wrong?"

"Sore muscles." The girl answered.

Pulling her to him, Cye gently massaged her shoulders and worked slowly down her arms.

"Does this help?" he asked tenderly, over her ear.

All Amy did was let out a satisfied moan. "You are working a miracle, lover." She answered.

After that, Cye pulled Amy closer to him, so her back was pressed against his body.

"So, what happened the last two days?" he asked. "I haven't seen you at Mia's."

"I have only one word to describe the last two days: hectic." Amy sighed.

"What happened?" Cye asked again.

"Ro-onii-chan brought me back to see family. Dad's all right; he just gave me a hug and went back to his work. Typical of him anyway. I was almost drowned in Mum's tirade of home-coming letters." Amy winced at the last statement. "I have no idea how she managed to pay for all that."

"Ouch." Cye had to sympathize with her.

"Well, at least all isn't so bad." Amy said.

"How so?" Cye had to ask.

"Mum insisted that both Ro-onii-chan and I move out, since I'm back. For one, Dad needed his privacy to work. Two, Ro-onii-chan's tired with take-outs."

"You've found an apartment?" Cye asked, concerned.

Amy nodded," It wasn't easy, but, yeah, we've found one. It's pretty close to Dad, so it's easy for him to visit and vice versa."

" And bills?"

Amy answered, "Mum paid most of it, but Dad chipped in a little."

"Oh." Was all Cye could say.

################################################################ ########################

"Man, time flies." Sage commented.

"Why's that?" Ryo asked.

Rowen answered for Sage, "School starts in eight days, if I'm not wrong."

"Damn, school." Kento complained.

"Rowen's right, school starts in eight days." Cye said, as the pair returned to the group.

"Speaking of school, have you guys finished your summer homework?" Amy asked.

"Oh shit!" Kento exclaimed, and dashed out of the water.

Amy smirked, "Why am I not surprised."

Ryo stepped out of the water as well.

Looking at the four puzzled looks, he answered, "I still have some left."

"Sage?" Amy asked.

The blonde answered, "Mine's long done."

Amy snickered. "Most probably because my brother forced you to."

Sage `humphed' and ignored her.

Rowen had to laugh, "Come on, we'd better help those two." He said, coming out of the water.

Cye agreed, "Knowing Kento like I do, he's probably going to need a lot of help."

################################################################ ########################

Minutes later, back in Mia's mansion, Kento was panicking over his `dreaded mountain of homework', as he called it, causing everyone to sigh and sweatdrop.

Cye muttered, " I told you so."

Only Amy and Sage were close enough to hear his comment. Amy sniffled a giggle, while Sage let out a small smirk.

Ryo was already finishing the last of his research paper and concluding it.

################################################################ ########################

Once Ryo completed his assignment, he helped an irritated Rowen and a frustrated Sage with Kento's `overwhelming heap of summer homework'.

In the meantime, Cye and Amy were in the kitchen, preparing snacks for a break.

Popping the two baking trays in the oven, Cye stood up from his kneeling position, while Amy turned the heat dial.

"Well, this could take a while." Cye commented.

Amy nodded.

An aggravated shout of despair from Ryo alerted the couple.

Amy sweatdropped, "Ryo's fuse finally blew huh?" she asked, looking at Cye.

"Sounds like it." he agreed.

"For as long as I've known him, Kento's never been good with his studies." Cye sighed.

Amy looked sympathetically at him, "Tough."

Just then, Rowen poked his head in, "Hey, sis, we need your assistance."

Amy laughed, "Kento's giving the three of you trouble, ne?"

Rowen nodded and sighed, "Unfortunately."

"If he's anything like Serena or Mina, I think I can handle him." Amy answered, untying her apron.

################################################################ ########################

"Kento, you're worse than Mina!' Amy exclaimed, fifteen minutes later. The warrior of Hardrock was stuck on a very basic problem.

"What was that suppose to mean?" Kento looked at her, insulted.

"Well, at least Mina paid attention in class." Amy replied plainly.

"Are you implying that I don't pay attention in class?" Kento questioned her accusingly.

Amy smirked, "From what I see, yes." Causing the others to burst out laughing.

Rowen smirked, "She does have a point, though."

Sage nodded, snickering at Kento's hurt look, "The only class you do pay attention to is Home-make class." Causing everyone else to break out giggling.

Kento `humphed' and went back to his work.

################################################################ ########################

After what seemed like eternity, Kento managed to scarp through the `dreaded pile of summer homework'.

"Phew, finally." Kento breathed a sigh in relief.

"And about darn time too." Ryo complained. Amy and Cye had insisted that they waited for Kento to finish, before snacking on the baked cookies.

"I called first dibs!" Ryo announced loudly, as he scrambled for the cooled biscuits.

"Hold your horses, people!" Amy shouted, in the midst of the chaos.

Ryo grumbled, "Now what?"

"I think Kento's tortured enough dealing with homework. He gets the first cookie." Earning her a grateful look from the bulky boy and a glare form the warrior of Wildfire.

"Hey, no fair!" Ryo complained.

"You know, that's exactly what Rei said whenever we girls have our studying sessions." Amy smiled oh-so-innocently.

The guys looked confused at her reference.

Amy had to laugh, then she elaborated.

"Lita was our cook, so she always prepared snacks for us girls to munch on while we studied. Out of the five of us, Serena and Mina were the worst, in terms of schoolwork. The three of us, Rei, Lita and myself, had to coach them almost every time. Therefore, when they were finally done, Lita always gave those two the first bunch of cookies she baked, to thank them for their efforts. That caused Rei to protest." She finished, giggling at the memory.

The five boys nodded in understanding.

"Can we eat now?" Kento whined.

"Go ahead." Cye gave his consent.

Eventually, everyone dug in.

################################################################ ########################

"The way you handled the situation was marvelous." Cye complimented Amy, while they were washing up. After Kento took the first cookie, Amy had divided the rest evenly, so that everyone had their fair share.

"Thank you." Amy answered. "I had practice." She added.

Cye commented, "I don't think I get what you mean."

"That's what I did after Mina and Serena got their first cookies anyway." Amy answered.

Cye blinked, "Okay."

################################################################ ########################

SailorStar9: So how's that for the prologue for the sequel? Read and review please!