Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Flowers of Love ❯ Flowers of Love ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of YST nor da song…
Song: Moon World ( from the anime 'Night Walker: the midnight detective')
Sang by: Buck-Tick
Warnings: This is a dark fic… and it has it's yaoi flavor. Not over powering but just enough to taste. Song Fic revolves around Ryo and Shin mostly, but the others are involved… I guess. Hehe… j/k any way… This is more like the usual stuff I do. (yes, it's a warning.) Also, word to the warning… I happen to work on things at night. Hence very tired. If there's some spelling errors and grammar goofs… oops.

Flowers of Love
by: wingsofsakon

Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea
Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea

He stood upstairs leaning on the banister: looking down. The chaos and stress filled the room. Every thing had gone from bad to worse and was only going to get even darker. The colors of life were fading and everything was starting to resemble the night. That reflected the moon light off familiar surroundings. Only to make you feel like you were in another world.

The constant phrase that was so important echoed in the back of his soul. - There Must Be Five -

Things were not at all what he had ever thought would be… or end up as.

After a night of passion and love that was confessed. Sealed with a kiss of truth and trust… Ryo had left. Disappeared, gone and Nasutei was also missing. There fore… they were gone together. With only a note that said they'd be back and not to worry about them. After all… they were getting married. The night Shin had, had with him… must have meant nothing but a mere interlude of what might have been called… just a night of fun. Nothing more… nothing less.

To top that off, they had been gone now for a month and a half. To make things worse… now Seiji and Touma were going at it. The rumor was… Touma had a little fling with some chick in town. Some thing that supposed to have happened after they had made their vows to each other. Best bet… stay on the sidelines and clean up later. So, with one punch every thing came to a spinning halt. That seemed to stop time just for a moment to let us catch up. The house was now quiet.

Moonlight drifting on the waves
Moonlight in the perfume

Touma held his chin while sitting on the floor. Never minding the table that broke his fall. He looked up to Shin and back to Seiji. He was near tears or anger… at the moment Shin couldn't really tell. Shuu stood by the doorway. He had walked in during the middle of it all and didn't dare draw attention to himself.

"Seiji… " Touma said in shock.

Seiji said nothing and turned away. Only leaving which was answer enough at this time. Shuu went and helped the archer off the floor. When the blond had gone into Ryo's room and shut the door. Shin found his way down stairs.

"He won't listen to me." Touma said in his whisper. He looked up at Shin… "He knows I wouldn't do something like that."

"He may just need some time, Touma." Shuu answered gently as he could. While he started to pick up broken pieces of wood.

"Where did he hear such things?… I can't figure that out." Touma said as he rubbed his face and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Did any of you hear where?" Touma asked them as he sat down.

"I didn't even know there was a rumor going around." Shuu said as he stood up.

"How about you Shin?"

"I don't know." Shin said with out feeling. Not that he didn't mean it. It just slipped out like that.

"It was you wasn't it? You said some thing to him because Ryo left you." Touma said as he confronted him. Making Shuu stop.

"What? No, Touma I don't know. Really… "

"Then why are you acting so guilty?" He said with a scowl.

"I'm not, I just don't know." Shin said strait back.

"… You're lying. You did say some thing."

"Why would I do some thing like that, Touma? You're my friends."

"No, since Ryo left you been spending all day sleeping and moping about like it was the end of the world. You think I don't see the way you look at us when Seiji and I are together? I see, Shin. You're just angry because we were happy and together and you weren't."

"C'mon you two. Stop this. Shin wouldn't say any thing you kno… " Shuu said getting cut off.

"It's true I'm a bit envious and even jealous, but I'd never try to tear you two apart, but if you really need some one to blame."

"So, it was you." Touma interrupted slapping him.

Shin stood there… not moving his head back. Letting the sting subside.

"From now on, Shin. You are no one to me. You're just a ghost the appears once in a while around here." Touma said and left to his room.

I really know nothing of where he heard that. Take your anger out on me that's fine… but to slap me? At least hit me like I'm a man!

