Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blast into the Past ❯ Chapter 6 (My bad) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! Thank you all soooooooo much for all the nifty reviews! I am just so happy! ^^^^^^^ How was the last chappy? Serious, huh? I shall try to remedy that in this one, but for now, the beginning's serious, cause, hey, fights in the family may be common (Mafia, The Sopranos, The Godfather) but its' still painful. Okay, I shall continue.

Disclaimer: This is really getting annoying. But, just for ya'll's satisfaction, the Kenshin-gumi are not mine *sob*. But the scenarios and the idea for this story are. So there.

You had come to a little glade in the forest. It was green, green, green. So much green. You were almost blind now because of the pain. Pain in your body and pain in your heart. You just couldn't understand why. Why, why, why? The pain in your arm intensified, causing you to gasp. It hurt so much. Why did everything have to hurt? Your eyes fluttered and you started to fall backwards, blacking out as you went. Suddenly, you were caught. Sanosuke had found you.

You slowly woke up. Everything hurt, and you couldn't understand why. You moaned and turned your head, surprised to see that you were laying in grass. Ah, my head. Jeez, I wonder if I can cancel the concert going on in my head. This is one thing you DON'T wanna have box seats for. Ugh…Where am I? You put your hand on your head and ever so slowly sat up. You looked around and saw a small stream, and you realized how thirsty you were. You tried to get up, but your arm and head protested so much that you groaned and layed back down and closed your eyes. Shortly you fell asleep.

When you woke up again, you realized you were moving. What the…You opened your eyes and discovered the Sano was carrying you. "Hey, I can walk, y'know." He didn't stop, but glanced down at you with eyes that were uncharacteristically soft. He didn't say a word, but kept going back to the dojo, or so you assumed. You went back to sleep, feeling safe for the first time in days.

Later, much later, you awoke (once again) and it was dark and quiet. You slowly sat up, because it felt like your head was being drilled by a thousand jackhammers drilling at the same time. "Uughh…" you moaned, rubbing your temples. Your arm throbbed in protest to the movement, and as you gazed at it, you saw that it had been bandaged; rather haphazardly, you thought. But at least you weren't bleeding. You surveyed your surroundings and realized that, hey, you were in Sano's (apartment thing? I have no idea what they're called). How did I get here? Oh yeah, he carried me. But…I thought we were going to the dojo. My mistake. Aaahh! HE CARRIED ME?!?!?! I want to be AWAKE when that happens!!! Grrr…He's gonna get a piece of my mind…but…he did help me. I'm so confused. You heard a noise outside the door and realized that Sanosuke was outside. You lay back down and pretend to still be asleep. You heard the door open and close, and then footsteps. They walked closer to where you were `sleeping', and then stopped. You heard a rustling, then something cool and soft was placed against your forehead. You headache slowly cut down, and you felt cool. Light pressure was being placed on the wound on your arm, and you moaned in protest and tried to move it away from the source of the pressure. It stopped and a hand was layed on your forehead.

"Sshhh, it's all right. I'm just checking to make sure it's not bleeding so bad anymore." You heard Sanosuke say. Then you felt the bandage being removed from your arm, and something wet that stang a little was poured over the wound. You hissed, but didn't move. Then it stopped, and you heard Sanosuke walk over to the other end of his (apartment?) and sit down. You opened one eye and saw him sitting against the wall, looking exhausted. You were confused. Why is he so tired? I've never seen him look so exhausted. Then you realized that he was taking care of you. You decided that it was time to get up. You raised yourself to a sitting position, and took inventory. Your clothes were slightly ripped at the knees and back, and the sleeve of your shirt on your wounded arm was entirely ripped off. You felt your ribs, and pain greeted your gentle prodding. Jeez, what happened? I don't think there was a fistfight, was there? You felt eyes on you and looked up. Sanosuke was staring at you, watching. "You're awake." He said, totally devoid of emotion. You nodded, wondering why Sano, a guy who so often wears his heart on his sleeve, was so stoic. "How do you feel?" He said, deadpan.

"Like I just got run over by a fleet of eighteen-wheelers." You stated, shaking your head.

"You were out for a long time."

You glanced up. "I was? For how long?"

"Three days."

Your eyes widened. "Three days?! How could I be out that long?"

"We don't know."

"Everyone! Is everyone-?"

"Everyone's fine. You were the only one who sustained serious injuries."

"That's good, then. And you? How are you doing?"

He hesitated. "I'm…fine."

Your eyes narrowed. "Liar. You're exhausted."

He sighed. "Yeah, well, hasn't exactly been a party."

You looked down. "Yeah. I suppose not." You thought for a minute, then resolutely straightened your shoulders and started to get up.

Sanosuke's eyes widened and he stood up from the floor. "Hey, wait. What're you doing? You're not healed enough to get up and walk around."

By this time you were on your feet; albeit a little unsteady, but still standing. "I've had enough of being in the dark. It's butt-kickin' time." (to be a little corny) You stalked over to the door and was about to shove it open when Sano grabbed your arm. You whipped your head around, about to snap his head off. "Hey, what-" Then you saw his expression. You slowly turned, bewildered. "What is it? Why are you giving me that look?"

Before you could move, Sano had wrapped you up in a tight embrace. You were stunned, but, at the same time, it felt good. You hugged him right back.

"Don't…"

You were confused. Again. For like the fourth time in as many days. "Don't what?"

"Don't go. I don't want you to go."

"Sano… I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here."

His grip on you loosed a little and he stared into your eyes. You stared straight back, totally speechless. "Sano, I-"

You were cut off, but quite enjoyably, by Sano suddenly kissing you. What? But…somehow this felt right. You kissed him right back. But it ended too soon. Sano pulled back, and searched your gaze. He smiled. You didn't realize how much you missed his smile until right then. You smiled back, delighted. You started to move your arm, but- "Ow!" You looked at it and saw that it had started bleeding again. You sat down and leaned against the wall, trying to readjust the bandage. Sano slid down next to you and helped you with it. You watched him rewrap your arm, because, hey, what're you supposed to do? Bite through it? You started to snicker. Uncontrollably. You started to shake, cause you were trying to suppress your laughter. Sano looked up from your arm.

"Hey, what? What is it?"

You pointed. Sano turned, following the direction of your hand. There, in the corner, was the newest copy of gambler's rulebook (hey, don't diss me. Just think of it like Gambling for Dummies, okay? Sheesh, crazy people). You found this hilarious, since Sano was such a poor gambler. He couldn't even win at 21 (or Blackjack, for the unexposed people out there). Tears were starting to pour down your face. Sano turned back, extremely red. Then, crazily, he started to laugh, too. The two of you cackled like hyenas, not from the book itself, but for the fact that both of you were alive. And together. (And… still in the past, but I'm not gonna bring that up ^^;) It was gonna be a good day.

AAAAHHHH!!!!! It looks like the end, don't it? BUT IT'S NOT!!! There is still more to come. Maybe I'm dragging this out too far…? Oh well. Sorry for the huge delay earlier. Lot of things on my plate, and a huge case of writer's block. I promise that the next chapter will have more funny in it… When I find where MY funny went… *shouting in background* "Here, funny, funny, funny! Come here!" I'll, uh, get back to you on that. Well, till next time! Ciao!