Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental girls ❯ Snow Storm in July ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Ronin Warriors but I do own their sister armor bearers.

KB- I know my first chapter sucked but I promise this one is better. Please R+R and enjoy.

Elemental Girls

Chapter one: Snow storm in July

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Sage gingerly walked down the crowded streets of Tokyo. It had been so crazy since Anubis had returned. But it didn't make since, how could someone be dead for three years then suddenly walk into the room like nothing had ever happened? Sage had always been one for logic but he couldn't make anything of this.

Sage opened his mind from thoughts to discover he had wandered on the bridge over looking the whirl pools were the armor of Torrent had been forged. (A.N. anyone know knows what these pools are called and can tell me would be greatly appreciated) He leaned on the rail and closed his eyes as he shank into though once again but this time it wasn't on Anubis but rather on the ice forming in the pit of his stomach.

It was the awful feeling that he always got right before another challenge presented itself to the Ronins. He knew something was coming but he couldn't tell if that something was good or bad. But that didn't calm his nerves. His whole mind was bent with worry; it was never a good thing when he couldn't tell if their next test would be evil or pure.

"Both most likely." Sage whipped his eyes open to see Kale leaning with his back on the rail staring at the traffic rushing beside them. Sage had never been overly trusting of Kale, that being a major understatement, so he was a bit guarded when asking his former enemy what he meant.

Kale sighed and turned to face the warrior of light, "I can sense it too. It doesn't feel quite right. No one can be on the good side and the bad one at the same time, unless they have split personalities. Meaning perhaps two things are coming, one good one evil." That made sense, new enemies and new allies at the same time. But, sage narrowed his eyes, it wouldn't be the first time Kale was wrong and either way, the bearer of Halo still didn't trust Talpa's most obedient warrior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"They're on to us!" Someone said in a beautiful sing-song voice. A deep voice answered her in a sinister tone, "And what, my dear, makes you believe such a thing?" One wouldn't have to see through the shadows to feel the smile on the woman's face. The smile that was accompanied by a cheerful giggle, "Well Akuni has bumbled on the females, they're *all* onto her. And the male twin bearers both sense we are coming, even if they don't yet understand the extent of it."

Two flames danced in the room, both black. Before one stood Akuni with a downcast expression on her face. Before the other stood a woman that looked almost exactly like her, her hair instead of a lava color was a deeper shade of crimson and her eyes glowed with a more sinister form of gold. Akuni glared at the other woman and growled in the back of her throat, "Akuichi!! How can you talk so poorly? I have yet to see you do anything but sit here." Akuichi merely laughed, "Dear little sister. I have stayed here because I was binding my time. I have a plan that will bring the armor bearers to their knees." She smirked, "All 18 of them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Snow, this early in the year? I know I'm not from America but I don't think that's normal."

Andreis blew gently on her coffee cup with her hazel eyes still closed in deep thought. She heard the tapping of fingernails on the restaurant table that the pair were sitting at and opened her eyes to stare into Selen's lavender ones. The spring seasonal sighed heavily before setting down her cup and folding her hands under her chin, "Yes, I hear that even here in New York they've never had snow like this in mid-July." Andreis tugged gently on the left sleeve of her navy blue sweater before letting her right hand play with the end of her knee length blue jean skirt. With her left she picked her coffee cup and sighed again before bringing it to her lips.

Selen absently twirled a strand of her waist length green hair around one finger. She stared out the window with a distant look that made it seem like she was looking through the flakes of silver instead of at them. Selen was a 20 year old Egyptian girl whom had traveled to America to assist the Ronins in concurring Talma. Her well tanned skin told that fact well. She wore a lavender sweater and a ankle length green dress that she prayed never to have to fight in. Over the sweater, landing about on her biceps were twin golden bracelets. An ankh shaped golden necklace landed between her breast and diamond shaped golden earrings dangled from her ears.

As both seasonals felt a shadow fall upon them they looked up to see the final Warlord that was old enough not to attend high school. Danni Jessup, 21 year old French American bearer of the Mystic armor. Danni could be considered beautiful, if you could get past the scowl on her face. Long wavy silver hair fell on either side of her face, two crystalline blue eyes glared at the bearers of the Demonique and Snakebite armors. Andreis calmly sipped her coffee, not even looking up at her fellow Warlord. Selen shifted uncomfortably under her companion's gaze before looking away.

Danni wore a hunter green boys wind breaker over a red turtle neck and worn black jeans with holes ripped through the knees. The bottoms of her jeans were soaking wet not to mention the seat. Most likely she had run all the way to the dinner, trip on a patch of ice and landed in a snow bank. That conclusion also explained the sour look on her face. The autumn seasonal glared at the two of them for ignoring her, "Oh come on. You had to have sensed it too."

Andreis sighed again, she seemed to be doing that so much these days, "Yes, we sense it. Kat, Sara, and Celia no doubt do as well." Selen shifted to make room for the new arrival to sit down, "Yes but what do you suppose it is?" Andreis set down her cup once more and stared out the window at the snow that seemed to be falling much faster, "I'm, not sure. It could be anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

The living room blared with the light of the TV as the man on the news adjusted his collar, sweat pouring down his normally calm face, "The entire world is undergoing a major heat wave. It is 70 degrees and rising in high latitude and elevation areas. Areas near the equator have been evacuated due to rising temperatures of 200 degrees and rising. All outdoor events have been canceled due to the rising…. " The light went out with a blink as Kento flipped the switch.

