Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sequel to ‘The Forgotten Warrior' ❯ School re-opens and guess who’s back! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: This is Chapter 1.

Chapter 1: School re-opens and guess who's back!

Disclaimers: 5 words. I. DON'T. OWN. ANYTHING. PERIOD.

################################################################ ##############################

A sharp `RRRRRRRRIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!' and a `SMASH' was heard in the otherwise peaceful Hashiba apartment.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Amy winced at the sound of something breaking. Sighing, she went back to making breakfast.

Upstairs, Rowen had somehow miraculously woken up. Looking around at his new bedroom, he sweatdropped when he noticed the metal remains of his demolished alarm clock. Finally getting out of bed, he dragged himself into the bathroom.

Sliding the steaming pancakes on a plate and putting maple sauce on the pile, Amy cleared up her cooking and untied her apron.

"Ro-onii-chan, breakfast!" she hollered from the bottom of the stairs.

A muffled acknowledgement came from Rowen who was in the middle of brushing his teeth.

Amy shook her head and she went upstairs to get her book-bag.

Trotting down the stairs, a ruffled Rowen settled down for breakfast. Eyes widening at the spread his sister prepared, he dug in.

Minutes later, Amy came down the staircase, book-bag in hand. Ditching her bag on the sofa in the living room, she too sat down to eat.

"Man, imuoto what time do you wake up?" Rowen asked, in between bites.

Amy answered, swallowing, "Around five, plus minus five minutes. Sometimes, I wake up around four."

Rowen's eyes widened, "That's way too early!" he exclaimed.

"For you, it is, but not for me." Amy death-panned.

Rowen protested, "Hey, you know about my condition."

Amy nodded, "True." Then, she turned serious. "Why haven't you told the others?" she inquired.

Rowen's expression darkened, indicating that he did not want to talk. Amy remained silent and went back eating.

After breakfast, Rowen went back to his room to get changed, while Amy put the dishes into the dishwasher.

By the time he was prepared and went down, Amy was sitting on the sofa, reading.

"We're so much alike." Rowen commented, looking at her book title which read `The Impact WWII Has On Japan'.

"Reading or reading on history?" Amy asked, turning to him.

Rowen grinned, "Both, I guess."

Amy playfully threw a smack at him, which Rowen ducked easily.

"School imuoto." He reminded her.

Amy let out a bright smile at the mention of school and the two siblings went to the door to put on their shoes.

Then, Amy let out a gasp, "I forgot." And she dashed back into the apartment, leaving a puzzled Rowen looking at her back.

She returned with two bento boxes, nicely wrapped in cloth. Handing one to Rowen, Amy explained, " I made this before making breakfast. Nothing beats homemade lunch anyway."

"Thank god." Rowen heaved a sigh in relief, as he locked the door, "Cafeteria food's a hell to eat."

"No kidding." Amy agreed. "I had enough cafeteria lunches to last me ten lifetimes."

On the way to the train station, (A/N: Some web-sites tell me Rowen takes a train to school. I don't know, but then…) the Hashiba siblings each whipped out a book from nowhere and started reading while walking. How they managed to avoid hitting on objects is beyond the authoress's knowledge.

Once on the train, the Hashiba siblings picked two adjoining seats and continued reading.

"You know, if I didn't know you, I'll think you two are twins." Ryo's voice came beside the seated Rowen.

"Morning Ryo." Amy greeted him, her nose still in her book.

"Morning." Was Rowen simple greeting, his eyes still glued to his book.

Ryo sweatdropped.

When the train arrived at the Toyama Train Station, the trio alighted and headed for school, with Ryo in the front and the two Hashiba siblings at the back, their noses still stuck in their respective books.

Once the school compound of Haga High School, the three teenagers went under the huge sakura tree, where they had agreed to meet everyone before school started.

Sage was already under the tree, with his hands behind her head.

Looking at the trio, he blinked in surprise, "Rowen, you're actually early!?" he exclaimed.

Rowen groaned, while Ryo looked surprised. "Why is that, Sage?" he asked.

Sage answered, "We all know how Rowen likes to sleep, and he's always right on time for class. So, I'm actually surprised that he's early, for once."

