Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Prophecy of the Darkest Star ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Untitled (For Now at Least)
By: Life the Fay and Hellfire 13
 
Hi everyone! This is LTF with another story. Hellfire was the one that came up with this idea and I just had to be part of it! Let's see…it has our favorite guys in it and also original characters. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: We do not own the YST/RW characters whatsoever. They belong to Sunrise Bandai and whoever else owns them.
~**~
 
Seiji sat in the living room, sipping his freshly made tea, watching the early morning news. From inside the kitchen he could hear Nasuti singing along with the radio. In the mind link that he shared with the other Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, he could feel that Ryo and Shu remained asleep and Shin was jogging on the small path outside of the Yagyu estates. He knew Touma was also asleep since he had just left the archer in his bed only moments ago.
 
Shifting his gaze from the television, he stared down at the small handwritten letter that lay on the table. He had already read the fine penmanship that was familiar to him many times; however he didn't want to believe it. His family requested him to return within the next week. He was amazed that they had let him live at the mansion and graduate with the other Troopers but in his mind, it was still too soon to leave. In his mind, he would never be ready to leave the family that he had grown to love within the past years.
 
“You still haven't told him, have you Seiji?”
 
Seiji looked up cautiously, smiling to see his once rival but now dearest friend, Anubis. He stood near the television, dressed casually in a black button up shirt and a white t-shirt underneath it and dark blue jeans. Seiji sighed, looking back down at the letter. “You shouldn't startle me so early Anubis, I might just try to kill you by accident.”
 
“Oh please Blondie, you wouldn't do even dare to try,” Anubis chuckled, leaning over to grab the letter. He read the words slowly, analyzing the meaning of it. “Ah…so this is what is distressing you so. Do you not want to go back to Sendai?”
 
“I have no problem going back to live with my family. I just feel like it is not the time to return just yet…” Seiji stated, turning the television on mute. “Not only that, but Touma has been restless lately. He's trying to hide it but I can see through his bravado attitude. Something has him at the edge of his seat however he hasn't told anyone anything. I would be the only one he would tell…I just don't want to leave him here alone when he finally does want to talk.”
 
“Face it Blondie, you don't want to leave him period.” Anubis grinned, seeing violet eyes piercing his own dark colored eyes. “I'm sorry Seiji that you just don't want to admit the truth to yourself. I wish you would though. Denying love can destroy many things.”
 
Seiji sat in silence, assessing the older man's words of wisdom. “I don't want to deny it but I have no choice. To accept such feelings would only hurt my family and most importantly him. If I deny it still, it won't be so hard to leave his side and say goodbye.”
 
Anubis grumbled, deciding to drop the topic. Dealing with a stubborn blonde was nearly impossible. `He will learn one day Yami…I just hope it won't be too late when he does.'
 
Nasuti waltzed into the room, stopping to gaze questionably at the dark blue haired man. She was use to the Mashos appearing in her house out of thin air when she least expected it. “Anubis, it's nice to see you. Are you staying for breakfast?”
 
The man chuckled, bowing his head to greet the lady. “No need to set a place for me, Nasuti. I just came by to say goodbye to Blondie here since he is leaving today.”
 
“What?” Nasuti gasped, looking to Seiji for answers. Seiji didn't look back rather he stared intently at the carpeted floor. “Are you leaving today, Seiji?”
 
Seiji sighed, nodding his head. He shifted on the couch, to look out the window. “My family request*(requested) that I return to Sendai. I was going to leave sometime during the evening.”
 
“Will you need help packing?” she asked solemnly, faking a smile.
 
“No, most of my things are already packed,” he answered, closing his eyes. He couldn't bear to see Nasuti upset.
 
“Alright then, have you told the others that you are leaving today?” She stated, sitting next to the blonde. `I hope you at least told Touma.' “You know they are going to want to send you off their `right way.'”
 
Seiji smiled. Shu had told them all that they all couldn't leave the house without having their own little party. To the former armor of Kongo, his was the only `right way'. “No, I haven't told them just yet, and I don't need to be sent off with a vast party.”
 
