Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Attack of the Musical! ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Attack of the Musical!
 
 
 
Raging Koala: Fear me and my musicals! Please review!
 
 
 
“Attention!” Dean said over the PA system. “This is reminder: we're still looking for people to audition for our school musical: Our School Musical.”
 
“Puh-leez!” Haru said. “Who in their right mind would audition for a school musical?”
 
“I would!” Ussop said. Haru shook his head. “That wouldn't work. I said in their right mind. You're in your left mind. I mean wrong.”
 
“I should remind you,” Dean said, “the headmaster's friend, Simon Cowes, will be in the audience. If you do a good job, you could get famous and make many, many hundred-dollar bills.”
 
Haru's eyes lit up. “I'm going to be in that musical!” “Cool! Haru's insane, like I am!” Ussop said to himself.
 
 
 
Enforcer, Dean, and Monkey were all sitting at a table in front of the stage. “Another musical.” Enforcer said. “Dean, why can't you ever make a play about mimes?”
 
Three certain students ran on stage. “Ed, Edd, and Eddy?” Enforcer asked. “I forgot you went to this school.”
 
“How could anyone forget me?” Eddy asked. Enforcer sighed. “Oh, I remember you alright. That little stunt you and Ed pulled last year cost me my hair!”
 
“Yeah, whatever.” Eddy said. “Ed, play the drums on your gut. Double D, play the peddle-string guitar.” Edd sighed as he pulled out the instrument. “I deplore this instrument.”
 
Music began playing as Eddy grabbed the microphone. What no one saw him do, however, was turn on a tape player.
 
 
 
Eddy: (Lip-syncing)
Sun's up
I hit the floor
Clothes on
I'm out the door
Is this a clean shirt?
I think it was one
Yesterday
No plans
I'm on the phone
Free day
I've got my game on
Call my boys up
Spend a little time outside today
Never liked
Being in when I gotta be
Never liked
Being told who I gotta see
I make no commitment
So that must extract me
That's all right, see
I'm not coming in anymore
Everything I want in you
Is just outside this door
I'm not coming in anymore
Got to many friends on the outside
Plans on the outside
That don't include you
Spend a lot of time
Trying to convince me
My friends are
Two strikes against me
I swing for the fences
So that must make strike three
That's all right, see
I'm not coming in anymore
Everything I want in you
Is just outside this door
I'm not coming in anymore
Got to many friends on the outside
Plans on the outside
That don't include you
(Not coming in)
(I'm not coming in)
(No more)
 
 
 
“That was pretty good.” Enforcer said. “You have a real future in this business.” “I can be in singer?” Eddy asked. “No. I was talking about the lip-syncing. Next!”
 
 
 
Enforcer ran out of his room screaming. “I can't take it anymore!” Ussop walked out of Enforcer's room. “Was my audition really that bad?”
 
“I'm tired of everyone trying to get auditions out of me!” Enforcer grabbed Malcolm by the arm. “You're the new guy who's choosing people for the musical!”
 
Eddy gasped. “Guys! Did you just hear that?” “With Enforcer yelling like that it was hard not to, Eddy.” Double D said. “And your screaming isn't exactly helping me recuperate.”
 
“Oh!” Ed said. “I wanna yell! I wanna yell!” He inhaled deeply but his yell was interrupted by a familiar whining. “ED!”
 
Sara marched up to Ed and grabbed him by his neck. “I wanna be in the musical. SO HELP ME PREPARE AN AUDITION! `Kay?”
 
“Can do, temperamental baby sister who shares the same Mom and Dad!” Ed said. Sarah began dragging him away to prepare an audition.
 
“Once again, Sara ruins our plans to get rich!” Eddy said. “I'm telling you, she has it in for me.”
 
“Right.” Double D said. “While you're busy thinking about how much Sara hates you, I suggest we plan another audition. This time we let some one else sing.”
 
Eddy nodded. “Right. I mean, how good can Sara's audition really be? She has Ed helping her.”
 
Both of them were laughing until they saw Sara, Ed, and Jimmy run up to Malcolm. Jimmy and Ed pushed him into a chair.
 
 
 
Sara:
Hey, floor-mopper
Here's a showstopper
I've got the stuff that you're looking for!
Listen to me singing
I'm a goddess
(Bow down,
She's a goddess)
I can act
And sing
And still be modest
(Bow down,
She is flawless)
When it comes
To the fine arts,
Mister, I'm the finest
All around the theatre
I'm known as `Your Highness'
I belong
Up on
That TV screen
I'm the Theatre Queen
You have found your super-star
(Theatre Queen)
You didn't have to look too far
(Theatre Queen)
Listen to my perfect voice
(Theatre Queen)
You don't have any other choice
I'm the greatest thing
You've ever seen
I'm the Theatre Queen
 
 
 
“That was amazing!” Double D said. “Sara can sing?” Eddy said in disbelief.
 
“Very good!” Malcolm said. “I'm giving you the lead role!” He walked out of the room and stared at what he saw.
 
Rolf, Johnny, and Plank were sitting around a plug-in campfire and wearing their Urban Ranger Uniforms. Rolf was holding a guitar-like instrument. He cleared his throat and started playing.
 
 
 
Rolf:
Let's sit around the campfire
And sing our campfire song
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song
And if you don't think
That Rolf can't sing it faster then you're wrong
But it'll help if
You just sing along
 
Johnny:
Bum-bum-bum
 
Rolf:
(Faster, with Johnny trying to keep up)
C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song
C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song
And if you don't think
That Rolf can't sing it faster then you're wrong
But it'll help if
You just sing along
C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song
Ranger Johnny!
 
Johnny:
Song!
C-A-M-P—
 
Rolf:
Ranger Plank!
 
