Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blast into the Past ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, ya'll! I'm back! How'd you like the cliffy? Spiffy, wadn't it? *sigh* Pretty good stuff. *nod* *nod* Okay, guys, thanx for all the reviews! It makes me so happy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *tear* *sniff* ^_^ I am pleased that you heeded my orders to not flame me, so I am currently not kafishing anyone. Blast. Oh well. Oh, for the ONE person who actually cares about the quote, it's from Phantom of the Opera (good stuff, good stuff). It my fave. Okay, and so I don't forget: Disclaimer: I forgot it last time, but just so you know, none of the Kenshin characters belong to me. Everything that doesn't come from Watsuki is from me, though. Yay!

Okay, I left you on a cliffhanger, so I'll backtrack a little.

Your hands slid across the ground, seeking, seeking-

HA! What the hell is this? You whipped up your hands infront of your face just in time. The bullet implanted itself in the iron pot that you had grabbed. *click* *click* "S#*^!!!!" You slowly lowered the pot and dropped it on the ground. Standing up, you fixed the shooter with a glare and ever so slowly started to walk towards him. He, meanwhile, is fumbling with the second magazine, trying to get it in the gun as fast as he can. The Kenshin-gumi are staring at you, unable to move. ~What is going on?! I don't get it!!! Why were we attacked?!~ Sano kept his eyes fixed on you while you slowly stepped towards the shooter. Unfortunately for him, you reached him before he had time to reload. You grabbed him by the neck and lifted him out of the air.

"Who…sent…you?" You inquired. Your eyes had turned from the lively green that they usually are to ice blue. You were cheerfully choking the life out of him.

"Ack…Your…..father…sent me…..to..ack….either….dispose or….get rid…..of you….ack…*cough*"

"What?" Your eyes widened, swirling back from blue to green.

He glanced at you. "Ah…you..didn't know…your father has a bounty on….your head." Your grasp had loosened on the shooter's neck, therefore he was able to breathe and speak easier. While cautiously rubbing his throat.

Your legs started to give way, but you locked your knees and kept your eyes on him. "Why? Why would my father do that? He would never hurt me, let alone try to kill me." You couldn't believe it. It was impossible.

(Okay, hi. I've just come back to my story now. I know it's been a really long time, but my computer's gonna crash and I have to save everything to my email. I'm afraid to get on it. Sorry again. Back to the story!)

You dropped the guy and slowly turned back and walked to the dojo. Your mind was in a fog. Why? Why would he do this to me? How could he? I'm his daughter! How'd he even know I was here? I can't just text message him. How? Why? Your mind was full of questions as you trundled into the dojo. You had forgotten that you were still bleeding and blood was dripping down your arm onto the floor.

Meanwhile, the others were outside, having no clue whatsoever as to what was going on. The man you nearly strangled picked himself up, brushed off his clothes, bowed to the group, and took off with the other members of his pack.

"What was that?" Kaoru-dono wanted to know.

"This one does not know," Kenshin stated. "But we may soon find out."

The group got up and followed the bloodtrail into the dojo. Sano is still sitting in the dirt and the feathers and the teriyaki sauce *yum*, wondering about what he just saw. ~Who is the lady? What is going on? I've gotta find her and get the truth.~ He gets to his feet and follows the others into the dojo.

You had meandered through and around and out of the dojo through the back door, and was aimlessly wandering toward the woods. You were beginning to realize that you were wounded, and that you were still bleeding heavily. You held your arm, starting to feel the rest of your body protest to your walking. You didn't know where you were headed, you just knew you had to keep going. You disappeared deeper into the thicket.

Everyone was frantic. They couldn't find you, didn't know where you had gone. The blood trail just kept looping over itself, which was no help at all. Amid their frantic search, Sano looked out the window to the forest. As a thought occurred to him, he stepped out the back door and looked at the ground. There, in splotches on the dirt, was the bloodtrail. "Hey, guys, I found which way she went!" The others tumbled out and Sano pointed in the direction you were headed in the thicket. "I think she went that way!"

He started toward the forest, shouting back at the others, "I'll see if I can find her, you stay here in case she comes back!" The others waved and Sano ran in.

You had come to a little glade in the forest. It was green, green, green. So much green. You were almost blind now because of the pain. Pain in your body and pain in your heart. You just couldn't understand why. Why, why, why? The pain in your arm intensified, causing you to gasp. It hurt so much. Why did everything have to hurt? Your eyes fluttered and you started to fall backwards, blacking out as you went. Suddenly, you were caught. Sanosuke had found you.

Hi. Um. Yeah. About the long wait. Like I said before, my computer's about to crash, so I was afraid to turn it on in fear that it would explode and incinerate me. But yeah. I shouldn't have worried cause my readers would do that for me. Sorry it took me so long guys. I really am. I shall try to keep the promise that I will write more often and in longer chappies, K? Yay! Ah, wasn't this one so serious?! I frigg'n surprised myself. I never meant for it to be this serious. Scary. Anywho. Till the next time!

ciao