Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ New Foe, New Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ronin Warriors
By: Ashly Hayes 09/30/10
 
The sun was just coming up over the horizon. The day was dawning bright and beautiful. People were milling about their day, doing their daily errands and chores. Some were even heading from work or were just leaving for work. To everyone it was going to be a very good day and nothing would be able to ruin it. Unfortunately, they were wrong. The day was just beginning and they had no idea how many things could go wrong.
 
A group of guys were outside with a young boy and a white tiger. Some of the guys were sparring with each other while another was playing with the little boy and the tiger. All of them were having fun of course and they also believed it to be another beautiful, calm day just as every other day had been since the fall of Tulpa and his Dynasty. They too didn't know just how wrong they were.
 
Not too far away stood two young female figures, about the same age as the five young men that they were watching.
 
“Miya, is that them? Are they the Ronin Warriors?” asked the one with long blue hair down to her waist.
 
“Yes Ashiyu, they are. The very Ronin's who defeated Tulpa and the Dynasty.” said the one with long red hair slightly past her waist.
 
“Wow. They seem so young to have seen so much already and fight an evil like that. That's more than anyone should have asked of them.” said Ashiyu.
 
“Yes, it is. No one their age should have to even see an evil like he was but were we not just as young when we first encountered such evil? Or when we had our first battle?” asked Miya.
 
“Yeah, but those were different times Miya, very different times. We grew up with violence, but those times have changed now. They shouldn't have to know the things that we grew up knowing or see the things that we've seen over the years.” said Ashiyu.
 
“Yeah, you're right. Those indeed were different times. However, they may be young but these men accepted their fate and went beyond things any normal human being would be capable of.” said Miya.
 
“Yeah, you're right as always my dear friend. I just can't wait to meet them face to face though, especially the one who holds the Armor of Strata.” said Ashiyu.
 
“I already know how you've had eyes on him my dear Ashiyu. Have patience. You'll meet him soon enough. Maybe even sooner than you think, if all goes according to plan.” said Miya.
 
“You think that my brother will even show?” asked Ashiyu.
 
“If I know Yuri, he won't be able to help himself. He's waited years for an opportunity like this. He has wanted a challenge, so we will give him his challenge. We'll give him one that he will never forget.” said Miya.
 
“I hate to think that I'm going to be fighting against my brother, my own flesh and blood but he's left me with no choice. He needs to be stopped before it's too late. I won't simply stand by anymore.” said Ashiyu.
 
“I know it's hard on you my dear friend, but you have made the right decision. It may not seem like it but you have. I'm sure that if your family was here to see you now, they would be very proud of the woman you have become.” said Miya.
 
“Yes, I know. And I'm sure your family would be proud of the woman that you have grown to be as well, especially your father. I'm sure he would be extremely proud of you.” said Ashiyu.
 
“I'm sure he would. I just wish he was here. I miss him so much.” said Miya.
 
“I know you do. I know how much you miss your father and how much you wish that you could have saved him, but there was nothing that you could have done. Your father made his choice to sacrifice himself for Kayura to save her from Tulpa's hold. He did what he had to. You should be proud of him. He broke free of Tulpa and even did a lot of good before he died.” said Ashiyu.
 
“I know he did, and I am proud of him. I just wish that we could have time to rekindle our relationship. I just wish that I would have gotten to see at least one last time before he died. There was so much we still had left to say to each other, so much that I still want to tell him. Now he'll never know.” said Miya.
 
“I'm sure whatever it is that you wanted to tell him, I'm sure that he already knows. I'm sure that he's looking down on you right now, watching over you and smiling at how proud of you he is.” said Ashiyu.
 
Suddenly, the sky grew dark and everyone stopped what they were doing to stare up at the sky. It seemed like everything had grow silent. Even the birds were quiet. It was almost eerie. The only thing that broke the silence was a loud growl from the tiger.
 
“What is it Whiteblaze?” asked Yulie.
 
“Something's wrong. He smells something, something bad.” said Ryo. He would know. Whiteblaze was his tiger.
 
“What do you think it is?” asked Cye.
 
“Well whatever it is, I don't think that it's friendly.” said Rowen.
 
“Guys, what's going on? Why did it get so dark all of a sudden?” asked Mia as she stepped outside to see what was going on.
 
“Mia, get back inside!” yelled Ryo, concerned for her safety.
 
Just then, a flash of light that looked like a lightning bolt appeared in the clouds and started to come down where Mia stood.
 
“Mia!” yelled Ryo, running toward her and pulling her out of the way just in time as the bolt hit where she had been moments before. “You okay?” he asked as he stood.
 
“Yeah, thanks Ryo.” said Mia as Ryo helped her to her feet.
 
Right then, they heard an almost cruel laugh and turned to see a man with long, jet black hair standing nearby, a sword in hand.
 
“Who is that?” asked Kento.
 
