Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Warlord of Forest ❯ crystal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer I don't own Ronin Warriors, wish I did though.

Saceria- like that'll ever happen

KB- ~pouts in a corner~

Soffia- ~sweatdrop~ um excuse the behavior of both KB and my sister ~whisper~ they're both a bit lacking in the head

KB + Saceria- ~glare~

Soffia- hehe, well enjoy everyone and R+R before KB only has one voice

Note: in the last chapter I think I put the word eleven ears, well I meant Elvin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Warlord of Forest

Chapter one: Crystal

By: Kuroi Bara no Twilight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she stood, beautiful among the mere mortals. Sky blue orbs took in her surrounding with care. A black waterfall pooling down her back, held back slightly by her thin Elvin ears. A deep green dress being pinned on her slender body, the traditional wedding garb. The roses that lined the palace walls and overflowed off the open balcony also paled in comparison with Milien's beauty.

I had known the princess all my life and I knew by the sour expression on her pale feathers that marrying Hishin was not high on her to-do list. That ass merely wished to take command of Milien's kingdom, he had told me this himself on the fiery battlefield. I had informed the princess but she merely shook her head and smiled at me saying that she already knew.

My body had been slightly charred by the flame I had landed in when Hishin pushed me to the ground but they were already beginning to heal. No one in the kingdom other than Milien herself knew why I was her main general. I had known her all my life, because I had been alive for the same long centuries that she had; I was half elf.

"Elowin, would you please help me with this?" I looked up as I heard the princess call for my assistance. Her blue eyes were shining with mischief and I knew she wanted to delay the wedding once again; if she wished it, it would be done. I matched her smile with one of my own and nodded, "Everyone, the Princess has just signaled that the wedding will be postponed till a later date. I will post the date when one has been decided upon!!" Groans of disappointment spread throughout the room and then I heard the hiss of anger from behind me. I turned to stare into Hishin's violet eyes, they were filled with malice and I knew he wanted to add my body to that flaming field. I flashed a smug grin and narrowed my own eyes at him, "I'm only following orders my liege. The wishes of the princess must be honored ni?" I heard the growl being slowly released from the bowels of his trough and had to struggle not to snicker. His hand shot out before any warning could be given and grasped the sleeve of my brown tunic (if the outfit I was wearing could be considered a tunic.) He stared straight into my eyes with a look that could have made a dragon piss itself and in a venomous tone whispered into my ear, "You will pay dearly for this Elowin. My warriors should follow my command and that's what I plan on seeing from this point forward. Do I make myself clear?" The cold look in his eyes promised pain, there was something there that made by my blood stop flowing and my heart accelerate to an unheard of speed, "Crystal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Milien's face sparkled with pure innocent joy as I splashed her with the clear waters of the Elvin River. It must be hard to rule such a kingdom and still be called a child. As the sun began to set lighting the sky ablaze she signaled that it was time to return to the palace. I nodded but decided to stay at the riverbed a bit longer. I smiled as I watched her retreating form disappear into the blaze of the setting sun.

As soon as she was out of side he appeared, just as I had suspected. I stood and bowed aimlessly as Hishin walked out of the ferns that lined the crystal waters. It seems you now know much of the reason I had for asking for your assistance but not all. I cast him an intrigued glance before returning my vision to the purity of the waters. He smiled, "Yes it's hard to believe that these waters will one day be polluted with the waters of the filthy mortal races." This caught my full attention and I stared at him horrified, "You sick bastard." He smirked at me, "tsk tsk, mustn't forget our little promise. You say nothing of this to the princess." I narrowed my eyes into a glare at the way he had twisted our words, "You son-of-a-bitch." He smiled again, "No need to dress up your words too fancy. I know you're a Halfling, so as long as you serve me your blood does not have to run through this river." This said he turned back towards the palace. He walked a few steps before halting, "Oh and Elowin. I almost forgot to mention the rest of my plan. It involves the use of another kingdom which," he glanced over his shoulder to fix me eyes with that same cold gaze, "you will help me to attain." I couldn't help but look away from my eyes, I hated to admit that I feared them but I did. I glanced instead and the waters rushing past my bear feet, "But lord, there are no more kingdoms in this world. Milien rules over all living beings." I didn't have to look up to fill the smirk that decorated his feathers, "Oh trust me, I know of one. Meet me tomorrow morning outside the castle. Make sure you are there before the sun, or anyone else in the palace rises. Am I clear?" My voice was barely a whisper but by the way he walked away I was sure he had heard me,

"Crystal."