Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora ❯ Kyoto ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin or the story of Mulan.
A/N:Here is another chapter. This will be the last chapter until the new year since I will not have access to a computer till then. Happy Holidays and Felíz Navidad!
Where we last left off:
"I should have stopped her,"I thought, walking down the path out of Tokyo, "I should not have let her go."
Miss Kaoru does not need to fight. She does not understand. I would've never guessed that Miss Kaoru was actually the one called "Aurora." She was the last person that I would've guessed to be a fighter from the Revolution.
I just hope that I am not too late.
Here is the story.
Note: all italics are thoughts or letters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /font>
/Kaoru's POV/
I made my way into the city of Kyoto. I was amazed at how quickly I got here.
"Kenshin is not here yet it seems," I said to myself, "good."
I found the police station where one of the guards stopped me.
"Who goes there?" he asked.
"I have some pressing business with Yamagata," I announced, "he will know who it is."
Yamagata had left before me, telling me to meet him here when the time comes.
I was allowed to come inside and led to a room.
"Ms. Kamiya," Yamagata greeted me.
"I'm here," I replied, "Let's just get this over with."
"Where is Mr. Himura?" he asked, showing concern.
"I do not know," I answered.
His face showed disbelief.
"What is my assignment?" I asked, dismissing the topic of Kenshin.
"You will infiltrate the base that is located in the outskirts of Kyoto," he explained, "How you do that is your concern. Report back to me within a few days time."
"Is that it?" I asked. Boring.
"I would feel more comfortable if Himura was here with you," he emphasized.
"Why?" I hissed, "Because I am a girl? Because you think that I cannot do things on my own? Thanks but no thanks."
I turned and headed for the door.
"What is wrong?" he asked. I stopped.
"Kenshin believes that I am only a girl, too," I replied, turning my glare on Yamagata, "But I will prove you both wrong. I can do any job as well as Kenshin."
I left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
/Kenshin's POV/
I made it Kyoto, only a few days behind Miss Kaoru it seems.
I thought over the matter concerning myself and Miss Kaoru for some time and I still do not understand my relationship with her. I have been having some dreams at night.
..."How dare you do this to me?" the young warrior cried out. It was then that I realized that the warrior was not a he...but a she...
..."Do you like this flower?" Aurora asked me.
I frowned at her and shook my head. She glanced up at me and kissed me.
"You can be so silly sometimes," she replied...
I still do not understand what those memories mean. Everything is so jumbled up inside my head.
I made it to the police station and entered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
A/N: That's all for now. Happy Holidays!