Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blast into the Past ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ickabickaboo

Hoo-cha

-KP

Sorry, had to throw a little of my midnite freakiness into the mix…don't know why I stay up so late to write these things for you people…*sigh* Must be the fact that I LOVE ALL OF YOU WHO PUT UP WITH MY TOTAL UPDATING RANDOMNESS AND THE FACT THAT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE MY STORY'S GONNA END. Or maybe it's because I'm in denial of the fact that I ramble way too often and have no social life. Who knows *shrug*? Anyway, I think that I'm coming to the end of my rather long and partially involved tale, so I believe you might want the final tidbits. Enjoy!

(curse my ramblings)

It was gonna be a good day.

Some Time Later

After some time recouperating and…uh…(PG-13, PG-13!) other such things, you and Sano headed back to the dojo. Even though everyone was well, and you were doing fine, they said that they had something to show you. Actually, Yahiko was told to bribe you, but in the end, you agreed to come. Who cares about the means? (I'll just say that the entire time of the `barganing', you were all -.-* and Yahiko was all x.x and Sano was all ^^^^;;;) So you and Sano strolled on over to the dojo of your friends. Amazingly, you had realized earlier that day that you had been there for nearly 8 months! (Freaky, ain't it? Just pretend that Megumi and everybody don't exist) You smiled. A lot of things have changed. I'm now so used to this, that if it weren't for my clothes, I would have forgotten about my own time. Wow. So scary. You shook your head in disbelief. Sano glanced at you. "What is it?" You looked at him, taken from your reverie.

"What?" You asked.

"What were you shakin' your head for?"

"Oh, just remembering about the past."

"Oh. Okay." (remember, ~ ~ is Sano's thoughts) ~I wonder if she wants to go home. Wait a sec, of COURSE she wants to go home! Why wouldn't she? It's probably best for her, anyway…*sigh* but…~

Now you looked at him. -.- "Now what's up with YOU? What are you sighing for?"

He smiled slightly. "I'm just thinkin'."

<_<'' "That's a stretch for you, ain't it?"

~.~* "Don't push your luck."

o.o *all innocence* "What? Me? Never. You know I wouldn't do something like that."

-.-** "When I get you…"

^^^ "You mean, IF you get me."

You - running all out ^-^ Sano - right on your tail -.-***

(…uh…that was weird…)

After much time passed and Sano caught you and…things happened… (PG-13, PG-13!!)

…you found yourselves at the dojo. The two of you walked up and knocked.

"Hello? Anyone there?" you called.

The door opened and you were greeted by Kaoru-dono. "Hey, everyone! Come on in!"

You walked though and was greeted by Kenshin and Yahiko. Yahiko still sporting bandages, o'course ^^^. You walked up to the group.

"Hey, ya'll! What's up?"

Kenshin looked at the sky. "Um…the birds?"

You shook your head. "It's just an expression. It means what's goin' on, remember?"

Kenshin, embarrassed, replied, "Oro. Oh yes, this one remembers now."

You smiled. "Okay, ya got me here. What is it?"

They all exchanged glances. Then Kaoru-dono spoke up. "We found something a little while ago that we think you should take a look at."

You frowned, puzzled. "Okay, sure." What could I help them with? I'm STILL learning about this time.

You followed them to the back of the dojo. There , before your very eyes, was a portal. (DON'T ask. It's a very long and involved story. Just take my word that this is a good thing, and it somehow ended up there, okay?) You stared at it, shocked speechless. The others watched you for a reaction. You slowly walked up to it and ran your hand along the side. "How…how did you get this?" You turned to them.

"We found it in the woods a few days ago," Yahiko informed you. "We were trying to get it to work when we decided to tell you about it."

You circled it and looked it over. Then something caught your eye. There was a small lever at the very bottom of the portal. You bent down and touched it, and, WHAM, the portal started to hum, and the inside went opaque and liquid. You stood back, amazed. You turned to them. "I…I can go home."

Kenshin nodded. "Yes. This one will miss you, though."

Your eyes misted. You hugged him, and he hugged you back. "I'll miss you too, and your little weird `oro' thing you do." He laughed and stood back. You turned to Kaoru-dono, who had tears in her eyes. "Here," she said, holding out a bundle wrapped up, "something to remember us by." You took it, you eyes glazing over.