"And I bet Amy's has something to do with this." Kento said, walking towards the four, Cye beside him.

Amy smirked, "Let's just say Ro-onii-chan had a very rude wake-up call, curtsey to me."

"She woke me up with five alarm clocks. My ears are still ringing, thank you." Rowen grumbled.

The other four looked at the distressed Rowen and burst out laughing.

"And you just had to go destroy one of them." Amy glared at him.

Rowen complained, "They're way too loud."

"Desperate situations calls for desperate measures." Amy answered flatly.

Kento wiped his tears off his eyes, "You two are comical."

The Hashiba siblings glared that the black-haired boy. "Kento." Rowen said lowly and dangerously.

"Err, yeah?" Kento asked, with an oh-so-innocent look on his face.

"LAY OFF!" the Hashiba siblings shouted in unison.

Kento raised his hands in mock surrender, "Okay, fine."

Amy took a look at her schedule and grimaced.

She muttered, "Whoever gave me this schedule should be shot."

"How come, Snowflake?" Cye asked, standing beside.

Handing him her schedule, she replied, "Having Phy. Ed in the first hour should be a illegal."

"But its on Wednesday." Cye argued.

Sage asked, "Then what do you suggest?"

"Ad. Physics." Amy answered.

"Smart choice, imuoto." Rowen smirked.

Amy returned his smirk right back while the rest groaned.

"The problem is, we only have Ad. Physics in high school." Ryo pointed out.

"Ryo," Amy looked at the Ronin leader, "I've completed Com. Science last semester." She informed him.

"Snowflake." Cye mumbled.

Amy looked up at him, "What?" she exclaimed.

Giving her a quick peck on the cheek, he said, "You and your studies, they should be a sin."

"Oi, we're here you know." Sage reminded, looking at the embracing couple.

"Sorry." Cye muttered, letting go of Amy, blushing.

Kento asked, looking at Rowen's bento box, "Hey, Rowen, you brought lunch?"

Rowen nodded.

Amy retorted, "Don't even think about it, Kento." She growled. "I've only made enough for onii-chan."

Sage sighed in relief. "Thank god, Rowen didn't cook that."

Amy smirked, "He won't be able to. I won't let him into the kitchen anyway."

Rowen looked hurt, "Don't you have any confidence in your brother's cooking skills?"

Amy shot him a glare, "Last time I did, you landed me in the hospital nursery for two weeks, thanks a lot." she remarked sarcastically.

Rowen's eyes widened as he remembered, "You're still dredging up that ancient history?"

"What did he do?" Cye asked her, his arm around her waist.

"Yeah, what did he do?" Sage asked, giving his best friend a meaningful look.

"My dearest brother here, gave his six-month-old baby sister, food poisoning." Amy replied flatly.

"Food poisoning!?" the four Ronins exclaimed.

Amy nodded, while Rowen blushed sheepishly.

"But for two whole weeks?" Ryo blinked in disbelief.

"Even to this day, I've no idea what he put in that milk bottle. I've sworn off his cooking ever since, though." Amy replied.

"Thank god." Kento muttered.

################################################################ ##############################

Meanwhile, four girls dressed in Haga High School's uniform looked at the blue-haired girl in anger.

"Honestly, who does she think she is? Standing so close to our Prince Mouri." Mateo Koto hissed.

Motoko Minagawa nodded, "I agree."

################################################################ ##############################

Glancing at his watch, Rowen gasped, "You'd better run, imuoto."

Amy's eyes widened when she looked down at her watch, "Oh no, I'm late!" she exclaimed and took off.

"Oi, imuoto, we are meeting up for lunch, right?" Rowen called after his sister.

Amy turned back, gave her brother a quick nod and rushed off.

################################################################ ##############################

"Imuoto? She's the bookworm's sister?" Minami Kinashita asked in disbelief.

"I never knew Hashiba had a sister." Mio Yamagoshi commented.

"Neither did we." Mateo Koto and Motoko Minagawa chorused.

################################################################ ##############################

Amy was panting for breath by the time she reached her Homeroom.

"Class - 3A." she thought. "Hope I'm not late."

"Amy Hashiba, I presume?" a female voice sounded from the back.

Amy turned, only to meet up with her Homeroom teacher.

