Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Raising the Past ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Heya all ya fans out there! I'm sorry we've been taking so long with this stuff. Be assured that we will have CftH updated before Monday and who knows, we might just update Untitled too.

JC: Only if we can get some inspiration on it.

Kathrine: Ya know we're susceptible to suggestions.

JC: Now this is kinda another filler chapter. The last one had a lot of action in it and we kinda aren't real sure about what to do until the duel.

Kathrine: This will pretty much fill in all the things ya might be wonderin' about.

JC: Now we hope ya enjoy cause we added a little something in here to make ya laugh.

Kathrine: But we couldn't tell a joke to save our brain so we hope it's up to par.

JC: Now onto the fic and let all yall enjoy!

Disclaimer: 2 depressing 2 repeat.

Warning: THIS IS YAOI!!!!! All people who don't know what it is should look for the definition to see whether or not their innocent minds can handle it. All those who know and don't like it better get the hell away from our fic! Those who know and don't care…we hope ya like it.

Raising the Past

By JC and Kathrine

Chapter 6

" Anubis!" Naaza gasped as he rushed to his lover's side. He lifted the unconscious man into his arms and cradled him.

" What happened?" Kayura still had not gotten over what Yami had just done. " How did he get the orb of Korin?"

" I don't know," Naaza shook his head as he lifted the smaller man from the ground when he stood. " But I guess that solves the question of if Korin is really in the Youjakai or not. The yoroi can't pass through the gates unless the bearer calls it here to him."

" What does that mean?" Kayura wondered.

" I don't think anyone knows, but Anubis," Naaza stared at his lover as the three teleported back to his room. There they found a frantic Hedin pacing a hole into the floor.

" Lord Doku! Lady Kayura!" he gasped when he noticed then. " Lord Yami started glowing and then he-" That's when he realized who it was that Naaza held in his arms.

" You saw what happened?" Kayura asked.

" Yes ma'am," he nodded. " He just started glowing green and then whispered something that I couldn't hear. Then his armor started glowing and the candles went out. When they lit back up he was gone."

" So you don't know why it happened?" Naaza guessed as he laid Anubis down on the bed and covered him back in the black sheets.

" No sir," Hedin shook his head. The Doku Masho could clearly see the worry in the youja's face and it reminded him that even though Hedin might look like an adult he was still but a teenager. He was somewhat surprised at the innocence he had retained despite the horrors he'd seen in his life.

" Arigato Hedin, you may go now," Naaza patted the young youja on the shoulder. " You need a rest."

" Arigato," Hedin bowed before walking out of the room.

" The Troopers!" Kayura gasped when she finally remembered them.

" Nani?" Naaza looked away from Anubis to raise an eyebrow at her.

" We saw a new barrier get raised," she explained. " How will the Troopers pass through it? Are they even all right?"

" I can feel that they're fine Kayura," Naaza assured her. " And they'll need to just pass underneath the barrier like they did before." Suddenly he felt the hand he held tighten and turned his head to see Anubis staring right at him.

" Kami-sama!" Naaza's eyes widened. " You're all right!"

" Naaza," the Yami Masho whispered.

" It's okay love, you don't need to speak," the green-haired swordsman shook his head as he used his free hand to caress the other's cheek.

" I'll go await the Troopers," she suggested, knowing that this was a private moment between the two lovers. With a reassuring smile to Naaza, she disappeared from the room.

" He told me to save them," Anubis whispered.

" Who?" Naaza quickly turned his attention back to the man he loved.

" Korin no Seiji," the man answered in a weak voice. " He told me to save the others and gave me the Korin no Yoroi to do it."

" Do you know where he is?" Naaza questioned.

" Gone," Yami replied. " He has stopped fighting."

" Fighting what?"

" Himself."

" I don't understand," Naaza tilted his head to the side in confusion.

" The yoroi allowed him to fight the being that has now taken him," Anubis clarified. " He no longer has the energy to keep going. I can't feel him anymore."

" He's dead?"

" No, but very close to it," Anubis went on. " He is on a precipice where he can either return to the living or give up his soul." The warrior's eyes looked heavy and Naaza could tell that he was very tired.

" Rest now," he told him and he pulled the covers over his love's body. " You just did something that drained you terribly and you haven't eaten in weeks. Rest and I shall bring food to you." He kissed the lips he had so missed claiming and ran his hand through blue locks that still felt like silk.

" I will be back," he promised as he watched Anubis slip into the world of dreams before leaving the room.