"Shin… " Shuu said snapping him out of the moment. "Shin, you know he's just upset, right?"

Upset indeed… you need some one to blame and that was fine, Touma. Accuse me and treat me lower than a dog… that is uncalled for.

"Shin?" Shuu insisted an answer.

"Yes, Shuu. I understand that."

"Then you know he didn't mean anything that he said right?"

Heat of the moment… of course everything is fine and forgivable. "Yeah… I know, but I need a walk. Do you mind finishing that up. I hate to leave, but… we don't need another argument on our hands if I stay while I'm still upset."

"No, problem. I'll see you later, Shin."

I'll swim alone in the dark ocean

Down by the lakeside. Shin walked through the trees and along the shore. The moistness from the night started to soak through his clothes, but was never felt.

Images of tanned skin and caressed muscles lined his mind. Sounds of the wind were intertwined with the sounds of that night. Soft lights from the moon being reflected of bed sheets. Sweat glistening like dew in the morning. That night… it seemed like they were the only ones alive and it was wonderful.

You gave me such a beautiful memory, Ryo. Although, that's just it. It's a memory and some thing that won't happen again. That I'll make sure of. That is if I get a chance. Why didn't you tell me?… Did that night mean nothing to you as it seems to be? I trusted you so much and I thought you really loved me. Why did you have to leave us? Why?… we are falling apart here and you don't even know it.

I, I… don't have the power to bring us back together the way we once were. Though I wish it so bad. Damn it's frustrating! Not even Shuu is happy right now. I can see it in his face that he's feeling it to. I know my absence doesn't help, but it can't be helped… I love you. Tell me what should I do? How can I bring us back together?

Seiji and Touma are falling apart… I think they've forgotten just how important they are to each other. Maybe if they do split up they'll see and get back again. Shuu… I know once you return he'll have his friend back. Remember?… you two were getting really close. You two did every thing together. Me… well, I'm happy when every one else is. Even if I can't have you for my own lover. I'd be happy as your friend. I'd fight for you… I'd even die for you. With all this and you… getting married. I don't feel good… I miss you, Ryo. Can you hear my thoughts?… Can you feel them?…

The only real comfort is this lake at night. It's as lonely as I am and it's comforting in a cold way, but I'll settle for that.

Shin stood on the dock and watched the water shuffle near the shores. Watched as the moon reflected the day. Watched as the wind carried away his thoughts and let tiredness slip in slowly.

Emerald green, sandy auburn, pale silk… left in the darkness back at home.

Moonlight drifting in the dark
Moonlight in the perfume

Ryo rolled over in bed. Facing the window and away from his bride. The moon light from the sky light up the room as if it were a neon sign by his bedside. He sat up in bed and ran his fingers through his raven hair. Frustration was starting to become a familiar friend and this mess was some thing that would take a miracle to get out of.

Images of tainted brown and pale skin glimmered through the thoughts he tried to push away. So, beautiful… so soft and gentle. It was so real I didn't believe it. Look at what I have done… I'm such a fool. I would make things different if I could. I'd turn your eyes my way once again and make sure I didn't leave them. It was all so true and you took me as I was. To run my fingers through your' tinged red brown hair. Would surely make me cry in shame of what I have done.

I'll run away alone in the dark sky if I can meet you

Shin I loved you too much and I couldn't stay your partner. You're so sweet and pure to me. That to be with you would only show you. That… I'm not good enough for you. Although, I know I wouldn't be able to take it if some one else held you as I have. To know that some one else would and could… see that same look of passion on your face. I'm sure it would drive me mad.

In my running away from you… I have entered another relationship. I know it wasn't the right thing to do, but it was the only way to ensure we would never touch again. Was I satisfied with that… as foolish as I'm… of course not.

Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea
Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea

It's so cruel to do that to you my love. I'm so sorry Shin, I hope some day you'll forgive me for doing it. My new wife… is great in her own way, but is a sorry substitute for your skin under my hands. The lasting days with be endless and empty; like the bed I share now. I need you so much and yet I know I can't have you. That night with you was an… accident. One that I will never forget and will always cherish.

