Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ 40 Winks ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

40 Winks
 
 
 
“How long is preparing for a test going to take?” Robins asked. Watanabe Sensei had drawn a circle on the ground with powder. A six-point star was in the middle of the circle, along with strange archaic symbols.
 
“KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON YA PUNK KID!” Watanabe yelled in a surprisingly rough tone. “Summoning a creature is harder than it looks.”
 
Watanabe touched a match to the powder, and all the symbols were set ablaze. The fire suddenly went out, and all was calm. “The spirit is here!” Watanabe cried out. “I told you this spell would work!”
 
Robins looked around. “I don't see a spirit.” He said. “OF COURSE NOT YOU NINNY!” Watanabe yelled. “It's a spirit. It will find the student we wish to test, and the fun will begin.”
 
 
 
Luffy ran around a forest. He reached into a tree and took out a leg of lamb. “I'm in the Land of Meat!He said. “Yay!”
 
A rabbit hopped up to Luffy and took a plate out from behind its back. On the plate were thousands of types of meat. Luffy squealed with delight.
 
Sanji walked up to Luffy. “I've decided three meals a day isn't enough!” Sanji said. “From now on, there will be seventeen!” Luffy began doing a little dance. Then he stared closely at Sanji. “When'd you get a mustache?” Luffy asked.
 
“This is your dream.” Sanji explained. “Anything can happen here.” An alarm went off, and Sanji looked at the watch on his third arm. “Whoops!” His second mouth said. “I missed my train!” A giant squirrel with a saddle ran up, and Sanji jumped on.
 
Luffy picked a flower. He gasped when he saw what was there. A face was coming out of the flower. “I am ZZZZ….” The face said. “You're ZZZZ…?” Luffy asked.
 
The face nodded. “Yes, my name is ZZZZ…. I wanted my name to be Sandman, or Dreamer, but it had to be ZZZZ….” He said.
 
ZZZZ… had no nose, and his eyes were deep and sunken. Luffy tried to shake hands, but that can't really be done with a flower. “I am the spirit of sleep.” ZZZZ… said. “I have been sent to torture you. Each time you go to sleep, a person you know will be dragged into the dream world, specifically The Realm of Forever-Sleep.”
 
Luffy looked confused. “What's that mean?” Luffy asked. “IT MEANS YOU'LL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!” ZZZZ… yelled.
 
“Whatever.” Luffy said. “This is just a dream. It's not like it will really happen.” ZZZZ… laughed evilly. “Then wake up and find out…” He said.
 
 
 
Luffy woke up suddenly. He looked around in hunger and looked at the clock. It was Sunday, so he didn't have to worry about sleeping in. He closed his eyes to go back to sleep, but then he heard a scream.
 
Luffy woke his roommates, Jamie and Naruto up and told them about the scream. “Shouldn't we run away from places with screaming?” Jamie asked. Naruto kicked him in the butt, and that was all the persuasion he needed.
 
They ran to Jeremy's room and saw that one of the beds was empty. “What happened?” Naruto asked. Jeremy shook his head. “I don't know.” He said. “I woke up to a scream, and I saw Chumley's bed was empty. He's only been here for two weeks, but I know he sleeps in on the weekend.”
 
Monkey walked into the room with a cup of coffee. “I'd be happier if you guys go missing after I've had my coffee.” He said as he took a gulp. He threw the cup away and left the room.
 
 
 
“Got to stay awake.” Luffy said. His eyes were sagging and he was drooping. He had told everyone what he had dreamed, and they recommended he shouldn't sleep until they found a cure.
 
Luffy closed his eyes. “A little nap won't hurt.” He thought as he went to sleep. “Again?” A voice in his head asked. “You're not very determined.” Luffy woke up and rubbed his head.
 
 
 
Luffy was tired as he walked into Kenshin's class. He took his seat next to Ping and looked around. Kenshin was nowhere to be seen.
 
Enforcer walked into the class with a serious expression on his face. “I have unfortunate news.” He said. “Kenshin disappeared last night. I will be substituting for him.” Luffy had a look of terror in his eyes. “ZZZZ… claims another victim!” He thought.
 
Luffy's eyes began drooping. He was going to sleep! Luckily, the sound of Enforcer slapping a ruler on Luffy's desk kept him awake. “No sleeping in class Luffy.” He said.
 
 
 
It was the middle of the night, and Luffy was standing outside. Omi was beside him holding a bucket. “Now, we are about to begin a very difficult training technique to keep you awake.” Omi said. “It is called, Soak the Face With Ice-Cold Water!”
 
