Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ 'Do You Want to Live Forever?' ❯ The Estate ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Fifteen

The Estate

Place: Philadelphia Airport

Time: Thursday Morning, 01:32 a.m.

April, 2004

Just over two days after Cel entered the Ellis Island Compound

Hajime Saitou

Arturo Patronii

Chou

Shiiba


     & nbsp;      The small jet landed smoothly on the runway and taxied toward the waiting limousine that was parked beside a stretch of red carpet. The running lights winked and twinkled in the darkness showing the planes progress, and as it approached, a tall sinewy man extracted himself from the automobile and stood waiting. Nervously he adjusted his coat and hat in an attempt to be certain his appearance was flawless. It had been many years since he had served the Master personally and he did not want to be caught looking less than was expected.

         &nbs p;  He enjoyed his head where it was.

          &nb sp; Gulping audibly, he wiped the perspiration from his forehead on the back of his white driving gloves and prayed that the Master would simply get into the car and order him to drive. He had no desire to exchange words with the stone-faced vampire, but knew if he was spoken to he would have to answer. He just hoped he wouldn't sound like an idiot.

          & nbsp; As the plane stopped, a loud 'clanking' noise could be heard from inside, and soon the door opened and the stairway extended. Pale light oozed from the interior and shadows of movement could be easily discerned as the passengers gathered their belongings. The first to exit was a young man of perhaps twenty years of age. His pale blonde hair caught the gleam off the running lights and turned a brilliant incandescent red as he walked to the rear of the plane toward the cargo hold. In a few short moments he retrieved the necessary luggage and brought it over to the limo.

          &n bsp; "You got keys, Man?" He asked the tall chauffeur as he walked past him and stopped next to the trunk. "I don't really want to haul this shit around any farther than I have to."

          &nb sp; "Of course, one moment please." The chauffeur extracted the keys from his hip pocket and moved to open the back of the car. "Let me assist you with those, sir."

          &n bsp; "Sure, thanks." The youth smiled and shoved a garment bag into the other man's waiting hands. "Just be sure you don't put this anywhere it's gonna get wrinkled. The Master hates having his coats and pants bunched up. But then, you probably already know that, huh?"

          &n bsp; "Yes, I already know that."

          & nbsp; "Good, then I shouldn't have to tell you anything." Another smile played across the almost effeminate features and the sea green eyes twinkled. "I'm Shiiba, by the way. Who are you?"

          &n bsp; "My name is Chou." The chauffeur grabbed another suitcase and laid it down along the base of the trunk. "I have been with the Master many years and know his ways well."

          & nbsp; "Ah, I see. Well, I've only been with him for a few months, but I'm learning awfully fast."

          & nbsp; "Then you may keep your head... if you're lucky." An evil smirk curled the chauffeur's lips as he trained a piercing eye on the younger man. "But you won't last long if you keep up with that spunky attitude. The Master doesn't like a smart ass."

          &n bsp; "I already know that." Shiiba tossed the last bag into the trunk and waited while Chou shut the lid. "I don't act like this around him. I'm not that stupid."

           ;  "Good thing, but just one piece of advice from someone who knows the Master well."

          & nbsp; "What's that?"

          & nbsp; "Lose the attitude everywhere. It's bound to get back to him and he doesn't like that kind of thing either. He expects you to be smooth, professional, and deliberate. There is no easy-way to work for him. You either abide his rules and lifestyle or you die."

          &n bsp; "Well yeah, I know that too, but can't we loosen up a little when he's not around?"

           ;  "Tell me, Shiiba, when is the Master ever not around?" Chou dusted off his hands and straightened his coat again. "I like my head where it is, and I intend to keep it that way. If you wish to behave stupidly, do it with someone else, somewhere else. Arturo will not be able to protect you forever, and the excuse of your youth and innocence will save you for only so long."

          & nbsp; "I-ah..." Sweat suddenly beaded up on Shiiba's forehead and he had the strangest feeling that his guts were being turned into jell-o. The tall chauffeur just smiled at his new level of discomfort and returned to his position next to the car door offering no more words of explanation or advice. "I'll try to remember that."

          & nbsp; "See that you do."

          &nb sp; "Chou! How are you, my friend?" Saitou's deep, rumbling voice floated across the pavement as he stepped onto the stairway and eyed the tall driver. "It has been too many years, my old companion. It is good to see you."

          &n bsp; "It is good to see you as well, Lord Saitou." Chou felt sweat trickling down his spine but he forced a polite smile onto his pale face as the great vampire approached him. 'God help me,' he prayed as the cold hands descended onto his shoulders and he was engulfed in a brief but tight embrace. "I trust your flight went well, my Lord?"

          & nbsp; "Yes, very little turbulence this route." Saitou narrowed his eyes and closely examined the man in front of him. "Did you cut your hair, Chou, or did you somehow manage to stuff it all entirely under that ridiculous hat?

          &nb sp; "I-ah, I cut it, my Lord. It was beginning to get in the way." Chou blushed, feeling the heat of his embarrassment burning around the collar of his shirt. "There is hot tea brewing inside, sir," he said turning slightly and opening the door. "I thought you might like a bit after the trip."

