Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Party For Kenshin ❯ The morning after ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A party for Kenshin
Chapter 5: The morning after.

The next morning Aoshi knocks on Misao's door. (The friends from Kyoto were staying at the dojo for a couple of weeks.)

"Come in. Oh good morning Aoshi."

"....."

"Uh Aoshi?"

"I love you Misao."

He grabs her and they kiss.

"Aoshi wait a minute, are you drunk?"

"No."

"Oh good."

'Oh wow he told me he loved me and he kissed me!!' Thought Misao in ecstacy.

Then a question popped into Misao's mind.

"Aoshi now that we're on the subject, have you always loved me?"

"Yes."

"Oh Aoshi I love you so much!!!."

"I love you too Misao, I always have."

They continue to kiss.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --

Kenshin awakes to see that Kaoru is still asleep. He tries to sit up, but can't because Kaoru has his ponytail in her hand. He couldn't bear to wake her, so he waited for a few minutes. Then Kaoru began to stir.

"Good morning Kenshin." She smiled happily.

She lets go of Kenshin's hair.

"What do you say we go make breakfast my darling?" asked Kenshin with happy, glowing, violet eyes.

"Sounds wonderful. Oh Kenshin I can't wait to tell everyone about our engagement!!!!"

"Neither can I my beautiful Kaoru. Neither can I."

He kisses her gently on the lips and she kisses him back and they give each other a warm embrace. They walk out of the room hand in hand to find that no one else is up yet.

Then Sano and Megumi come out.

"Oy Kenshin is breakfast almost ready?"

"I'm just starting to cook now Sano, so it will be a few minutes that it will." Laughed Kenshin.

Then Aoshi and Misao came out together.

'That's strange. Sano and Megumi came out of the same room to.' Thought Kenshin.

Kaoru, Megumi, and Misao all wink at each other. Soon everybody was up and eating.

"You're a much better cook than Misao, Himura." Said Okina.

"Gramps!!! Thanks alot!!"

"Sorry Misao but it's true."

Kenshin and Kaoru glance at each other. It was time to share their special news. Kenshin squeezed Kaoru's hand reassuringly.

"Everyone we have an annoncement." Said Kaoru.

They all turned their attention towards Kenshin and Kaoru.

"Kaoru and I are to be married that we are." Said Kenshin with a sparkle in his eyes as he looked at Kaoru.

"Kenshin proposed to me last night." Said Kaoru, a warm glow in her eyes as she looked at Kenshin.

She showed everyone her beautiful enagagement ring.

"Oh wow Kaoru, that's so wonderful. And your ring is so beautiful!!" Said Misao

'Maybe Aoshi will ask me to marry him.' Thought Misao, grinning.

"My baka deshi, getting married. Never thought it would happen. What do you see in him Kaoru? But anyway baka deshi. I'm proud of you. Congratulations." Said Hiko with a wink at Kenshin.

"Thanks Shishou. Hey you'll practically be a grandfather that you will."

Everyone laughs at the thought of Hiko letting Kenshin and Kaoru's children sit on His knee.

"Wow this is great buddy. You and Jou-chan finally getting married.. Maybe your children will be better at dice than you. Uncle Sano.. I can see it now."

"That's all we need Sanosuke, our children in trouble with the law for gambling." Laughed Kaoru.

"I think you'll be a very good uncle Sano that you will. And you can be one of the godfathers's too." Said Kenshin with a wink at his best friend.

"Thanks buddy."

"Congratulations Kenshin." Said Aoshi.

He turned towards Kaoru.

"He's a very good man Kaoru. He will take very good care of you."

"Thank you Aoshi." Kenshin smiled at his new friend.

Aoshi smiled at Kenshin. Everyone was shocked. Aoshi hardly ever said anything, let alone pay anyone a compliment.

"My Kaoru-chan getting married. It seems like only yesterday you were a little girl. I'm very happy for you." Said Dr. Gensai

"Thank you Dr. Gensai." Kaoru beamed.

"Uncle Ken and Auntie Kaoru are getting married!!! Yay!!!" Chanted Ayame and Suzume.

"There's only one thing I can't figure out." Said Yahiko.

"What's that?" Everyone asked.

"Why Kenshin would want to marry suach an ugly girl!!!" Yahiko grinned.

"You little brat how dare you call me ugly!! You know just how to ruin a special moment don't you? I'm your sensei, and you should treat me with some respect!!!"

Kaoru begins chasing Yahiko and beating him with her shinai.

"Some things nevere change." Observed Megumi.

'Some things never do.' Thought Kenshin.

'I can pick up where I left off before Kyoto. But now I will have my beautiful wife, Kaoru Himura, by my side. I really need to thank Sano for coming up with the idea for this party. After the party I finally got the courage to ask Kaoru to marry me. He really is my best friend.'

Sano seemed to read Kenshin's thoughts.

"No thanks required buddy."

Kenshin just smiled.