"Kaoru-dono… I'll miss you too." You hugged her.

"I'll always remember you." She hugged you. (so cliché) You turned to Yahiko. He looked at the ground and scuffed his feet. You put your hands on your hips and scowled down. He looked up, startled at the intensity of your gaze.

"Now, you listen up, you little cuss," you started, "I don't wanna leave and then find out somehow that you're givin' everybody a really tuff time, you got that?" He straightened up, and through his tears, said, "Yes, ma'am! I won't let you down!" You smiled, and roughed up his hair. "Be all you can be." you whispered to him, and he nodded and ran back to where Kenshin and Kaoru-dono waited. When he got there, they turned and waved, then walked away. You turned to Sano. He wouldn't look at you eye to eye.

"Sano… I…"

He held up his hand, and you stopped. He walked toward you, grabbed you around the waist, and kissed you hard on the mouth. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and didn't want for the world to let go. When he broke the kiss, you saw all the torment in his eyes. He searched your gaze, then, finally, wrapped you in a close embrace and whispered, "I love you." Then he let go and walked away, and didn't look back. You just watched him go, your heart shattering with each step. When he was out of sight, you turned to the portal, and, picking up the bundle you had dropped, stepped through.

END CHAPTER.

Kidding… don't kill me dead… *dodges flying kunai* *dodges heaved Quest phone book* *dodges computer which she was writing on* Now that was your fault. Back to the story… that was a good one…hahaha

Three Days Later

You were back, in hustling, bustling New York City, being badgered by people and traffic, trying to get to your stupid apartment. Darn this city…You finally found the block where your building was, so you stopped in a small alleyway next to it. And before you knew it, thugs were trying to mug you. Oh, man. SO not my day. You didn't wanna fight, so you were about to hand over your wallet and such when outta nowhere, like three guys fly into a random dumpster just sitting there. Cause hey, what alleyway is complete with out a dumpster? You couldn't figure out who was helping you, till a certain symbol caught your eye. What…the…freak…?! In short order, all the thugs had been disposed of, and the object of your musings and depression walked out from the shadows. "What, you couldn't take care of a couple of baka guys? I should never had let you leave." Drawled Sanosuke. Your eyes just about bugged out of your head.

"S…Sa…Sano?" You asked weakly.

He grinned. "Yeah? Who wants to know?"

You dropped everything (which was a backpack, about $20 worth of groceries, and a really good book) and ran to him, jumping into his open arms. "SANO!!!"

For the first time in three days (as it says above), you felt whole. His arms wrapped around your waist and he kissed you with pent-up passion (hopeless romantic, that's me). You kissed him with equal fervor. You couldn't believe it.

"I love you." He whispered again. You believed that you would never get tired of that phrase from him, NEVER.

"I love you too." You whispered back. He put you down, and you picked up your stuff. You walked across the street, into the building, and to your apartment door. You unlocked it, and he put all you stuff inside the door. You couldn't figure out what he was doing. Then he turned to you and slung you over his shoulder. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?!" You shouted, banging your fists on his back.

"Shut up and stop. As of right now, you are officially mine." He stated.

Oh, wow. Well, I always did like a happy ending. But…I guess… in the end…happy beginnings are even better.

Sano stalked inside and slammed the door shut with his foot. "Screw the people in this building." He growled.

Oh, yes, you thought, this is even better.

HaHA!!! So, what do you think? Personally, I think this chapter and the first one are my best, don't you? Anyway, now we've come to the end of my tale. Thank you for sticking with me to the end of this. Oh, and to answer a few things I left open: You DO kick your father's butt, but he was actually never trying to kill you in the first place! Weird, huh? He was just testing your skills. And the little bundle that Kaoru-dono gives you? That's the kimono from chapter two or three, can't remember. And if there's anything else that you wanna know, either email me or post it. Oh, and I have another fanfic going! It's in One Piece, and it's called An Olde Sea Tale. I think it's gonna be good. Well, thank you for your time and patience, and I'll be sure to look for you for the next Kenshin fic that I write! See ya around!

Entrophy1 signs out

`That's a rap!'