          & nbsp; "Ah, thank-you, Chou. I trust there is a little whiskey tucked away inside as well?"

          & nbsp; "Of course, my Lord. Can I offer you anything else?" 'Please just get inside and let us be done with this.'

         &nb sp;  Saitou patted the tall man on the back and smiled blandly. "No, not just now, Chou. Let's just make time and get to the estate before the sun rises. How long is it to the house?"

             "Two hours, my Lord. We should reach the estate long before the sun shows its face." Chou cleared his throat and tried to find a polite, blank look to paste on his face as he bowed respectfully to the man beside him.

          &nb sp; "Very good, Chou. Then let us be on our way. Arturo?"

           ;  "Yes, my Lord?" The slender Italian was standing beside his Master in an instant. "What do you wish of me?"

          &nb sp; "Make sure that all of our luggage is accounted for and then follow us in the other car. I want to be certain no one has followed us here. Is that clear?"

             "Yes, my Lord. I will make certain we are alone."

             "See that you do, and, Arturo?" Saitou turned and looked directly into the dark eyes watching him. "Keep Shiiba close to you. He's still a liability at this point and I don't quite trust him yet. I want you to watch every move he makes. Understood?"

         & nbsp;  "Yes, my Lord, although you surely must know he is harmless?"

         &nb sp;  "Perhaps, Arturo, but one cannot be too careful in these times that are facing us now. Cel could have spies all around us at this point so everyone is suspect until their loyalty is proven to me." Icy amber eyes shifted to rest upon the pale faced blonde standing a few feet away chatting with some of the other men. "And he is not proven."

           ;  "Yes, my Lord. As always, you are right. I will continue to keep Shiiba close to my side until we know if he is worthy of your trust."

             "See that you do. I will tolerate no mistakes from this moment forward, Arturo. We are in enemy territory and we must be prepared at all times for anything that might happen. A weak link in our chain of strength could mean disaster for us. I know you are well aware of that."

          & nbsp; "I am." Arturo felt the familiar icy fingers of his mental awareness slithering up his spine as the open-ended threat hung heavy in the air about him. "There will be no mistakes. If there are, I will deal with them swiftly."

         &nbs p;  "I trust that you will." With a smooth, inhuman grace, Saitou folded himself up into the spacious backseat of the black limousine stretching his long legs out with a sigh of satisfaction. "I will see you at the estate then."

          & nbsp; "Of course." Bowing at the waist, Arturo waited until Chou closed the door before rising to his full height once more. In that moment, dark brown eyes met the steady gaze of cornflower blue and the two old friends exchanged a silent message of comradery. It was many years since they had worked together but the common past they shared bound them tightly together.

         &nbs p;  "Will he want a woman?" The question was spoken softly but hastily over the chauffeurs shoulder as he turned to take his seat behind the wheel.

          & nbsp; "Yes, do you have one in mind?"

          & nbsp; "Yes, it is someone he already knows."

             "Who?"

        & nbsp;   "Her."

      &n bsp;     The single word dropped into the night air and Arturo turned to lock gazes with the blue-eyed man for a moment. Nodding his head, the Italian gave his assent to the choice and then turned and walked back toward the plane.

          & nbsp; "God speed, Arturo."

           ;  "And you, Chou."

OooooooooooooooooOoooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooOoooooooo ooooOoooooooooooo

Glossary: Simpatie=love, Indragostit=Lover, Lubit=Beloved, Nevasta=Lady Wife, Stepan=King

 

Place: Ormond Estate, outer Philadelphia

Time: 3:45 a.m.

Hajime Saitou

Arturo Patronii

Chou

Shiiba

Tokio Takagi

         &n bsp;  It had been over 150 years since she laid her eyes on him, but that fact did nothing to alter her level of desire or the rise of anticipation filling her. He was her soul mate; at least that is how she always felt about him. Just the thought of having him touch her again was almost more than she could bear, and the nervous staccato click of her heels on the floor tile was proof of her state of emotional fervour. The wine glass in her hand trembled and a few drops of the expensive red liquid spilled over her lips and dropped onto her scantily covered breasts.

           ;  The plain black dress she wore accentuated every curve she owned, and the snug, low-cut bodice pushed her plump breasts upward to the point of spilling free. Her long, dark chestnut hair was left loose and it hung to her shapely hips in a swathe of liquid silk. Luminescent brown eyes caught and reflected the moonlight like twin mirrors as she glanced for the umpteenth time out the large picture window facing the drive.

          & nbsp; "Where the hell are you, Hajime." The voice was low and raspy with sexual need and her blood red lips pursed thoughtfully as she pressed her forehead against the cool glass. "You would make me wait, wouldn't you?" A sigh of frustration echoed through the spacious room and she moved away from the window, swallowing the last of her wine in one gulp. "I hate waiting," she murmured tossing her hair over a creamy shoulder. "And it's been so long... too long."

          & nbsp; "Forgive me, beloved, but I didn't know you were waiting. Had I, I might have made Chou drive faster."

