Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Wishes and Dreams ❯ Wishes and Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of the troopers.
 
 
 
 
 
Wishes and Dreams
By: wingsofsakon
 
Pale fingertips caressed water at a pond that was quietly hidden just through the woods. This was a place of seclusion and peace away from the chaos that was always outside his world. In this place everything was simpler and so calming. Shin lay there at the edge of the water letting his fingertips lazily tease some Koi that were planted a few years before. He watched them in a quiet wonder.
 
They were so graceful, quiet, unique and well formed. It was amazing how nothing really mattered to them the way things did to him. So close to being a part of a group and yet so set aside and different. This seemed to be all too familiar. He sat up and looked around: knowing that the mansion was just beyond the trees. It was so late now and yet no one would be worried. Shin sighed and smiled at the water looking up at him.
 
It was so inviting. It waited to embrace him and caress his worries and concerns away. It called to him as it did so many times before. His soul mate of nature: called to him and promised a cool relaxing moment of peace. Shin carefully found his way in and instantly felt a soothing over take him. A soft smile slide across his face as he let himself relax.
 
And for a moment let his imagination run wild. With what his one wish would be. That when he returned some one would notice, anyone. This time-Touma. Yes, he would notice his arrival for once. Instead of a quick hello as he walked by. He would be greeted with warm arms and a passionate kiss. This was sweet memory in the making. This connection that was so tight and binding kept them all so close to his heart. But not one had ever known, he was always last to be noticed if at all.
 
That tender touch of intense intellect as if a cool breeze over calm waters. Was one of a few imaginings he thought of more than a few times. Shin felt ache through his chest as usually happened when he realized his wish was just that. He sat up letting the water run off of him deciding to return to the building.
 
Finding his way back to the house. It was black and quiet. Instinctively he knew that every one had either gone to bed or was tucked away in their rooms getting ready to be. So he quietly made his way up to his room but stopped by the Archer's door.
 
It was silent. He could hear his own breath and the stillness filling the house. He wanted to open the door but fought with himself. He shouldn't wake him…. But he needed to. No, he wanted to. Wanting to retract he scared himself when the door opened by his own hand. With the voice inside making him jump.
 
“Is there something wrong?” Touma asked almost asleep.
 
Shin shook his head and answered. “..No.. “
 
A moment went by before Touma sat up. “Come in… tell me what's wrong.“
 
Shin found himself stepping side and shutting the door.
 
“I didn't mean to wake you. I don't know what's wrong with me tonight.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I don't want to go, but I just… can't get rid of this feeling.” Shin said as he sat at the others side.
Touma looked at him a moment in the light darkness. Something seemed off and made him feel concerned about the water warrior.
 
“What feeling?” Touma asked carefully.
 
“Distance… I am so far away from everyone. I know no one means it, but I feel so… distant from everyone. Why wont anyone let me in?”
 
“You mean… we have been keeping left out?” Touma was trying to interpret.
 
Shin nodded in response.
 
“It's simple… look at me… “ Touma said as he slid a hand through the others hair. “When you have found something special… you don't just paw and use it up like everything else. You put it aside… and love it from afar.”
 
“I don't want to be on the side. What's so wrong about loving me the way everyone else shows it with another? Isn't my bond as good as theirs… or is it something else? I come to you because you have answers… I need answers Touma.”
 
Touma was quiet a moment.
 
“I gave you the answer Shin. You think its easy just staying away from you? Its not. I can't speak for everyone else but I have to fight with myself every day. Do you know how much it hurts when you take off for a few days with some one? Wishing it was me instead of some stranger who doesn't even come close to understanding what it really means to be tied to some one. I gave you the answer… I can't make something up like that. What else is there Shin?”
 
“Take me off the shelf… love me. Be that person I need to be with. Show me the bond we have is more than something mortally felt. You think not touching me keeps me? It's the wrong direction. Why do you and the others always makes things so difficult? I just need to be needed.”
 
“You are needed.”
 
“Not the way I want to be. Hold me… can you at least do that? Can you pretend just for tonight that maybe… it's okay. Because if you don't there's no reason to stay anymore.”
 
“What-what are you talking about, Shin? Are you planning on leaving the group? Think about this we need you. You can't just up and leave us like that… “
 
“I don't know what I was thinking… I am sorry I brought it up.” Shin said as he got up. “I am sorry I woke you Touma… let's forget about this, okay?” Shin asked softly examining his friend's expression. “… I am not leaving, I am always going to be with you.” He added.
 
Touma let his hands clasp to the slender hips of his friend and pulled him closer. “You, worry me.” The archer said with care as he searched through emerald eyes. “It wouldn't be right to let you leave right now. Just stay with me tonight… Okay?”
 
Shin wasn't sure if this was true and Touma could tell there was hesitation. So the Archer rested his forehead on the other's waist softly. It was the tender touch that slid through his blue locks that soothed away any doubts of an answer. Touma caressed a side carefully and pale fingertips slid across his neck leaving a cool refreshing trail behind them. In a nervous confidence Touma let his lips nip at Shin's belt line. Getting a quiet whimper in response. Touma lifted his head to look at the other. Finding him in a new state with his eyes closed.
 
Touma slide a hand to his back and pulled gently. “Come here… “
 
Shin nodded as he straddled him quietly. And just as he found a comfortable position he was met with those lips he so admired. Suddenly finding him self lost in touches this was like a wish come true. This was all he really ever wanted…
 
Everything was a faded flash of white. As if in an instant everything swung in another direction. Warmth and tenderness was washed away with freezing bitterness. The sound of noise settled to the knowledge of splashes and voices of distress. But one thing was welcome… the familiar arms of the Archer around him. Keeping slight warmth in now just noise. This wasn't right…
 
Cries and panic filled his ears as it muffled to quietness. But in an instant everything, the chaos, stillness, spinning, the aching cold… stopped with a whisper.
 
“You said you weren't leaving… “ Touma said as he held a limp body tightly.
 
When some wishes, some dreams… come true. They are often a twisted version of reality.