Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blast into the Past ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay, it's me again! I'm here, and maybe I'll do a really long chapter this time! Even Better!!!! I'm really hyped up cause I finished my JINORMUS essay and it turns out that I can be serious once in a while… *sigh* I'm so relieved that's over. And now school's out!! *joy* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay, I'm still really new at this, so couldja bear with me? *grin* Rambling…must…stop….

Disclaimer - I obviously don't own anybody, because, really, could I make somebody that cool? No.

Remember - this ~~ means other person's thoughts.

Chapter 2

So you walk up to the people with Sano, and they stop and stare at you. "Uh, Sano?" the girl asks. "Who is this?"

You're getting kinda miffed at the fact that she didn't ask you, but hey. Whatever.

"Her name's ____ ______(name), and I found her in the woods." Sano informed the group.

"____ _______, huh? Well, this one welcomes you to Kaoru-dono's humble dojo." The man with the cross- shaped scar on his cheek said. `This one'? What's up with that?

"YEAH, BUT YOU BETTER NOT GET IN OUR WAY!!! OR KENSHIN HERE WILL DEFEAT YOU!!!!" The short boy yelled at you.

You - O.O The group - ~_~* You turned to Sano. "Does he always behave like that?"

"Yeah. You get used to it, though."

"Hmmm…."

Kaoru-dono looked at you. "What are you thinking?"

You looked up from where you were staring holes in the ground. "What? Oh, I was just thinking that he reminds me of my nephew."

"Okay."

"By the way," said the one called Kenshin, "your accent is very prominent. Where are you from?"

Oh, yay, somebody noticed. "New York City."

?_? "Where? This one has not heard of a place by that name."

What is WITH these people? God…. "You know, New York City? The Big Apple? Times Square? Madison Square Gardens? (My English teacher calls it Madison Gardens Squared. We flamed her because of it…good times) Anything sound familiar?" By this time, you were getting pretty stressed out. Nobody knew what the freak you were talking about. *sigh* not a good sign. Never. Ever.

"Well, maybe we can help you somehow." Kenshin said.

"Yeah, maybe. Oh, um, by the way….. Excuse me for being an ignorant and stupid and unobservant person, but, I am where….?"

"You are in Japan, in the 11th year of the Meiji." Kaoru-dono informed you.

Say what? Okay, maybe I'm in the past! Yeah! And this is like, the 1800s and crap! Yeah! That'd be awesome! Right on! (Okay, I don't know how a normal person would be able to jump to that kind of a conclusion in like, what, 18 hours? Not my fault. It'd take my days to realize I wasn't in my regular time, but I would be able to see that…..uh, okay, I'm rambling. Sorry) You looked over at Kenshin. Well, let's give it a try.

"Okay, um….So, any bright ideas about how I can get back?"

"I HAVE SOME!!! Although it might cause pain…" Yahiko said thoughtfully.

"Maybe another hit over the head with cause you to snap out of it." Sano said.

~What are we supposed to do? Give her shelter?~

You rubbed your head where a goose egg was forming because of the last hit you received. "Uh, maybe after a while. My head still hurts from the last hit it had. *grumble* Oh, man. I'm still hungry. Well, that proves that you actually can't get hungry in a dream. Crap." Your stomach growled again.

Kenshin sweatdropped. "Well, if ______-san is hungry, the least we can do is offer some food."

You glanced at him. "Are you sure? Cause I can go and find some really easily. Although I'm not that great at cooking…hmmm. I want a burger. And fries. And Dippin' Dots. And a Pepsi (or Coke, for those of you out there). That sounds so good right now." You rambled.

Sano looked at you odly. "Say what? What are those?"

^^;;;; "Uh, just really fatty foods that people in New York and all over the country as a matter of fact live on practically every day."

"That can't be healthy." Kaoru-dono spoke up.

You looked at her. "Well, it's not. But it tastes really really good."

"Be careful when you try ugly's cooking. It might kill you."

"Whatever. Let's eat."

~Although, that food does sound pretty good right now~

LATER ON

You stared at the food. "Hey. This isn't that bad."

Everyone but you fell over, anime-style. "WHAAAAT???!!!"

You looked at them. "What? I'm serious. This isn't half bad."

Kaoru-dono looked gleefully around at the others. *slow, maniacal grin*

You sweatdropped. "Um….did I say something that I'm gonna pay for later…?"

Meanwhile, as all of this was transpiring inside the dojo, the gaze of many eyes followed the movements of you and your newfound friends. "Sir, what should we do?"

A pair of eyes moved. "Wait it out for a few days. See what you can come up with. I want to know who that new person is. I want to be notified immediately after you find out something useful, understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

There was a rustle in the bushes, and the eyes were gone.

Okay, sorry it's so crappy and everything. It'll get better, I promise. I had a serious case of writer's block when I got back from New York, and I had done like, 3 sentences to try and give myself something to go on, but it kinda didn't work. Ah, well. You have to put up with my rambling for one chapter. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll think of something by the next one. And I know this one's short too. I'm trying. Give me credit that they're at least getting longer. *sigh* Okay, I'm done rambling. Maybe. In the reviews, if you don't flame me for my weird getting-away-from-the-plot kind of thing going here, you could give my an idea for the next chapter, cause I'm open to most suggestions. Okay. The thing with the food? Yeah. I haven't eaten for a really long time, so hey. Chill out. Remember that I can and will Kafish you.

ciao