Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Haze Chronicles ❯ Haze Chronicles 1: Intro to Haze ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The usual standard disclaimers apply. Ronins aren't mine, never were, and never will be (unfortunately). No harm, no foul. No money, either. This was my first attempt at Ronin fanfic, so try not to laugh too hard, kay?

Haze Chronicles 1: Intro to Haze

The minor rough-housing in the halls had turned ugly. At first, everyone had thought they were playing around, but when a nose was bloodied and an eye was blackened, well, they knew this was serious.

"Get the fuck off me, you--!"

"What, bitch?" The somewhat skinny, light brown haired boy was pinned beneath a leviathan of another boy. "That's right, squirm, you little faggot! I bet that feels good, don't it?"

"I said, get the fuck off me. I am NOT gay, you prick!"

"What the hell's goin' on here?" a heavyset, black-haired guy asked. "Oh, hell no!" He then jumped into the fray and gave a swift kick to the leviathan's jaw. He sprawled on the linoleum floor. "Hey, Cye, you okay man?"

Cye staggered to his feet. "Yeah, sure, Kento. But, uh, we'd better go," he said with a nod to his right. Kento looked and saw the principal on his way. They both sped out of the circle of people and hid.

They hadn't escaped ALL prying eyes.

*****

"You got into a fight at school? No way!" Yuli said, for what must have been the hundredth time.

"Yeah, yeah," Cye mumbled, holding an ice pack to his eye.

Ryo chuckled. "You know, I would have paid to see that. So, you clobbered him, right?"

Cye and Kento looked at each other. "Actually, Kento kind of came to my rescue."

"Who was it? Anyone I might know?"

"Naw. Just some punk-ass kid who thinks he's hot shit," Kento said. He looked down at his hands.

He knew the real reason. He managed to wheedle it out of Cye. This 'punk-ass kid' almost beat Cye because his 'affections' were turned down. He wasn't about to tell the guys that, though. That was Cye's business. Kento looked back and cocked his head towards the door. "ALL RIGHT! FOOD!"

Ryo and Cye looked at each other as Kento leapt over the coffee table and sprinted into the kitchen where Mia was unloading groceries.

"Do you know how he does that?" Ryo asked.

"Not a clue," Cye said with a chuckle.

*****

Sage was sitting in the middle of the clearing and Rowen was leaning up against a tall oak tree, reading. Rowen turned a page, then looked at his watch. "Hey, Sage. We better get going, if we're gonna make it back in time for dinner."

Sage cracked open his eyes and saw Rowen get up. He sighed. "All right. I don't think they'll mind if we're late, though."

"Yeah well, I mind not getting anything to eat. Kento'll probably eat it all."

The two walked off towards the house.

Something followed them back.

*****

The young woman strolled nonchalantly down the halls at Han'a High. She was a freelance reporter/photographer doing a documentary on high school life. She did, of course, have ulterior motives.

When the bell rang for second period to begin, she began to look for her prey. She spotted him halfway down the hall, moving very, very slowly. "Excuse me? Hi. I'm doing a documentary on high school, and I need a few volunteers for the story. You interested?"

"Me?"

She smiled. "Yeah, you. Got any friends?"

"Uh...yeah. Four of 'em."

"Great. What grade?"

"Seniors."

"Even better. Where are they? Nevermind, you lead me to their classes, and I'll explain what I want, okay? What's your name?" she asked, pulling out a mini-notebook and a pen.

"Uh... Kento. Kento Rei Faun."

She stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet ya', Kento. You can call me Haze. Not my real name, but it's what everyone else calls me."

Once Kento had gathered up Rowen, Cye, Sage, and Ryo, Haze led them down to the basement and into an old storeroom. She locked the door. Rowen looked up, alarmed. "Don't worry, it's only temporary. I s'pose you wanna know why I brought you down here. I AM doing a documentary, but not on school life. You see that black binder there? Take a look."

The five friends opened the book and looked on in shocked horror. "The first one, that's a man who calls himself Orion, after the mythological hunter. Except he hunts vampires. Oh yes, there are vampires. He rides an iron horse, Ore. I've got a couple of good pictures of him. Fighting random creatures and monsters. Not just vamps. Werewolves, black witches, mutants. You know."

They turned the pages and came to a man in a red trench coat. Haze snorted. "That's Ayden. He has been called demonic by some. Unjustly, of course. He's a... hmmm... witch, I guess. Caroli and her boyfriend, Valyn, are with him in that picture. Those three, along with help from a man known only as Chibi, defeated a sorcerer who almost opened up the gates to Hell."

Another few pages.

"Reylan, the silver dragon. The last of his kind. A nice guy, though. Very gentle. Except when he's pissed. Then... well, never mind that."

Then the Ronin Warriors came upon something they never expected.

Themselves.

Fighting Sekhmet.

Playing with White Blaze.

Fighting Kayura.

The Ancient.

"How... how did you get these?" Ryo asked quietly.

"Same way I got the others. I took a picture. You guys are hard to track down. I've been looking for you ever since you killed Talpa the second time."

"What do you want from us?" Sage said.

"You. Your lives, your stories, and I know it sounds cheesy, but your triumphs and tragedies."

"But you were THERE half the time!" Kento shouted.

"Exactly. I want the other half."

TO BE CONTINUED...

There you have it. Cye's story is next. I intend to rewrite the early lives of the ronins, complete with side comments from Haze.