Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Warlord of Forest ❯ Fleating Figures ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No own Ronin Warriors. But I own the ocs

KB- Konnichiwa Minna, it's been awhile, I finally got a good idea, I guess marching band is good for something after all. You see that's where I got the idea for the first part ^.^

Soffia- When there are five of these ~~~~~ that means a change in POV. Or a change in the way the character is talked about. When there are lots of them it's a scene change.

Saceria- R+R, keep the author happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

The September breeze blew the cool mist, left by the recent rains, over the waterfall that surround the Warrior clad in deep green body armor. It was late in the evening and the temperature had dropped to a fairly chilling degree but the white haired Warlord continued to meditate on the rocks jutting from the base of the silver waterfall. A rainbow was seen sparkling through the falling waters above him in the light of the setting sun. The sun was about to leap over the horizon as thousands of clouds formed in the sky above. The Warriors opened his one crystalline blue eye, the one that wasn't a casualty of some battle in his worn past, and the sun lit the clouds on fire. A bright yellow, orange and pink outlined in a dreary purple made itself known and darker crimson clouds flowed quickly above the marvelous painting in the near night sky. The rainbow above him slowly vanished as the bright colors around the clouds faded to a gray that still contained some of its former beauty before disappearing into nothingness.

~~~~~

Dais let a small smile grace his features before falling back into his former trance-like state as the sky became more dismal with the fading grays and coming darkness. The sounds of twilight reached his keen ears reminding him to return to the palace before one of the other Warlords was sent to fetch him. The water splashed around his shoulders as he stood, seeming only to notice his presence as he was leaving it now begged him to stay.

He jumped from his perch atop the bolder onto the first of a series of smaller rocks below leading from the falling water to the forest covered bank of the river. Trees had never grown in the Youja-kai under Talpa's rein; the land had remained featureless and lifeless. Lady Kayura on the other hand was a good leader; her experience with the spring armor had left its Jin, Loyalty, engraved in her soul. Kayura was loyal both to those few she called companions and the wellbeing of her kingdom.

Something gripped his heart as he reached the bank. Something he had first felt as a child when Talpa first came to offer him acceptance and escape. He had felt it every time he was called to the presence of his former master. He turned as his feet planted in the rich soil below and his single blue eye caught the retreating figure of a small girl with short hair like the dark embers of a lava flow.

Dais' eye narrowed as the figure disappeared into darkness. He turned towards the palace and walked into the forest. He could only hope that his warning-filled feeling wasn't actually a foreshadowing of the events to come. But his wishes usually went unanswered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

A stray branch snapped at his face as he trudged through a heavily forested area near the palace. His leg, clad in a dead brown subarmor sunk into a muddy hole as he blew a strand of green hair from his beady eyes.

Sekhmet wasn't a happy camper to say the least. The night air bite harshly at his battle worn skin. He now wondered why he had ever agreed to track down the older warrior. He was now lost even though the palace outline was visible through the shadows.

A heavy wind pushed his back into a tree as he emerged from the forest. He had reached the area where he, Kale and Dais had committed their first mutiny towards Talpa. The bridge that connected the forest to the land where the palace lied over the river had been repaired since that epic battle but evidence of its occurrence was still present.

The summer warrior sighed as he walked towards the bridge to tell Kayura of his failure but was stopped short as a chilling wind blew an unusual fragrance towards him from the forest. Somehow his eyes had wondered to the shimmering water below and he saw it. Or rather saw her, a blue eyed figure atop the trees but as soon as he noticed her presence the girl was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Kale paced the palace room in annoyance, Dais had agreed to discuss the uneasiness all three warriors had been emitting lately with him at dusk. The uneasiness was growing in the small room and it was driving Kale insane. Emotions usually flowed over the web that had recently reformed among all nine armors only if allowed. The only exception to this was the armor of cruelty which Kayura had abandoned; a strong emptiness flowed from that end of the web. The twin armors were another exception, Kale had to make a conscious effort to hide something from his light counter-part; he was very certain however that Sage could feel the tension in Kayura's kingdom just through the winter warrior's own emotions.

A string of lightening flashed outside the windows to the right of the doorway, Kale scowled, 'those two had better hurry up.' Then the doorway was flung open revealing a very flustered Venom Warlord, "Did you see her?"

"See who and where's Dais??"

"I'm right here." From the door emerged a second figure, "I believe I know the answer to this constant nervousness that seems to be spreading in the kingdom." Kale waited, but not for long as after taking a breath the elder warlord continued but instead of speaking of an answer he asked a question, "Sekhmet, could you describe the woman you saw?"

"Hai, she was small with big blue eyes and……….. red hair, I think."

Dais nodded, "The same girl." He turned to Kale, "I believe she may hold a better answer than I could give you." Another strike of lightening lit the outlines of his fellow Warlords; that's when Kale saw her. A petite figure perched with unexpected balance on the rail of the balcony outside, it was several hundred feet to the ground, staring at the three men inside. A red headed, blue eyed petite figure to be exact. As the lightening flashed again she was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

"What are we up against Elowin?? Are they of any threat to our cause??"

"You mean YOUR cause." She said with a bit of hostility towards the taller Elvin man. "That twisted plot of yours has never in anyway been my goal." She called down from her seat on the highest branch of a beautiful tree in the large forest the two were hiding in.

"Oh but it will be if you wish to live, or if you wish your princess to live."

"Kisama."

"I repeat, what are the warriors of this kingdom like? A threat perhaps?"

Elowin smiled as a way to throw a kink into his plan popped into her mind. She voiced this plan with complete sincerity in her voice. "This land has no warriors." Hishin smiled, "Is that so, I didn't expect such a powerful rule to have no generals. This kingdom should be easily over taken if you are telling me the truth."

Elowin let her facial features say nothing but her triumph was great on the inside. She hoped that the warriors were as strong as they seemed from afar.