Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

Short Author's Note:

Hiyas minna-san!!

Since I did get a lot of feedback from ppl who would like me to continue with this story, I'm going to. I sure hope that it doesn't go downhill from where I left off…I'm trying, so if you hate it…gomen nasai!!! This IS my first fanfiction, so please be nice to me ;D

Ok, that's it for now ;D

Ja ne,

Bunny :D

He grinned at me sheepishly.

"Ok then Kenshin, oyasuminasai." I said.

He grinned at me. "Oyasuminasai, Koishii." He drawled and then drew me back into his arms, and kissed me breathless before turning to go to his own bedroom.

I stepped into my room, closed the shouji, and collapsed on the floor. This was a new side of Kenshin that I had never seen before…what an animal he turns out to be…(grin) I sure liked it…oh the reality is better than my wildest dreams…I sighed, and got goose bumps all over. I bit my tongue from squealing in excitement. I better NOT wake up tomorrow to find out that this is all just a dream!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirteen

"They say that the best love is a friendship that turns to passion." I gasped, while as if from some subspace pocket Kenshin pulled out a beautiful ring and said "The best gift that you can give your best friend, Kaoru, would be yourself…Aishiteru, Kaoru, will you marry me?" he asked.

I looked into his beautiful violet eyes and saw the love there "Of course Kenshin!!! Of course!!" I replied, throwing my arms around him, crying my eyes out.

He laughed his deep rumbling laugh and put his arms around me. "I will make you happy Kaoru, and I will always protect you." He promised into my ear.

"Aishiteru, Kenshin…I know we will always be happy together." I replied.

Kenshin pulled away enough to place the ring on my finger. It was a simple band, with blue and white stones set into it. "I got the one with the sapphires because I thought it matched your eyes." He said, looking up from my hand to my eyes.

I blushed. "Arigato, Kenshin, I love it, I think it's the most beautiful ring in the world."

Kenshin pulled me closer and kissed me. I put my arms around his neck, and finally had the opportunity to play with his beautiful hair…and melted into him for what seemed like hours.

I heard a deep moan, and had to ask myself if it was that Kenshin? Or me? I opened my eyes to find myself practically making out with my pillow. I felt my face flushing with embarrassment at myself, realizing that I was the one doing all the moaning. Getting over my embarrassment, I remembered that it wasn't just a dream, but really a memory of last night…I hope…well, I don't know about my dreams these days, but Kenshin fessed up last night about sleeping with me that one night…I sighed, and then giggled and fell back onto my futon in an attempt not to completely lose control over my happiness.

**KNOCK KNOCK**

I jumped at the harsh sound of knocking on the wood of my shouji. Startled, I didn't answer right away.

"Kaoru?" I heard Kenshin's voice call through the screen.

I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding on to.

"Ohayou Kenshin! You can come in." I called standing up, and beginning to roll up my futon.

I heard the shouji slide open and closed and looked up at Kenshin as he walked up to me. I grinned at him.

He blushed. "Ohayou koishii" he whispered to me.

I finished rolling up my futon and turned to him smiling. He was still blushing, and was staring at me, demo…not at my face I realized. I looked down, trying to see what had caught his attention, and noticed my sleeping clothes had once again opened a little too much on top. I felt my blush travel all the way down to my toes as I quickly pulled the sides back together.

Kenshin made some animal sound, and pulled me into a tight embrace. "Why do you have to be so tempting and teasing, koishii?" he whispered into my ear.

I shivered at feeling his warm breath on my ear, making my hair on the back of my neck stand up, and creating goose bumps all along my arms. "Kenshin…" I half moaned his name into his ear…paying him back for what he did to me.

Kenshin quickly pushed me away and growled. "Kaoru, we have to get married immediately. Do you know someone who can marry us today?"

I couldn't help it…I giggled. Kenshin grinned at me sheepishly, probably realizing what an animal he was becoming. I threw my head back and laughed so hard, I felt dizzy. By now, Kenshin was also laughing. "Oh, Kaoru, you make me so happy." He said as his laughter began to subside. Placing my hand on Kenshin's shoulder for balance, I tried to calm myself. It was just such a 180 to me. For the longest time it was 'Kaoru-dono this, de gozaru, and Kaoru-dono that, de gozaru.' And now as if overnight, he treats me so differently, like I'm desirable, like he truly loves me and that he's happy to be here with me. I smiled.

"No Kenshin,' I said ' it's you who makes me so happy."

"Ok, Kaoru, whatever you say" he replied, sounding totally unconvinced.

"Mou!!" I said, stomping my foot on the floor.

Kenshin laughed. "You're so kawaii, what am I going to do with you?" he said as he quickly leaned over and pecked my lips. "I'm going to go make breakfast now. Ja ne, koishii." He said as he walked out of my room.

I stood there dumbfounded for a minute. And then I shook myself out of it. I really need to stop spacing out all the time.

