Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

I couldn't help but flash my best impersonation of Kenshin's rurouni grin again. I had found that I rather liked making Kenshin squirm…I think I'll do a little more of it.

"Oyasuminasai Kenshin!!" I said enthusiastically. Kenshin turned to leave my room, just as he was about to slide the shouji to exit my room I whispered, "Sweet dreams…Kenshin…" and giggled, quietly to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven

The next morning I awoke feeling…quite renewed!! I was out to conquer the world!!! Well, at least…Kenshin's heart…BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I was so excited about all the things I could do to make him squirm I could barely contain myself…

I dressed quickly in my practice gi and headed out of my room to give Yahiko his daily beating. I flashed my newest, latest, and greatest rurouni grin to absolutely no one as I thought of all the wonderful things I had in store for Kenshin today.

I stepped out of my room, and surveyed the yard…there was Kenshin…doing the laundry…hehe…I can't believe he was brave enough to get out of bed this morning…I wonder if he has any idea what's coming to him?

"Ohayou Kenshin!!!" I sang out to him, waving my hand at him.

"Ohayou Kaoru!!" he sang back, flashing, a …might I add quite adorable rurouni grin at me.

Hmmm…so we seem to have finally lost the honorific…about damn time!! …Interesting…I flashed a rurouni grin right back at him and headed off to the dojo to beat Yahiko.


"Busu…busu…busu…" Yahiko chanted as he practiced his 500 swings for the morning. I grinned my rurouni grin at him…"Ok, Yahiko-CHAN, when you're finished with that, I want you to scrub the dojo floor, and I want it to shine and sparkle you got that?"

Yahiko stopped for a second. He glared at me; I could tell he was trying really hard to bore holes through my grin. I laughed. I couldn't help it…it was just tooooooo…um…funny? I laughed even harder at myself.

"Kenshin!! You better get in here quick!! Busu is having a nervous break down!! I mean it, she's going crazy!!" Yahiko yelled as he continued practicing his swing.

"ORO!!" I heard Kenshin yelled from the yard. I laughed even harder (if that was even possible)…it's like Kenshin tries to be a dork…I swear!! I fell over on the floor laughing hysterically…I don't know what had gotten into me, but I sure was having fun ;)

Kenshin entered the dojo and ran over to me doubled over in laughter on the floor. He crouched down and wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear "Kaoru, you really should get off this floor, it's terribly dirty. Shessa will go prepare your bath for you." I grinned. Puuuuurrrrfect. Kenshin is going to prepare my bath…. eheheheheheheheh.

"You are absolutely right Kenshin!! I'll go get ready, and meet you at the bath house!!" I practically yelled as I pulled myself out of Kenshin's arms L and stood back up.

"EWWWWW!!! BUSU!! KENSHIN!!" Yahiko yelled, stopping his practice. "You don't have to share that stuff with me!! Gross you guys!!"

I started giggling. I just loved this. Kenshin was completely flustered and his face turned beet red. I gloated inside at my mastery…tanuki girl my butt!! Did I mention that Kenshin's face was beet red? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I grabbed Kenshin's sleeve and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and said, "Don't keep me waiting!!" as I exited the dojo to head for my room.

I heard Yahiko making barfing noises and Kenshin spitting out…"K-k-k-kaoru…dono?!?" in an utterly surprised tone of voice, might I add.

There was only one thing to do at a time like this….

STRUT.

And so I did…I threw my shoulders back, lifted up my chin, and took the longest strides possible for someone as short as me, and I basked in all my glory. Even if no one was around to witness it, demo…someone was.

"Oi Jou-chan!!!" Sanosuke shouted at me waving from the gate on his way in. I flashed him a huge grin. He grinned right back at me. Oh…yeah…Sano knows what's up. J I detoured over to him before going to my room.

"So…Jou-chan" he said in a conspiritually low whisper "do you still want me to take you out on that date to make Kenshin pissed, or have you got it all under control, cuz your looking like you got it all under control…however, if you wanna little help, just say the word doll…just say the word."

I grinned at him. I had a new found respect for the x-gangster chicken-headed friend of mine. He was a lot smarter that anyone gave him credit for. Maybe that's what Megumi-chan sees in him after all…naaaawwww…it's probably just his body…HA! I snorted…what a laugh. I honestly am not sure what exactly it is that she loves about him, demo, he's a great friend…when you figure out what ever it is that his good quality is. I know I just discovered it, demo, I still don't know exactly what it is.

"Ahhh…ya know…" I paused…do I? Don't I? Do I? Don't I? Would I be over the top if I did go out with Sano? Hmm…I dunno…

"Does Megumi know why we would be doing something like this?" I questioned. Yes, different route…different route is good…last thing I needed was to get Megumi back on my bad side…

"Jou-chan!!" Sano exclaimed blushing profusely. I grinned my new favorite rurouni grin at him.

Sano leaned over and whispered in my ear "You're getting good at this, ya know…matte…don't look, demo, Kenshin is only a few feet behind you." My grin widened.

"Ya know Sano," I paused for effect "I'm not sure if I'm going to need your services after all" I said in my regular voice.

Sano frowned…playing his part perfectly. Oh, he looked soooo disappointed. "Aaa…I see…" he said back, looking up at…Kenshin I would imagine. "You've already found someone else that you would like to marry you?!?!?"

I gave Sano a death glare. Damnit Sano, you better not blow this for me. Perhaps I'm giving him WAY to much credit. He looked back at me and winked.

"Nani?!?!?" Kenshin wailed from behind me. "Kaoru, you have already found someone you want to be your husband?"

I smirked…I take it allllll back, Sagara Sanosuke is a genius. Mental note to self: buy Sano a huge dinner at the Akabeko when this is all over, all he can eat. I slowly turned around to face Kenshin, hiding my smirk, I plastered his own, famous innocent rurouni grin on my face and said to him "Why, Kenshin!! What's the matter? You know, when I get married, you will still be here." You will just be sleeping in MY room instead. I added on in my head.

Oh my…he actually does look heartbroken…maybe that was a little too harsh. No time to think about that now Kaoru no baka!! Stick with the plan; it's a good one. I walked up the steps to where Kenshin was standing on the porch and gave him another kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going to get ready now, see you in the bath house." I purred to him as I walked towards my room.

"Oi Kenshin, don't look so sad…ya know. Jou-chan could very well have you in mind for her husband" I heard Sano say quite matter a factly to Kenshin as I closed the shouji to my room to change.

I grinned…this is all working out perfectly. Finally!! Things are going my way!! And of course, my way is always the best way. (Insert maniacal laughter)