Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Burst of Inspiration ❯ chp. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: hope you like this one ppo!
 
Summary: A AM pairing. In modern day Japan, all currently attending college. a KK pairing also. All Misao needs is for Aoshi to notice her, but what's a desperate girl to do?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own RK or even any of its products. Im just plain broke.
 
A Burst of Inspiration
 
Misao sighed and gazed longingly out the window, waiting for the class to end. The clock ticked on and the professor droned on. Her eyelids fell and her head fell with a thud on her desk.
 
Kaoru gave the back of Misao's chair a swift kick to wake her up. People around her snickered seeing the drool she had to wipe off. Since she obviously couldn't sleep, she decided to daydream. There was only one person she obsessed about. She knew everything about him. He-who-must-not-be-named was sacred.
 
The only other person who knew about him was Kaoru. The only problem was that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named hung out with that red head that Kaoru liked and Misao was afraid that Kaoru would blab to him. Seriously, she had always that Kaoru would have better taste in guys. But Himura? `you gotta be kidding me. He's short for a guy. And what's with his face and hair? He almost looks too much like a woman for me. But Misao's God that she worshipped every day, was perfect. Perfect in everyway.
 
The only problem was that she needed to get him to notice her as matured, not the little girl as he once knew her. Now how would she do that? She had tried various methods already, and he hadn't even thought or attempted to spare her a glance. What's a desperate girl got to do?
 
Between the desperation of getting him to just look at her and listening to kaoru's woes about himura, Misao had to juggle her classes. It turned out that the redhead and he-who-must-be-named were roommates. `how convenient.' She could feel herself forming more crafty ideas in her head. The cool thing was that she and kaoru were roommates too, so she could leech out information out of Kaoru. `how convenient indeed.'
 
Then after classes, she had to go to the abekeko(will someone please provide the correct spelling for me in a review?) to help out and deal with the delirious Okina. He-who-must-not-be-named was a regular customer. She had arranged it so it was only she who served him.
 
This guy was queer though in a way… what kind of guy only orders tea in a restaurant and sits there for like 3 friggin hours to stare off into space, wearing that mask of his! Sure, she had a strange fetish for him, but who would have thought of being obsessed with a guy that doesn't talk and drinks tea all day? Strange….
 
---few days later---
 
kaoru and Misao were in a class together with himura and he-who-must-not-be-named. While everyone was taking notes, she scrutinized him and made sure to watch him intensely. Meanwhile… he-who-must-not-be-named turned around to scan the room. For some reason, he felt chills crawl up his spine because someone was watching him.
 
She drooled over him and doodled in her notebook. Kaoru, noticing Misao was busy doing something else besides taking notes, snatched the notebook away. Quickly scanning the sketches of he-who-must-not-be-named, she shook her head at Misao.
 
She scribbled in the margins on the notebook paper: How do you expect to pass this class if you don't pay attention in class! Besides what's so great about this guy anyways? And these pictures are starting to come close to pornography!
 
She passed it back to Misao, who quickly read it, answered: he's more important than this stinking class anyways! He's perfect cuz…he just is! Besides, what do u have against him anyways! Just because Himura already has a girlfriend, doesn't mean you have to say anything about me.
 
Kaoru: Kenshin's going to break up with Tomoe any day now! Everybody knows it. This is unhealthy Misao. You obsess about him 24/7, stalk him, draw nearly porno pics of him, and give all girls who look at him death threats. Actually, this isn't unhealthy, it's VERY UNHEALTHY!!!
 
Misao: *snorts. What ever! And I do not stalk him! *clearly outraged at this accusement. What kind of friend are you anyways? I don't stalk him, I just know a lot of stuff about him. Like where he lives, his phone number, pictures of his room, wut he looks like without his shirt, his main weapons are katanas, the size of his shoes, his sister's name, his email, his ex girlfriend, a piece of his hair, etc. That is not stalking… wait I forgot something very important: I know what size underwear or boxer he wears! Isn't that so cool! Hmmm… maybe it is a little like stalking. O well, it's not like anyone else but you and I know. Besides, I don't see any laws against stalking. So it's perfectly okay to follow someone around all day and sneak in their house and go through their stuff, etc. You should try it someday! It's fun. Seriously.
 
The bell rang so Misao and Kaoru rushed out along with everyone else. On the way out though, she was jostled, and the notebook fell out of her arms. Consequently, it fell open to the page of their recent conversation and her pictures.
 
Meanwhile… Himura and Aoshi stayed behind in the classroom for detention. The professor, Seijirou Hiko, was a sadistic man who's role in life was to laugh at lower forms, namely Aoshi and Himura.
 
To Hiko, Himura was clearly a blockhead and stupid walking around with a dazed look on his face. And Aoshi, was an ice-cube who didn't know how to talk, but his main fault was hanging out with Himura. Therefore, Aoshi was declared a lower life form from day one when he sighted the two idiots together. Because he hung out with Himura, Aoshi was also “stupid” regardless of his intelligence.
 
Clearly he was superior to all his students. But these two, were just pathetic. They had no place in this society. Just a bunch of losers. Surprising that block head even has a girlfriend. And nimrod(Aoshi) is bound to live a doomed and lonely life drinking tea.
 
While Hiko sat at his desk muttering to himself and drinking sake, Aoshi and Kenshin sat bored at his desks. But since Aoshi was bored, he looked around the classroom, and bam! He finds the notebook.