Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ In The Shadow Of War ❯ Prediction Of Doom ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In The Shadow Of War
 
Chapter Three: Prediction Of Doom
By: Demon Priestess Saturn
 
Sage sprung up from the couch something was seriously wrong he had a major migraine. Sage put his hand to his head and tried to concentrate but he couldn't. It had never been this bad before but he found himself disoriented and he needed something fast. He looked around the room seeing that it was three in the morning he grumbled. He had only been asleep for two hours. He pushed himself off the couch and went into the kitchen. He clicked on the light and went over to the fridge. He stood their blinking for a moment in an attempt to try and get his mind working. He then opened the freezer and grabbed an ice pack. Walking out of the kitchen he laid back down on the couch and placed the ice pack on his head. While he was sitting there he realized the room was slightly lit. He knew the moon was out but the room was far too lit to be the moon. Then he was blinded when someone had turned on the light.
 
“Ouch. Who did that?” Sage said quietly and sat up keeping the ice pack on his head.
“It was me. Sorry.” Cye said as he fumbled around the coffee table.
“What's wrong?” Sage asked.
“The forest is on fire and I'm going to put it out before someone comes out here.” Cye said as he put his sub armor on.
“What? So that's why there was light in the room.” Sage commented.
“Yeah and the strange thing is it's a small fire.” Cye said going out the back door. Sage stood and went over to the window and watched as Cye called his powers and put out what in Cye's opinion was a small fire. Cye came back a few minutes later feeling better.
“Nice job.” Sage said as he laid back down on the couch.
“Thanks.” Cye said as he put his marble back on the table. “Are you okay?”
“No I just woke up before you came down. My heads killing me and I mean literally.” Sage muttered.
“Um…Sage…” Cye said in a worried tone.
“What…” Sage mumbled.
“Did you have a dream?” Cye looked at him. Sage took off the ice pack and looked at Cye.
“What kind of dream?” Sage asked.
“It was about Rowen.” Cye said uneasily. Sage sat up and looked at him.
“Did it involve a red lake and demons?” Sage replied seriously.
“No it was with Ryo… I had a dream they got into a fight… And Rowen sucked Ryo's armor up and I think killed him.” Cye replied. “I mean it can't be real because Rowen can't suck armor.”
“Cye.” Sage looked at him with fear in his eyes. “Is Ryo in his room?”
“I don't know.” Cye replied. “You think it was real?”
“Just go see if he's in his room.” Sage snapped a little.
“Okay I'll check.” Cye walked upstairs to check his friend's room. A few minutes Sage heard Cye's running footsteps from upstairs. “Sage!” Cye said from the top of the stairs. Sage forced himself up again and walked over to the end of the stairs.
“What is it?” Sage looked up at him.
“He's missing.” Cye replied.
“Shit… I should have told him… Dam it!” Sage cursed himself. “Get Kento up this is an emergency.”
“Okay.” Cye turned and went to his and Kento's room.
 
