Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Nexus Academy Grande Prix: Sideshow ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Nexus Academy Grande Prix:
Sideshow
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I only own the original characters. I do not own characters from TV shows, video games, books, and so on. They are owned by their respective creators.
 
 
 
Syrus turned to see a boy who was around his age. The boy wore a dark purple robe with a hood pulled over his head. On the top of his hood was a light purple eye. A black handkerchief covered his mouth and nose, and shadows covered the rest of his face.
 
“I am Jason Cunningham.” The boy said. “I'm guessing you're Syrus Trusdale?” Syrus nodded. “Y-yeah…” he said nervously. Jason shrugged and turned around. “Whatever.” He said.
 
 
 
“Jason just started here this year.” Robins said to Syrus. “He's a handpicked student, as well as one of the remaining Rare Hunters.” Syrus sighed. “I'm dueling a Rare Hunter.” He said. “I wonder what his roommates think of him…”
 
 
 
Joey shook his head. “Nah, I changed rooms as soon as I met Jason.” He said. “That guy scared Kaiba out of the room! There's something not quite right about him.” Syrus shivered and walked out of Joey's room.
 
 
 
“Welcome to the fourth match of the first round!” Homer said. “Jason Cunningham versus Syrus Trusdale! Um… you—you can duel now.”
 
Jason drew a card. “Let the sideshow begin.” He said. “Now, behold: from parts unknown, the Giant Rat!” Jason summoned a giant rat to the field in defense mode. “I'll end my turn with a face-down card.”
 
Syrus drew a card and smiled at what he got. “I'll summon Steamroid to the field in attack mode!” He said as he summoned a walking train engine with a face. “Now I'll have my Steamroid exterminate that rat!”
 
“Meet my trap card!” Jason said. “It's called Curse of Aging!” The card showed an old man opening a chest and ghosts coming out of the chest. “Now, by discarding a card from my hand, I can decrease the attack and defense of all your monsters by 500!”
 
Steamroid's attack dropped to 1300. “Sorry!” Syrus said. “When Steamroid attacks, his attack increases by 500!” Steamroid's attack rose back up to 1800. Steamroid punched Giant Rat with its front wheel and destroyed it.
 
Jason sighed. “Stupid!” He thought angrily. “I should've remembered that from my lessons!
 
 
 
“Introducing…” the owner of the carnival said, “the amazing Chameleon Boy, Jason!” A fourteen-year-old boy walked out from behind the curtains. His head had been shaved, and his skin was blue. There were oohs and ahhs from the audience.
 
“Freak!” A boy in the audience yelled. He threw a cup of soda at Jason, who didn't even try to stop it. More people began throwing things at him as he quietly walked away.
 
 
 
“The ringmaster makes a fortune on our shows and we get the short end of the stick!” Jason said to his friends, the strongman and the short clown. “There's a stick?” Both of them asked. “It's a metaphor.” Jason said.
 
“Well you win our snack-foods every time we duel. At least you're good at that.” The strongman said. “Oh, carnival food.” Jason said sarcastically. “That's healthy.”
 
“Maybe you should duel the ringmaster for a chance to get out of this hard-knock life.” The clown said. Jason sighed. “It's worth a shot.” He said.
 
 
 
After I beat the ringmaster, I quit and joined the Rare Hunters.” Jason thought. “But I'm not one of them anymore! The only reason I'm still wearing this robe is to hide my skin!
 
“I activate Giant Rat's effect!” Jason said. “When he's destroyed I can summon an earth monster with 1500 attack or less! I'll choose Gyaku-Gire Panda!” An angry panda holding a bamboo stick appeared.
 
“Now that it's my turn I'll summon Ameba!” A blue blob came out of the card. “Next I play the magic card called Shien's Spy!” The card showed a woman dressed as a messenger with a large box on her back. “With this card, one of my monsters goes over to your side of the field, and I'll choose Ameba!”
 
The blue blob suddenly flew forward and engulfed Syrus. “When control of Ameba switches to my opponent, my opponent loses 2000 life points!” Jason said. Syrus' life points dropped to 2000. “Now I'll attack my own Ameba with Gyaku-Gire Panda! His attack points are 1800 cause they increase for each monster on the field!” The panda whacked Ameba with its bamboo stick, and Syrus lost 1600 life points.
 