"Yes." She answered.

"Come in, I'll introduce you." Miss Layla Mackenzie told her new student. Amy nodded and went in with her.

"Class, we have a new student joining us. Please welcome Amy Hashiba." Miss Mackenzie announced, writing her name on the board.

A student raised her hand.

"Yes, Nikko?" Miss Mackenzie asked.

"Is she related to Rowen Hashiba sempai?" the girl asked.

"Yes, Rowen's my older brother." Amy answered.

"I didn't know Hashiba sempai had a sister." A boy commented.

Amy winced at that comment. It was not comfortable for her to answer that.

Miss Mackenzie had somehow sensed Amy's discomfort, when she said, "Hashiba-san, you'll sit in the third last seat on the fourth row."

"Hai, Mackenzie sensei." Amy said softly, as she walked to her appointed seat.

Amy sighed in relief when Miss Mackenzie announced, "Class, let's begin."

################################################################ ##############################

After Homeroom, it was Maths, for two periods. Their teacher: Mr Terada. Looking at the amended registry, he looked at Amy in the eye and said, "I hope you're as good as your brother is."

Amy blushed and nodded.

When the assignments were handed out, Mr Terada was not surprised to find that Amy was among the very first to complete the mathematics assignments and with full marks too. What surprised him was that Amy had whipped out a book and started reading. Since she was not disturbing the class, Mr Terada allowed her to continue.

################################################################ ##############################

After Maths, it was Music with Miss Tsujutani. In the music room, Miss Tsujutani had requested Amy to play something on one of the instruments.

Amy nodded at the teacher and stood up. Walking towards the harp, she sat down and started playing.

"The Mercury No Tojou huh, Snowflake." Cye's teasing voice sounded to her via their mind-link.

"Har, har, very funny." Amy replied back, dryly. "Don't you have class?" and she cut off the connection.

After playing the `Mercury No Tojou', Amy snapped herself out of her trance she was in and stood up. Flickering her long fringe away from her face and ignoring the catcalls and applause she received, Amy went back to her seat. Her hair had remained its Celestial Mercury length, ever since she ascended to her Celestial form. She had kept it neatly back with an ice-blue clip.

Miss Tsujitani blinked in astonishment, that had to be one of the most beautiful pieces she had ever heard, and it described the harpist just right.

"Wow, that was great." Takasa, who was sitting in front of Amy, whispered to the girl.

Amy looked back at him, "Thanks, I think." She replied back.

"Hey, may I have your phone number?" he asked, eyes pleading.

At that, Amy glared at him, "Takasa-san, for the last time, I'm taken." She hissed and promptly ignored him for the rest of the class.

Yuki, one of Takasa's buddies, commented, once class was over, "She's a tough one."

"No kidding." Youko, the third member of `The Dreaded Trio' agreed.

Takasa gave the two babbling bakas a glare that shut them up. Looking at the back of the new girl, the boy muttered, "You'll be mine, Amy, I swear."

################################################################ ##############################

Amy was at her opened locker, removing her music materials and getting her Literature stuff.

"Hey, Amy-san, wait up!" Nikko cried out after younger Hashiba sibling.

Amy turned and looked at the bespectacled girl, "Yes, Nikko-san?"

"Man, you walk fast." Nikko commented, when she caught up with her, panting for breath.

"Gomen, Nikko-san." Amy apologized. "It's just that Takasa-san has been hitting on me ever since music class." She explained.

Nikko's eyes widened, "Takasa-san? The most wanted guy in the entire junior high school hit on you?" she exclaimed.

Amy nodded, "Apparently, he did not catch my obvious hints that I'm not interested."

"Whoa, you're not interested?" Nikko continued to press.

Amy nodded, "I'm dating someone." She answered matter-of-factly.

Nikko nodded in understanding. "But, you have to know something about Takasa-san, he never gives up on a girl, once he'd set his eyes on her. And one more thing, Takasa-san, has a fun club, and its members won't let you off so easily."

"Nikko-san, why are you telling me all this?" Amy suddenly asked.

The auburn-haired girl thought for a moment before answering, "A couple of reasons. For one, you're Hashiba sempai's younger sister. Two, since you're new, there's a couple of things you ought to look out for and three, you're different."