           ;  Whirling around with a start, the woman grabbed her throat in surprise dropping the wine glass, her mouth agape showing the delicate points of her fangs where they appeared just below the curve of her upper lip. Her eyes flashed with apprehension and then recognition as she absorbed the sight of the tall, slender man standing negligently in the doorframe. He was smiling in that sardonic way of his and she felt the pooling of her desire heat up in the pit of her stomach.

           ;  "Hajime." A luscious smile of pure hunger curved her full lips and a low chuckle slid from her swanlike throat. "It's been a long time, my Stapan. Did you miss me?"

          &nb sp; Saitou threw his head back and laughed. She was the only woman he knew who would be that audacious, but it only made her more beautiful and desirable. "Point in fact, Indragostit, I believe I have." His amber eyes glittered with appreciation as he took in her sensual appearance. "You are as lovely as ever, Tokio. How have you been?"

          & nbsp; "Lonely." She wandered over to him and rubbed her hand up his chest as she parted the sides of his trench. "I missed you."

          &n bsp; "Have you?" Gazing down at her brilliant eyes filled him with the sudden urge to embrace her, and with a low, muffled growl, he gave in to the need, filling his arms with her slender curves. "Just how much have you missed me, Indragostit?" He asked as he buried his face in her hair.

          &n bsp; "Want me to show you?" Her nose nuzzled wantonly beneath his chin as she pressed herself into his hard frame. "It is two hours until sunrise so there is time."

          & nbsp; "Aye, there is time." His head swooped down and he seized her lips with his smothering her in a deep heated kiss that spoke volumes to her. One hand rose to tangle itself in the mass of satiny curls at her nape as he opened her mouth and slipped his tongue inside. He felt the rough silk of her tongue meet him as he entered and they began a slow, sensuous mating of taste and sensation.

          & nbsp; Tokio moaned low in her throat as she flattened herself against his chest and wrapped her arms around his neck and shoulders. He was tall, and even in her heels she had to stretch to reach all the way. The hair at his nape was soft to her touch and she wound it about her fingers as her hand snaked up to cup the back of his head. It was always like this between them and it was obvious from the answering moan rumbling in his chest that he had missed her just as much as she had him.

          &nb sp; "Simpatie," He whispered heavily against her moist lips his desire expanding to molten proportions. "I have missed you, dear God, so much." The whimpering sound of her response to his heated admission filled Saitou with the need to possess her as fully as possible, and his mouth moved to trail a pathway of fire down the side of her throat. She tasted like cream and sugar and the scent of her arousal consumed his senses making him rough as he pulled her lower body against his hardened need. "I need this," he groaned burying his face in the curve of her neck and inhaling the aroma of her. "I need you."

          &n bsp; "Take me then," she rasped against his cheek letting her lips flutter across the smooth skin. "I'm here, Hajime... I'm always here."

          & nbsp; "Why, Tokio? Why do you wait for me? Why don't you move on and find a mate who will stay by your side all of the time? Why do you stay with me?"

          &nb sp; "Because I love you, Stepan. You are my mate... there is no one else. Only you, my beautiful man. Only you..." She tenderly brushed the four loose strands of his iron gray hair off his forehead smiling when they stubbornly fell back despite her attempt.

           ;  "I have been gone from you for too long, lubit. Much too long." Scooping her up in his arms, Saitou strode quickly through the main hall and headed for the stairs. "Do you know where my room is?"

          &nb sp; "Yes, I've already been inside getting things ready for you to come." She nuzzled into his flesh again and let her tongue lick the sensitive spot behind his ear. "I hope you approve."

         &nbs p;  "As long as there is a bed, simpatie, I will be satisfied."

         &n bsp;  "There is one of those." Giggling like a young girl, Tokio tossed her head back and looked longingly up into the taut lines of his face. "I trust you still know your way around one of them?"

          & nbsp; A deep chuckle escaped him and he looked down at her. "Aye, little tease, I know my way, but will you be able to keep up?" The seductive challenge spilled out of his mouth as his amber gaze devoured her.

          &nb sp; "With you?" Her rich laughter filled the hallway as Saitou reached the top of the stairs. "I think it is you who will have trouble keeping up with me."

          &nb sp; "Not hardly," he growled and followed her pointing finger to a large oak door. "I have not slowed down since last we shared one another, simpatie, and I mean to show you that for the next two hours-minimum."

        &nbs p;   "Minimum?" Her eyes grew wide with anticipation.

             "Indeed. Now open the door." He smiled wickedly as she reached out and pushed the big door open revealing a king-sized bed covered with black satin sheets. A decanter of his favorite scotch whiskey sat on a small table with two glasses and a container of ice. Next to it was a bottle of cola waiting to be mixed with the strong alcohol. A bowl of fresh strawberries and another of whipped cream also graced the table, and Saitou nodded in appreciation as he kicked the door closed. "It would seem you have thought of everything, simpatie."

        &n bsp;   "Then you approve?" She sounded slightly worried and he looked into her face with a light gleaming in his eyes. Tokio caught her breath at the amount of heat that was encased in that simple glance, and she felt a violent twinge of desire surge through her making her tremble in his arms. "I guess you do."

