Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Disaster? ❯ Enemy In The Night ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disaster?
A Rurouni Kenshin Self-Insertion Fic
By: Serenity-chan

Chapter 7
Enemy of the night


As Kenshin and Ashley were sleeping with Ashley's head on Kenshin's shoulder, and Kenshin's arms wrapped around Ashley, a man came upon them. And this just happened to be a physcotic, red eyed, evil man by the name of Jinei Udo.

"Well, well, if it isn't Battousai the manslayer. And that must be his woman next to him."

The man laughed psychotically. This was a man who was always switching sides during the revoulution. He killed both friend and foe just so he could see their blood. He didn't kill for a reason, he killed because he loved the smell and color of blood. He was both psychotic and evil. Not a good combination. Both Kenshin and Ashley awoke at the sound of Jinei's maniacal laugh. Ashley gasped. She knew who this man was, and she knew he was incredibly dangerous. Kenshin knew who the man was too. And at the sight of him, anger flared in his heart. He had absoulutely no respect for this man.

"What do you want Jinei?" Kenshin asked in a voice as cold and hard as ice.

His eyes turned immediatley back to amber.

"All I want is an amusing fight. I haven't had one in a while," Jinei snickered. "And then I spotted you. So why don't you stand up and fight me, Mr. Himura Battousai, strongest of the imperialists!!"

As Kenshin stood up to confromt Jinei, Ashley grabbed his hand. Kenshin looked back at her with those amber eyes.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Its just... oh Kenshin please be careful!!!" begged Ashley.

Kenshin stared.

That man is very dangerous!!!" Ashley said, her voice shaking.

"Don't worry Ashley, I'll be okay," he told her. "You just stay here."

Right before he walked off to confront Jinei, he gave Ashley a quick kiss on the lips and squeezed her hand.

"Trust me," he whispered.

He turned to face Jinei.

"You are a disloyal piece of scum who dosen't deserve to live." Kenshin growled. "You don't fight to help Japan, you fight because you enjoy it. And that I cannot allow!! Hiten Mitsurugi style, Doryusen!!"

Kenshin's sword hit Jinei right in the shoulder. Jinei fell , but got up rather quickly after being hit with an attack of such magnitude. Ashley saw the crazed look in Jinei's eyes. She knew he would do just about anything to deafeat Kenshin. Suddenly she just couldn't stand it anymore. She was so afraid for Kenshin's life. Just as Jinei's sword came around to attack Kenshin, Ashley stood up and moved between the two of them. And Jinei' s sword, instead of hitting Kenshin, slammed into Ashley's side. Ashley gasped with pain and fell to the ground, blood pouring from her wound. Kenshin stared at Ashley's still form.

"Jinei!!! You could have stopped that attack before it hit her!!!!" he screamed. " Your battle is with me, not this girl!!"

Jinei laughed.

"I know I could have stopped it," Jinei replied coolly. "But I saw how much you cared for the girl, so I toyed with her a bit."

He laughed evilly.

Kenshin shot Jinei a look of pure hatred and knelt down by Ashley. Ashley looked up at Kenshin with eyes full of pain.

"I'm sorry Kenshin. I was just trying to help," she said quietly.

"Shhhh... I know. It's okay. I'll take care of you," he said with a deep sadness in his voice.

Jinei smirked.

"Well Battousai it seems that you are to preoccupied with this girl for this to be an interesting fight anymore. Pity. Oh well I don't feel like being bored, so we'll just leave this battle undecided. Until we meet again Battousai," Jinei said as he began to walk away.

Then he turned around.

"Oh and Battousai, I suggest you get that girl somewhere where she can be treated or she'll bleed to death," Jinei laughed evilly before dissapearing in to the darkness, hid red eyes aglow.

Kenshin turned back to Ashley. She was indeed losing a lot of blood. He had to get her somewhere very quickly. He began to run.

"Kenshin what's going on? Why are you running?" Ashley asked in a half-conscious daze.

Kenshin didn't want to say anyting to frighten her, so he said:

"Oh, I just needed a run, and you looked tired so I decided to carry you."

Ashley's eyes lingered on Kenshin's face.

"I love you Kenshin," Ashley whispered softly.

"I love you too," Kenshin whispered as he hugged Ashley to him.

Ashley ran her fingers through Kenshin's hair before becoming completely unconscious in his arms.

"Ashley!!!" Kenshin screamed in agony. "Wake up!!"

A single tear ran down Kenshin's cheek. Was he going to lose the girl that he loved? The one person who brought light into his life? Just as this thought passed through his head, the sun began to rise, and he could see the Sekihoutai camp in the distance. It would be about midnight until they got there though. Ashley groaned and Kenshin ran faster.

"Hang on Ashley, my love. We'll be there soon," he told her. "Just please hang on!!!"

Kenshin ran with godlike speed, his red ponytail blowing in the wind as he kissed Ashley on the cheek.