Anubis sighed as he toyed with the material of his tank top. Most of the household had taken to wearing just their pants, Mia and Kayura both adding a bikini top to that mix of course. Sekhmet frowned as he stared out the window at the steam radiating off the lake on Mia's property, Toyama was over 100 degrees.

The heat didn't really bother Ryo; it was the fact that it bothered his friends that was getting to him. The heat didn't power him; he just didn't really mind it. If a fight came right now he would be the only Ronin able to really fight. All water in the city was boiling and the ground was just about to hot to touch. The air was thick with heat waves, 90 degrees perhaps. And the clouds the evaporated water was creating miles above were as black as midnight blocking out any light that tried to break through. He was also really worried. Sage had left early that morning and about noon, when the heat had started rising, Kale had gone after him. Neither of the former rivals, well former was over doing it a bit, had returned yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Sage's point of view

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was amazed; I was sitting in a local dinner having lunch and a civil conversation with the warrior of darkness. Kale seemed to have completely felt the same thing I had, and now it seemed he had the same theory, "Halo, doesn't it seem as though all the heat has been pulled from another realm and put into this one?" I nodded vaguely, the exact same idea, "Hai, it does. I believe this is what we felt earlier ni?" He closed his eyes with a tired sigh, "Most likely."

It was by chance that I noticed the clock above the counter read 4:58. As nice as it was to have a civil conversation with Kale the others must be worried, that wasn't of course what I told him, "Kale don't you think we should tell the others of this?" He nodded distantly before bringing his eyes to meet mine, "Yes, we should consult Anubis and Kayura." With that the two of us paid and walked back out into the scorching weather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"It's freezing!!! I've never been so cold in my life!!"

"Oh stop your whining Becca!!" A heavily New York accented voice yelled at the first.

School had been let out early for over twenty feet of snow on the ground in most places. Although the road crew had been hard at work cleaning at the bus stop where the two girls stood there was still at least a 7 foot snow bank on either side of them.

Becca was an average size, maybe a bit taller than average, girl with medium length raven black hair and huge blue eyes. She wore a white sweater that had heartbreaker across the front in large, bold, red letters. Her blue jeans were a bit worn and had grass stains running up both sides of them but other than that they were in good condition.

Ro, otherwise known as Rosemarie Heathery, was a tall, lanky girl with short blue locks. She wore a navy blue boy's wind breaker with a bright yellow sweater peaking through it. Her jeans were in fairly good condition other than being thoroughly soaked. Like Danni she had most likely fallen into one of the massive snow banks.

"Rebecca!!! Rose!!!" The said Ronins turned when they heard a familiar voice calling their names. Slowly walking down the side walk were the twins Sara and Kat Davis. The Davis family owned a Kendo dojo on the outskirts of New York so both sisters were excellent swordsmen. Both were just a bit taller than Ro but that was about the only thing about them other than their backgrounds that was the same.

Sara was a beautiful girl with long blonde hair and pale violet eyes that had most of the males in the city begging to lick the dirt off her feet. Her current attire consisted of khaki dress pants and a hunter green sweater.

Kat on the other hand had medium length blue hair and darker blue eyes. She wore black jeans and a black jacket covering a red tee-shirt with picture of some punk music group printed on the front. She acted gothic but she was just a cocky Dracula-wannabe punk.

Both Davis sisters had a worried expression decorating their faces. Sara was the one to speak up, "First Ms. Akuni, and now this sudden snow storm. Both of us felt something very strange when this blizzard began, I figured we should tell you what we think it is." Kat nodded, "You see, it feels like…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"….all the heat from a different dimension is flowing into ours. You had to have felt it too." Anubis took a sharp intake of breath and let it out in a long sigh, "I have. I have also heard of this type of thing but I wasn't sure until you said that the two of you had felt it also." Kale narrowed his eyes slightly. He and Kale had gone alone to consult the two Ancient ones and the four of them were the only ones in the room. So far Sage and Kayura had remained quite and he didn't particularly like what his former leader had just left unfinished, "Well? Are you going to finish your sentence monk?"

Kayura stood with a thoughtful look on her young face, "I understand now. Someone's coming. These are the symptoms of world joining."

Kale and Sage exchanged confused looks before going back to their questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Remind me again sister how this plan of yours works. I see no point in it as it is now." Akuichi grinned at her sister's naivety, "Dear Akuni, do not worry about the intent of my plan. These are merely the effects of moving something from one dimension to another. It is something called world joining. Normally nothing this drastic happens. I've done this many times in the past and mad no one notice."

Akuni tilted her head to the side in confusion, "So why is it so bad now?" Akuichi chuckled, "Normally I only move one small object. But now I'm moving people," She smirked, "Nine of them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

KB- Well how was it? I know it's been along time.

Saceria- A really, really, really long time. I thought you had given up on this fic.

KB- Well

Soffia- Well what?

KB- I did.

Twins- ~anime style fall~

Saceria- Why didn't we see that coming

Soffia- Because normally when she gives up on a fic she gives up on it and never touches it again.

KB- hehe. Well tell me what you think and I'll try not to wait so long before updating again.