My water angel took flight in the midst of the sea. I captured you but threw you back to let you lie and die from the stress of it all. When I return… I shall bring you flowers to show you I love you and that I always will. No one will ever taint our love. Why do you have to be so trusting? With the wave of the hand I would have drank it myself. We could have gone together. Damn you for always keeping cold water in the fridge! You made it too easy my love!

I'll swim alone in the deep darkness until I meet you

Shin stood on the dock trying not to cry. Every thing he held dear was fading away like the light from dusk. The colors that paint the sky slowly run together and fade to black. He wanted Ryo back now not later. The longing was some thing that always seemed to over power him and distort his being. It haunted him to no end. It always brought back the images he didn't want to see, because he knew they would tear him apart.

His attention was drawn to the house. When a light came on in Ryo's room. His heart skipped a beat as a smile almost hit his face. It was only Seiji… he and Touma must be in there. He dropped his head and sat on the dock. Letting the breeze brush his hair back as if trying to comfort him. His hand started to tingle and he made a few forms of a fist with it. Trying to make it go away by bringing blood to it.

Suddenly his body fell into a whirl of tiredness. Making him get up and start to the house, but fell to his knees when he lost the feeling in his feet. No, it's different this time… He thought in a panic. Before I was just so tired, now, now this has never happened before. It's so quick! Can I make it to the house?… How can I when I don't even feel below my knees? Ryo… where are you when I need you?

"Seiji! Touma, Shuu! Touma, Seiji! Shuu! Touma!… " Shin tried to yell with a hoarse voice dropping to his hands.

"Tou..ma… Shuu… " He slurred as he laid on the ground. Feeling the coolness on the side of his face. "Seij.i… "

Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea

Why… do I feel like this? I didn't know I was getting sick, I thought I just missed Ryo. How could I not notice that my body was shutting down? Ryo… please let there be some miracle that you come home… and see me here. Please let me feel your arms around me again, please. What's wrong with me?… Why is my body so heavy?… Why did you leave me?…

Moonlight drifting on the waves
Moonlight in the perfume


Ryo stood by the window looking out with a heavy heart that carried a burden. One that he knew he's forever carry from now on.

So what now my love? Will you be able to love me in the next life after this? Yes… I'm guilty of your misery. So, tell me if I'll ever be worthy of your heart. Tell me that that night meant nothing and stand coldly in the night. With no feeling behind those shinning eyes. Tell me that I'm nothing to you and I will never love again. Be cruel to me for my punishment, because if it was from any one else. It wouldn't mean a thing to me. I would do it again and again. I'll keep on doing it until we can meet on that plane of existence where we met before. Like the night we made love. Can I even wash my hands of this deed?

Would you ever forgive me? Would you take me back and wipe my hands clean with your love? Only you are capable of it. You are my angel from the deep abyss of darkness. I will bring you flowers when I return. When they wilt and die… they will be more brilliant to you where you are. You are more to me than I can ever say. In the next life… will you see past this face and see my heart? It's my hope you won't forget my soul and touch my face with those delicate fingertips. Greet me with a smile and thank me for what I have done.

Thank me for I have ridden you of the pain this world brings. That I saved you before your heart became cold and touch became tainted with lust and not love. Thank me because I cared so much for you to lose you by my own hands. Thank me… to keep your heart from straying to another lover that would have meant nothing. Would any one else love you this much?… Can I bare it?…

I will always… love you.

Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea
Red yellow sunflower, orange, navy blue hydrangea

Tears, flowers and empty years. Wars and battles, slightest of love.
Sanity and forgiveness… some thing missing in the mist. Never left: shadow of the heart in the house.

The newness of an old friend: folded clothes left on the floor.
Old comfort of company: no body there but his paper… never a crinkle.
A friend of confidence: a slight call of his name.
Delicate fingertips of love: brush slightly in the moonlight.

Missing and departed, but never forgotten or lost.
Acts of friendship and love: acknowledged but never uttered to another.
Fifth waiting for four… past present and future… always five.

Drifting on the waves

________________________________________________

finished…