Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A tale of hope ❯ Sierra meet's the troopers... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine…don't sue!

I don't like this one as much as the others, I don't think it turned out too well, so please excuse it. Oh and just to warn you, I sometimes tend to use Sierra as my outlet, and this takes place a few weeks after the second chapter...


"DAMMIT!!!!" Shouted Sierra as he backed away from the metal clad demons. They had been able to follow him much better then the police had, and had cornered him. Sierra looked around for some route of escape but found none, even he wasn't that agile. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the glowing black orb. Since the man had given it to him, he had figured out that it wasn't just your every day marble.
"I'm warning you bastards, you'd better not come any closer or else I'll make your lives a living hell" said Sierra as he backed up a few more feet, only to back up into a wall. The demons only took this as an advantage and walked closer.
"All right, don't say I didn't warn you!" shouted Sierra as he made a sudden hand movement. The orb flashed brightly, temporarily blinding any that looked at it. When the light died down Sierra was in a black and white armor. When he was a little kid he had taking a few boxing lessons, mainly because many of the kids picked on him for his weird hair. Sierra had been born with a rare disease that made people's hair age faster then normal. No one knew what caused it, but it defiantly attracted many people's glances.

A few of the demons that had been pursuing decided to attack, they rushed at Sierra who used his agility to dodge the attack. They turned around and ran back at him, he punched one in the face and jumped over the attack of the other.
"Come on! I thought it'd be harder then this!" joked Sierra with a grin.
"Don't think you've destroyed us yet trooper!" he heard a voice say. The demons parted and a bigger demon walked forth. He branded a kursuri-gama(not sure if that's how you spell it), in his hand. Sierra wasn't an expert in judging fighting skills, but he could tell this demon was much stronger then the others. An idea hit Sierra, one that would let him win this battle. He allowed himself a small smirk and he stepped back a little. He made the same hand movement as before.
"BUSSO ANYA!" he shouted into the air. A black light formed in the palm of his hands and he concentrated on the energy building around him. Japanese paper whirled around him and then flew up into the sky and broke into thousands of sakura petals. The petals fell onto his sub-armor and formed his full armor. When the transformation was complete, Sierra reached back and pulled out two Egyptian sickles with a smirk.
"You seemed so positive before, what happened? Loose your nerve?" Sierra teased as he sunk into a defensive position.
"Most certainly not trooper, for it will be I who wins this battle. You may have the yoroi, but you are not experienced enough to use it yet" Said the demon rushing at Sierra in an attack. The demon threw the Kursuri-gama back to build momentum then threw it forward (note: A Kusuri-gama is basically a chain with a scythe on one end and a three pointed ball on the other). Sierra used his agility to jump out of the way of the scythe and blocked the second hit made by the demon. 'He is strong…' Sierra thought as he struggled to keep the scythe from hurting him. They broke off and Sierra stepped back to form a quick strategy.
'This guy's too strong, I don't know if I can beat him or not' Sierra Thought as he judged the demon before him.
"Hey! You'd better stop picking on our friend!" Shouted a voice. The Demon and Sierra both looked up to see five teenagers standing on a roof of the building. They jumped down and landed in between the demon and Sierra. Sierra blinked a bit, a little confused as who these people were.
"So the Samurai Troopers have come? I was wondering when you would show up to protect this pathetic boy" said The demon, although they could not see it, they knew he had an evil smile on his face.
"We will not be defeated so easily" Said Shuu as he smiled under his helmet, Shuu was always one for battles.
"We will see," said The Demon as he initiated the battle. Sierra stepped back some to give them space to battle. The battle didn't last too long when Ryo linked his Katana's together and jumped into the sky.
"SOU EN ZAAANNN (Double Flame Cut)!" He shouted as he focused on his element to create a vertical beam of fire, and sent it down at the demons below. They were destroyed in the blow, and Ryo landed safely on the ground.
"Not bad Ryo!" said Touma with a smile.
"They weren't as hard as I thought they'd be," said Shuu.
