Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Nexus Academy Grande Prix: Dark World Duel ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Nexus Academy Grande Prix:
Dark World Duel
 
 
 
“Welcome to another match in the Nexus Academy Grande Prix.” Homer yelled from the ring. “The next match is Jay Armstrong,” Jay walked into the ring with his duel disc strapped on.
 
Aria cheered louder than anyone in the audience. “GO JAY!” She yelled. “Could you scream a little louder?” Raven, who was sitting right next to her, asked. “I can still hear myself think.”
 
“Versus,” Homer continued, “Yugi Muto!” Yugi walked on stage. The cheers were louder than they'd been for Jay. Yugi's Millennium Puzzle began to glow. Yugi had switched places with the Pharaoh.
 
Homer held up his arms. “Begin the duel!” He said. Jay smiled. “I'll start things off.” He said. He drew a card. “I play the magic card, Graceful Charity!” Jay said as he played the card. “I get to draw three cards, but then I have to discard two.”
 
Jay drew three cards and sent two to the graveyard. Suddenly, two monsters appeared on the field. “Meet the two monsters I just discarded.” Jay said. “Sillva, Warlord of Dark World and Golld, Wu-Lord of Dark World.
 
“See, when these cards are discarded by a card effect, they come back to the field.” Jay explained. “Now I summon Brron, Mad King of Dark World.” Jay played the hideous monster and ended his turn.
 
Yugi drew a card. “I'll summon Obnoxious Celtic Guard!” Yugi said as he played the monster. “Next, I'll equip him with Sword of the Deep-Seated. I'll play a card face down, and that will end my turn.”
 
Jay drew a card. “I play the magic card, Eternal Rest!” Jay threw the card down on the field, and Obnoxious Celtic Guard was destroyed. “With Eternal Rest, I can destroy all monsters on the field with equip cards on them.
 
“Now, I'll have Brron, Mad King of Dark World attack you directly.” Jay said. “With Tyranny Tornado!” Brron began spinning round and round. The chains he carried flew out everywhere and struck Yugi. Yugi lost 1800 life-points.
 
“When Brron does battle damage, I can discard a card from my hand.” Jay said. “And so I will. Now meet the card I discarded: Brrow, Huntsman of Dark World. When he's discarded, I get to draw one card.
 
“Now,” Jay said. “I'll attack you with Golld.” Golld rose into the air and began to dive-bomb Yugi. “Sinister Cannonball!” Jay yelled. “I activate my trap!” Yugi said. “Negate Attack!” “I know what it does.” Jay said. “It negates my attack and ends my Battle Phase.”
 
Yugi drew a card. “I'll summon Queen's Knight, in defense mode.” Yugi said. “And play a card face down. That should end my turn.”
 
Jay drew a card. “I summon Scarr, Scout of Dark World.” Jay said. “And I'll activate my trap!” Yugi said. “Torrental Tribute! I can only activate this card when a monster's summoned. With it, I can destroy all face up monsters on the field.”
 
Jay frowned. “I'll play two cards face-down and end my turn.” He said. Yugi drew a card. “My move.” He said. “I play the magic card, Card of Sanctity!” “I activate a trap!” Jay said. “It's called Dark Deal. By paying 1000 life points, I can change the effect of one normal spell card to `your opponent discards one card from their hand'.”
 
Jay discarded a card, and the familiar form of Golld, Wu-Lord of Dark World appeared. Yugi smiled. “Not bad.” He said. “I'll summon Giant Soldier of Stone in defense mode and end my turn.”
 
“Okay, my turn.” Jay said. “I sacrifice Golld to summon Needle Burrower!” Golld disappeared and a mechanical scorpion appeared on the field. “Next, I activate the magic card Pot of Greed! Now I can draw two cards.
 
“I'll finish things off by equipping Needle Burrower with Axe of Despair. This raises his attack points by 1000.” The robot scorpion was now holding an axe in one of its claws.
 
“Now, Needle Burrower,” Jay said, “attack with Cyber Venom!” Needle Burrower stabbed Giant Soldier of Stone with its tail. The soldier exploded and Yugi lost 2000 life points. “When Needle Burrower destroys a monster, you lose 500 life points times the level of the destroyed monster.” Jay said smugly.
 