*****

Makuyo walked through he castle halls in a hurry. After removing he battle armor he had immediately left to see Sage. He had felt the shift in power as the twilight blazed across the sky to overtake his soldiers and himself. It was the blend of light and darkness, the combination of two complete opposites. He looked out a window as he passed and could see the sun and the moon both sharing equal space within the sky. Neither were vying for control, but allowing joint reign of the world.

I know Sage had something to do with this, he could feel his own frustration. I know that is the power of Korin. He walked through the sun-carved doors and stared at the two people within the room. Nio sat next to the bed of the slumbering Sage with a look of pleasure on his lips. His eyes raised when his master walked into the room and he smiled at him.

" Good day Master Makuyo," he stood and bowed to him. " I take it the battle went well."

" I lost more than half my army, but it did prove fruitful," Makuyo agreed. But then his eyes turned the blonde on the bed. " Yet the reason for my small loss has me concerned."

" He let go, the other has given in," Nio explained with a grin. " He released the only power that held him in place and now has been forced to the deepest sets of Lord Sage's mind."

" Then me thinks this day has proven to be more pleasing than I at first thought," the demon smiled as he walked over to bed and caressed the cheek of his lover. The blonde moaned at the pleasant feeling before leaning into it. Makuyo let out a genuine smile as he watched Sage's eyelids flutter before they lifted. The sight he saw took his breath away and made all his efforts worth it.

No longer did the blonde have gray/blue eyes, but a light blue/violet full of innocence. He could no longer see the warrior's spirit that had changed his lover's eyes to begin with. All he could see was the gentleness that was free to roam in the open now that nothing was holding it back.

" Hello, my love," Sage whispered as he reached out a hand to touch Makuyo's cheek. " I see you once again return unharmed."

" Only so that I may return to you," Makuyo replied.

" M'sorry I didn't go out to greet you," the blonde apologized. " I have just been so tired today."

" It's all right, my sunlight angel," he assured him. " To make sure you remain in good health is a priority for me. Now, shall we return to the world of dreams?"

" Only if you join me," Sage smiled. He could almost believe that the old Makuyo was there with him. " I've missed you."

" As you wish," the sorcerer leaned down to kiss his lover on the lips. Then he turned to Nio who had his back turned to them to allow them a semblance of privacy. " Niomoto, make sure we are not disturbed."

" Hai Milord," the youja bowed before leaving the room.

Makuyo smiled at this as he divested himself of his clothing before climbing into bed with his lover. Sage sighed contentedly as he curled up to the other's warmth. Makuyo hadn't acted so dedicated to their relationship in such a long time. It made him think that he'd finally gotten his real lover returned to him.

" Sleep, my sunlight angel," the sorcerer murmured. " Soon all will be perfect for us. This war has neared its end and we shall be victorious."

Sage could feel something stinging within his heart at those words. He knew then that it was not truly his lover lying with him in that bed. But to him he could dream and hope that maybe they would actually lose the war and bring the real Makuyo to him once more.

" Goodnight, my lord," Sage whispered as he laid his head on the other's chest. The demon never noticed the tears that fell from the young blonde's eyes.

*****

" What do we do now?" Ryo asked as he stared at the dark green and black energy field that surrounded the youja castle's entirety.

" Walk through," Shu replied as he stepped from the back where Shin had been helping him stand. " It only allows those of good faith and heart pass through it."

" How do you know?" Shin asked.

" Seiji told me," he answered matter-of-factly. " He said that it was made out of the balance and only those within the balance can pass through."

" Well then…" Touma took in a deep breath of air and held out his hand. Not faltering once, the archer pushed through the effulgence with his eyes closed. The light almost blinded him even so as he passed through, the bright currents flashed around him as if there was no disturbance in their movements. But still he could feel that the light was not one on its own, but a conjoined whole. Only half of that whole felt like the spirit of Seiji.

It felt as if his lover were right there with him, flowing around him, through him. He stood for a moment and allowed it to fill him and offer a strange sense of reassurance. He wasn't even aware of someone pulling him through into the boundaries of the castle walls. But he did feel the loss when he left the light and the coldness when he finally reopened his eyes.

Kayura looked at Tenku with somewhat concern as he began to make his way through the energy field. She didn't understand how they were passing through it to begin with. But there he was walking through the light as if nothing were between him and the castle save air.

Then she watched him stop and seemingly drown in the light. He's insane, is what first into her mind. Then she realized that he must have been trying to reach Korin. She sympathized with the feeling of loss the boy had for she felt a similar loss that had yet to be closed in many days.

Closing her eyes, she reached out into the barrier and grabbed the archer's arm, knowing he couldn't stand in such power energy any longer. She pulled him out of the field and could see three other shapes in the light behind him once she reopened her eyes. Then she realized that Tenku still remained in an almost trance-like state.