I took my time getting dressed. I wanted to look like a new bride, we were most likely going to be telling everyone the good news today, so I defiantly wanted to look my best. I put on my favorite blue kimono, the one with the silver flowers, and piled my hair on top of my head in an elaborate hairstyle Tae had taught me for when I was ready to go on dates…that was a long time ago that she showed me that…anou, now that I think about it…that was right after Kenshin started staying at the dojo. TAE…that woman, she seems to always know how things are going to turn out doesn't she…she sure is insightful…I'll have to thank her. Placing the last dab of make-up on my face, I stood and headed to the kitchen to join everyone for breakfast.

As I arrived in the dining area, Taka and Yahiko were once again talking animatedly. Sano was sauntering into the kitchen also and Kenshin was nowhere to be seen. I frowned. Mou!! I finally get to squeeze and hug Kenshin all I want, and he's not even here for squeezing!!

"Oi!! Jou-chan!! What are you all dressed up for? Got a hot date eh?" Sano asked.

I bit my tongue from spewing out a mean retort. Taka and Yahiko stopped mid conversation to observe for themselves if I was indeed dressed up or not.

"Ohayou Kaoru-san!" Taka said happily. "You look really nice." He added.

"Yeah!! Busu doesn't look so BUSU!!" Yahiko added and then fell on the floor laughing at himself.

Was that a compliment? I can't tell…I narrowed my eyes into little slits staring at Yahiko's laughing form and began going over all the training, and cleaning he would be doing today for that comment.

"No, really Jou-chan…you look beautiful." Sano said. I blushed.

"Sagara Sanosuke…" a voice came from behind me and I immediately recognized it as Kenshin's "Stop drooling over my iinasuke." Kenshin finished, coming up behind me and casually placing an arm over my shoulders. I blushed even more and then giggled as 3 mouths dropped to the floor.

"I think we've caught them off guard." I said to Kenshin turning my face towards his.

"Aa Koishii" he agreed, pecking me quickly on the tip of my nose and releasing me. "Let's eat breakfast…it's finished now…that it is." Kenshin said beginning to place the food on the table.

I smiled to myself…now today…is DEFINATLY going to be a good day!!


…And it was. It was a whirlwind of a day…demo, a very good one. We went to visit Megumi and Dr. Genzai, to tell them the news, and the Tae and Tsubame at the Akabeko. We sent word to Aioshi and Misao of our plans to be married, and we set a date…only one week away!!!

So tomorrow is the wedding day, and I'm pulling my hair out of course…it's true that there was a very small number of people that we invited, so there was less work than if we were planning a very large wedding…demo, it was still a lot for us to plan in only one week!!

The first thing was finding our wedding attire. I was able to dig out of the shed my parent's wedding kimono and gi, and so that matter was settled fairly easily. Tae offered to cater for the wedding, and so the food matter was also settled fairly quickly. Sano promised to find someone who could officially marry us, and Megumi offered to do all the floral arrangements and bouquets (which I was extremely thankful for) and Tsubame offered to help, having some experience herself in that area. Yahiko did nothing but annoy me…as usual…so I sent him to work on cleaning the entire properly and making it presentable for a wedding. Then there was just the finishing touches…the candles…the lanterns…and then there was planning a honeymoon, and finding enough tables to seat everyone for the reception.

Really though…what I was nervous about…was (**whispers to self even** the wedding night). I broke out in a sweat. Ok, I was terrified of it…I had no idea how I was to go about something like that…(blushes)

"Kaoru-koishii…daijoubu?" Kenshin asked as he sat down next to me on the porch step.

"Daijoubu, Kenshin…I'm just taking a breather from all the whirlwind of activity." I replied glancing towards him and giving him a weak smile.

Kenshin put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Everything will be wonderful koishii…just you wait and see…no need to worry yourself ok?" he reassured.

I blushed, thinking about what tomorrow would bring. I was so excited; I had barely gotten 2 winks of sleep this last week…not since that night that Kenshin proposed. I smiled, remembering the wonderful feeling that had surged through my whole being.

"I love you…" I whispered, placing my head on his shoulder.

Kenshin leaned around and gave me a quick kiss, his eyes shining with love and happiness. "It's getting late…why don't you get some sleep Kaoru…" Kenshin paused and grinned devilishly at me "cuz, I promise you won't be getting any sleep tomorrow night."

I blushed again…so did Kenshin. "Kenshin!!" I yelled in embarrassment, preparing to hit him with the nearest object.

Kenshin started running down the hallway to his own room. "Ohasumi koishii!!" he yelled back to me.

Still blushing, I walked into my bedroom and prepared for bed. Brushing out my long ebony hair I frowned…sleep? Who is Kenshin kidding? I'm not going to get any sleep after comments like that!!! "Kenshin no BAKA" I whispered to myself. I wish I had some of Megumi-chan's sleeping powder…

AN: Ok, that's it for this chapter. Domo arigato for minna-san who waited so long for it to come out. Alls that's next is the epilogue ;D

***yay*** I'll have completed my first fanfiction work!!

If you like my story, please read my new one called "How the Past can Change" (it's another K&K ficcy ;D)

Well, gotta book it ;D

Ja ne,

Bunny :D