Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Confrontation of the Heart (REVISED) ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

REVISED Chapter 5: Confrontations of the Heart

After Sage had left, Rowen caught up with Cye and Ryo who were waiting for him a few feet away. They both saw Sage turn a corner and had questioning looks upon their confused faces.

"Hey, Ro, where'd Sage go?" Cye asked as Rowen caught up with them, getting into step with them. Rowen looked down and smirked.

"He's going to get help from Kyoko for algebra II and to return a book to her that must have fell out of her bookbag." Rowen informed his confused friends.

"Well, I thought he was through with girls?" Ryo commented, as they turned another corner, this time going straight ahead towards a street that went two ways across from each other.

"Yeah, but this one seems different and besides I know for a fact that he won't fall for this girl..."

"How do you mean, Ro? Don't tell me, she's not his type?" Cye snickered.

"Well, to me she would make the best girlfriend he had ever made, possibly the only one that's not an airhead. But, haven't you noticed how Mia feels about him?"

"Uh, no. No idea." Ryo said, scratching the back of his head.

"She's madly in love with him." Cye answered. "I can't believe you wouldn't see that Ryo."

"Well, the way she does look at him kinda gave the hint that she does like him."

After Ryo voiced those words, they all were silent for a while before saying goodbye to go to their respected homes. One thing that bothered Rowen though, what if Sage did fall in love with this girl...then what would happen to Mia. His heart ached for Mia, but he knew that it would be hopeless to give a confrontation towards her when her heart was given to one person, Sage...

____

As soon as Kyoko turned the corner, she broke into a run, more tears coursing down her cheeks. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the tears that were cascading down since she ran from the school building. Sadly enough that Takani had bruised her pride, but the teacher being behind it all just made her want to shrivel up in a ball and die. She turned another corner and ran smack dab into a big muscular figure. She fell on her butt twice that day as tears ran down her face.

"HEY! Watch where you're going!" the voice shouted as something hovered over her petite frame. Kyoko looked up to see a gang of thugs that were surrounding her. She gave out a squeak as one of them came closer. She dusted herself off as she quickly got up.

"I'm v-very sorry." Kyoko apologized as she lowered her head in amends, hoping that these boys would let them go.

"Sorry...sorry? You, a stupid wench, says you're sorry to the greatest thug in the city for not watching where you're going." The black haired boy said as he came closer towards her. Kyoko took a step back and was about to break into a run when the same guy caught her arm in a death grip. "Where you're going? You need to make up your mistake to me for running into me."

"Let me go!" Kyoko cried, trying to get her arm out of the vice grip he held her in. His partners were all laughing as they tried to grab at her, pulling her into an unknown and unoccupied alleyway when someone shouted for them to let her go. They all looked up surprised there was someone who would dare interrupt their business.

Kyoko tried prying the clamped hand that was around her wrist but with no avail, the grip was stronger than she wished for. Kyoko then looked right, where the person was casually leaning against the wall of an old house, his arms crossed over his broad chest. She noticed that the person had soft blonde hair that was poofy and well fixed, wearing the same school uniform logo as hers. He took off his sunglasses and stared coldly at the thugs that threatened Kyoko. Kyoko looked bewildered to see Sage Date there, coming for her rescue.

"Who are you!" one of the thugs questioned with hostility.

"I told you, let her go. Who I am has no meaning to you." Sage told the thug, his eyes gleaming a heavy aura.

"What if I don't let her go!" the thug holding her wrist, replied, pulling Kyoko closer. Kyoko yelped as he held her in his arms. She tried to get away again, but he gripped her wrist harder, making a sick cracking noise. Kyoko winced in pain, knowing that her wrist was fractured.

"If you don't let her go, you'll have to answer to me." Sage gritted his teeth as he threatened the thugs.

"With only a puny fellow like you!" the thugs all laughed. "Come on, I'd like to see you try to get through us to her."

"Okay, you've asked for it." Sage threw his sunglasses on the ground as he got into a running speed. Without anybody seeing his great speed, he managed to knock two of the thugs, only leaving the one who had Kyoko and the other one that was standing, ready for any attack available. Sage landed on his feet and was about to attack the other thug when he was knocked over the head with a piece of cement. He stumbled a bit to get his bearings but his head ached and blood traced down his face where the cement hit and broke the skin. He silently steadied himself with the nearby wall to find where the attacker would be next to hit. He used his knowledge from the teachings of his grandfather and noticed that nothing came to mind.

Come on, Sage, think! You need to get yourself back in the game! Just then, as the attacker moved forward the strike again, Sage regained his barrier and rammed his fist into the concrete that was about to be fixed upon his head. The thug, surprised by this action, ran away, with his tail between his legs.

Sage transfixed his eyes upon the leader, who still had Kyoko in his grip. Sage spit out blood then wiped his mouth.

"Well, are you going to let her out, or not?"

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to let this sexy kitten lose. She still owes me big time for running into me." Kyoko made a face as the thug licked her face, his stinky breath reaching her nose that made her want to puke.

Sage sighed with disgust. Can't anybody ever just give up when they know that they were about to get beat?

"Just let her go and be a man! Fight me!"

The thug seemed to think about it before smiling. "Alright, I'll get rid of this wench out of my way to fight your puny ass." The leader's smile lingered into a hate-filled disgusted frown as he threw Kyoko against the wall hard, making her fall unconscious to the world.

Sage gasped and tried to run to her aide when the thug took the advantage and kicked Sage in the side, cracking a rib in the process. Sage fell to the ground in pain, clutching his ribs. As he was down, the thug hovered over him with an evil grin...

"Now, we shall see who'll answer to who!" the thug laughed merciless as he brought his fist down...

____

Maia walked into her apartment after getting home from her session with Kento. She wondered what possessed her to kiss him on the cheek. Her cheeks became a tinge of pink when she remembered how smooth his skin felt.

"Hello, darling, home so soon?" Her boyfriend greeted her with an evil glare, which made her skin run cold.

"Yes, Kyo, I am." Maia put her keys on the table and her backpack on the floor.

"Well, you aren't suppose to be back until five and it is already five thirty."

"Well, I did have a ways to travel. Kyo, please, I'm tired and I don't want to fight tonight. Especially when Kasai, Kenji, and Midori need to have food."

"Those little brats always get more attention than me." Kyo moved towards her and grasped her shoulders rather harshly.

"Kyo, stop this! You're drunk! Come on, let go of me!"

A slap echoed in the house, "You little fuckin bitch! You ain't gonna make anything tonight. I want sex and sex I'll get. Now take off your fuckin clothes." He stumbled on her, pushing her against the wall, his warm liquor-breath slapping her in the face even more. He kissed her hungrily and moved to play with her fondly.

She wasn't comfortable at all and tried to pry him off of her, but his hands cocked her upward and he punched her in the face. She was woozy from the hit and narrowly fell into his arms. Three little kids watched in horror as their older sister was being raped in front of their eyes...