Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Disaster? ❯ Old Enemies And Intimate Moments ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disaster?
A Rurouni Kenshin Self-Insertion Fic
By: Serenity-chan and K-chan

Chapter 3:
Old Enemies and Intimate Moments

Kenshin and Ashley walked for a while without saying a word. Ashley was very worried about Nicole. Could she be with Captain Sagara? If not, then where was she? Why had the two of them gotten thrown back in time, to this particular place? Ashley had become convinced that maybe the two girls were sent back to help the people that they landed with. Ashley shivered from the cold of the Japanese winter and looked over at Kenshin.

Kenshin looked back at her briefly, but then looked away, deep in thought. Why was this girl having such an affect on him, he wondered. Perhaps she and her friend had been sent back in time for a reason. But what? And what was this talk of Anime series? What were those? As Kenshin pondered these thoughts, he heard Ashley emit a gasp.

"What is it?" he asked as he grasped his katana.

"It's..." Ashley stuttered. "Hajime Saitoh and Soushi Okita of the Shinsengumi!!"

Kenshin's eyes widened. The Shinsengumi were the greatest and most deadly of his enemies. He pulled out his katana.

"Stay back Ashley, I don't want you to get hurt!!" he yelled.

"Well Battousai, we meet again," Saitoh said with a smirk. "And who is this with you?"

"That's none of your buisness Saitoh," growled Kenshin. "I think you had better just concentrate on the battle ahead. I need to finish this quickly. I have better things to do than waste my time fighting with you."

Saitoh laughed.

"Well once I'm through with you, I guess you'll never have a chance to do those better things," he snarled.

"Kenshin be careful!!" yelled Ashley. "Saitoh is very dangerous!! But in the second season of your anime series, the two of you team up along with Sanosuke Sagara and Aoshi Shinomori to defeat Makoto Shishio. But up until then you two are enemies."

Kenshin and Saitoh looked at each other with disgust.

"Team up with him!?" they growled at he same time.

The two of them glared at each other for a moment.

"Team up with him!?!" yelled Kenshin. "Never!!!"

"Well it's never going to happen because I'm going to kill you right now. Die Battousai!!!" yelled Saitoh.

Saitoh attempted to attack with the Gatotsu, but Kenshin dodged it.

"I think you've got it wrong," said Kenshin."We're never going to team up because, you're going to die. Now."

Kenshin's words angered Saitoh, and he once again attacked with the Gatotsu. And for once actually hit Kenshin on the shoulder. But Kenshin didn't fall.

"You'd better say goodbye to that girl over there Battousai, because in this battle the Shinsengumi will prevail!!!" yelled Saitoh triumphantly.

Kenshin gave Saitoh a dirty look.

"I don't think so. For I will fight for the end for the Imperialists, in order to make Japan a better place for the people of this country!!!" cried Kenshin. "And for that reason you are not allowed to win. Hiten Mitsurugi style Ryu Tsui Sen!!"

Kenshin flew up into the air and hit Saitoh on the back. Saitoh flew back into a tree.

"Get up Saitoh. I don't have time for this," growled Kenshin.

As Saitoh stood up, he spat out a tooth.

"Do you think you've won just because one attack was sucsessful Battousai?" yelled Saitoh.

As both men raised their swords, a loud coughing noise came from behind them. It was Okita. He suffered from very severe tuberculosis. Saitoh looked back at Okita with concern on his face. He sheathed his sword.

"Well Battousai it seems that our duel had been delayed. Your life has been spared for now," he conceded.

"And so has yours Saitoh," said Kenshin in a hard voice.

And with that Saitoh helped Okita off into the darkness, and everything was as silent as it had been before the battle.

Kenshin turned back toward Ashley with his hand clasping his shoulder.

"Here let me help you with that," said Ashley. "I'm good at taking care of wounds. I have two little nephews and they always are running around and scraping their knees."

"No. I can do it," said Kenshin, but Ashley could tell he was in pain.

"No," she said firmly, "Sit down. I'll do it."

Kenshin did as he was told. He handed Ashley the bandages he kept for these sort of things. Ashley lifted his gi from where the wound was and cleaned it. Then she bandaged it.

"There you go," she smiled. "Good as new."

"Thank you," said Kenshin as he moved to get up.

As he got up, his hand went on top of Ashley's hand. But for a moment he didn't move it, but stared straight into Ashley's dark brown eyes. Ashley stared straight back into Kenshin's eyes and found that flecks of violet had appeared in them as he looked at her. The two smiled at each other.

"Well we'd better get going," Kenshin said gruffly, breaking off the intimate moment.

'Am I really falling in love with Ashley?' he wondered.

Next to him,Ashley was wondering the very same thing. Kenshin seemed to be warming up to her. A lot. But ony time would tell.