          &nb sp; "Aye, I do." He lowered her onto the bed and proceeded to strip out of his trench and shirt, and then leaning over her, he pressed her body down into the softness of the mattress. "You are beautiful, Tokio." His mouth hovered above hers as he drank in the sight of her passion filled eyes, and Saitou knew he was lost to her-again.

         &nb sp;  "So are you." She whispered back, letting her hands caress his lean face. "And this is why I will always wait for you, indragostit, because I could never be like this with another. Only you have been able to reach the deepest places in my soul, and only you can satisfy the hunger that lives inside me. Just you and no other, Hajime. I will be yours forever."

         &nbs p;  "And I am yours, simpatie. As surely as the blood in my body craves sustenance, so my soul craves the touch of yours. You have bewitched me and I will never be free."

          & nbsp; "Do you love me, Hajime?" Her eyes begged to know, and there was nothing he could deny her at this point. Perhaps it was time to stop denying it to himself as well.

          &n bsp; "Aye, my love. I love you." A tender yet passionate kiss fell to her mouth as he lowered his weight on top of her. Bracing his forearms on either side of her head, Saitou wove his hands into the satiny mass of her hair. She shivered beneath him and he felt her drop her jaw opening her mouth wide to him. "Tokio," he rasped and drove his tongue deep into her, tasting the raw hunger of her need as she sucked him inside. He wanted to take his time and savor her, taste her, feel her but the grip of his control was quickly failing him as the heat of her consumed his senses. And as he pealed the scant black dress from her writhing body, Saitou promised himself he would take his time with her later-later, after the hunger was satisfied. Then he would explore and reacquaint himself with the beauty she possessed. He would relearn every curve, line, and swell of her body but for now his need to possess was too great to deny.

          &n bsp; "Ha-jime," His name fell in splintered gasps from her lips as she arched upward into his weight. The feel of his smooth, muscled chest rubbing against her sensitive breasts was sending her awareness of him over the edge, and she felt her nipples tighten and begin to ache. "My breasts," she groaned thrusting them into his face. "Take my breasts-they ache for you. Please, take them."

          & nbsp; "I will." His voice was ragged as he buried his face between those perfect, pale mounds of succulent flesh. "Dear God, you're beautiful." As his mouth drew one of her nipples deep inside, Saitou rid himself of the last vestiges of his clothing and enfolded her nude body against his nakedness, molding her softness to his unyielding planes. She whimpered and tangled her fingers in his hair, pulling him into her warmth. The nipple in his mouth hardened and he let his teeth scrape over it seductively before clamping down on it. A tight cry of pleasure ripped free of her and he felt her wrapping her legs around his waist. The prick of one of her heels on his ass told him she was trying to maneuver him into taking her, but he wanted to hold off for a little longer. He wanted to make her scream with need, and then he would take her. But he wanted the sound of her voice ringing in his ears before he made her his.

          &nb sp; He slid one hand down the line of her body caressing the softness and heat of her as he went. She must have just fed for her skin to be so hot, and the thought of her being filled with fresh blood sent a shiver of hunger through him. Reaching beneath her, he cupped her buttock urging her against his arousal, wringing a strangled moan from her shuddering form. It was a simple movement to take his fingers to her throbbing core and slide them inside the moistness of her sex. "Scream for me, Tokio," he growled against her breast as he sucked the other nipple deep and hard. "Scream for me and tell me you still belong to me. Tell me-say it. Say you belong to me."

          &nb sp; "Oh God, Hajime," the feel of his fingers pumping into her body brought her up off the bed as her back arched. "I do-belong to you. I always have, simpatie, and I always will."

          & nbsp; His answer was to drive his fingers deep into her pulsing core reaching for that secret place he knew would send her over the edge into ecstasy, and as her high, thin scream of pleasure-pain filled the room, he felt the warmth of her climax spill into his hand. The sweet musk of her body consumed him and his cock throbbed painfully, crying out for the release she offered him. Trembling with need, he reached between them and guided his hardness into her. A deep groan of satisfaction erupted from him as he felt the velvet heat of her enclose his aching shaft in a moist embrace.

           ;  "I should have married you," he breathed into her ear as he thrust deep into her willing form. "I should have made you my nevasta long ago, so long ago." He heard the fragmented cry of his name tumble from her lips and felt the wetness of her tears slip along his cheek. He knew she was his equal in all things; she always had been even in the old days when he first laid eyes on her. She had become an obsession to him. Her beauty and fiery nature had seduced him into claiming her for his own and making her one of them. She was the last he had sired, and the scent of his essence remained within her coming to the surface when her emotions ran high. Everyone knew she belonged to him, and until he finished with her, no one would touch her. But as he slammed into her body seeking the release his soul craved, Saitou realized he never would be finished with her. He would never be free of her hold over him, and perhaps he didn't want to be. She was the only woman he ever considered making his mate. The only one he kept going back to.