“I don't know, but I think we're about to find out.” said Sage.
 
Yulie moved closer to Whiteblaze. He knew what was about to take place and knew that the tiger was better protection than nothing at all.
 
“You five must be the Ronin Warriors. I've heard so much about you. Pity though really. You boys don't look like much of a challenge to me.” said the man.
 
“We'll give you all the challenge you want pal!” yelled Kento angrily.
 
“Easy Kento.” said Ryo. Being the leader, he knew that he needed to keep his guys cool and calm so they could think straight and defend themselves.
 
“Who are you?” asked Cye.
 
“Oh, forgive me. How rude. My name is Yuri. I have taken over for Tulpa as the leader of the Dynasty. And here soon, I will also be ruler of this world.” said the man.
 
“Not in this lifetime Yuri!”
 
Everyone turned to see a young woman with long red hair standing up on top of Mia's roof, a staff in one hand and two swords on her back.
 
“Miya, how good to see you again. Now, where is that dear sweet sister of mine?” asked Yuri.
 
“Right behind you my brother.”
 
Yuri turned to see another young woman, this one looking to be younger than the first and with long light brown hair. She had a bow and arrow in her hands, ready and aimed straight at Yuri.
 
“Ah, little Ashiyu. Tell me, how have you been? Pleasant I hope after all these years.” said Yuri.
 
“Save the act Yuri, no one's buying it. Go back to the Nether Realm where you belong and stay there.” said Miya.
 
“Why? I just got here, and I plan on staying.” said Yuri, raising his sword straight up and five more lightning bolts came down out of the clouds, coming down at each of the five Ronin Warriors.
 
Miya held out her staff and all five of the lightning bolts were immediately drawn into her sword and absorbed.
 
“You're going to have to do better than that Yuri.” said Miya.
 
“Ask and you shall receive.” said Yuri. He snapped his fingers and almost instantly, an army of armored soldiers come out of nowhere.
 
“Dynasty Soldiers! Oh man, not these tin cans again.” said Kento.
 
“Yes and these ones are stronger than the ones you faced before. Have fun kiddies.” said Yuri as he jumped up.
 
Ashiyu tried to shoot him with her arrow but she missed as her brother vanished into thin air. Miya jumped down from the roof, sticking her staff in the ground than pulling out the two swords.
 
“Sage, Ryo!” she yelled, tossing them to the two swordsmen who caught them.
 
Ryo and Sage used the swords to slice up and fend off any of the Dynasty Soldiers that came at them. The other three Ronin Warriors fought without weapons.
 
Miya had pulled her staff out of the ground and now she and Ashiyu were fighting side by side with the Ronins, destroying soldier after soldier until there were none left.
 
Once all of the Dynasty Soldiers were gone, the five Ronin Warriors turned their attention to the two women standing before them.
 
“Who are you guys? And who was that guy? What's his deal?” asked Kento.
 
“My name is Miya Dohji, and this is Ashiyu Tanaka. As you heard, she is Yuri's younger sister. Yuri took over for the Dynasty after you five defeated Tulpa.” said Miya.
 
“He just didn't want to show his face until now. He was biding his time, waiting.” said Ashiyu.
 
“Why? What was he waiting for?” asked Cye.
 
“He was waiting for this.” said Miya, pulling a chain out of her shirt to reveal an amulet. “This is the Amulet of Light. It holds a great deal of power and whoever has possession of it can use it for good, or for evil. Yuri wants it so he may rule both worlds. There are already some in the Nether Realm who are questioning his power. Any one of them could try to overthrow him. That's why he seeks this amulet. With it, no one would dare to question his power.”
 
“And yet you have possession of it. So why come after us? We knew nothing of the amulet until now.” said Rowen.
 
“Yuri came after you because he sees you as a threat to him trying to rule this realm. He fears you, therefore he will try to get rid of you to make it easier for him to rule this world.” said Ashiyu. She knew her brother better than anyone.
 
“And the Amulet of Light can't be used by just anyone. It has to choose its bearer. Yuri doesn't yet know that I have the amulet but when he does find out, he will do anything and everything he can to use me, to try to get me to turn.” said Miya, tucking the amulet safely back into her shirt.
 
“You mean, try to get you to join the Dynasty that way he can get you to use the amulet to his advantage.” said Sage. It was a statement, not a question.
 
“And if that happens, you might as well kiss your world goodbye.” said Ashiyu.
 
“Well that's not going to happen, not as long as the Ronin Warriors are around.” said Kento.
 
“You always were the one ready for a fight Kento.” said Ashiyu with a smile.
 
“Wait, you know about me?” asked Kento.
 
“Of course. We've been watching over you ever since you guys became the Ronin Warriors. How do you think the Ancient always knew where to be at the right time?” asked Ashiyu.
 
“He just forbid us from ever intervening, no matter how much we wanted to do so.” said Miya.
 
