Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Day 2 ❯ Telling Sano and Yahiko ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Blessed Day 2

Chapter 2: Telling Sano and Yahkio

When Kenshin got up the next morning, he went into the kitchen to find Sano already waiting for him.

"You're up early Sano. Are you hungry?"

"I'm starving Kenshin buddy!!!"

Kenshin laughed at himself for asking that question. He should have known. Sano was always hungry.
As Kenshin began to cook breakfast, he couldn't stop himself from thinking about Kaoru and the new baby that would come in a few months.
A grin spread across his face and he chuckled softly. Sano noticed that his usually calm red haired friend was acting slightly giddy.

"What's so funny Kenshin?" He asked.

"Oro?" Kenshin said. He has been staring into space wondering whether it would be a boy or a girl.

"Oh sorry Sano. Well actually I have something important to tell you that I do."

The rurouni smiled secretively at his Best friend. Sano was really curious now.

"What is it?" Asked Sano.

"Maybe I should wait for Kaoru to come in to tell you." Said Kenshin.

"Kenshin Himura you'd better tell me right now or I'll destro this dojo with my Futae no Kiwami!!! Please tell me."

Sano wasn't a very patient person.

"Okay Sano I'll tell you now. Kaoru is pregnant that she is."

Sano stared open mouthed at Kenshin.

"Jou-chan? Oh Kenshin buddy that's wonderful. I'm going to be an uncle!!!"

He pats Kenshin on the back and then begins running around the room shouting:

"I'm going to be an uncle!!!" over and over again.

Sano's shouting awakens Kaoru, and she walks into the room.

"You told him?" She asks her husband.

Kenshin takes Kaoru's hand and entwines his fingers around hers.

"That I did my darling. That I did."

Sano's shouting then awakens Yahiko, who comes into the room.

"What's that chickehead yelling about?"

Kaoru smiles slyly at Yahiko.

"He's shouting because Kenshin and I are going to have a baby, Yahiko."

Yahiko stares at Kaoru open mouthed.

"Wow that's great Kaoru. But I sure hope the baby gets Kenshin's looks instead of yours."

Kaoru glares evilly at Yahiko.

"Are you calling me ugly?"

"Yup." Said Yahiko.

"You little brat!!"

Kaoru begings chasing Yahiko around with her bokken.

"I'll teach you to call me ugly!!"

As Kenshin watches his wife chase Yahiko around, and watches Sano run about, it suddenly occurs to him that Kaoru shouldn't
be doing so much running around if she is pregnant.

"Kaoru anata, are you sure you should be running around like that? It's not good for you or the baby."

Kaoru stops chasing Yahiko.

"You're right Kenshin." She turns to Yahiko. "After I have this baby, I"ll get you back for calling me ugly!!"

"Well everyone, breakfast is ready." Said Kenshin.

"Oh good," Said Sano. "I'm starving after all that running around."

"I'm hongry to." Said Kaoru.

She sits down next to Kenshin and eats all of her food and some of Kenshin's.

"You weren't that hungry were you darling?" She asks Kenshin.

"No my Kaoru I'm not that hungry. Help yourself."

"In that case I'll take some to." Said Yahiko and Sano.

"Sano, Yahiko, and Kaoru begin fighting over the remains of Kenshin's breakfast.

Kenshin smiles and laughs with an "oro!!!"