“Kento get up!” Cye tossed a pillow at his friend's head.
“What?” Kento said in a tired voice.
“Ryo's missing we have to find him.” Cye replied. “So get up!”
“What do you mean he's missing?” Kento sat up.
“He's no where in the house and Sage has a bad migraine.” Cye replied.
“Oh shit I hope nothing has happened to him.” Kento got up quickly. “You know when someone is missing and Sage has bad migraine that usually means only one thing… Trouble.”
“Yeah I realize that. That was obvious when I told Sage about my dream. An then the realization came to me that Sage had a headache.” Cye replied. The two boys quickly exited the room and came down the stairs. When they reached the bottom they found Sage on the floor with his hands on his head.
“Sage!” Kento knelt down by his friend. “Are our you okay?” Kento seemed a little paniced. Sages looked up tears were streaming from his eyes.
“You guys go find Ryo… Something isn't right.” Sage replied not being able to control the pain he was in.
“Yeah but are you okay?” Kento persisted.
“Ryo's in worse trouble then me. Go find him!” Sage seemed on edge. He really wanted them to go find Ryo and stop worrying about his problems. A pause passed between the boys and then Cye realized that Ryo was in more danger than Sage at the moment.
“Kento lets go look for Ryo.” Cye said breaking the silence.
“I think one of us should stay with Sage.” Kento replied.
“No!” Sage said quickly getting his attention. “Kento listen if Cye goes out there alone he might run into Rowen and then he will be in a lot of trouble. You have to go with him.”
“But what if Rowen goes after you?” Kento tried to argue.
“Don't argue with me. He thinks I'm dead. I'll be fine stop worrying about me. Your best bet is to look where that fire was I have a hunch that is where Ryo is.” Sage countered. Kento remained silent for a moment then replied.
“Okay…” Kento replied. He wasn't sure how Sage knew this but every time it happened Sage was usually right. “Come one Cye lets go.” Kento stood and helped Sage up.
“I'm going to lay back down on the couch.” Sage went over by the couch and laid back down. Kento and Cye nodded to each other and went out the door. Immediately Cye found himself leading the way till he got to the spot where he put out the fire. Then him and Kento split up. The area was small and not hard to search with just the two of them. Cye walked down one of the burned paths until he reached a clearing. Cye looked around and saw nothing suspicious until he looked across from him. Ryo was lying against a tree and was as white as a ghost.
 
“Ryo!” Cye screamed out getting Kento's attention. Cye ran to Ryo's side and checked for a pulse. Cye sighed in relief when he found a very weak pulse. “Kento get over here now!” Kento came running up a minute later with a worried expression on his face.
“Man he must have lost a lot of blood. We have to get him back to the house I can help him there.” Kento went to pick Ryo up and realized something was in his back. He moved Ryo a little and looked at Ryo's back. “Oh shit this is out of my league.”
“What's wrong?” Cye asked.
“It looks like Ryo has something jammed in his spine. If I try and remove that I might break his spine.” Kento replied.
“Well we have to do something.” Cye said in a frantic tone.
“The only thing I can think of is Sage healing it right after I do that but Sage doesn't have the strength to do that.” Kento replied not knowing what to do.
“We have to do something or he'll die. Which means we may not have a choice.” Cye replied. Kento looked sad for a moment and then carefully picked Ryo up. Kento got to his feet and started to run back to the house. Cye followed him but by the time they reached the house Ryo had gotten worst. Cye quickly opened the door and Kento came in with Ryo.
“Sage! We need the couch!” Kento yelled. When Kento noticed no moment from the blonde he called again. “Sage?” Cye walked over to the couch and looked at Sage.
“He's unconscious.” Cye replied.
“That does us no good. See if you can wake him up.” Kento said as he set Ryo carefully on the floor. Kento quickly ripped his shirt an applied pressure to Ryo's stomach wound. “Shit. I hope Sage can heal him because that's the only way he's going to live.”
“I'll go get some towels.” Cye said and left the room. A few minutes later he came back with the towels, the first aid kit, and a bowl of water. He quickly handed Kento the towels and then put the first aid kit and the bowl of water on the table. Cye took one of the washcloths and dipped it in the bowl of water.
“Come on Sage wake up.” Cye said as he slapped Sage a little and put a cold washcloth on his face. Sage twitched a little and Cye began to shake him a little. “Sage! Come on wake up. Sage please…”
“Wha…” Sage started to come to.
“Sage come on we need your help here.” Cye said shaking him a little more.
“Dam it he's lost a lot of blood.” Kento said to himself as he continued to try and stop the bleeding. Sage opened his eyes and became aware of his surroundings.
“What's going on?” Sage said and sat up.
“Sage I know that your tired but we really need those healing powers.” Kento replied.
“Oh my god.” Sage said and slid to the floor. He crawled over to Ryo and gasped at all the deep gashes in his friend's body. “What do I need to heal?”
“You're going to have to heal everything at once because almost all his wounds are fatal. Hold on I got to pull these damn things out.” Kento rolled Ryo onto his side and grabbed the end of the claws in his hand. Kento yanked his arm back a pulled out the claws. The he quickly grabbed a towel and put it under Ryo.
“What is that?” Cye asked.
“I don't know. Sage…” Kento looked at Sage.
“I got it…” Sage placed his hands over Ryo and squinted his eyes shut. A green light came from his hands and surrounded Ryo's whole body. A few minutes later the light disappeared from Sage's hands and went into Ryo. Sage's breathing was hard and his vision started to blur. A minute later Sage collapsed into Cye's arms.
“Poor thing.” Cye said as he held his friend and slowly began to calm down. Kento checked Ryo and then sighed in relief.
“Well Ryo's healed enough to where he will live and I think he'll be able to walk but is Sage okay?” Kento looked at Cye.
“His breathing is a little heavy and his pulse is bad. But I think he's okay. It's not unusual for that to happen to him when he uses that much power.” Cye replied. Kento stood and grabbed the first aid kit off the table. “What are you doing?”
“Patching up what's left and he defiantly needs blood. So I'm going to give him some of mine were the same blood type. I'm glad we keep this stuff around. It saves us the trouble of dealing with the hospital.” Kento replied as he began to set some stuff up.
“I don't think we're getting any sleep tonight.” Cye replied as he laid Sage in his lap.
“You catch some Z's Cye I'll be fine.” Kento smiled.
“Are you sure?” Cye said grabbing the blanket off the couch and covering Sage with it.
“Yeah it's cool I can take care of it from here.” Kento replied. A few minutes later Cye was asleep and Kento was just about ready to give Ryo some of his blood when he remembered they needed some blankets. Kento got up and walked over to the closet grabbing some more blankets he came back over and put one around Cye and Ryo. Kento then spent his time giving Ryo some of his blood and only stopped when he began to feel really tired. He had saved Ryo and really needed some sleep. Kento grabbed the last blanket that he had on the table and wrapped it around himself. He laid down on the floor and went to sleep.
 