“Why would he do that?” asked Ryo.
 
“It was because of my father. My father was one of the Dark Warlords. The Ancient was afraid of what could happen if I were to have to face my father. He knew that I wouldn't be able to fight against him and win.” said Miya.
 
“Because you wouldn't want to hurt him, and you wouldn't allow anyone else to harm him either.” said Sage.
 
“Wait, you said that your father was one of the Dark Warlords.” said Ryo.
 
“Just out of curiosity, which one of them was your father?” asked Kento.
 
“Yes, I did say that my father was one of the Warlords. As a matter of fact, he used to be their leader until he turned against them and turned good thanks to the Ancient helping him to see the truth. He was known as the Warlord of Cruelty then.” said Miya.
 
“Wait, you're father was Anubis?!” exclaimed Ryo.
 
“Yes, I am. And I'm not ashamed of it either. I was always proud of my father before Tulpa gained control over him. He did what he could for my mother, myself and for our village. Sadly though, I haven't seen him since I was a child. The last time I saw of my father, he was riding away for another battle. When the other soldiers came back but he didn't, I knew that something had happened, but I also knew that he was dead. I could feel it. My mother and I had to cope with the fact that my father was missing and we probably wouldn't see him again. It was some years before I learned that it was Tulpa and his evil Dynasty who had taken my father from me. I started training myself to fight to get him back.
 
“However, things didn't work out the way that I had hoped. Our village was attacked, everyone in it killed. My mother and I tried to run but she was killed before my eyes, protecting me. Then I could only watch as my village was burned to the ground. I was the only survivor. I found out later on that it was also Tulpa and the Dynasty that was responsible for the destruction of my village. I sought revenge and if it weren't for the Ancient, I would have only gotten myself killed.
 
“Ashiyu heard of what happened and she found me. She promised to even help me find my father and free him. That's when we joined the Ancient on his quest to destroy the Dynasty. For the years that my father had been missing, I believed that Tulpa had only captured him and was holding him prisoner. In a way, I was right. I learned from the Ancient that he was one of Tulpa's Warlords, as well as seeing it with my own eyes when I saw him after Rowen broke him helmet with his arrow.” said Miya.
 
“I can only imagine how that made you feel.” said Ryo, feeling some sympathy for her. After all, she had only been a child when her father disappeared than she learns that he's an evil Warlord. That would be hard on anyone.
 
“Yeah, it was tough. I heard about all the good he did to help you guys in defeating Tulpa the second time.” said Miya.
 
“Yeah, and he even sacrificed himself to save Kayura.” said Rowen.
 
“I heard. She was the last of the Ancients. He felt that he had to save her. Plus, I'm sure that even dead, the Ancient wouldn't allow the last of his clan to be struck down without having anything to say about it.” said Miya.
 
“It's just too bad that he had to give up his life so that he could save her. He was so alive in his final moments though.” said Ryo.
 
“But now I am more alive than ever Ronins.”
 
Everyone turned towards the voice and watched as a figure stepped out of the shadows, a figure that they all recognized immediately.
 
“Anubis!” exclaimed Yulie happily, running to the man that had once tried to kill them but then had changed his ways and did so much to help them greatly before they watched him give his life and hugged him. “You're alive!”
 
“Yes little one, that I am.” said Anubis.
 
“But how? We all watched you fall off the bridge into the water.” said Mia.
 
“The Amulet of Light, it brought me back. It brings back anyone that the bearer so choices but only if it sees fit that the person should be brought back. Miya didn't even know anything of my resurrection until now. The amulet brought me back so that I may have a second chance with my daughter.” said Anubis, looking over at his daughter as he spoke the last part.
 
Silence fell. All five Ronin's, Ashiyu, Mia and Yulie all headed inside, Whiteblaze following behind them, leaving father and daughter alone.
 
Miya had no idea what to say. This came as a surprise to her. She didn't expect to have see her father again, not alive anyway. Yet here he was, standing before her looking very much alive as he had the last time she saw him. She could feel tears stinging her eyes, threatening to make themselves known but she fought them back. She didn't want her father to see her cry. She tried to make them go away but they wouldn't until finally she let them spill from her eyes.
 
“Dad!” she cried, throwing herself forward into his arms, her face buried against his shoulder. She could feel her tears soaking his shirt but he didn't seem to care.
 
“I'm here now Miya and I swear to you, I will never leave you again. I promise you, I will not waste this second chance. I should never have been so foolish. I know that I can never really make it up to you. I should have never left you and your mother. I should have been a better father; I should have always been there for you. I feel as though I failed you.” said Anubis.
 
“Oh dad, you didn't fail me. You couldn't have known what was going to happen, none of us could have. Things happen. Besides, all that is in the past. What matters now is that we've been given a second chance.” said Miya.
 
Anubis couldn't help but smile.
 
“I knew that I raised my little girl right. And I am so proud of you.” he said.