          &nbs p; "I do love you." His lips worked against hers and he pushed his tongue back into her mouth. "I have never wanted anyone but you, not in all my life. It has always been you. Always, from the very beginning. You are the only one to ever touch me with those feelings. Only you." A sob escaped her and he pulled her tighter into his embrace feeling his need rise and begin to peak. "There can never be another, never." And as he slammed into her, Saitou felt her body shudder violently beneath him even as her voice climbed the octaves and sang out her release. Wave after wave of pulsing spasms coursed around his cock as she climaxed, and he buried his face in her neck allowing his fangs to pierce her soft skin.

          &n bsp; Blood hot as lava poured into his mouth and he gripped her in an iron hold. She writhed and bucked beneath him her nails scouring his back as she gave up her soul to his claim. Hunger quaked through his body and he pulled his head back crying out her name as his climax exploded within her. If only they could have children, he knew he would gladly stay and rear a family with her, but the nature of their kind prevented procreation.

         & nbsp;  Not for the first time, Saitou wished he had found her before he was changed, but knew it was an empty prayer. They were what they were and nothing would ever change that, but he was beginning to understand why he kept coming back to her. He needed her. She was the light in his spirit and it was she that kept him focused on the future and the needs of his people. He would destroy Cel and then he would take her as his nevasta. He would make her his Queen and they would rule the world together. A satisfied growl crawled out of his throat as he envisioned her setting on a throne beside him. Yes, that is exactly what he would do.

OoooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooOoooooooooooooOoooooooooooooooooO oooooooooooooo

          ;   The faint sound of ice clinking into crystal slithered across the large room, and then the unmistakable noise of liquid falling over that ice as someone made themselves a drink. The sounds of pleasure filtering down the stairs from the second floor were sifting through his awareness and he wondered if vampires really enjoyed sex or if it was the exchange of blood that made the mating so satisfying? It was a question that had plagued him for many years since being in The Master's service, but he had never allowed himself to ask it. He wasn't sure he wanted to know.

          &n bsp; "You got another one of those?"

             Arturo looked up and met the steady blue gaze of his old friend as Chou wandered across the room and took a seat at the bar. "I thought you gave up drinking?" He smiled as he dumped several ice cubes into a glass and then splashed a fair amount of the amber colored liquid over them.

          &n bsp; "I did, but I'm thinking about starting again." Chou raised the glass in a mock toast and took a healthy swallow. "I'm gonna have to have something to help me keep my nerves calm."

          & nbsp; "I thought that was what your hash joints were for?" Arturo laughed as Chou's face darkened.

         &nbs p;  "Hey, you know I don't do that shit," he growled and took another swig of his drink. "I want to keep my nerves calm not fry my brain."

             "I'm sorry, my friend. I couldn't resist the joke."

          & nbsp; "Hmmm, I forgot that about you."

          &n bsp; "You should know better. Smoke?" Arturo offered Chou a cigarette and then lit one up for himself. "Light?" He handed the zippo over the bar and watched as his friend flamed the Marlburo he gave him. "This is what keeps my nerves settled."

         &nbs p;  "Smoking?"

       & nbsp;    "Si, it's the nicotine I suppose. It keeps me on my toes and seems to satisfy the need for something... whatever that is."

          &nb sp; "I understand. Maybe I ought to take this up instead of drinking. What do you think?"

             "The Master would be more understanding. You know how he feels about drunks."

           ;  "That is true. I'll have to watch how much I drink then, won't I?"

          &nbs p; "If you want to keep your head, you will."

          & nbsp; "Ah, yes, there is that." Chou took a long drag off the cigarette, holding the smoke in his lungs for several seconds before blowing it out. "I am quite fond of my head. Would be a waste to lose it over something as stupid as being drunk." Arutro chuckled in response taking a drag of his own smoke. "How is it you've managed to keep yours attached for son long when you deal with him every day?"

          &n bsp; "I am most careful in all things I say and do around him. He is not so difficult to please if you know your place and keep it."

          &nb sp; "I suppose, but it must be nerve wracking none the less."

          & nbsp; "Si, at times, but I enjoy the benefits of my job so I endure it." The whiskey sloshed in his glass as he lifted it to his lips. "There is much to be said about being the right hand of the Devil."

             "I would think it's much better than being his dinner, eh?"

          &nb sp; "Indeed." An acrid smile curved the Italian's lips as he set his glass back on the bar. "Although, I must admit, if I am to die by his hand, I would rather he bit me and drank me dry than chop off my head."

          & nbsp; "Are you kidding me? What on earth would make you want that?" Chou was incredulous as he took a drink of his whiskey. "I should think that would be the last thing you would wish for."

          &n bsp; "No, it is my death of choice if I were ever given to choose."

           ;  "Explain that to me please, because I don't fucking get it."

          &nb sp; "Just to know," he replied in a quiet, thoughtful voice. "I have always wondered what it was like for those he devours. The long, slow process of draining them dry is really quite thrilling to watch, and it has intrigued me for years."

             "You want to know how it feels? That's insane."

           ;  "Perhaps, but it would be the closest to The Master I ever got, and for that, I would suffer it."

          &nb sp; "You love him that much?"

          & nbsp; "No, I respect him that much. He is everything to my life. I would die that he might live." Arturo took another drag off his cigarette. "He is the strongest being I know, as well as the most just. I have never seen him pass sentence without giving it much thought before hand, and I have never seen him do anything that created suffering in those he's punished."

