Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Bound ❯ Tug of the Heart ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Tug of the Heart


********************************

Kenshin woke up first in the late afternoon with Tomoe curled up to his side. Her warmth lightened his heart again. 'She was so breath taking earlier. So willing after she let me into her completely.' He thought to himself while a small smile played on his lips. 'After everything I did, this beauty still loves my utterly in every way possible. She is my pillar to stand on, a sheath to my sword. Now more ways than one.' He laughed lightly at this realization. She literally did sheath his 'sword' hours ago.

He lowered his eyes and trailed them down her naked body. So perfectly fitted to him now. They truly were husband and wife. Bound by tradition and by body as well. Carefully he reached out his hand and softly ran his fingertips from her shoulder, down her arm and ended with her hand that was placed over his stomach. Caressing the back of her hand lightly he then moved his fingers gently around and picked it up and kissed it. Slowly he put it back down to its original position and moved his hand back up to her shoulder and began to caress her back. She didn't wake yet. She seemed to be caught up in her dreams.

Kenshin continued to caress her back until he felt a slight movement. Tomoe moved her head towards him and slowly her eyes fluttered open. A slow gentle smile made its way onto her face and Kenshin returned it.

"Sleep well, my love?" He asked gently. She nodded and kissed his chest lightly.

"Very well, my lover. What about you?" She asked with the same tone he had used.

"It was the best rest I've had in a long time. Thank you." She picked her head up off his chest and looked directly at him, a quizzical expression on her face from his statement.

"What do you mean, thank you?" She asked, still looking at him confused.

"Thank you for allowing me to show you my love. I know you were afraid and nervous but you then permitted me to come into your heart and body completely. I love you Tomoe my wife. I promise to love you always and remember this moment forever." He smiled lovingly at her. She then let a smile replace the frown that occupied her face before. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Kenshin looked at the expression she made. It was priceless then taking the moment to be put to use, he moved in and kissed her open mouth. Their lips locked and Tomoe kissed him back forgetting what she was going to say. Their kiss was gentle and loving.

They soon broke away, gasping for air. Tomoe ran her fingers through Kenshin's hair as she sat up. Kenshin quickly moved into a sitting position as well and wrapped her up in his arms pulling her as close to himself as he could. She stopped for a moment and with god like speed he picked her up and placed her in his lap. He nuzzled his nose at the base of her neck and then placed wet kisses there too. Slowly he kissed her collarbones and crept to the other side of her neck. She felt his warm lips trail over her body for the second time that day.

They were soon lost in their heated passions and both Tomoe and Kenshin thought the same thing. 'I wish this feeling could last forever.'

The end.

******************************

That's it for the fic. I was debating whether or not to tie in Tomoe's death or not, but then I decided against it since I didn't want to make this a spoiler. Just a romance and no death scene, sorry if I disappointed some readers but that's the way I wanted it to be. Please review!!! If you want another romance please read Sheer Bliss. It's a Kenshin/Kaoru fic I'm working on, so check it out and please review that as well. Thanks.

*~Hells-angel8~*