"Um…who are you people?" they heard a soft voice ask. They turned around to see a some-what short teenager giving them a cursory glance.
"We are the Samurai Troopers," said Seiji simply.
"I'm Ryo and these are my friends: Seiji, Touma, Shuu, and Shin. What is your name?" asked Ryo.
"…Sierra." He said carefully, not fully trusting these strange people. (Note, I know they speak a different language but the armors have many traits to them, including translation ^_^ )
"Nice to meet you! Welcome to the team!" said Shuu with a smile. Sierra knew from watching the battle, he had no chance of winning if these people were his enemies, but he still kept his guard up. As to make their point across their armor glowed and disappeared leaving them in their street clothes. Somewhat feeling better, now that they had removed the armor and were in his territory he removed his as well.
"Listen, I'd get out of here if I was you." He said with a frown. He pocketed the orb and walked past the group of teenagers.
"Hey wait!" he heard one of them call out. In a minute they had caught up with him.
"What do you want?!" Sierra asked giving them a glare in warning.
"We need your help" said Shin.
"For what?" asked Sierra.
"We were sent here to find you so you could help us defeat Behemoth." Explained Touma. "We were told we'd recognize you when we saw you, and I'm sure you're the one" Touma added with a smirk when he saw the weird gray spots in the teen's hair. Sierra followed his glance and shrugged. Sierra then thought of something.
"Were you perhaps sent by a weird man in robes?" asked Sierra curiously.
"So you met him too?" asked Shuu with an amused look on his face. Sierra frowned and looked at a building wall. 'He told me I'd get some help…' It had been a few weeks since he had first taken the job of finding the weird orb. Sierra sighed at his thoughts as he came to a decision.
"All right. Follow me" Sierra said as he began to walk.
"Isn't that a girls name?" asked Shuu suddenly. Sierra looked to see the stalky boy walking next to him.
"Generally speaking, yes. But my parents wanted to name me after the place I was born" said Sierra with a shrug. "They liked the mountains very much, I still don't see why they decided to move to the city…" he said as he drifted off.
"Oh I see, so where do you live now?" asked Shuu conversationally.
"Wherever I decide," said Sierra with a shrug. Shuu lifted an eyebrow at that.
"Do you and your parents move a lot?" asked Shuu. Sierra looked at Shuu and sighed.
"No. My parents died when I was very young," Sierra explained. Shuu stopped his series of questions and let Sierra be.
"My mom died when I was born," informed Ryo who had overheard the conversation. "My dad is in Africa taking pictures of wild life, so I hardly ever see him" Ryo added. Sierra cast his eyes to the ground in respect.
"Where are we going?" asked Seiji. Sierra looked at him.
"Actually, I haven't decided on that yet. I don't know if I want to take you to my friend's place because he can be a little…strange sometimes" Said Sierra.
"I smell food," said Shuu practically drooling. Shin rolled his eyes at that.
"Shuu, no matter what you do, you'll always be hungry," said Shin as he shook his head.
"I can't help it Shin! I'm a growing boy!" Protested Shuu.
"Yeah, growing fatter" Laughed Seiji.
"Come on guys! Stop picking on me!" Pouted Shuu. Sierra looked around and saw the familiar restaurant.
"Um…Can you stay here a minute?" asked Sierra. They nodded and Sierra walked into the restaurant. He looked around and finally saw who he was looking around.
"Sierra! I haven't seen you in ages! What brings you here so suddenly?" asked a slightly plump fellow.
"I need a favor Marco," said Sierra quietly, hoping his friend wouldn't overreact like he always did.
"Of course, what do you need?" asked Marco with a smile.
"Some people need a place to stay, would you mind if they stay here?" asked Sierra.
"Of course not! What would you think I would say no?" asked Marco with a big grin on his face.
"That's not what I was worrying about…" Sierra muttered under his breath.
"So where are they?" asked Marco as he looked around.
"Outside" said Sierra.