         &nb sp;  "He tears their hearts out, Arturo. He rips their throats open and leaves them to bleed to death. Would you call that just and merciful?"

         &nb sp;  "Si, I would." His brown eyes sought out the blue of his companion. "They die quickly, but they also die knowing why they are being punished. He never kills for pleasure. I don't think he cares for it."

          &nb sp; "He's a bloody vampire. Of course he likes it. It's the thrill of the hunt that he needs, you know that as well as I do."

          &nb sp; "Perhaps, but he has to have a reason to hunt. He is not careless or impulsive." Arturo added more whiskey to his glass. "He doesn't even feed that often anymore."

         &nbs p;  "Well, he's so ancient his body has probably grown accustomed to not needing the blood as those younger do, but I know he must have to feed at least once or twice a week. Doesn't he?"

          &nb sp; "Si, but it is not like you think."

             "What do you mean, not like I think? What does he do, order it in?" Chou's eyes danced as he faced Artruo's smile. "Or do you go out and find it for him?"

          &n bsp; "Neither, you idiot. We give it to him."

          &n bsp; "We? Who is 'we' and what do you mean, you give it to him?"

          &n bsp; "All of those of us who are loyal offer our blood to him."

          &n bsp; "You let him drink off you?" Incredulity colored the voice.

          & nbsp; "No, we do little blood-drives of a sort. We mainline it out in pints and store it in a freezer for him. He seems to think that makes us more committed to him if we give him our blood freely. It is an easy alliance to maintain, and he gets what he wants. In all ways."

          & nbsp; "That is the strangest thing I ever heard. Are you telling me he never goes out and runs down a meal anymore?"

         &nbs p;  "No, I'm not saying that. There are occasions that he craves the fresh living blood, but that only occurs every two or three months. Besides, with the way things are progressing with the Pure Bloods, the less he is out on the street the better."

           ;  "Do you think they are going to try and kill him?" Chou's voice was quiet and worried.

           ;  "Si, it is only a matter of time now before they move against us."

          &nb sp; "Then it's true?" Chou drained his glass and put it out for a refill. "The Fang really has risen and come to be?"

          &nb sp; "Si, he has been sighted in New York City."

          & nbsp; "Fucking hell! That's just great. Isn't that where that bastard Crede lives?"

             "The Prince? Si, that is where he has his private residence, or so I have been assured although no one has ever been able to find it."

          &nb sp; "Not find it? Why not? I hear he lives out in the mainstream away from the clans. He should be easy enough to find."

          & nbsp; "So you would think, Chou, but no one has ever been able to pinpoint his location. He is a crafty one, Prince Crede. He alone would make a worthy opponent, but this 'Cel', he is going to be much more difficult."

         &n bsp;  "'Cel'? What does that mean? Is it some royal designation or something?"

         &n bsp;  "It means 'The One' in the Master's old tongue." Arturo lit another cigarette. "He is called 'The One' because the Pure Bloods think he will come and save them and bring the old ways back."

          & nbsp; "So, what does he look like? Does anyone know?"

          & nbsp; "Reports are sketchy. No one has really gotten a good look at him, but the information we have labels him a Corban for certain." Arturo's eyes darkened with emotion as he considered his own words. "He's definitely a member of the Royal family."

           ;  "A Corban? You mean he's progeny from that bastard? How is that possible? I thought The Master killed all of the Corbans off over the last 200 years or so. Did he miss somebody?"

         &nb sp;  "So it would seem. We were under the impression the Prince only had one son, and he perished at sea. But apparently there was another, a half-blood who mated with another half-blood. This 'Cel' is the result of that. A half-breed of sorts, and Crede's kept him quiet and hidden until now. One report says the boy looks just like the Prince-red hair, small build."

             "Doesn't sound very imposing to me." Chou shrugged and stubbed out his cigarette. "What's all the fuss about?"

             "We aren't sure yet, but apparently he is rumored to have special gifts and powers though we do not know what they are. The Master does not seem to be worried, but the clans are beginning to show signs of distress and potential panic."

             "Why?"

        & nbsp;   "Someone killed Basil sometime in the last couple of weeks. No one knows who or how, but it has spooked the clans significantly. Enough that they are actually voicing fear and uncertainty to The Master." Arturo met Chou's shocked look. "Machavelia is up in arms demanding another military commander be sent to them as soon as possible because he fears the clans might crumble beneath the distress."

         &nb sp;  "Whom is he going to send?"

          & nbsp; "Shishio."

       &nbs p;    "Shis... you are kidding me, right? That one is an animal if ever there was one. He has no mercy in his soul. He's just as soon kill everyone as look at them. I swear if he could the blood of his victims as an overcoat, he would."

             "Si, this is true, but The Master feels he will bring the clans back into line with strength of his presence. He is the best military man out there, and his knowledge of the Pure Bloods is unquestioned."

          ;   "I remember. Don't remind me. The thought that he is only half still bothers me."