Plank:
 
Rolf:
Good!
It'll help
 
Johnny:
(Playing drums)
 
Rolf:
It'll help
If you just sing along!
Oh, yeah!
(Smashes guitar on ground)
 
Johnny:
(Smashes drums on Rolf)
 
 
 
“What did you think of Rolf's Campfire Song Song?” Rolf asked as he popped out of the drum Johnny smashed on him. “Please be brutal, He-Who-Mops-Vomit.”
 
“That was awesome!” Malcolm said. “I aught to give you the lead role! Especially Plank! He was awesome.”
 
Rolf laughed. “Very good, Urban Rangers! Plank, here is your `Upstaging Rolf in an Audition for a Musical' badge.” Rolf pinned the badge on Plank, who, as usual, said nothing.
 
 
 
Eddy sighed. “Let's face it Double D, we're hopeless. We might as well change our names to Why and Bother.”
 
“Eddy, they don't stop auditions for another week.” Double D said. “But we do need to find a new singer. Ed's with Sara and Jimmy, there's Rolf and the Urban Rangers, we could ask Kevin, but… he hates us.”
 
Eddy suddenly had an idea. “The two of us could do it! Everyone else is doing that three thing! We could do that two thing! It'd set us apart from the crowd! Unless Ping and Pong kidnap Malcolm and perform Blues Brothers, but what're the odds of that?”
 
Ping and Pong suddenly ran into the room with Malcolm tied up. They were dressed as the Blues Brothers. “You just had to say it.” Double D said.
 
 
 
Ping:
Coming to you
On a dusty road
 
Pong:
Good loving
I got a truckload
 
Ping:
Sweep high
Don't you fret
 
Pong:
Cause you ain't seen
Nothing yet
 
Both:
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
 
Pong:
Got what I got
The hard way
Make it better
Each and every day
 
Ping:
Look out
Hold on to something
Don't you worry
 
Both:
Cause I'm a' coming
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
 
Ping:
I'll grab a rope
And pull you in
Give you hope
 
Both:
And be your only boyfriend
 
Ping:
Yeah
 
Pong:
Yeah
 
Ping:
Yeah
 
Pong:
Yeah
 
Both:
I'm a soul man
I'm a soul man
You're a soul man
We're all soul men
 
 
 
 
Malcolm clapped. “Cool! I'm giving you guys the lead role!” He walked out while singing the song off-key.
 
“No fair!” Eddy yelled. “That two thing works better for you cause you're twins!”
 
Ping nodded. “It's true.” “We are indeed twins.” Pong said. They both walked out with smug expressions on their faces.
 
 
 
Eddy looked at Odd, Double D, Naruto, and a new-comer wearing a black open leather jacket, no shirt underneath, black pants, flaming hair, and eight earrings on his right ear.
 
“Okay, Sock-head, Billboard head, Ninja boy, and… who are you again?” “Raphael Kindling.” The new guy said.
 
“Whatever. Look, the other guys' auditions went great, but ours'll go even better because of three things. 1) We have a live band. 2) Our band plays the song right here. And 3), they'll be able to hear the actual music instead of listening to a recording.”
 
“Could you please explain to us how those three reasons are any different from each other?” Double D asked. “No time!” Eddy yelled. “Malcolm'll be here any minute! Wait, I hear footsteps! Ht it!”
 
 
 
Raphael:
Somebody once told me
The world was going to roll me
I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb
With her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an L on her forehead
Well the years start coming
And they don't stop coming
Fed you the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your head gets smart but your brain gets dumb
So much to do
So much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back seat?
You never know if you don't go
You never shine if you don't glow
Hey now
You're an all star
Get your game on
Get made
Hey now
You're a rock star
Get the show on
Get paid
And all that you leave us is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
It's a cool place
And it only gets colder
You think it's hot now
Wait till you get older
But the meteor man begged to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite center
The ice we skate
Is getting pretty thin
The water's getting warm
So you might as well swim
My world's on fire
How `bout yours?
That's the way I like it
And I'll never get bored
Hey now
You're a rock star
Get the show on
Get paid
And all that you leave us is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
Somebody once asked
“Can you spare some change for gas?
I need to get far away from this place”
I said “Yep
What a concept
I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change”
Well the years start coming
And they don't stop coming
Fed you the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your head gets smart but your brain gets dumb
So much to do
So much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back seat?
You never know if you don't go
You never shine if you don't glow
Hey now
You're an all star
Get your game on
Get made
Hey now
You're a rock star
Get the show on
Get paid
And all that you leave us is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
And that you leave us is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
 
 
 
Malcolm would have been very impressed, if it was Malcolm whom they had performed for. But instead, it was Enforcer.
 
“Playing Smash Mouth songs without permission? That's a detention.” He walked away.
 
“Man!” Eddy said. “Time's up for auditions! We'll never get into this stupid play!”
 
“Wait.” Double D said. “Does any one even know the story of `Our School Musical'?” Everyone shook their heads. “It's a ballet.”
 
Eddy's mouth hung open. “You mean we were auditioning for a ballet? Double D, why didn't you stop us?” “I was just going along with it for the sake of the plot.”
 
The group dispersed leaving only Eddy and Double D. A light bulb suddenly appeared over Eddy's head. “Wait! That means all those guys that auditioned will be in a ballet, and they don't even know it yet! This gives me an idea. We take pictures of everyone, and have them pay us not to put them on the Nexus Wide Web!”
 
“Now that's the Eddy I remember!” Double D said. “And we can look forward to no more musicals until Raging Koala sees another Broadway classic!” Eddy nodded. “Yeah. He didn't even get all the lyrics right.”
 
 
 
Next Time: Story Time