It was eleven in the morning when Cye awoke from his spot on the floor. Sage was still sleeping in his lap and Kento was next to Ryo a few feet away. Cye smiled to himself and grabbed a pillow off the couch. He lifted Sage off him slowly and moved off to the side. He placed the pillow under Sage and got up to go into the kitchen. Sage sighed in his sleep and rolled over onto his side. Cye smiled and turned and went into the kitchen, it was a pretty day out the sun was up, the birds were singing, and it was quite warm out. Cye grabbed a handkerchief off the table and wrapped it around his head. Next he grabbed the apron hanging on the wall and put it on. He then decided to rummage around for something to cook for breakfast. He knew Kento would be up soon and possibly Sage and Ryo, so he wanted to be ready. He was still scared from last night but he assumed since everyone was breathing everything was going to be okay.
 
A few minutes went by while he was cooking the bacon when he heard a rustle of the brush outside. Cye looked over his shoulder and looked out the window, something black ran fast by the window suddenly causing Cye to jump. Cye wasn't one to run from things but judging by what happened to both Sage and Ryo he wasn't going to challenge it. Instead he went around the house and shut and locked all the windows and made sure that nothing unusual had gotten in the house. A few moments later he was back in the kitchen finishing his cooking, but something was still not right. He decided to check on the others, he peeked in the living room to see that all three of the guys were still on the floor sleeping. However when Cye went to go back into the kitchen he saw the black streak go across the hall. Cye jumped and almost panicked but he quickly recomposed himself and decided he was going to go investigate. He went into the hall and then into the doorway the thing had disappeared into. Nothing was in the room but he did hear something from the kitchen. Crossing over into the kitchen he was determined to get whatever it was. He entered the kitchen again and the thing ran under the table. Cye lifted the tablecloth and was going to hit it with the broom when he realized it was a big black lion. Cye sighed and narrowed his eyes.
 
“Get out of here.” Cye snapped at Kento's black cat. Kento's cat quickly retreated from the kitchen and went into the living room. Cye shook his head and went back to his cooking, hopefully there would be no more surprises.
 
