Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ N/A ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6: To Go From Here

The way the sound of the heartbeat hit Sage's ears became slow with anticipation. The slow motion of the thug's fist that was arriving started to get faster and faster. His head spinning, Sage's thoughts churning on what to do seemed only moments before his final strike became final. All of a sudden, he got his bearings and then it went as fast as the fist came. Sage rolled away just in time as the fist of the thug hit the wall of where Sage had been leaning against.

The thug screamed in pain as his skin split in half. Bones could be heard breaking in his wrist. Sage gathered his strength and stood tall.

"Is that all you got?" Sage asked the thug as he grasped his wrist. The thug looked at him menacingly.

"This isn't over by a long shot, my undesired friend." With that said, the thug mustered his strength and ran away, vowing that silently one day he would have his revenge. Sage wiped the blood from his nose and mouth, then turning towards where Kyoko was slumped, unconscious to the world. He walked hurriedly towards her and knelt down, trying to wake her up by calling her name.

"Kyoko? Kyoko, come on, wake up." He tapped her upon her face slightly. "Come on, Kyoko. You need to wake up." From the sound of his voice, she opened her eyes slightly and gritted her teeth in pain as she clutched her right wrist. "Are you okay?"

She looked at him with tears brimming down, with all the pain and agony that bestowed upon her young face. "Shh, it'll be alright." Sage grappled her in his arms, laying her head upon his chest as she wept silently. Her body racked with sobs of unknown truth that she always kept hidden. All Sage could do was pat her on the back and hold her, which suddenly felt right. He didn't know why, but he had a faint burning desire to always do this with her when she was down, not like what he felt with his past girlfriends.

"I'm fine now, thank you." She stuttered out as she pulled away, still clutching her wrist.

"Let me look at it." Sage insisted as he tried grabbing her arm. She winced away as she tried to stand up, with the support of the wall. But to no effort, she failed and sloped down back to her knees. She felt so sore and so out of it, it seemed only like a dream. Her head ached and she just wanted to go home to put ice on the back of her head. She let go of her wrist as Sage insisted he look at her wrist. She put the back of her left hand under her hair, where she felt some warm liquid starting to brim down her head. She finally realized of what damage happened in her head and felt so dizzy when Sage lifted her up and tried steadying her to balance.

Sage gasped as he saw blood on her uniform in the back.

"We need to get you to my house immediately." He reproached as he took her left hand in his.

Kyoko again pulled away from his grasp, only to almost lose her balance, thankfully Sage was there to hold her up.

"Stop being so stubborn and let me help you. I live just around the corner of this street. My mom is a doctor and she can help you."

"No, no doctors." Kyoko moaned, her head spinning like crazy now. "I just want to go home to my momma. I can take care of myself." Kyoko tried to pry out of his grip but she was too weak and he was too strong to even get an inch away. She gave in and silently let him lead her towards his house.

_________

Maia cried and cried after her boyfriend left to go out that night. It was only seven and she was still in her school uniform. Sobs racked her body as she lay there helplessly. Midori, her young nine-year-old sister, just sat there on the bed, caressing her sister's back as she sobbed. Midori was only a young girl, but she knew what her sister's boyfriend did to Maia.

Tears streamed down her face as she wished her mom were here and not ill in bed at another residence with her other older sister. Midori felt her sister's sobs slow and then her breathing regular, with a few sobs here and there. Midori stopped caressing her sister's back and cautiously got out of the bed, trying not to wake her sister. She went up to her sister's venal side and removed a couple of strands from Maia's face.

"I wish Kyoko and momma were here. They'd know what to do." Midori looked to the luminous sky that was bright with colors of the red moon and glowering stars. She saw a star fly across the sky as she made a wish that everything would turn out better.