Amy blinked, "Okay." Before stepping onto the classroom.

"Huh, Miss Yanagisawa, I see you've been accompanying Miss Hashiba around." Miss Matsumoto said, when she saw the two late students enter.

Nikko nodded and blushed from the attention. Amy, on the other hand, just bowed politely to the teacher and went to her seat.

"Class, open your books to page 169." Miss Matsumoto announced, and the Literature class begun.

################################################################ ##############################

After Literature, Amy slipped out of class and went back to her locker to replace her Literature books. A tap on her shoulder caused her to turn around.

"Hey you." A snobbish redhead glared at the blue-haired genius.

Amy asked, oh-so-innocently, "And who might you be?"

Another girl behind the redhead, exclaimed, "What? You mean you don't know the most popular girl in school?"

Amy shook her head, "Actually, I don't, since I'm new." She answered.

"For your information, I'm Suki, Suki Akizuki." The other girl answered. "And this." She looked at the redhead, "is Recca Chiharu."

"And what do you want from little old me, Miss Chiharu?" Amy asked in a fake and sweet voice.

Jabbing Amy's chest with her forefinger, Recca warned, "You'd better stay away from Takasa-chan."

Amy raised her eyebrow by an inch, "And why should I? It isn't as if I'm interested in him."

"No matter, you just stay away from him." Recca warned again, before sashaying off.

Amy blinked, "Okay…" Grabbing her bento box, she slammed her locker shut and headed to the school gate.

"You're late, imuoto." Rowen commented, looking at her panting form.

"Got sidetracked." Amy explained.

Rowen questioned, going into `over-protective brother' mode, "By who?"

"Recca Chiharu and Suki Akizuki. Ring a bell?" Amy answered.

Kento frowned, "The bully from Junior High? Recca still hasn't given up."

"Hey, where's Cye?" Amy asked, looking around when she noticed that her boyfriend was nowhere in sight.

Sage answered, "Running away from his fun club apparently."

Amy cast a look at the blonde and the other fidgety three, "Is there something I ought to know?"

Kento sniggered, "Our dearest Torrent managed to attract quite a lot of female admirers in High School. Some of them are so obsessed with him that they actually formed a fan club."

Amy looked surprised, "I'd expect that from Sage, but from Cye?" she exclaimed.

Just then, Cye came up to the five, gasping for air and mumbled, "Having fan girls on your tail is definitely not my idea of working out."

The other five either let out an amused smirk at the poor Cye or sniffled a giggle at his predicament.

Amy, however, gave her lover a sympathetic look.

"Finally shook them off?" Kento asked his best friend, hiding a smirk.

Cye nodded miserably.

"I have a feeling I might have the same problem by next week." Amy muttered.

"And why is that?" Cye immediately looked at her, slight jealously in his voice.

"You aren't the only one turning heads." Amy told him.

"Nani?" both Cye and Rowen exclaimed.

Amy sweatdropped.

Kento's stomach begun to grumble.

Ryo had to smirk, "Someone's hungry." He commented, looking pointedly at Kento.

That cut off the temporarily standstill between the three. Sage sighed in relief.

################################################################ ##############################

Sitting down on the grassy slope under a sakura tree, Amy sank down on the soft ground and unwrapped her lunch.

Rowen looked at his sister's lunch and winkled his nose, "You do know having purely sandwiches isn't healthy for you."

Am gave him a glare back, "I've been eating these ever since I could remember. So, deal with it." she retorted.

Rowen mumbled, "Fine whatever." As he munched on a rice ball.

"Oi, Kento, hands off!" Sage exclaimed from his spot, beside Rowen.

"Rowen's right." Cye agreed, taking his place beside Amy.

Amy turned her glare at him, "One more comment…." She threatened.

Cye put up his hands in mock-surrender.

"Hey can we just eat already?" Kento whined.

################################################################ ##############################

"That was… eventful." Ryo commented, not knowing how else to put the previous situation in words.

Kento had to agree.

"The morale of this story: never ever tick off a girl." Sage said, gaining newfound respect for Rowen's sister.

Two of the girls from Cye's fan club had interrupted their somewhat peaceful lunchtime.