Sage found himself standing at the edge of the red lake again. Trying as he might he couldn't get to Rowen without those shadows stopping him. He knew that some how if he got to Rowen and released him he would come back home. But Sage knew time was against him the ice around Rowen's ankles had now moved up to his mid thigh. Sage stood at the edge of the forest pondering what to do next then he spotted something unusual. It was a very beautiful woman walking on the red water in Rowen's direction. Her hair was as black as the night but Sage couldn't see her face or eyes very well. But from what he could tell her eyes were an ice blue or at least that was what the glowing color of her eyes were. Sage watched her as she went up to Rowen and played with his face and then his hair. Sage wondered who the woman was and whether or not Rowen knew her. But there was something about her that was strange. That's when Sage decided to get a closer look. Coming out of his hiding spot he went closer to the woman and hid behind a rock. He peeked over the rock to see the shadows making gestures as if talking to her. She would nod once in a while and then all of a sudden she got agitated.
 
“Halo is dead. How many times do I have to tell you that.” The woman snapped at the shadow demons. The shadow replied back with a gesture but nothing more. “What do you mean he keeps showing up here? Well I must admit Wildfire did say I made some mistakes but there is no way that boy could survive an arrow to the heart.” The shadow gestured some more and shrugged. “We need to get Torrent away from his friend he's up next.” She replied. The shadow gestured again with a slight growl. “Then get Hardrock if you can't get Torrent! Don't complain to me!” She yelled and was getting more irritated at the demons. She then turned to the side and was facing Sage's direction. She did have the ice blue eyes and then Sage noticed why she seemed so familiar. Her emotionless expression said it all it was the same look Rowen had given him when they were fighting one another.
 
“That must be Elveria.” Sage whispered. But then he felt a stare on his back he turned to see one of the shadow demons coming at him with its claw. Sage moved fast jumping over the rock and landing right in front of Elveria. Sage looked up at her and then at Rowen and he made a mad dash to try again and get Rowen. But Elveria reached out and grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground.
 
“Well you look familiar. How did you get into your friends mind? Could it be that you are still alive?” Elveria replied as coldly as ever. The shadows wanted to strike but Elveria held them off.
“Who are you? And why are you holding my friend captive?” Sage glared at her.
“Oh that's right I never told you. My name is Elveria and your friend is my prisoner.” She replied without any emotion in her eyes.
“But why? What did he do to you?” Sage yelled.
“Nothing I just need him for now.” She replied coldly.
“You're killing him!” Sage snapped.
“It doesn't matter you're all going to the same place.” Elveria stared at him trying to catch his eyes.
“SAGE! DON'T LOOK INTO HER EYES!” A familiar voice called out to him. Sage snapped out of her trance fast and looked past her. Rowen was awake and was looking at him.
“Rowen!” Sage said with a worried tone in his voice.
“Sage get out of here you can't let her get you!” Rowen yelled back. “You have to wake up!”
“Go ahead and run little boy it won't get you anywhere.” Elveria dared him to leave.
“Sage wake up! You can't stay here! She'll kill you!” Rowen replied with some fear in his voice. He knew Sage too well and knew that he wouldn't leave without him. Nonetheless Rowen had to get him out of there, he couldn't let Elveria kill him. “Sage please…” Rowen stared into his friend's eyes for a moment. Then to Rowen's surprise Sage leapt up into the air and jumped off the rock and flipped over the shadow demons. He landed on another rock and faced Rowen again. He was closer than he was before and appeared as if he were going to jump to his friend. Elveria followed his movements and knew exactly where he was going. She moved her hand signaling the shadows, they went as they where told but they didn't expect Sage to do what he did next, instead of going at Rowen as they thought Sage would do. Sage turned and jumped off the other rock straight at Elveria. Elveria smiled and moved her hand upward. Out of nowhere a shadow came up under Sage and struck him in the side. Sage screamed out and fell to the ground, quickly he looked up at Elveria and she smiled.
 
“Did you really think I didn't know your move? Whenever your friends mind recognizes the move I know exactly what you are going to do.” Elveria replied as coldly as ever. Then the same shadow that had jumped at him was in front of him and struck him in the chest. Sage screamed out again at the pain and fell to his side. Rowen screamed out again and was progressively getting angrier. Sage looked at Rowen seeing tears coming down his face and the same sad eyes he saw when he was almost killed by Elveria.
 