_______

By now, it was 6:04 p.m. by the time Sage arrived with Kyoko at his side to his dojo style house. Kyoko didn't pay attention to her whereabouts, only worried of what her mother was doing at this very moment. She could have been in terrible pain and wanting her daughter by her side. But she knew it was futile to fight with Sage. He was strong even though he looked a bit scrawny.

Well, by the way it felt to be close to him, he had lean stomach muscles and other well toned muscles. For some odd reason, it felt good to be in the arms of a guy. For starters, she never really did have a boyfriend or even a boy to call a friend. They all went for those other girls who either were cheerleaders, airheads, or girls that were in sports. They never would go for the solemn girl or even acknowledged her. They always were trying to get with her by cheating or harassing in an embarrassing way.

On the other hand, she never really thought twice to lean upon a guy for support. She had that air about her that seemed to be stubborn, a little bit of that spice that told everyone that she couldn't be played the fool. In very short terms, she was nobody's fool, but something otherwise told her that she was being somebody's fool and that was the most popular boy in school. It felt as though it was his objective to even get the lowest girl to go out with him.

Just thinking about that made her agitated. But then there would be another thought that would cross her mind. What if he wasn't playing a game and really was this man behind the mask nice guy. He sure didn't act like it when the curtains arose for his star position in the spotlight. Kyoko sighed with agitation as Sage and her approached the stairs to his house.

"Well, we're here." Sage smiled as he turned the knob of the oak door. Kyoko was a little out of it still as he brought her inside. He called for his mom, dad, or any of his siblings, but no one seemed to hear him. He let her down in the living room on the love seat as he went get some ice and the first aide kit.

This gave Kyoko time to see what his living room looked and felt like. She looked around a while before discerning the mocha colored walls with light peach paint that held beautifully together. While the walls were light mocha, the floral bedding upon the couch seemed to match the blue carpet on the floor.

Pictures of his family were all over the mocha wall and seemed to blend in with the huge living room. In front of the long couch that was in the center, there was an entertainment center with all kinds of angels and porcelain dolls, set in the middle was the TV and VCR. She admired the way everything just glided together, making her feel right at home.

_________

Sage entered the kitchen and got the ice and medical aide. He was getting a drink of water when he heard his mother just getting in from the office. As young as he could remember, his mom always came home around 6:30 or less and his dad always at 7:00. Mrs. Date came in and smiled at her son.

"Hello Sage." She greeted him, but then her exterior smile became darkened into a frown. "What happened here?" She implied as she pointed towards the cuts and bruises upon his face. "Did your grandfather give you a rough time with training again?" Umeko sounded disappointed again. She sighed roughly. "That man, I'll have to talk to him again."

"That won't be necessary, mom." Sage told her about the fight and about Kyoko in the next room. After he was done, her face was all white.

"Did you say, Sakai was her last name?"

"Yes, I did. Why?"

"Do you know what her mother's name is?" Umeko asked.

"No..."

"No?"

"I told you, no. I have no clue."

"Well, then I'll just have to ask her when you go fix her up." Umeko followed her son into the living room, finding Kyoko was dozing off a little. "Poor dear. She looks exhausted."

Kyoko looked at them through glassy eyes, her head spinning again. She felt so tired and was so worried about her mom.

"Kyoko, look, my mom is here to help. Just lie down."

Kyoko felt herself being laid down by the woman that she saw through a blurry vision. For a second there, she thought she heard her mother humming.

"Momma?" she whispered, "Please help my momma."

"Kyoko, are you okay?"

"Sage, go call the hospital, she's burning up with fever. Hurry now!" Umeko screamed as she pulled her hand away from the girl's forehead.

"Mommy!" Kyoko screamed, shaking violently. "Daddy!"

Kyoko's whole body seemed to take effect like an electric vibe was penetrating through her, sending her in a shock wave of fits. A few minutes before she only heard two drowning voices, now it seemed all kind of voices that seemed to massively attract her to her own world. After about two more minutes of trying to figure out what was going on, all she felt was blackness overcoming her, shadowing her away from pain for the moment.