Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Love Reincarnate ❯ Ready For Tonight ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Love Reincarnate
A Rurouni Kenshin Alternate Universe Fic
By: Serenity-chan

Chapter 5:
Ready For Tonight

"Come on! Come on! Come ON!!" screeched Nanaka and Tomo, trying to forcibly pull Midori out of her closet.

"I will NOT!" Midori screeched back. "I look STUPID!"

"You look great!" hollered Nanaka.

"You haven't seen me!" yelled Midori, yanking her arms out of their grasp and slamming the closet door shut.

Nanaka and Tomo looked at each other, then proceeded to pry the closet door clean off its hinges. Yomi, who was dressed in a black crop top with a glow-in-the-dark NecoConeco on the front of it, a hot pink miniskirt - forced on her by Tomo - and a pair of white Converse's, sighed. Her long brown hair was up in two pigtails and Tomo had confiscated her glasses. Sakaki looked over at Yomi and the two of them exchanged pained glances.

Sakaki had even more reason to sigh than Yomi. Her top was blood red leather and lace all the way up the sides. It stopped a few inches above her navel, accenting her slender waistline and drawing attention to her shorts. The item in question, her shorts, were daringly short - along the lines of Faye Valentine - and jet black leather. Also in the style of Faye Valentine were the stockings that stopped below the hem of her shorts. Knee-high stilletto-heel boots in red leather accentuated her shapely legs. Her hair hung loose down her back. A blush stained her face and would NOT go down.

'Why did I let Tomo talk me into this?' she thought vaguely.

Osaka was dressed in a short black dress with calf-length white boots. She looked like a bad reject from the 60's, white eyeshadow included. She had dressed herself copying one of her mom's old fashion magazines. Her hair hung straight as it always did. She looked braindead as always too.

Nanaka and Tomo finally managed to drag Midori out of her closet. Both of them stood back and shoved her in front of her full-length mirror. Midori's jaw dropped. She had been handed a bundle of clothes and told to put them on. Until she started dressing, she had no clue what she would be wearing.

She looked amazing. Her dress was a Chinese chi pao, sleeveless and black with silver embroidered tigers. Silver-trimmed slits opened up to her hips. The rest of it laced up like Sakaki's top with silver ribbons. The back was black netting, down to the point of very nearly being indecent. Silver stilletto heels made her feet look small and slender. She looked stunning, even though she had wet hair and no makeup on... That was about to change...

Nanaka and Tomo picked their jaws up off the floor and swarmed over Midori. Her eyes widened as they sat her down in front of Sakaki's makeup mirror. Nanaka started on the base, then turned and grabbed the silver nail polish away from Tomo.

"Alright, base done," said Nanaka. "Eyeliner?"

"Check," Midori replied promptly, having been through Nanaka's make-up routine several times.

"Black or brown?" asked Nanaka.

"Black," Midori said immediately, figuring they would want her dark and dramatic.

"Check?" asked Nanaka, showing her the eyeliner.

"Check," Midori said, closing her eyes and trying not to wince.

"Eyeliner done," Nanaka declared. "Eye shadow?"

"Check," Midori responded, blinking rapidly to get used to the strange feeling of eyeliner.

"Bright silver or dark silver?" asked Nanaka.

"Uh... Bright," Midori decided, pointing to a sparkling shade that matched the embroidery in her dress.

"Check?" asked Nanaka, holding up the eye shadow just to be sure.

"Check!" declared Midori, closing her eyes.

Nanaka bit her lip in concentration as she worked on the silver eye shadow.

"Eye shadow done," she said in a playful-businesslike tone. "Lip color?"

"Check," Midori said automatically.

"Red or pink?" asked Nanaka, holding up a wide variety of shades.

"Pink," I said firmly.

Alright, so she was still an innocent little girl at heart.

"Pick one," said Nanaka, holding up more shades of pink than Midori knew existed.

She pointed to a soft dusty-rose shade.

"Nice choice," agreed Nanaka. "Check?"

"Definitely," Midori replied emphatically.

"What do you say?" asked Nanaka, her tone jokingly ominous.

"Check," Midori said in monotone.

"Good girl," said Nanaka, patting Midori's shoulder.

Midori stayed as still as she possibly could as her best friend did her lips in dusty rose.

"Lip color done," Nanaka said finally. "Check?"

"Check!" Midori said happily.

"Mirror check?" asked Tomo.

"Check!" Nanaka and Midori echoed at the same time.

Midori's sparkling eyes widened as she stared at her reflection. Her hair was still damp, but she still looked like a different person. She barely recognized herself. If it weren't for her striking violet eyes, she would have said she was someone else.

"Damn..." she said softly.

"And this is it!" announced Tomo. "Let's go GET 'EM!"

"Poor Chiyo-chan doesn't get to go..." said Osaka.

"Chiyo-chan in one of these clubs!?" shrieked Yomi. "Ugh..."

The girls gave a collective shudder and headed for the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Souzou was being pushed as well.

"Souzou, come out of there!" demanded Reichi, banging on the door of the bedroom.

"No!" hollered Souzou.

Souzou thought he looked absolutely ridiculous in tight black jeans, a black sleeveless shirt and an open white dress shirt. He had outright refused to get rid of his red bandanna or wear an ear cuff. He thought jewelry on a man looked so incredibly gay that he couldn't think about it.

"Get out of MY room or I'll break this goddamn door down!" yelled Reichi.

"You do that!" snapped Souzou.

"Once I get you out of there, I'm going to lock you out of this room in your underwear!" threatened Reichi.

"Well THAT gives me a lot of incentive to come out!" retorted Souzou.

"How about I get that chick across the hall to come get you out!" yelled Reichi.

Souzou froze.

"You wouldn't..." he growled.

"Oh wouldn't I?" snarled Reichi.

There was a very pregnant pause from the other side of the door before Souzou unlocked the door and scowled at his friend out of the crack.

"I'll kill you later," he threatened as he shoved past Reichi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls had heard the whole thing.

"Well, shall we?" asked Tomo, making a big production of throwing the door open.

Everyone shook their heads and followed the ever-enthusiastic duo that was Tomo and Nanaka out the door.