“Don't worry Rowen they can't kill me in your mind. I'll come back. I'm not giving up on you.” Sage said weakly but smiled. A little hint of hope came to Rowen's eyes and he smiled slightly. Then Sage felt himself slip into unconsciousness and he knew he was going to wake up. Sage moved uncomfortably on the floor sitting up his neck was hurting and he heard noise coming from the kitchen. He glanced around the room and saw that Kento and Ryo were still sleeping on the floor. He quickly assumed Cye was in the kitchen and slid over to Ryo's side. He checked his friend and realized that his heal job had worked but for some reason he was still as white as a ghost. As he checked Ryo some more he found that his temperature was low and that his pulse wasn't good at all. Sage grabbed his blanket and put it around his friend. He stood slowly and walked into the kitchen. As he entered he couldn't help but laugh at the Cinderella like handkerchief around Cye's head and the cooking apron around his waist. Cye looked up when he heard Sage giggle.
 
“What's the matter? Don't like my maids outfit?” Cye smiled but glared at the same time.
“No I like it its just funny that's all.” Sage replied but was unsuccessful at hiding his worried face.
“What's the matter?” Cye asked.
“I'm worried about Ryo. He's still as pale as a ghost and his temperature is low. On top of that his pulse is bad.” Sage replied giving his evaluation.
“I noticed that too but I don't know what to do. I don't want to wake Kento and I didn't want to wake you up.” Cye replied.
“It's okay I don't think he's in serious life threatening danger yet. But I'm concerned that it might go into that.” Sage said quietly.
“Yeah… Are you hungry? I made breakfast this morning.” Cye asked.
“Don't you ever stop working?” Sage looked at his friend.
“Nope.” Cye replied.
“Sure I'll have some. I'm really hungry.” Sage replied with a smile. Cye grinned and grabbed a plate he put a few bacon strips on it with eggs and a hash brown. He walked over and set the plate on the table in front of Sage.
“I'm getting the pancakes ready now so it will be a few before those are done.” Cye replied.
“Thanks Cye.” Sage smiled.
“Your welcome.”
“Do I smell food?” Kento walked into the kitchen. Cye was ready and handed Kento a plate of food. “You know I don't know how you do that Cye.” Kento smiled and sat down at the table.
“It's not hard I've had enough practice.” Cye replied and brought over the pancakes. Setting them on the table he took off the handkerchief on his head. “I have to go feed Shingo his breakfast. I'm already late by about four hours because I slept in.”
“Okay don't be gone long.” Kento replied causing Cye to roll his eyes.
“I'm not a baby Kento.” Cye replied.
“I know I was just kidding.” Kento smiled. Cye turned and was heading out the door when Kento called out to him again. “Thanks Cye!”
 
Cye smiled at Kento's comment and walked over to the fishing pond on the side of the house. He knew he hated eating fish but he knew there was no way he could talk Shingo out of easting his favorite food. Cye quickly fished a fish out and walked out to the beach he found Shingo and played a little with him and gave him his breakfast. Shingo splashed around happily in the water giving Cye his thanks in killer whale language and then dove under the water. Cye smiled again and got to his feet he was about to walk back to the house when something grabbed him from behind and pinned his right arm to his back. The touch of the person was as cold as metal and only when a hand clasped around Cye's mouth did he realize the person who had grabbed him was wearing a dark blue armor. Cye's eyes widened mostly out of fear as he realized it was Rowen.
 
“Well…Well Torrent its about time your alone. I was beginning to think I would never get this chance.” Rowen smiled evilly and looked at Cye sinisterly. Cye didn't know what to do next he was trapped he could not escape Rowen's grip and then the fear struck him, he may end up like Ryo or even worse. Dead…
 
End Chapter Three
 
I know… I know it's been too damn long. I apologize for making you all wait. I have been really busy. I finally got this chapter all worked out and hopefully you all will be pleased with that. Well tell me what you all think I did my best at editing this chap so I hope I didn't totally screw up. Anyways keep sending comments and enjoy.
 
~Priestess~