“Soak the--?” Luffy was cut short by Omi throwing all the water in the bucket at his face. Omi took out his signature Shen Gong Wu. “Orb of Tornami!” He yelled, and ice-cold water poured out of the orb and into the bucket.
 
A projector shoved the bucket out of Omi's hands and it began rolling away. “Come back bucket!” Omi yelled as he chased it. “I do not wish to harm you!”
 
Joe and Coop ran up to the projector. Joe was carrying a screen to watch the movie on. He set up the screen and Coop began to roll the film. “This'll keep you awake!” Joe said.
 
Luffy's eyelids got heavier and heavier as the movie rolled. “Maybe we're not doing this right.” Coop said. He turned the projector around so it was now shining directly into Luffy's eyes.
 
Luffy screamed as the intense light slowly burned his eyes out. Suddenly, the bucket flew off a rock and landed on the projector. The extra weight caused the projector to roll away.
 
Omi was chasing after the overhead with the bucket on it. “BUCKET!” He yelled as he ran. Joe and Coop joined the chase. “MOVIE!” They both screamed.
 
 
 
Luffy was now in the cafeteria with Ping and Pong. “This is special Chinese Coffee!” Lilo said as she carried numerous cups of coffee to Luffy. “Why's it special?” Luffy asked. “Cause it's from Hawaii.” Lilo answered.
 
After drinking seven cups of coffee, Luffy was no less tired than he was before. “Any ideas Ping?” Lilo asked. Pong grabbed a cup and took the lid off. He threw the entire contents of the cup into Luffy's eyes.
 
Luffy began to writhe in agony while Stitch drank coffee. Suddenly, the projector rolled in and smashed into the coffee. The coffee was now all over the projector.
 
Omi chased after the projector. “BUCKET!” He was followed by Joe and Coop. “MOVIE!” Ping joined in the chase. “COFFEE!” He said. Pong chased after him. “PING!” He screamed.
 
 
 
Luffy was almost asleep by the time he was in the gym. Robin placed a training dummy in front of him. “Punch the dummy as hard as you can.” Robin said.
 
Luffy gave an incredibly weak punch due to his lack of sleep. Robin tsk-tsked his wimpitude and was about to show him the correct technique when the projector rolled in and crashed into the dummy, so the dummy was now riding on it.
 
Omi, Coop, Joe, Stitch, and Lilo came chasing after it with there constant cries of “BUCKET!” “MOVIE!” “COFFEE!” “PING!” Robin chased after them while yelling, “DUMMY!”
 
 
 
Starfire blasted Luffy with one of her Starbolts. “Are you wide awake?” She asked happily. “No.” Luffy said. “But I think I'm dead.” He put his hand on his heart to check and shook his head. “Not yet.”
 
Starfire blasted him again, and then got run over by the projector. She then got trampled by the idiots chasing it who were screaming “BUCKET!” “MOVIE!” “COFFEE!” “PING!” “DUMMY!” Starfire flew after them. “REVENGE!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.
 
 
 
Nami waved a piece of meat in front of Luffy's eyes. “Stay awake…” She chanted. “Stay awake…” Luffy stretched out his neck and bit Nami's hand so hard, she let go of the meat. He bent down and swallowed the meat.
 
Nami decided sighed and took out a bag of money. “Look,” she said, “I don't want to do this, but I also don't want to get dragged into the dream world. I will… p-p-pay you to not sleep.”
 
The projector crashed through the wall and suddenly, but not surprisingly, hit the bag so the bag was now riding with the dummy. The idiots soon followed screaming, “BUCKET!” “MOVIE!” “COFFEE!” “PING!” “DUMMY!” “REVENGE!” Nami joined the chase while screaming, “MONEY!” Then Windbreaker and Sanji were chasing as well. “HOT GIRLS!”
 
 
 
Luffy walked into his bedroom. It was no use. He couldn't not sleep! Just as he was about to pull back the covers, Monkey came in. “Getting up just in time for class? That's not like you.” He said. Luffy decided not to waste his time and put the cover back down. “Just making my bed.”
 
 
 
Luffy walked into Bo-BoBo's HHHH class. (Hero-Hair-Health-Care) He realized he was the only one there. “Where is everyone?” He asked. “They're all chasing that projector with the dummy, coffee, money, and bucket on it.” Bo-BoBo said.
 
Luffy slammed his head on the desk repeatedly to stay awake. This was terrible!
 
 
 
Five weeks later, Naruto decided to go to the Raven Dorm. He wanted to spy on the bad guys and, if possible, take embarrassing photos. He decided to start with Jack Spicer's room.
 