"Well bring them in!" said Marco. Sierra nodded and walked out of the restaurant. He let a heavy sigh out and mentioned the five teenagers inside.
"This is my friends restaurant, you can stay here." Said Sierra gesturing to the stairs not too far away. "Just be careful, he tends to be over generous," Sierra warned. He mentioned them to follow him and he led them to the back where Marco was currently cooking.
"Marco, these are the people I was talking about." Said Sierra gesturing to the teenagers.
"Well, they are more then welcome to stay here." Said Marco with a smile. Sierra nodded.
"Thank you, I'll be going now," said Sierra as he turned to head out.
"No you're not! You're skinnier then ever, you're not leaving here until you eat something" he heard Marco shout. Sierra groaned in response. Marco was a very good friend of his parents, and they had asked him to take care of Sierra if anything should happen to them. Marco took this job very seriously. This was why he wasn't too happy about leading the teenagers to this place. Sierra sighed and walked back to the kitchen and gave Marco an irritated look.
"You know very well you can't afford something like that right now," said Sierra as he crossed his arms in agitation.
"And you know very well that I don't care if I loose the business to help you out" said Marco with a frown on his face.
"You've worked your whole life for this dream! I'm not about to let you loose everything you've worked so hard for! I'm fine, really!" Said Sierra.
"If you are so fine, then how come I see new stains on your shirt?" asked Marco as he crossed his arms. Sierra frowned, Marco knew him too well.
"Fine. But I can't stay too long" Said Sierra giving up.
"Aren't you at least going to give company to your friends?" asked Marco.
"They are not my friends. I just happened to bump into them, that's all," informed Sierra. Marco sighed, but smiled to himself.
"If you say so, I'd like it if you would help me tonight. A group of travelers is heading this way and I'll be swamped tonight," said Marco, with a smile. He knew very well Sierra would help him, Sierra felt like he had to do anything to help Marco keep the business. This was his little way of getting Sierra to stay a night or two.
"Of course! You only need to ask, I'd be more then happy to help," said Sierra. Sierra liked working in the restaurant more then the other place, but Marco always took advantage of this and forced Sierra to stay a few nights. Sierra didn't mind too much though, he was getting a little tired of worrying about the cops. "Well, I'll show them where they can stay" said Sierra as he led the five teenagers up the stairs.
"Who was that?" asked Seiji curiously.
"A friend of mine. He's been a friend of my family for a long time now, he'll treat you well. This is where you can stay, I know it's not much but it's better than nothing." Said Sierra as he opened the door. He watched them file into the room.
"I'll be up later with some food" Informed Sierra as he headed back down the stairs to help Marco…

"He seemed like he wanted to hide quite a lot from us" Said Shin when Sierra was out of hearing distance.
"I wouldn't press too much yet Shin, the important thing is that he's agreed to help us." Said Touma.
"They didn't seem all that tough, we'll be out of here in no time" said Shuu with a big smile.
"I wouldn't underestimate them," Said Ryo. "Remember the last time that happened? We were almost killed" Reminded Ryo.
"Well, at least THAT bunch was easy" said Shuu as he crossed his arms.
"Of course they were easy, whoever sent them is probably testing us" informed Seiji.
"It's only logical to send their strongest warriors first, I wonder why they sent the weakest ones…" said Touma with a thoughtful look.
"I'll be happy when this is finally all over, and I can return to my abnormal life" said Shin with a sigh.
"You know as well as the rest of us, that as long as we have our armor people are always going to want to attain it. And we can't destroy them, last time we did that it came back to haunt us" said Seiji with a sigh. The troopers flinched at this.
"I know, but I'm sick of fighting. I want it to be all over," said Shin with a sigh.
"I wonder when that kid's gonna get back here with some food…" Shuu muttered. Everyone rolled their eyes at that.
"Come on Shuu, cut the kid some credit. We're eating here for free, and he doesn't even know us very well" said Ryo.
"He doesn't seem like the type to do this sort of stuff so I'd be thankful if I was you" added Seiji.
"I Know!" Protested Shuu…