Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

"Kaoru, daijoubu?" Kenshin said walking back to where I was standing.

Well, at least he hasn't reverted back to calling me Kaoru-dono…I suppose that's step in the right direction, even if it is, a small step. "Daijoubu." I answered, smiling sadly at him.

He smiled back, demo his smile was a happy one.

"So…uh, Kaoru, did you really mean what you said about me to Taka?" he questioned.

My faced flamed. I had forgotten all about telling Taka that I wanted to marry Kenshin!! Oh no!! He really heard that!! No wonder he has said barely two words to me all night!! And here I had thought it was just compatible silence!! Ah Kami-sama!! How on earth will I ever get out of this one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twelve

"H-hai, Kenshin…I did." I mumbled back at him.

"Really Kaoru? You consider seesha to be your best friend?" Kenshin asked again smiling.

I face vaulted. He only meant THAT? Oh, thank Kami-sama!! I thought he meant…"Hai, hai, Kenshin, you are most defiantly my best friend, you are always there for me, and I spend all my time with you!! Plus you're so nice to me, and you protect me, how could you not be my best friend?" I answered.

Kenshin smiled his rurouni grin at me. "I noticed you were looking at the river, would you like to take a walk with me down there?" he asked.

Thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump. "Hai, Kenshin, I would love to walk down to the river, I was just thinking how beautiful it must be down there right now." I replied.

He smiled again, and held out his hand to me. I blushed, but took it quickly, before that baka could change his mind.

We made our way down to the water, and walked out onto the bridge. Kenshin let go of my hand and turned to lean over the ledge to look into the water, and I did the same standing next to him.

It was so pretty; looking into the water…it was so still, that I could see our reflections, and the reflections of the stars from the sky around our faces. Kenshin was quite a sight, his red hair, falling around his face.

Kenshin scooted closer to me and placed his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him and smiled at me in the water reflection. I smiled back. For a couple of minutes, neither of us moved. I sighed of utter contentment, closed my eyes, and leaned my head on his shoulder, wishing this moment would never end. I wish I could stay in Kenshin's arms forever…

"Kaoru?" He whispered to me.

"Hai?" I whispered back.

"Do you know what they say about love?" he asked me.

My eyes popped open, and I smiled…could this really be happening to me? Kenshin wants to talk to me about love? "Iie, Kenshin, I don't." I replied, a little nervously pulling my head up and turning towards him.

"They say that the best love is a friendship that turns to passion." I gasped, while as if from some subspace pocket Kenshin pulled out a beautiful ring and said "The best gift that you can give your best friend, Kaoru, would be yourself…Aishiteru, Kaoru, will you marry me?" he asked.

I looked into his beautiful violet eyes and saw the love there "Of course Kenshin!!! Of course!!" I replied, throwing my arms around him, crying my eyes out.

He laughed his deep rumbling laugh and put his arms around me. "I will make you happy Kaoru, and I will always protect you." He promised into my ear.

"Aishiteru, Kenshin…I know we will always be happy together." I replied.

Kenshin pulled away enough to place the ring on my finger. It was a simple band, with blue and white stones set into it. "I got the one with the sapphires because I thought it matched your eyes." He said, looking up from my hand to my eyes.

I blushed. "Arigato, Kenshin, I love it, I think it's the most beautiful ring in the world."

Kenshin pulled me closer and kissed me. I put my arms around his neck, and finally had the opportunity to play with his beautiful hair…and melted into him for what seemed like hours.

Finally, Kenshin pulled away from me and said, "We should get back home, koishii, it's getting late."

I smiled at the endearment, finally knowing for sure that it was true. "Hai, anata." I replied blushing.

Kenshin quickly kissed me again "You are so kawaii." He explained.

He put his arm around me and we started walking back to the dojo.

"So Kenshin, you did really sleep with me that night the thunderstorm came, ne?" I asked playfully.

Kenshin laughed and squeezed me closer…"Hai, Kaoru, of course I did." He confessed.

"Mou!! You left me all alone in the morning, you must have known I would be disappointed!!" I teased.

"Iie, Kaoru, I was afraid that you would forget and knock me out with your bokken." He teased back.

"Iie, I would never do that if it was YOU I found in my bed, Kenshin." I replied wholeheartedly.

Kenshin grinned. "Promise?" he growled.

I nodded.

"So Kaoru, you didn't really consider going out with Sano did you?" he asked.

"Only if I knew it would make you jealous and ask me out yourself." I replied laughing.

Kenshin laughed with me, "I suppose that might have worked." He said.

I stopped for a second outside the gate of the dojo and put my hands on either side of his face. Kenshin stopped laughing realizing my seriousness.

"I just want you to know Kenshin, that I never would have married anyone else, not even Taka. I want you to know that even though I knew my parents wanted me to marry him someday that I couldn't even think of doing such a thing after I met you. I've loved you ever since that day we met and you saved me from that Battousai impersonator. You mean everything to me, Kenshin." I finished.

I wiped away a couple of tears that had trickled out of his perfectly beautiful violet eyes and kissed him, putting all my heart and life into it. When I pulled away Kenshin put his hands around my face and said "Arigato, Kaoru, you make seesha extremely happy, that you do. And I have also loved you since that first day, that I have." He smiled at me.

I smiled at him. I love the way he talks to me, it's so kawaii. "Let's go to sleep Kenshin." I said, pulling on his arm, and heading to my room.

When we got to my room, and I opened the shouji, Kenshin stopped and pulled me back. I noticed that he was blushing "Kaoru, what are you doing?" he whispered.

"What do you mean what am I doing?" I whispered back.

"Well, Kaoru, I was hoping we could get married, very soon, like next week or so, and we could wait until then…you know…" he trailed off and gestured with his hands.

I blushed, realizing what he was talking about. I giggled. "Kenshin no baka!!" I whispered a little loudly "I didn't mean…well, you know…I just sleep a lot better when you are holding me." I explained.

"Aaa…well, koishii, seesha does not know if seesha can behave while in bed with you, it was hard enough when seesha didn't know that you loved me back and that we were going to be married soon." He almost growled back to me.

I blushed even harder, I'm sure the most I had all night…I felt the blush spread throughout my entire body…

"Kenshin!!" I exclaimed in a yelling whisper.

He grinned at me sheepishly.

"Ok then Kenshin, oyasuminasai." I said.

He grinned at me. "Oyasuminasai, Koishii." He drawled and then drew me back into his arms, and kissed me breathless before turning to go to his own bedroom.

I stepped into my room, closed the shouji, and collapsed on the floor. This was a new side of Kenshin that I had never seen before…what an animal he turns out to be…(grin) I sure liked it…oh the reality is better than my wildest dreams…I sighed, and got goose bumps all over. I bit my tongue from squealing in excitement. I better NOT wake up tomorrow to find out that this is all just a dream!!


AN: I'm not sure where I want to go with this now…or if I want to end it here…I suppose some feedback on what minna-san would like me to do would help.

Ja ne,

Bunny :D