          &nb sp; "He is the only Pure Blood turned Made there is, Chou. That makes him more than unique and highly valuable to The Master and to our cause. He knows things about them that we would never know otherwise." Arturo had no love for the bloody assassin turned military genius, but he knew Saitou judged the worth of his subordinates on many different levels. Shishio was an asset because of his knowledge and because he held no fear of the Pure Bloods or Cel. The man was a butcher, but he was a valuable butcher.

           ;  "I guess you're right, but he still gives me the creeps. I have never been able to trust him."

          &n bsp; "Well, have no fear, my friend. Shishio has no love for the Pure Bloods and even less for the humans, so I don't believe he would ever turn on The Master. His position as Supreme Commander should cement his loyalty to the cause, and I believe he understands his place with The Master."

           ;  "Maybe so, but you'll forgive me if I keep my own opinions?"

         &nb sp;  "Of course, just don't share it with The Master."

           ;  "Do I look stupid?" Chou smiled and Arturo laughed. "Don't answer that, okay? I know what you're going to say."

          &n bsp; "Then I will keep it to myself."

           ;  "Perhaps you would care to share what you're thinking of Chou with me, Arturo. As it stands, this has been a very interesting conversation. It has given me much to think about, no?"

          &nb sp; Both men jerked their gazes to the shadowy doorway across the room and fear congealed in their bellies as they perceived the tall, lithe frame of The Master. "Dear God," Arturo whispered in a tight voice as he frantically thought about everything he and Chou had talked about. "We're dead men."

          &n bsp; "No, my friend." The rich, sardonic laughter floated across the room and Saitou pushed himself up off the doorframe. "I did not hear anything that makes me believe either of you are against me or plotting for my demise. Quite the contrary, it would seem you both have much loyalty to me."

          &nb sp; "I have always been loyal, my Lord. Forgive me for speaking so freely this night." Arturo could feel the cold sweat beading up on his forehead and he quickly wiped it away. "Neither of us mean any disrespect."

         & nbsp;  "I am aware of that, Arturo." The long legs carried him across the floor and up to the side of the bar where he met the uncertain gazes of both men. "I understand your reservations about Shishio, Chou, but the strength of the man in unquestionable and he will restore the calm I need in order to push forward with my plans."

             "Plans, my Lord? I was not aware you were making plans." Chou exchanged an uncomfortable look with Arturo. "You are not thinking of going to New York, are you?"

          &n bsp; "Not right away, no. There is much I must learn about my opponent before I step into his territory." The tinkling of ice and the splash of alcohol followed as the dark vampire made himself a drink. "That is where you are going to help me."

          &nb sp; "Me?"

          ;   "Aye, you are the best spy I have, Chou. I have perfect faith in your abilities to crawl around the Pure Blood world unseen and gather the information on Cel that I require." Glittering amber eyes pierced through the stunned man. "I need to you find out where he is, who he is, and exactly what he is capable of. And I want you to find that bloody Prince Crede for me as well."

          & nbsp; "But Master, I-I have not engaged in those kind of activities for many years. I do not know if I am the best choice."

           ;  "Of course you are, Chou. Ninja is not something someone forgets overnight, nor through time. It is a part of your soul and I trust it will come back to you now that I have need of it." The whiskey slid past his thin lips and Saitou swallowed the burning liquid without so much as a flinch. "The ability is within you, my friend. I am sure you will find it."

           & nbsp;"Ah, I will do my best, my Lord. That is all I can promise. As Arturo said, the Prince is a crafty old goat if he has managed to stay out of sight for so many decades as well as hide a grandson, but I will put my best efforts forward and try to find out what you want to know." Looking down at his hands, Chou was relieved to see they were still steady despite his nervousness. "Do you want me to kill him? The Prince? Do you want him dead?"

          & nbsp; "I have always wanted him dead, Chou, but I do not want you to kill him just yet. His presence may yet serve some purpose for me and I will not pass up that possibility. So, no, I do not want you to kill him. Leave him alive for the time being and we shall see what we shall see."

          &n bsp; "Of course, my Lord. As you wish."

          & nbsp; "Arturo?" The name was spoken in a low, silky tone that sent shivers up the Italian's spine.

          & nbsp; "Si, my Lord?"

          & nbsp; "I never knew you were so curious about 'the death', old friend."

           ;  "I- si, my Lord. It has intrigued me for many years."

             "I understand why you would want to die in that manner considering how many years you have lived among us vampires, but I do not understand why it is my arms you would choose to die in."

          &nb sp; "Forgive me, my Lord, if I have offended you with my free speaking. I intended no insult."

           ;  "I am not offended or insulted." Saitou turned his amber gaze so that it rested on the fine features of his subordinate. "I am just confused. There are many among us who would vie for the right to drink you dry simply because of your position as my right hand. Why do you choose me?"

          &nb sp; "You are The Master." Was the simple reply. "We have been through much together, you and I. It would only seem right that it was you to be the one to claim my blood... if it came to that." He met the proud amber gaze steadily. "I pray it never does."

          & nbsp; "You have been more faithful to me than any of the others, Arturo. It would take much for you to betray me to the point of my seeking your life."