The others had just breached the castle end of the barrier when he did finally open his eyes. Kayura could see something different in his eyes. There was a fire, an anger, buried deep with in the midnight depths and she could feel that something had indeed happened during their mission. But the anger told her that it was also something deeper than that.

" Kayura!" Ryo called as he and Shin helped Shu out of the energy light. " I guess your plan worked."

" No," she shook her head. " This was the work of Yami and Korin."

" What does that mean?" Shin asked. " We kinda believed that Korin's power was used, but where did Anubis come in?"

" They balance," she stated. " They create twilight in their combined power. Anubis used both his and Korin's yorois to strengthen the shakujo and destroy the forces at our gates."

" So he's awake?" Shu said.

" He was, but I believe he is resting now," she answered. " May I ask what went wrong in the attack."

" They ambushed us," Ryo growled. " That jackass Captain Jai pulled a 180 on us before we had even all got out of the tunnel! It collapsed and killed five of the youja soldier with us!"

" Nani?" Kayura looked very surprised. " Jai a traitor? But he's been one of Naaza's highest ranking officers for centuries."

" That's because Makuyo has been planning this for centuries," Shin added. " He put Jai here a long time ago so that he could take over eventually. And he killed Shu!" Kayura stared awkwardly at the enraged brunette and then to the Kongo Trooper on his arm.

" Long story," the azure-haired boy replied. " Too complicated to explain."

" I see," she nodded in understanding. " Well come in and we can talk more about this."

" Well, Shu is going to rest," Shin stated.

" Nani?" the boy stared in shock.

" No, 'pleases', 'no ways', or 'but Shin anythings'," Shin glared at him. " You are going to rest and there isn't going to be a debate about it!"

" Hai Shin," Shu nodded submissively.

Kayura watched them in confusion as they walked to the doors of the main castle. Her eyes fell on Rekka and she realized he wasn't even watching where he was walking. Instead, his eyes were on Tenku who had said nothing the entire time. He was reaching out to the other boy and yet Touma had closed his link to him. She didn't know what could have brought about his self-seclusion, but had a somewhat idea to it.

" So you're going to fight him one-on-one in a sword-to-sword battle?" Naaza sounded a little skeptical. Touma had just explained to he and Kayura the cease-fire with Makuyo until their duel. Kayura had already said that it may be their only chance, but the Doku Masho did not as easily agree.

" Hey, we all know that I'm not the one for this kinda fight," Touma stated, " but he said it was either fight me or Rajura would die."

" Rajura?" Kayura's voice betrayed her worry. " When did he come into this?"

" When Jai pulled him out of the background and Makuyo put a sword to his throat," Ryo replied. " That's when he forced Touma to agree."

" So Gen Masho is alive," Kayura forcefully replaced her mask as to not seem weak in a room full of warrior men. She knew she could fight them in battle easily, but she would not be thought weak when it came to matters of the heart either.

" Yeah and he'll stay that way," Touma said with a somewhat cold voice. " The duel will decide the war as therein his fate as well."

" But Touma, that is a lot of pressure to put on one person," Shin pointed out.

" Don't Shin," Touma put out a hand to detour his words. " This is a battle that I have to fight and I'm not going to back down for anything. I have three days to train and that's exactly what I'm gonna do." With that he got up and left the table, going to the shared apartment of Troopers where Shu was already resting.

" Ya okay Touma?" he asked groggily.

" Just peachy," Touma gave a sarcastic smile. " Can't ya tell."

" You look like ya about to kill something with the way ya eye is twitching," the other Trooper pointed out. The archer sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed where Shu lay. Shu sat up and looked at him with his head cocked to the side. " What is it?" he asked.

" They don't think I can do it," Touma said. " They all think it's a bad idea and yet it's the only one we got."

" Don't worry about it," Shu patted him on the arm. " I'm sure they know that, but they're just worried about ya."

" That's twice you've made sense to me," Touma laughed. " I guess you're startin' to let ya secret out, eh?" Shu cheeks started to turn pink and he turned away from his friend. Touma looked at him for a second and could see the uncertainty on his features. It went beyond a little compliment.

" What's on ya mind?" Touma questioned. " I that look and it's when ya not sure about doin' something."

" Well…" Shu kept his eyes on the walls next to them for a moment. Then he turned back to Touma and sighed. " Now don't get the wrong idea about this because I wouldn't do it except I was asked to. Now don't try to kill me either."

