Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 21: Epilogue
 
5 years later…
 
“Kenshin! Is Kenji with you?” Kaoru called to her husband anxiously.
 
“Iie, he's with Aoshi and Misao-dono. Is there something wrong, Koishii?” Kenshin replied, asking in worry.
 
“Iie, it's just, I'm helping Kana, so I wanted everything out here to be alright,” Kaoru told Kenshin in a frustrated tone.
 
“Everything will be alright out here as long as things inside are fine. Go. Go help Kana-dono,” Kenshin assured his wife, giving her an encouraging push toward the dressing rooms.
 
“Okay, just make sure the kids are behaving when the time comes, don't let Kenji run wild, keep Kenji with you when Kana's ready, keep everyone in line, make sure no one tries to crash the wedding…” Kaoru counted off with a weary smile.
 
“Go! Don't worry about things out here! Go!” Kenshin flapped his hands at her cutting off her rant. Kaoru quickly scurried inside once again.
 
“Hey, Kenshin!” Sano called, waving, with his arm around his own wife, Megumi. When Kenshin walked over, Sano asked, “Wasn't that the Missy? What'd she want?”
 
“She wanted to make sure everything out here was okay.”
 
“Ah, well, she worries too much. Things out here are great, ne Kenshin? Kenshin? Yo, Kenshin, snap out of it!” Sano snorted, hitting his friend on the head when Kenshin only frantically looked around.
 
“Oro? Have you seen Aoshi and Misao-dono?” Kenshin asked, rubbing his head.
 
“Yeah, last time I saw them they were over by the food,” Sano pointed in the general direction. Kenshin ran off and Sano yelled after him, “Hey, Kenshin, what's up with you today? Not even a `Thank you?' What're you looking for Ice Man and Weasel Girl for anyway?! Kenshin!” When Kenshin finally found Aoshi and Misao, he called out to them.
 
“Oh, Himura!” Misao yelled back. “Nice to find you.”
 
“Where's Kenji?” Kenshin half panted. He was worn out from the stress of the wedding.
 
“Kenji-chan? He's over with Aoshi,” Misao answered motioning toward her husband. Kenshin set off again.
 
“Aoshi, thank you for watching Kenji, but this one needs him back now.”
 
“Okay. Kenji, go with your father now,” Aoshi said, even cracking the tiniest smile at the toddler.
 
“Daddy!” Kenji squealed. “Daddy, where Ayumi?” the youngster asked of the whereabouts of his playmate, Sano and Megumi's daughter, Ayumi.
 
“Ayumi's over with Auntie Meg and Uncle Sano, Kenji,” Kenshin responded, cracking a smile at his son, feeling more relieved by the second. Kids did that to you. “Come sit with Daddy now, Kenji, okay?”
 
“Ok, Daddy,” Kenji chirped energetically.
 
The wedding was nearing it's beginning, and everyone would have to take their seats soon. The kids were fussy at first, but even they seemed to realize that something special was starting. When Kaoru took her seat, the music began to play seconds later. Hatori entered the chapel, and waited for Kana at the other side of the room. The doors opened and Kana walked in smiling happily. She and Hatori were finally getting married after realizing their feelings for each other. When Kana reached Hatori, she smiled up at him and the music stopped, allowing the ceremony to begin. The exchanging of vows passed swiftly, and finally the rings were brought out for the bride and groom to exchange.
 
Finally, the final announcement was made to seal the love of two people that found their love in the strangest way.
 
“I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride,” finished the preacher. Hatori leaned in and kissed Kana lovingly, finally sealing their love.
 
Lastly, the newly married couple turned toward their guests and grinned. The Kenshin-gumi stood and cheered. Hatori and Kana's steps down the aisle were their first steps into a bright future with each other.
 
This was… A new beginning,
A new life,
Together,
Forever.
For all of the Kenshin-gumi.
 
Perhaps going Back To The Start wasn't so bad after all.
 
Author's Notes: This fic is finally finished! Yay! Hope you all liked this fic, this is finally the last chapter. I know that this fic may not be the best fic, but I hope you liked it. I will be writing more fics, so you haven't seen the last of me. The sequel to I Can't Forget Him will be up very soon. Ja Sayonara!