          & nbsp; "Thank-you, my Lord." The dark head bowed in reverence and Arturo thanked God and the Devil that he was still alive. "You do me honor with your words."

             "As you do me, my old friend." Once more amber eyes locked with brown. I was not aware your loyalty went so deep."

          & nbsp; "It does, Master Saitou. I would give my life for you."

          &n bsp; "I thank you for that, Arturo, but I pray that day never comes. It would be nigh on impossible to replace you and I do not enjoy the thought of losing your council. Let us all hope that is a fate neither of us need to face."

          & nbsp; "Indeed, my Lord." Arturo raised his glass in salute to his master who favored him with a tolerant grin. "Here's to many more years in your service, Great King. May I live to see the day you take your seat upon the throne of all Vampires."

         &nb sp;  "May we all live to see that day, Arturo." Saitou clinked his glass against the Italians and then took the remainder of the whiskey in one swallow. "That will be the grandest day the world has ever known."

             "Si, my Lord. I believe it will be."

          &nb sp; "As do I, my Lord." Chou quietly added his affirmation to the conversation. "It will be a grand day."

          &n bsp; "Then let us all pull together and strive forward to that goal, my friends. I need your help as well as your loyalty in order to bring this new world to life. We will usher in the future together and then we will rule all that is living, and I will reward those who are deserving."

         &n bsp;  "Reward?" Chou looked at Arturo who shrugged in confusion. "What do you mean by 'reward', my Lord?"

          & nbsp; "Have you the wish to be turned, Chou?"

          & nbsp; "I-ah..." Nervous anticipation snaked up the blue-eyed mans spine as he thought about what he had just been asked. "You would have me turned, Lord Saitou?"

           ;  "Aye, if it was your wish to be."

          &nb sp; "It has long been my wish to be what you are, my Lord."

          & nbsp; "Then you have something to look forward to, yes?"

          &n bsp; "Yes, great Master, I do. I will double my efforts and we will be victorious in this cause. I will bring you everything you require. I give you my oath."

          & nbsp; "Thank-you, Chou." Saitou allowed another smile to curl his lips. "You will make a fine vampire one day. Indeed you will." And then he turned to his most trusted companion. "And what of you, Arturo? What reward would you wish of me on the day of our victory over the Pure Bloods? Tell me, my friend, and it will be yours."

             "To be your progeny, Lord Saitou." The dark emotion inside the brown eyes flared to life as he locked gazes with the mighty vampire. "I would ask you to make me so that I may stay by your side throughout eternity."

         &nb sp;  "You wish me to make you? You desire my blood?"

             "Si, Master... for many years."

             "Then it will be so, my friend. I will make you and bind you to my soul forever. Is that your wish?"

          & nbsp; "Si, Master-it is."

          &nb sp; "So be it, Arturo. On the day of our victory over Cel and his Pure Bloods, I will bind you to me and claim you as my son."

          &n bsp; "Yo-your son, my Lord?"

          & nbsp; "Aye, my son. I need an heir to my dominion and there is none other than you whom I feel is up to the task. Besides that, you are already very much a part of my soul and I would be honored if I could claim you as my child."

             "No, Master, it is I who am honored. More deeply than I can ever put into words. To be your... your son, I can think of no greater gift than that, my Lord. I pray I am truly worthy of such a prize."

             "You are, my son." Saitou reached out and grabbed Arturo by the nape of his neck pulling him forward until he could smell the alcohol on his warm breath. "You above all others are worthy. Never doubt that because I surely do not."

          &n bsp; "Thank-you... Father."

           ;  "Welcome to my heart, my son."

          &n bsp; "I have waited so long... so long." Arturo suddenly found himself burrowing into the broad chest of the tall vampire as he sought a closeness he thought would be forever denied him.

          &nb sp; "Perhaps you should not have to wait until the day of our victory then, my beloved fiu."

         & nbsp;  "Not wait?" His wide-eyed gaze lifted to drink in the arrogant, handsome features above him. "What are you saying to me?"

          &nb sp; "I claim you now, beloved fiu, and on the day we reign victorious over our enemies I will grant you half of everything I own."

          &n bsp; "Master!" The moisture of tears gleamed in the dark brown depths of the Italian's eyes as he perceived the tremendous honor being promised him. "You would claim me now? This moment?"

           ;  "Aye, is that your wish?"

          & nbsp; "Si, my blood is yours."

             "Then come, and live forever."

TBC

Review Response:

Rage2velvet: Thank you for the plug. I need to go and check out your story. I am sorry I have not done so before now. Forgive this sessha. I will. Thank you for your kind words. God bless. I hope you continue to read. Tsuki-san

Lere: Am I at last forgiven for 'The Black Hawke'? LOLOL

Cattidono: I know how much you despise Yahiko... LOL. But I had no idea it went so deep. I 'll have to watch you once I bring him into the story. HEHEHEHE

Kaoru890: Oh my dear friend! I have missed you over on 'Bad Kid'. Thank you for putting you review here. I was afraid I had lost you. It is so nice to see you here. Moving is such a pain. I hate it with a passion so you have my deepest sympathies. Thank you for you support and encouragement. I appreciate it to no end. God bless always. Tsuki-san