Jack was with X.A.N.A., A-Naruto, and A-Kenshin. He was showing them Shen Gong Wu that could be helpful. “This one's called the Shadow of Fear!” Jack said. “It can let you travel into people's dreams and take stuff out!”
 
Naruto was startled by the sheer convenience of what Jack had just said. A-Naruto slapped the Shen Gong Wu out of Jack's hands. “Why would we need this?” He asked. The Shadow of Fear rolled over to Naruto, who grabbed it and ran away.
 
 
 
The Teen Titans were all standing in front of Luffy. Windbreaker was holding the Shadow of Fear. “How does this thing work?” Robin asked. “The cheese-head at our dorm said you just say the name.” Cyborg said.
 
All the Titans held hands. “Okay.” Windbreaker said. “Shadow of Fear!” The group turned into small black dots as they flew into Luffy's ear.
 
 
 
Windbreaker looked around. “Wow.” He said. “This is Luffy's brain. It's really vacant here!” Cyborg nodded. “Now where's this ZZZZ… guy?” He asked.
 
“Who dares enter my domain?” A voice asked. Four red eyes appeared in the darkness. “Trigon?” Beast Boy asked. The four eyes closed, and when they opened there were only two, not red eyes.
 
Trigon stepped forwards; only he didn't have Trigon's face. He had ZZZZ…'s face. Windbreaker laughed. “Lame-o was his name-o!” He said. ZZZZ… stepped on him.
 
“WINDBREAKER!” Robin yelled. “What?” Windbreaker asked. He was standing right next to Robin. “I just imagined myself over here, and I was. Over here.”
 
Cyborg slapped his forehead. “Oh, duh!” He exclaimed. “This is a dream world, right? That means if we dream it, we can do it!” “Talk about cliché!” Beast Boy said.
 
The group huddled together. They began to imagine. The R-Cycle, T-Car, and T-Sub all appeared. Cyborg and Windbreaker jumped in the car; Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire got into the sub: and Robin jumped on his motorcycle.
 
They all began heading towards one location. “Can we stop for ice-cream?” Windbreaker asked Cyborg. “No.” Cyborg answered, as he pushed a button on the dashboard. All the other Titans pushed buttons as well.
 
Cyborg's car suddenly split in half. Mechanical parts that formed the legs and groin of a person connected it. The fronts of the car changed so they were now the feet.
 
The jet parts of the T-Sub had something coming out of them. They were arms. The T-Sub connected with the T-Car.
 
The R-Cycle's front moved forwards so they covered Robin and formed a face. The R-Cycle flew on top of the T-Sub. The vehicles now all looked like a giant robot. “Titans…” Robin began, “…together!”
 
Windbreaker laughed. “So The Titans Go Bot 5 isn't a myth!” He yelled in excitement. Windbreaker pushed a button in the T-Sub. (Cause that's where everybody was) The hand of the robot popped inside and a sonic cannon blasted ZZZZ….
 
ZZZZ… got up. “You think you can defeat me?” He asked. He dropped onto his knees and started begging. “Well you're right! I'm a wimp! Don't hurt me! I've got money!”
 
“You can return those innocent people from the Realm of Forever-Sleep!” Robin said. ZZZZ… looked confused. “Did I say Realm of Forever-Sleep?” He asked. “I meant the Realm of Your Wildest Fantasies!”
 
The Titans Go Bot 5 disappeared. Robin's mouth hung open. “You mean, they were never in any danger?!?” He asked. ZZZZ… nodded. “Yep.” He said. “I'm always getting the Realm of Forever-Sleep and the Realm of Your Wildest Fantasies mixed up.”
 
Windbreaker smiled. “Hey, it was BB who hit you with that sonic blast.” He said. “Can you send me to the Realm of Your Wildest Fantasies?” Robin shook his head. “I don't even want to know what your wildest fantasies are.” He said.
 
 
 
“Good morning!” Robin said to Luffy. “More like good morning, good night, good morning, good night, and good morning!” Beast Boy added. “You slept for three days!”
 
Luffy nodded. “Thanks guys.” He said. He looked around, noticing Windbreaker was gone. “Where's your perverted friend?” He asked. Robin shrugged. “We haven't seen him since we left your brain.” He answered.
 
 
 
Windbreaker stepped out of the bathroom in Luffy's brain. “Guys?” He asked. “Where are you? It took me a while, but I'm finally done!” He realized they'd left and started walking around. “I wonder if I can still talk ZZZZ… into that trip…”
 
 
Next Time: Nexus Academy Grande Prix: What A-Naruto's Got!