" What the hell are you…" Touma couldn't finish his sentence before Shu grabbed him by the sides of the head and pulled him into a quick but heart felt kiss. Touma's eyes were wide and yet he felt something familiar in the electric shock from the other's lips. Shu let go of him and backed away, but Touma couldn't stop staring at him.

" Okay, that was…" he couldn't think of what to say.

" All Blondie's idea," Shu gave him a sheepishly smile. " He told me give ya a kiss hello for him. Now don't tell Shin about that or I'm being served at this Christmas' dinner as the main course."

" Believe me I won't," Touma nodded. Then he got an image in his mind of a food platter, 'Shu Mignon', being served for Christmas. The entire thought had he hold his sides and laughing uncontrollably.

" Okay, I think ya just dented my ego," Shu looked hurt.

" M'sorry," Touma gasped. " I was just imagining you as a food. With all the spices and juices and vegetables with a side dish of rice. Gods, Shin such a good cook we wouldn't even know the difference."

" Now you're scaring me, Smurfy," Shu backed away from him a little more. " I think we need to get Seiji back, it could be caused by sex depravation."

" Thanks Shu," Touma reached over and patted him on the shoulder. " I really needed a good laugh. I guess I better go find Ryo now and get started on training."

" Good luck in the Sanada boot camp," Shu waved to him as he walked out of the room.

*****

" Open the door," Makuyo ordered his servant.

" Yes Lord," he opened the door and allowed his master to step past him into the darkness. Then he shut it behind him.

" What do you want?" an angry but hoarse voice asked.

" So you can see me well in this darkness?" the demon inquired.

" After living with Yami for over four hundred years, what do you think?" Rajura spat.

" So you retain you wit?" Makuyo chuckled as he lit the one candle in the corner of the room.

" I retain more than just that," Rajura snarled at the man.

" I have come bearing a deal of sorts for you Gen Masho," the sorcerer replied. " I thought you would enjoy leaving this dreary damp cell."

" Whatever you want 'tis not something I would give while I breathe," the illusionist declared.

" I have already given my word not to harm you," Makuyo stated. " And since you only have three days left to live, I thought I would at least give you the will to breathe clean air and see the sky these last days."

" Why would you?" Rajura asked with a breath of disbelief.

" My angel took a liking to you," the other man shrugged. " While I cannot very well let you go, I can provide more pleasing residence. But to gain such a privilege you must swear that you shall stay away from him and do not interfere or escape in anyway."

" I don't see how such a innocent child could love you of all demons," Rajura spat. " Even after you killed his lover right in front of him, he still loves you."

" Shut up!" Makuyo growled with a raised hand. Rajura didn't even flinch. " You know nothing and what he told you is none of your business!"

" Nani?" the Masho raised a brow at the outburst. Makuyo immediately realized his error and his look of amusement returned.

" My angel seems to have told you much Masho," he chuckled. " But know this, none of that matters in the end. In three days I shall win this war so be ready. For after I run the bearer of Tenku through with my blade, I shall place your one-eyed head on my wall as a trophy of my victory." Makuyo blew out the candle's flame and yelled to his guard to open the door. With a vicious smile on his lips he left Rajura in the blanketing darkness.

A/N: How was it? Leave ya wonderin'?

JC: We couldn't have Makuyo as a compete ass, so we decided to give him a little heart.

Kathrine: Though it is misguided.

JC: There will only be 2 chapters left after this. And maybe an epilogue.

Kathrine: Once again we apologize for the wait. We definitely are going to try to update more.

JC: Now that we have our four nieces running around the house, Jenny's getting rambunctious.

Kathrine: We may have to tie her down. But firs we have a small plea to make to other writers and fanfic readers.

JC: There is a great authoress on FFNet and other sites named Angel of Fire. She has written many great stories including, 'The Mage's Tale', 'The Outcasts', 'The Others', 'The Gathering of the Gods', and a few on Shadow of Arashi's site as well.

Kathrine: Unfortunately, she has stopped writing and we don't know why. Most of her fics have been left unfinished and we are trying to change that.

JC: People write to her! Read her stories and review! Anything to get her to finish these stories!

Kathrine: We've been trying for months but nothing's working. Please help us to get these great works of Fanfiction literature finished!! *_!

JC: We've tried on our own, but we're not enough! I know most people will want ignore this, but don't! We are going insane having such stories left unfinished! It's just not right! Show support for her and maybe she'll start posting again.

Kathrine: If you have been irritated by this we apologize, but she has failed to reply to our emails so we didn't know what else to do. Hopefully, some of you out there agree with us and will try to get her to start writing again.

JC: Arigato for your time.