Yugi drew a card. “I play three cards face down.” Yugi said. “Next, I play the spell card Emergency Provisions. By destroying spell or trap cards, I gain 1000 life points for each destroyed card. I choose all three.” Yugi's life points rose from 200 to 3200. “I'll play a card face down in defense mode and end my turn.”
 
Jay took a deep breath. “I play two cards face down and have my Needle Burrower destroy your face down card.” Jay said. Needle Burrower struck the face down card with its tail. “The card I played face down was Man-Eater Bug.” Yugi said. “I lose 1000 life points, but my monsters effect lets me destroy one of your monsters.”
 
A giant bug crawled out from under the facedown card and ate Needle Burrower. Then, it exploded. Jay growled. “Draw your card.” He said angrily.
 
Yugi drew a card and smiled smugly. “The Heart of the Cards is in my favor.” Yugi said. “He must be one of those new-age hippies.” Jay thought.
 
“I play Graceful Charity!” Yugi said. “With it, I can draw three cards, and discard two cards.” Yugi drew three cards and discarded two. “Next, I'll remove from play the two cards I just discarded.” Kuriboh and King's Knight appeared on the field, but quickly disappeared. “Now I summon Black Luster Soldier—Envoy of the Beginning!”
 
The new monster appeared on the field. “Now, Black Luster Soldier: Attack Jay directly!” Yugi said. “Big Bang Blade!” Black Luster Soldier sliced Jay with his sword.
 
Jay drew a card. “I activate a magic card!” Jay yelled. “Contract With the Abyss!
 
“Now, I can sacrifice monsters whose combined level equals eight or more.” Jay said. A black hole appeared in the middle of the field and a card was on each side of the hole.
 
Suddenly, the scale erupted into flame and the two cards went to the graveyard. “Now I can summon a dark ritual monster.” Jay said. “I'll summon Dark Master—Zork! Next, I can equip him with Axe of Despair to increase his attack by 1000!
 
“Now Zork!” Jay said. “Attack Black Luster Soldier! Spirit Slicer!” The evil tyrant raised his axe and slice Black Luster Soldier in the chest. The monster exploded, and Yugi lost 800 life points.
 
“My move.” Yugi said as he drew a card. “I'll play two cards face down, and summon Marauding Captain!” The soldier appeared on the field in defense mode. “With his special ability, I can summon one level four or lower warrior monster to the field. I choose Jack's knight!” Yugi played the knight in defense mode.
 
I've got the King of Games on defense!” Jay said. “My move.” He said as he drew a card. “I'll attack Marauding Captain with Zork! A Thousand Shadows!” The blast of dark energy hit Marauding Captain. “I activate my trap!” Yugi said. It's called Enchanted Javelin! This lets me gain life points equal to the attacking monster's attack points!” “Okay.” Jay said. “I'll end my turn.
 
Yugi smiled. “You're a good duelist, but I think it's time I end this.” He said. “First, I'll use Monster Reborn to bring back my Black Luster Soldier. Then, I'll use his special effect, which lets me remove one monster on the field from play. I choose Dark Master -- Zork!”
 
Zork disappeared in a blinding flash of light. “Now,” Yugi said, “I sacrifice Jack's Knight and Black Luster Soldier to summon my Dark Magician!” Both monsters disappeared in two swirling tornados and Yugi's trademark monster appeared on the field.
 
“Now, Dark Magician, attack!” Yugi said. “Dark Magic Attack!” Everything turned black for a moment, and Jay was about to lose. “I activate my trap!” Jay said. “Self-Destruct Button!”
 
“I can only activate this if my life points are 7000 less than yours. Thanks to Enchanted Javelin, they are. Now both our life points drop to zero.”
 
“What just happened?” Luffy asked in the stands. “It was a draw.” Jaden answered.
 
“That it was.” Homer said. “In the event of a draw, or I believe the loser put up a good fight, or the loser gains style points through style fighting, both players move on.”
 
Jay smiled and walked away. “I never expected to win.” He thought. “That trap was one of the first ones I played. Oh well. At least I'll continue to compete.
 
 
 
Luffy ran up to the message board. “Wow!” He said. “I'm in the next match!” Luffy said. Zolo walked up to the board. “This should be good.” He said. The match was Luffy versus A-Luffy.
 
 
Next Time: Attack of the Musical