Nasuti nodded. “I understand that but I still think you need to let them all know. That is the least you could do.”
 
“Alright, thank you Nasuti,” Seiji smiled, watching the woman leave the room. Anubis watched her leave before taking her place next to Seiji on the couch. Seiji changed the volume on the television to watch it again. The two remained silent for awhile, both thinking of their own thoughts.
 
“Anubis, can I ask you of one thing?” Seiji whispered. Violet eyes glanced over to see that he had already had the scared man's attention. “You told me after the battle with Arago that you would aid me in anything that I asked of you. You see you were in indebted to me for all the suffering you put on the Date clan. Will you watch over Touma for me while I am gone? I sense something is about to happen with him, but I won't be there when it does. If there is something that transpires, I want you to contact me as soon as possible. Can you do that for me?”
 
Anubis nodded, grabbing Seiji's hand. “You have my word.”
 
Seiji smiled sincerely. “Thank you Anubis,” he said gratefully, getting up from his seat. “Well it's time for Touma to wake up.”
 
Anubis grinned. “May the force be with you on that quest. If there's anything I know, it's that the Tenku clan has never been ones to be easy to wake up,” he joked, getting up as well. “It is time for me to return to the Nether Realm. It was good seeing you Blondie. Have fun in Sendai.”
 
 ~**~
 
Seiji opened the door to his and Touma's room surprised to see the archer's bed actually made. Looking over to his left, he saw the archer sitting on his bed, looking out of the window, a book open in his hand. The whole scene seemed majestic with the light reflecting of the blue haired man's glasses he wore and his hair gleaming with water droplets. Blinking a couple of times, trying to catch his breath, he sat on the bed next to Touma. “You're already up?”
 
Touma turned around to see the blonde, blushing prettily, smiling sheepishly. “Yeah…I decided to get up when you left the room. Thanks for leaving the blinds up on my side of the room. I just love waking up to the sun in my eyes.”
 
Seiji chuckled at the sarcasm, brushing one of Touma's wet bangs away from his face. “Alright, I know I was being a little devilish doing that, but one day you will see that waking up early is a wonderful thing to do.”
 
The blue haired man snorted. “That will be when I'm in my death bed and I can't distinguish night from day.”
 
Seiji smiled at the comment, remaining silent for the moment. Touma turned back to look out the window while Seiji smoothed out the blanket's wrinkles. The blonde looked up from with task, studying the other's exotic features carefully. He didn't want to miss on detail, feeling it would be one of the last times he would see his angel again.
 
“Seiji, is something wrong?”
 
Seiji smiled sadly, looking into midnight blue eyes. “You know me too well,” he stated, shifting on the bed to lie down on his back. “Well, today is my last day here. I'm returning to Sendai this evening.”
 
Touma moved his head to look at the blonde. He fought to remove any emotion that wanted to lie out in the open in front of the blonde. He couldn't however, hide the fact that he had dreaded this conversation and didn't want it come. It did though and now he was baffled. What was he to do now? What was he to say in front of the man that had become his best friend? He sighed; closing the book he had open and laid it on the nearest bookcase. “Oh…okay,” he muttered, amazed at how his voice remained calm although he could feel his very essence falling apart. “Make sure to tell Satsuki `hi' for me.”
 
Seiji nodded. “I will.”
 
Touma bite his lip, averting his eyes away from the violet eyes that pierced his soul. He was finding it hard to breath and his chest was hurting from the pain that he could fell infest his body. He clutched his chest, turning to move out of the room however he was stopped by the blonde.
 
“Touma are you alright? You look ill. Do you need to lie down? Touma…”Seiji asked, concern leaking though his soft spoken voice.
 
“I'm fine. I just need some fresh air,” Touma replied fast, rushing out of the room and out of the house.
 
He ran through the woods, not stopping until he stood on the edge of the deck by the pond. From exhaustion and heartbreak, he crumbled to his knees. `Well, your dream isn't going to come true Hashiba. Maybe next time you should listen to your grandfather and stop daydreaming about what you want to happen…all you do is get hurt from it. Seiji is far from your reach but now that you think about it…he was never in my league.' Touma thought bitterly, looked over the water; the sudden urge to just jump in and drown was starting to sound like a brilliant plan.
 
