Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Day 2 ❯ Late night cravings ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Late night cravings

Both Kenshin and Kaoru are asleep on their futon, and its about three am in the morning.
All seems peaceful until Kaoru suddenly sits straight up in bed and says:

"I'm starving!!!"

She says this very loudly and it stirs Kenshin awake.

"What is the matter Kaoru, koiishi?"

"Kenshin I'm starving!!! So do you think you could go and make me some rice balls?"

Kenshin stares blankly at her.

"Rice balls? That's a strange thing to crave in the middle of the night. But I will
make you some Kaoru that I will."

"Thank you anata." Kaoru smiles at her husband, and then lays back down.

Kenshin returns after a little while with a large plate of rice balls. He is amazed
at how quickly she wolfs them down.

"Thank you Kenshin. I feel much better now."

She lays her head on Kenshin's chest and falls into a peaceful sleep. Kenshin, still puzzled by
his wife's sudden craving, closes his eyes and finally falls asleep. If only he knew just how many nights
he would be doing this.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

A few sleepless nights later (for Kenshin anyway),both Kenshin and Kaoruwere alseep on their futon when Kenshin felt a very familiar poking,
and heard his name being called.

"Kenshin anata, I'm starving. So do you think you could go tho the market and get some tofu and a fish?"

Kenshin stared blearily aat Kaoru. He was still half asleep.

"But Kaoru koiishi, it's the middle of the night." He protests.

She looks at him with pleading blue eyes, and he gives in. Kenshin stumbles out of bed, and gets dressed slowly.

"Thank you Kenshin."

"You welcome my Kaoru." Kenshin mumbled sleepily.

Whenever he had been about to say no to Kaoru, he just looked into her blue eyes, and his heart melted.
Could he handle no sleep for several more months?

"Well I'd better be off to the market love." He gives Kaoru a gentle kiss, and walks out the shoji door.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

A few weeks later, Kenshin and Kaoru were asleep on their futon. Itt had been a peaceful few weeks with no late night cravings.
Kenshin was sleeping soundly when he felt a poking he hadn't felt in a few weeks.

"Kenshin. Please wake up."

The rurouni sat up sleepily and rubbed his violet eyes.

"What is it honey?" He asked.

"Kenshin I hate to ask you this, but I'm craving chocolate. So do you think you could go and get me some from the market.
I know that they got in a shipment from Yokohama yesterday."

Kenshin blinked at her as if he hadn't understood her question.

"But Kaoru it's one o'clock in the morning. Do you think you could wait until after breakfast?"

"Oh please Kenshin. Can you go now? It's just I'm craving it so badly."

She looked at him pleadingly. Once again her blue eyes melted his heart.

"Okay." He mumbled sleepily.

"Thank you so much darling!! excalimed Kaoru.

Kenshin got up, got dressed, kisssed Kaoru goodbye, and went out the door. Once he was outside he thought:

'I wonder what she'll crave next? And I wonder how much longer I can keep this up?'
He smiled and sighed with an "oro."