Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A thousand tears ❯ Crying in Vain ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Thousand Tears
Summary: A thousand tears Misao had cried for Aoshi..a thousand tears alone.
Chapter 1: Crying in vain...
She stood there for how many minutes, for how many hours she didn’t know. She stared out into the darkness from her bedroom window as a thunderstorm raged on outside. Moonlight seeped into her room as the crashing sounds of thunder muffled the sounds of her tears. Shadows danced along the walls of her room as if mocking her of a well known fact that she hadn’t realized till now.
Misao knew Aoshi didn’t love her and it hurt her heart to know this. How many days had she been hoping? How many nights had she been dreaming of him? Misao the little ninja girl was or now had been hopelessly devoted to and loved her one and only Aoshi-sama.
‘Aoshi-sama.’ Misao thought in her mind staring off into the darkness as no emotion showed on her face and no smile played about her lips. She was alone and she knew it too. Sure she might have had a family, Jiya, Omasu, Okon and Aoshi….. ‘Yes Aoshi too…’ Misao thought bitterly about him for the first time. He cared for her yes, but did he love her? Did she want him to? His words still rang clearly through her mind…words she would never forget.
You deserve someone better than me.’
Misao stop dreaming about me.’
I don’t love you Misao.’
Those words had cut through her heart. How could he be so cruel to her? Sure he had been a killer or something along those lines before but she could overlook all of that! Was he perhaps planning on mediating and praying for forgiveness his entire life?! Was he perhaps planning on being alone forever? A choked sob escaped her lips as she realized the shocking truth. Yes he was. Crystal tears ran down her porcelain face as she sobbed her heart out. She clenched her fists together and didn’t bother to pick up the Kunai that fell to the ground A shiver ran down her spine as jumbled words, whispered words escaped her lips.
A thousand tears I’ve cried for you
A thousand nights alone
Sometimes it hurts my heart
When you shun me
Leaving me all alone
There is no remorse in your heart
There is no love in your eyes
Did you think it was your fault
When you killed so many
Like the Gattling gun
Did your Oniwaban comrades?
You sit there everyday
In that place you call your temple
A sanctuary it seems to you
Away from the real world
Away from me.
You wish to meditate your life away
Begging for forgiveness
To see a clearer view of the world
To mend your evil ways.
Why can you not forget the past
Can you not see?
I have always been there for you
And could still love you endlessly.
I tell you now
So listen closely
Now I see amber eyes
Not green.
I see a predator in the night
Stalking his prey and holding me close
Who told me he cares too
Who told me he loves me.
I tell you now
I’m stepping aside
Forgive me please
I now pay you ado.
Never were we two halves of the same whole.
Never did we agree
Both of us were never on the same page
Some things were just never meant to be.
She stopped abruptly as a tree hit her window startling her out of her reverie. It had been Saito who had told her he loved her. It was her fire, her abruptness, her rudeness and her challenging nature that made him wonder about love again. Suddenly the world didn’t seem so cold anymore as the tiniest of smiles danced upon Misao’s face. A lone wolf and a weasel both had been searching for the same thing…..it was the thing called love.
Her door slid open behind her and she whipped around in annoyance to see who had dared intrude while she mulled in her thoughts. It was none other than her Saito who suddenly smirked when he saw her kunai shining upon the ground all around her.
“Losing your touch Itachi?” he said hoping to rile her in a fit of anger. It was always so amusing to see her angry and throw insults in his face.
“How did you get in here Saito?” Misao asked him. “I can’t believe Aoshi didn’t pick up your Ki.”
Saito pulled out a cigarette and shrugged. “Probably too busy meditating although I did see him walking this way…And……” Saito suddenly trailed off grinning evilly, “And he doesn’t have an Itachi-girl to come and see every now and then.”
Shimatta!!” Misao growled and jumped at him trying to injure him anywhere she could. “Don’t-call-me-that-you-Baka!” Saito smirked as he just stepped to the left effectively dodging her blow. He dropped the cigarette and crushed it on the ground wishing it were someone he was killing instead. How dare someone hurt his little weasel?!
“You know how much I love you Itachi?” he said chuckling at her outraged face. She didn’t answer but managed to throw him back onto her bed with her landing effectively on top of him. ‘Oops…’ she thought blushing madly. “Oops is right Misao, What an interesting position we have landed in…” he said.
“Oi Hentai! Get your mind out of the gutter!” Misao said angrily glaring into his amber orbs, punching his chest over and over again when he wrapped his arms around her.
“Okay but just for today…” he said sighing inwardly. Misao snuggled into him and then fell fast asleep mumbling something about Hentai cops who should keep their hands to themselves. Saito wondered if Misao knew how much she warmed his heart by just…well just being her. Her flashing eyes and loud mouth taunted him and over and over again he wondered why in hell’s name he fell for a loud-mouthed, outspoken Itachi.
He had just fallen in love…..
Love has no boundaries
Love has no limits
Love is a thing of beauty
A feeling of completion.
Lady Nefertiti: My first Rk One-shot! Please read and review!