“And if you do, I'll be the one to drag you out, chewing your ass about trying to commit suicide. You know you can't get yourself out of the water if your tried-you can't bloody swim you dimwit!” shouted the one and only-
 
“Shin, why can't you be like all the other guys and stay out of my head!” Touma yelled, hating that his personal thoughts could be invaded so easily.
 
Shin leaned on his knees behind the archer. “It's your own damn fault for thinking those thoughts in the first place. Secondly, it's so I can stop your idiotic plans from happening-like this one for example,” Shin muttered, sitting next to him. “Besides Touma, I don't always have to use the armors link to find out just what you are thinking. You wear your heart on your sleeve, Blue.”
 
Touma rolled his eyes. Blue was his nickname thanks to Shu. “Okay Fishy! So you came over here to stop me from killing myself and to make me talk about my innermost emotions I wear so vividly.
 
“If that's what you want then okay, luv.”
 
Touma growled. “Don't you already know since you can read me so easily?”
 
Shin nodded. “Well, yes I do but I want you to talk to me about it. It'll make you feel better.”
 
Snorting, the archer found a pebble on the dock, throwing it into the pond. “Fine- I just found out Seiji is leaving today. He's returning to Sendai…where he belongs. I wish he said something sooner, but it wouldn't make a difference. It would still hurt in the end…and I would still not tell him what's on my heart.”
 
Shin nodded his head, patting Touma's leg. “Cheer up, luv. It isn't the end of the world just yet,” he said comfortingly.
 
“I hate your optimism,” Touma glared. “It has nothing to do with the topic.”
 
“I know!” Shin smiled. He pulled the archer close to him, sobering a bit. “Honestly, I know you're hurting, but I already told you the best way to solve this problem and you didn't like my advice. Since it isn't the end of the world just yet, you still have time to tell him how you feel.”
 
Touma looked out at the pond, noticing the sun rising over it. “So this is what he sees every morning when he meditates,” he whispered, feeling Shin confirm his thoughts. “It's beautiful.”
 
Shin chuckled, kissing the archer's brow. “He's tried to tell you that countless time and you still didn't listen to him. Do you see a pattern to this?” He got up, pushing the dust off his pants. “I'm going back to the house if you want to come.”
 
Touma remained seated, staring ahead of him. “No, I wanna stay here just a little longer.”
 
Shin smiled, walking away, leaving the blue haired man with his own disturbing thoughts.
 
 
~**~
The afternoon had past and evening began to sit on the horizon. In a small garden, and older man worked in peace, planting young plants. It was a hobby for the elderly man. Finishing planting his last plant, he grumbled, rolling to his feet. “These old bones aren't as good as they use to be.”
 
“Is that so Sensei Mamoru? I thought immortals never felt the process of growing old.”
 
The older man, Mamoru, remained calm, rising to his feet, to meet the intruder. A young woman stood only a few feet away, looking no more the age of twenty. Her ebony colored hair blew lightly in the air around her shoulders in jagged layers, her golden cat-like eyes showed evidently with her coppery skin. She was dressed casually in a fitted t-shirt, slim fitting blue jeans and black sneakers.
 
Mamoru smirked, pulling his silvery blue hair from his eyes. “My Yumi, you have changed much since I have last seen you.”
 
“As have you Sensei. Now enough small talk and tell me where I can find Willow and Rowen.”
 
Mamoru chuckled. “I see you are still as impatient as ever. Both of them are dead. Willow died with her mother in a car accident when she was only five. Rowen died shortly after from pneumonia.”
 
“Bullshit Gramps! At the least, Rowen has to be alive. I know how the armors work-especially Tenku. You wouldn't be growing so old if there was an heir to the armor. Only Rowen could where it. Now where is he? Tell me dammit!” Yumi yelled. She stood next to the older man now.
 
The man chuckled, staring deep into the woman's cat-like eyes. “I already told you Yumi. Rowen is dead.”
 