“I'll end my turn with two face downs. Your move.” Jason said. Syrus gulped as he drew a card. “I'll start things off by summoning Patroid to the field in defense mode!” A police car with a cartoon-like face appeared. “Now I'm allowed to look at one of your face-down cards!”
 
One of Jason's facedown cards got flipped face-up. It was The Eye of Truth. It showed an ancient eye glowing in stone.
 
“Okay, so it's safe.” Syrus said. “I play Power Bond!” The card showed a welder putting two machines together. “This card lets me fuse two monsters to summon a machine-type fusion card with twice the attack! So I'll fuse the Gyroid in my hand, and Steamroid on the field to summon--!”
 
“I'd hate to interrupt your long and drawn out explanation of what your card does, but I've got a trap.” Jason said. One of his facedown cards flipped up, revealing it to be a field with lots of yellow orbs floating around. “It's called Non-Fusion Zone. It's a continuous trap that stops either player from Fusion Summoning any monsters. Your card is both null, and void!”
 
Syrus sighed. “Then I'll just play a card facedown and end it.” He said.
 
“My move!” Jason exclaimed rather excitedly as he drew his card. “I'll start things off by setting a monster facedown, and I'll end things by ending my turn.”
 
Syrus shrugged. “That was short.” He said as he drew. “I'll summon Gyroid to the field in defense mode!” A small helicopter with eyes appeared, holding its propellers up to guard itself. “Your go.”
 
“I'll flip up my facedown!” Jason said. “He's a monster called Big Eye.” A pink monster with eyes all over his body appeared. “When he's flip summoned I can look at the top five cards of my deck and arrange them in any order desired!”
 
Jason looked at the five cards and put them back without messing up their order at all. “Now I'll play the magic card called Reversal Quiz!” The card showed a man buzzing in on a buzzer.
 
“Now, if I can correctly guess which card is at the top of deck, we get to exchange life points!” Syrus was confused. “But I only have 400 left.”
 
“Exactly.” Jason said. “I'll guess the card on top of my deck is… Giant Orc.” Jason picked up the card on top of his deck and smiled. “What do you know? It is Giant Orc.”
 
Syrus' life points suddenly rose to 4000, while Jason's plummeted to 400. “Now I'll play the magic card, Dark Hole!” The card showed a… a dark hole. “This destroys all monsters on the field.”
 
“Next, I'll summon my Hayabusa Knight.” Jason said as a knight with the head of a bird appeared. “I'll equip him with a handy little card called Megamorph.” The knight was suddenly wearing an ancient looking necklace.
 
“Megamorph's special ability can only be activated when my life points are lower then yours. It lets me double my creature's attack!”
 
“What good will that do? Sure, he'll be able to attack my life points directly but I'll only lose half of them.”
 
“That's where his special ability kicks in.” Jason said. “Hayabusa Knight can attack twice in the same battle phase. Now attack with Double-Sided Slice!”
 
Hayabusa Knight charged at Syrus and sliced him once, resulting in Syrus losing 2000 life points. The knight then flipped his sword on the other side, and sliced again, resulting in Syrus losing the duel.
 
“For those of you who are blind, I'll tell you who just won!” Homer said. “It was Jason. Speaking if Jason, has anybody seen him?” Jason was gone.
 
 
 
“That was some impressive dueling.” Jay said as he ran up to Jason. “You should try and join Duel Academy. I'm sure you'd make it.”
 
Jason turned around angrily and pulled down his hood, and took off his handkerchief. “Still think I should go to your academy?” He asked as he pointed to his skin. It was bright green.
 
“Cool.” Jay said. “It is not cool!” Jason screamed. “Everyday my skin's a different color! It's a skin condition so rare, I got it named after me!” “I didn't know it even existed.” Jay said. “Are you sure you're not making it up?”
 
 
 
Everyone ran up to the board, knowing the next match was for fighters. They were all confused when they found what it read. “Preliminary finals?!”
 
 
 
 
 
Next Time: Secret Library