The five of them had rather different reactions to the unwanted intruders.

Sage had been indifferent, well heck, he had enough fan girls to last him for centuries.

Ryo and Kento had glared at them for disturbing the peace.

Cye had shuddered and ignored them as best as he could.

Rowen greeted them with a strained smile and went back to his lunch.

It was Amy's reaction that was unexpected.

The girl silently stood up from her sitting position, much to the puzzlement of her five companions, and stormed soundlessly towards the two girls.

It was as if her `Lady Elenaithil' personality had taken over, because less than five seconds later, the two girls had paled and took off hurriedly.

When she came back, Amy was met back five looks of astonishment.

"Amy, what did you do?" Sage asked.

The said girl smirked, "Just a little persuasion."

Cye quirked his brow at her, "A little?" he squeaked.

Rowen had to laugh, "I bet you didn't `persuade' them, you threatened."

Amy's smirk grew wider, "You know me too well, bro."

Everyone else groaned.

################################################################ ##############################

After lunch, the six walked back to school.

Then, Amy noticed a quick flash of ice blue as Rowen let out a gasp of pain and started clutching his head.

Frantically, Amy was by her brother's side, tending to him.

"It can't be." Amy thought, worriedly.

"Unfortunately, it is." Sailor Pluto's voice came into her head.

"It's way too early!" Amy protested.

"He will remember, bit by bit." Sailor Pluto told her. "Use the Safiastra, Mercury no hime."

Amy nodded mentally and willed the crystal out, changing into her hime form as she did.

"Princess Amelia." Kento gasped in awe at the Princess from Mercury.

"Mercury Planet Power!" Princess Amelia shouted, raising the gem in the air.

A bright flash of ice-blue light blinded the four Ronins as it bathed the two siblings in its light.

Moments later, the light faded as Rowen stirred from his memory jolt.

Grinning at his detransformed sister, he teased, "Long time no remember huh, sis?"

Amy had to roll her eyes, "For someone who just got his memory back, you shall are don't act like it."

"Err, can someone please fill us in?" Sage asked.

"Two words, long story." Amy summarized.

Kento gave her a puzzled look.

Amy sighed. Cye stepped in to explain. "Look, all of us are related to the Silver Millennium."

"Nani?" came three exclaims.

The other three sweatdropped.

"You three will remember, just like I did." Rowen said, trying hard to pacify the three outraged Ronins.

"Whatever." The three huffed and walked off.

Amy's sweatdrop grew larger, "That went well, I think."

Rowen asked his sister, "Where's Firefly?"

Amy answered, shrugging, "Haven't found her yet, but from what Pluto told me, Uranus and Neptune are already awakened."

"Sekhmet and Dais are going to be so happy." Rowen commented

Cye then turned to glare at his girlfriend's brother, "Touma, why in the world didn't you tell us you were a prince?" he accused.

Rowen blinked at his glare.

"Shin, koi." Amy sighed, stepping in. "Touma-onii-chan had to keep it a secret."

Cye looked at his girl, "And why is that?"

"Do you honestly think our parents would let him join the army, willingly, I might add?" Amy stated matter-of-factly.

Cye blinked in understanding, "Oh."

"And besides," Amy grinned at her brother, "If his superiors knew he was a prince, they'd treat him differently."

"I hate you, imuoto." Rowen muttered.

"Gee, I love you too, onii-chan." Amy teased back.

Cye had to shake his head at the two bickering siblings. "One millennia later, you two still act the same." He commented.

"HEY!" came the protest from the Mercurian siblings.

"See what I mean?"

"You know you two are going to be late for class right?" Amy reminded them.

"OH SHIT!" came two sharp shouts from the two boys, as they dashed off back to school, leaving a highly amused Amy behind.

What she did not notice was a quick flash of light and someone very familiar was watching from the shadows.

################################################################ ##############################

Meanwhile, Lady Kayura was mediating when she felt a very familiar aura coming from Earth.

Focusing hard, the shakujo's rings chimed, and the Anubis's transformation orb reacted violently.

Lady Kayura gasped, "It can't be… but he's dead!"

################################################################ ##############################

SailorStar9: That was Chapter 1. Read and review!