Yumi's blood red lips moved into a cruel smile. “No matter, Mamoru,” she cooed, leaning in to whispered in the man's ear. Her smile grew larger, watching the man collapse to the ground. “Surely our Rowen-chan will return home when he hears of your death. Eh, Sensei?”
 
Mamoru clutched his chest, trying to fight the pain the seeped through his veins. He gasped for air, struggling to fight for breath. “You tell my ex son-in-law that no matter what, he will never  prevail over the Tenku clan.”
 
The woman glared viciously, kicking the man. “Silence you fool. I remember you once telling me not to lie. To send such a message to my master would be a lie,” she spat back, walking away from the scene. As she walked away, she slowly morphed into a cat and then disappeared.
 
“Sweet dreams Sensei,” She purred.
 
And slowly, Mamoru closed his eyes and breathed his last breath. An hour later, a student would find their Sensei dead and paramedics would pronounce him dead from a heart attack, never suspecting the cause of the man's death a murder.
 ~**~
 
 
At the same time Mamoru encountered Yumi, Nasuti took the Troopers out to eat, seeing that all of them would be leaving soon. They all sat together, eating, laughing, and discussing the past four years together and the future ahead of them.
 
“Oh! Remember when we duct taped Jun to the ceiling? That was so awesome!” Shu blurted out. “Your face was priceless Nasuti when you finally found him.”
 
“Yeah, that day I learned to not leave the five of you home alone babysitting when there is duct tape in the house,” Nasuti laughed. “I was so mad at all of you. The poor boy was scared to death of heights! And then trying to remove all that tape from his body…that boy looked like he was abused.”
 
Ryo smiled. “It was fun…however the punishment afterwards made it not worth it. I think I will never forget our monthly baths we gave to Byakuen.”
 
Shin grinned. “That damn tiger never got wet but here we all were drenched as could be with soap everywhere!”
 
Shin, Shu and Ryo laughed together, remembering the good times. Seiji and Touma sat next to each other, remaining silent. Touma remained oblivious to the table conversation, happily eating the food in front of him. He was on his third plate, trying to gorge down the stress he was getting from his reoccurring dreams and depression from Seiji's sudden leaving scenario. He knew it was a bad habit that started after the war with Arago, but he didn't care at this point and time.
 
“Damn Touma!  If you keep eating at that rate, you'll be chubby the next time we see you,” Shu commented jokingly however there was a hidden concern in the gesture.
 
Touma shrugged. “I'm growing boy Shu. Besides, I never tell you about your eating habits.”
 
Shu glared. Shin smiled uncertainly. Ryo stared, at the two, shrugging. “Well, Touma since you've remained quiet, I'll bother you,” he replied, leaning over the table. “I see you in the next couple of years with a Master's in some science major but having no job because you can't seem to get yourself out of the bookstores.”
 
Touma grinned. “You're just jealous, cuz you can't beat this perfection.”
 
Ryo chuckled. “Fine Blue, you'll be one of those weird neighbors that have twenty cats and grass knee high around your house. And when a kid comes even 10 ft near your house, you'll start screaming and using your voodoo powers on them.”
 
“I would rather enjoy using my voodoo powers on you than any kid. Now if you would excuse me, I have a plate to fill,” Touma stated, getting up from the table, rushing to the buffet.
 
He hummed happily to himself when he stopped in the middle of filling his plate, confused by the sudden change of his vision. Instead of seeing the small restaurant and the food on his plate, he saw himself in a garden, string at a dark haired woman walking away from him.
 
A chill went up his spine as a sweet voice echoed in his mind. `Sweet dreams, Sensei.'
 
Everything went cold and black. The only thing anyone else could see was Touma collapsing to the ground, out cold.
 
Thousands of miles, billions would be in outer space of miles away, a brunette with midnight blue eyes collapsed on the living room floor of her house, startling the black haired mother.
 ~**~
 
 
It was morning when Touma woke up again, frightened that he laid in a hospital bed with an IV in his arm. He looked over to his right to see Nasuti holding his hand, sleeping on the side of the bed. On his other side Shin, Shu and Ryo leaned on each other also asleep. Touma grinned, shifting his weight to regain procession of his hand again. He groaned, feeling lightheaded and a rather strong headache forming.
 
