Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ To Dream A Forbidden Dream ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: To Dream a Forbidden Dream
Author: Kleptomaniac Can Opener
Pairings: Anubis/Cale x Seiji/Sage
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own the pretty Samurai boys! It's a Sunrise production directed by Masashi Ikeda! _-^^-_ It makes me so sad! But owning this short story makes me happy. ^^
 
Summary: Reincarnation is a bitch.
 
NOTES: This just suddenly came to me while RPing. I have no idea why.
Check out my fic journal Utensil_Drawer at livejournal.com!
 
~*~Part 1~*~
 
The dream's always the same.
 
He's standing in the middle of the woods. A gentle wind playing with his golden hair, birdsong teasing his ears, the air mild and smelling sweet from the blooming spring flowers and grasses. Abruptly, the pale silver moon replaces the bright golden sun, the land now covered in pure white, the air crisp and fresh in his nostrils.
From the shadows a large blue, nearly black wolf appears, a scar on the left of its face. Their eyes meet. Lavender locks with blue orbs filled with silent strength, cold intelligence, sharp wit, sadness, regret...and something else. Something he can't identify, not yet.
The wolf takes off. He can't help but chase after it. He has to. He has to know what that emotion is. He has to...because it's in his own eyes too.
 
He starts to lose sight of the dark beast, his two legs being so much slower than its four. Suddenly the world whirls by much faster, his gait long and smooth, the snow muffling the sound of his hooves, the moonlight glistening off his golden fur and a magnificent rack of antlers.
So close, nearly side-by-side as they run wild in the sleeping forest. On some silent command, they pause by a bubbling brook, the night otherwise silent in their ears.
A dim green light and he finds himself human once more, staring into the eyes of the wolf. A faint glow surrounds the great beast. Its form warps and lengthens. Before him now stands an older man, dark and handsome, that scar still on the left of his face. A callused hand cups his smooth pale cheek, drawing them closer together. “Seiji...”
“Anubis...”
 
Then so gently their lips would meet.
 
~*~
 
“Hey Sage! Wake up!” Lavender opens to a world of blue. “About time! We're gonna be late for school!” A younger face without a scar. “Uh...is something the matter?”
“No, nothing's wrong, Cale.”
“Well okay. Mom has breakfast ready.” The blue-haired boy leaves the bedroom.
 
Why does he dream of his own brother?