`Well, this isn't what I was expecting,' he thought miserably, replaying the last images he remembered: a familiar garden and a woman. He remembered his body turning cold as if Death herself was welcoming him. Realization clicked, tears beginning to settle in his eyes. “Grandfather,” he thought out loud. “I was seeing things through your eyes before you died, wasn't I?”
 
He heard someone shift in their seat, turning his attention to Shu opening his eyes. He smiled at the bigger man. “Morning,” he greeted the best he could.
 
Shu blinked, smiling to see his friend awake. “Hey Blue! Are you feeling any better?”
 
Touma nodded, glancing around the room. “Can you tell me how I got here Shu?”
 
“Well, after you collapsed one of the workers called the hospital. You left in the ambulance and Ryo went with you. The doctor said your blood pressure went crazy low and they can't figure out what caused it. They got you back to normal and told us once you were awake they would do a quick check and send you home.”
 
“Ah…good. I don't think I can handle being here another minute.”
 
“Do you always have to be so dramatic?” grumbled Shin, who rubbed at his eyes.
 
Touma chuckled lightly, pushing the hair out of his eyes. “Hey Shin. Did Seiji leave already?”
 
“Yes, he did. He wasn't going to at first but I persuaded him that you would be okay with the three of us and Nasuti. He left once he knew that the doctors brought your blood pressure back to normal,” Shin answered, shaking Ryo awake. “Damn and I thought Touma was the hardest one to wake up!”
 
Ryo mumbled sleepily, nudging Shu. He moved his neck, cursing when he felt his neck crack. “Dammit, why can't they make reclining chairs for visitors? Or better yet, how about beds?”
 
“Ryo can you bring your voice down a couple of decibels before we all get kicked out because of you,” Shu snickered, patting the hot headed leader on the back. “Now is not the time to complain about the hospital chairs.”
 
Ryo sputtered more word until he potted Touma's blue eyes filled with laughter. Every thought seemed to halt as the Trooper leader rose from his seat, hugging the archer. “Touma, you're awake!”
 
“Yeah…sadly enough I am. And since you're all up now, can I go home?” Touma pleaded.
 
Shu nodded. He knew how much his blue haired friend feared hospitals. “I'll go find a doctor.”
 ~**~
 
 
Night had fallen over the busy city. Many slept, waiting for the morning to start their lives again. Others however roamed the streets looking for fun, excitement and pleasure. In a small apartment, a young woman packed quietly, trying to prevent her mother from waking up from her light sleep. She was leaving and there was no stopping her. She zipped the bag to her duffle bag, muttering curses when it wouldn't zip all the way, smiling victoriously when it did at last. She opened her night stand, grabbing her wallet and passport, securing them in her light jacket.
 
Feeling complete and ready, she tip toed through the hall way, pausing in the living room. She looked at her mother curled up on the couch sleeping soundly, a book in her hands. She dropped her bag near the door, grabbing a small camera. She shuffled into the living room, leaning over the sleeping woman, taking a picture. Looking at the taken picture on the small digital screen, she sighed, walking back to her bag.
 
Taking the burden in hand again, she looked around the apartment one last time, saying her silent goodbyes. And with that she opened the door, locking it behind her.
 
 
 
~*End of Chapter 1*~
 
Okay so I hope everyone enjoyed it. Hellfire and I worked really hard on this together. Right now this story is untitled because we can't think of a good one to go with this story. If you have any suggestions….we would love to hear it in our reviews!
 
So down to the anticipated questions that will be answered in the next editions. Touma has feelings for Seiji and Seiji has feeling for Touma, are they EVER going to get off their butts and tell one another? Why is Mamoru saying Rowen and Willow are dead? Who are Rowen and Willow? What does Yumi want with those two? Who is this random person that just ran away from home? Find that all out in the next chapters to come.
 
Oh and don't forget to review!